Its all coming out now

Riley Smith

Riley smith sat painfully at home. After moving in with Adele he had started to call this place home. Since he had only lived in this house for about twenty minutes before he left and went back to live with Cyndi because he and Adele had gone through that brief break up. He was in pain because it was just breaking in to dawn now and he had spent the night deep in a remote forest in his Werewolf form due to the full moon. The pain of both transformations still horribly fresh in his mind Riley could feel his muscle's shaking with strain. The shift took so much out of him and it always left him so emotional after because it made him realise just what he was. A monster. Inhuman. He just could not understand what kept Adele with him and how she could let Lowan so close to him. Lucky for him the baby was sound asleep upstairs. He had put a spell on him to make his hearing better so that he could hear his son so that he would know when he was awake. He may not have known why Adele let Lowan near him but that didn't make Riley any less loving and caring towards his son.

Adele Smith had just gotten herself ready. Riley had recently moved in, and Adele was happy that the two were back to normal again. However, Riley hadn't stayed last night, and he had been acting a little strangely recently, and Adele was beginning to worry. Adele walked into Lowan's room to find that he was still asleep in his cot. She smiled sweetly, before heading downstairs.

Adele was surprised to see Riley sat there. She knew he would be round at some point, of course he would he lived here now, but she hadn't expected him this early. Dawn had only just begun. Adele wandered over to him, leaned over the back of the sofa then kissed his cheek. "Good Morning You." She said, unsure of whether to question his whereabouts last night. She decided to leave it as she walked round the sofa and sat herself closely next to Riley and linked arms with him, taking his hands into hers as she smiled at him.

Riley shifted his gaze as he heard Adele around the house. A sigh escaped him. He knew she lived here and she had every right to be here but that didn't mean he really wanted to see her. He didn't want her constant compliments that she always gave to him, they were untrue and he was not good enough for them to be directed at him. As she walked in to the room and sat next to him Riley couldn't help but winced at her touch. No matter how soft, it was painful. Even breathing was a challenge for him right now. He would have to make a potion later to soothe the pain.

"Morning." He said quietly. His morning had not exactly been good in any way shape or form but again he did not want to share it with her, it was something he had too bottle up and be strong about. For his whole family's sake. As he was the oldest he felt like he had to set the example and all the responsibility rested on him. He was also the glue which kept everyone in the house. If he left so would Mark and if Mark left then Logan would follow too.

Adele didn't like how Riley was acting. But she couldn't blame him for it, he had loads on his hands. Professor, Werewolf, Dad, Husband...and who knows what else? Adele knew she couldn't ask to much of him. But she couldn't take much more worrying about him, it would break her to tears, and that was the last thing Adele wanted. Adele sat in silence as she thought about what to say to Riley. Did she ask him what was up? Did she try and guess? And if not what the heck could she say without feeling as if she had offended him.

Adele took a deep-breath in, she couldn't handle thin anymore. She wanted to get whatever was on his mind out before Lowan woke-up. "Riiilleeeyyy...." She began softly. "You've not been you recently...and don't try and deny it because it's blatantly obvious..." Adele paused for a few seconds. "What's up?" She asked, concerned for him, but refusing to touch him. There relationship had been on an all time high recently, and it still was, she just needed to allow Riley to let out whatever was bothering him, then she would kiss and cuddle him again. She didn't feel right doing that while he was like this.

Riley sat in silence. Although it was anything but silent in his head with all the thoughts which were rushing through his head. He had not even noticed it was silent between him and Adele. Although when he did snap out of his thoughts he wished he had not as she asked him what was wrong. How could he tell her that? Where did he even start to explain what had been on his mind wince Lowan had been born. "What do you mean? I haven't been acting differently." He said deciding that lying would be less complicated and would not hurt him as much. If he started talking he wouldn't be able to stop and it was all emotional in itself not to mention the added emotions he felt after his painful experience last night. He would be a wreck the entire time he spoke. "Its Logans birthday soon. I was thinking of taking him somewhere." he said changing the topic from him on to Logan. As of recent Riley hated talking about himself. His huge ego had been torn away when he had gotten bitten. Even with him being Veela and irresistible to girls he still didn't have a big self loving ego like he used to have

Adele couldn't understand why Riley refused to accept it. She knew him far to well to not the notice the obvious change of subject he had chosen when she had asked the question. "Hey don't try and change the subject..." Adele tried not to get angry, but it was difficult. She knew getting angry would only make things worse for him so she took a deep breath in then began again. He had a nerve to lie after his reaction to Adele when she had told him the truth about Hadan, but nevertheless, Adele blanked that from her mind then started the sentence again. "Listen if you want to talk...then you know I'm always here..........don't you?" She said, gently stroking his arm before kissing his hand.

Adele then decided that Riley could maybe do with some time to think so she stood up and left him to it while she did some housework. She still needed to tidy up after the mess they had made at Christmas anyway, so it would do the pair of them good. Adele hoped that truth would out before Lowan awoke.

Riley stayed quiet as she scolded him for changing the topic. If she was going to bug him about telling her then he would simply not talk. He wasn't the boy he used to be where he would constantly share his problems and have a laugh abut them. Just because they told each other everything that did not mean he had to tell her this any time soon. As she began to talk to him again he stuck his head in his hands. Why did she love him so much, how could anyone love him. "Why. Why are you always here for me. Why are you settling for me when you can do so much better." he said looking back up at her again as he walked out of the room to follow her. "How can you possibly love me? Im nothing but a monster. Im not even human." He said as he gritted his teeth and balled his hands in to fists so he could keep a strait face and not let tears out. He knew it may have been weak for him to cry but every did no matter who they were. Riley was no different

Adele smiled to herself as Riley began to speak. She didn't turn to face him until he had finished speaking. 'Break Through.' Adele thought to herself before turning to face Riley again. She walked over to him and stood closely infront of him, softly taking his hands. "I'm always here for you because I'm your wife...it's kinda my job...and you're the best that I can ever possibly do..." Adele paused as she looked down. She then looked back up again. "I...I...I learnt that the hard way..." She told him truthfully, as she remembered the night that they split up. "And I love you for the Riley that I know and see everyday...I couldn't careless about you being a werewolf...it's a fact of life...we live in that sort of world Riley...it happens...I love the Riley who's smile could stop a thunder-storm and make the sun-shine..." Adele then moved her hands up and wrapped her arms around his neck. She smiled at him then spoke again. "The Riley who kisses.....and cuddles.....and loves his son so much...that he took him to feed the ducks on Christmas day...when you could've quite easily been scoffing down his Christmas Dinner..." Adele giggled then closed her eyes and kissed Riley on the lips. "I Love You Riley Paul Smith." She whispered, hoping he had understood her point. She loved him no matter what. "End of emotional speech..." Adele finished, hoping that would make him chuckle a little. Adele failed at ending on a sensible note.

OOCOut of Character:
Haha. I'm watching Harry Potter as we speak...Snape just said the word Werewolf. Haha. :p

Again Riley fell silent as Adele began to speak to him. She loved him so much, it was so easy to see and it made him feel good but it also made him feel bad. No matter what she said about him it wouldn't change the way that he saw himself in the mirror each morning. "But that's the thing. My smile would not be as amazing as you make out if it wasn't for me being part Veela. Which makes me even less human. Im still a monster, im still dangerous. How can you confidently have Lowan near me. Just because I love him doesn't mean i wont hurt him. What if he comes near me when im in my other form, he could die. Or worse he could be like me." He said stepping forward and giving her a huge tight hug. Like if he let her go she would disappear. "I don't know what to do Adele. Everything seems to be going wrong. I feel like im falling with no way off stopping." He said muffled as his head was in her shoulder. Now he couldn't hold himself back and he felt tears welling up on her shirt. He had started to talk about his feeling and things he had kept inside for so long and they had let down a huge wall of suppressed emotions which he had not wanted to show to anyone. "Its not the end of the emotional speech. You asked whats wrong and now im telling you. Im not even half way there yet." He said in a croaked muffled voice between gasps of breath as he cried in her shoulder

Adele's heart-strings were being really tugged at today. She had never seen Riley cry before. Not even when they broke-up, and suddenly all she could think to do, was just to hold him as he cried all the tears out. Adele kissed Riley's neck. "Riley...I fell in love with you before you were a veela...before you were a werewolf...and they aren't gonna change how I feel about you." Adele looked at Riley as she felt the shoulder of her shirt become slightly soggy from Riley's tears. Adele had to hold back the tears herself as she tried to convince Riley that he meant everything to her. "You are not going to hurt Lowan...we've talked about this...you thought you had it under control...we talked about having Cyndi there if I wasn't around...remember?" Adele couldn't deny it, she did have her doubts about the safety of Lowan now, but she was sure that Riley would be able to handle it. He'd be able to sort something out, he always did.

"Riley...nothing is going wrong...stop convincing yourself that it has....you have a job...we're back together...we have a beautiful son...yes there's gonna be obstacles along the way...but we'll get around them...we always do." Adele said, trying to re-assure him that everything was going to be okay. Adele reached her hand up to the back of Riley's head and softly played with the back of his hair. She kissed his neck again then moved to his lips. "You're gonna be okay...we're gonna be okay...us...as a family...right?" She continued to urge him to be slightly more positive about the whole situation.

Riley shook her head as he listened to her talk. "I was born Veela. It was not something that i just woke up with one day." He said correcting her. He didn't mind too much about the Veela part. That didn't really affect him and after having it for twenty year he had just got used to it. The only real reason why it was bothering him now was because it made him even more abnormal and he didn't like that feeling. "I know we spoke about it but that does not garente anything. I take wolfsbane but i wont risk it and Cyndi is moving soon anyway." He said as he tightened his grip on Adele.

"Yes there is things going wrong. i have three job, and a son to look after. I can't handle it for much longer. i have the condition adding to the stress and the pain gets so much at times." He said showing her the real picture of what he had been going through for so long now. He had passed it off by always saying it was fine but now it was time to show her what he really felt, seeing as he was opening up anyway

Adele knew that Riley had a lot going on and she didn't know how much of it he would be allowed to give up. So Adele avoided that conversation. "You are a brilliant dad and I'm here most of the time...he'll never be alone...and as for the werewolf thing...it's such a bad way of putting it...but we can't do anything about that until it happens..." Adele paused. "I could get a job if you wanted me to?" She asked, she was only trying to help.

Adele had been shocked by the news that Cyndi was moving. But she didn't want to bring it up, that was just another weight put on Riley's shoulders. "You'll be fine...I'll never know how much hard work it is because I'll never be that busy...but I'm always here for you...no matter what happens." Adele tried smiling at him. She didn't understand how he had bottled this all up for so long. He was at breaking-point, Adele just hoped that all this work didn't make him ill. "Just try and take it easy for a bit ey?" She suggested calmly, hugging him tightly. She was glad that Lowan had decided to have a lie-in today. It gave the two a little more time to talk. She wanted to cheer Riley up before Lowan saw him. Lowan couldn't see him like this, it would confuse him and upset him, and Adele wouldn't have that.

Riley clung to her waist with his arms and refused to let go. Right now he felt like she was the glue which was holding him together. If he let go them he would fall to bits. He half listened to her as she began to tell him about how he was a good dad and how Lowan would never need to be alone and she would get a job. He shook his head. He didn't want Adele to get a job, hence why he had three now. He wanted to be the one who paid for the family and he wanted Adele to be the one who was always there with the family while he was off working. "No. I don't want you to get a job. We both no its not you. Your happy being a stay at home mum and im happy for you to stay like that." He said trying desperately to calm himself down as he took slow deep breaths although they always ended as strained half breaths which lead to him gasping for air as he body trembled.

If Riley had been in less of a frenzy then he would have noticed the skip in many questions which Adele had done but right now, those were the things he did not care to miss. "Thats right, you will never have to be. Il make sure of it. I just want you and Lowan happy so im taking the strain so you two can be happy." He said before gritting his teeth together and slowly pulling out of the hug but keeping is hands firmly gripped on to her shoulders. "I wish i could do that but im working next week." He said taking deep breaths. The tears had stopped but his eyes were still stinging. Now it was time to man up again. He knew now that he was not to keep so much inside again. This was an episode which was never to be repeated again. "I want to forget about this now. My little episode will not happy again. I promise." He said slowly kissing her lip briefly. "I er want to go bed now. Im tired from last night." He said quietly as he carefully walked to up the stairs to the bedroom. He was always tired after a full moon and now was certainly no exception and with what had just happened he was even more tired than usual

Adele smiled as Riley told her that he wanted to forget about all of this. "Episode? What Episode?" She told him happily. Adele was glad to find Riley's lips meeting hers again. That was a positive sign, Riley kissing her that is. "Okay." She said softly as he mentioned about being tired. She chased him as he began to walk towards the stairs then took his hand and squeezed it gently before smiling at him sympathetically then following him upstairs. She wouldn't push him to do anything tonight, even Adele was tired after all that convincing and cheering up.

It had been quite sad and emotional, but Adele felt that it had been good for the two of them to talk in that way, to let everything out. It was something that was going to happen eventually if it hadn't of happened today. As they reached the bedroom Adele moved herself infront of Riley, and stood at the edge of the bed. "Just remember I love you...yeah?" She told him, ending it there before she gave him a peck on the lips. "Night Gorgeous." She said quietly, then got herself ready to go to bed. She hoped Lowan would settle quickly tonight, and wouldn't wake-up. Both of them needed a good nights sleep after tonight's events.

OOCOut of Character:
Btw - Loving Riley's new banner. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back