It's about time you came for a visit, little brother

Godric Davenport

OOC First Name
Nathan
It was cold out. The wind was like ice when it touched the skin of any creature of being that braved the storm; not that there would be many. The Davenport manor creaked with the sheer force that was waging around it, and it's inhabitant watched wide eyed at the never before seen weather event. Godric sat watching the maids and the house keepers, grouching their way, "Get back to work! It's nothing you haven't all seen before!" his words couldn't have been as badly picked even if he tried.

It was no secret that Godric held all the cards at the manor, especially since the kinder of the brothers had departed to pursue his career in teaching. Ever since Dante's leave, hell was in store for those who worked the home -- those who labored for a chance to have a place to stay during the ever so cold nights. No, there was no house elf to be seen here, just the likes of poor witch and wizard, trying to obtain a home for the night, the week, the month or even the year. Hard work for a terrible treating home owner. This was all different when Dante took charge of the home. Rooms were assigned freely for little price to the likes of those who needed them; even as a Death Eater, Dante knew how to treat people -- unlike his brother.

Peering on out at the weather himself now, Godric held a mug close to him -- a mug full of the best brewed coffee in the land. Sipping at it with a lick of his lips, the Wizard turned to look at those that were in his home.
"Theodore, Fandango, Casanova, make yourselves present before me!" his words were like a hiss, but none the less, those that he called made themselves known. Eying them all up, Godric opened his mouth to speak, however, the door behind him swung open. The wind was not the responsible cause, there was something else, something coming -- a person -- a wizard -- Dante.

It was one hell of a cold day, and even as Dante made his approach to the manor that had the essence of so much warmth, the Wizard did not seem much warmer. The cold feel that his brother let off however, that was felt; the darkness was still felt. When Dante changed from his old ways as a Death Eater, Godric simply got worse -- as if to make up for the terribleness that was dispelled with Dante's change. Stepping up the path, the yelling from within was heard from the walk way to the Davenport Manor. Swinging his hand forward, Dante threw the door open, clearing his path of any obstacle. The inhabitants all peered out, much the same as one another, curious of whom had breached the defensive spells that protected the manor itself. Not many could -- not unless you created the defenses (as Dante had) or were an extremely powerful dark wizard.

"Godric, Godric, Godric. What have our parents told you about the well being of those whom hold this house at such a high accord? Treat them well. Be fair, and do not judge those for who they are when you know so little about them." Dante began, quoting his parents every little saying. "I trusted you brother, with the home, with the Davenport name; I even sent you money on occasion to pay for those who have come to stay, to add on to this beautiful building -- but it seems that the money was unjustly, and unfairly spent. Let me guess, put into betting?" Dante didn't even want to know; his brother had went against the one think that Dante had ever asked; be good to people.

Entering the building, those that had been in the building for a long time smiled, the warm essence that Dante brought was enough to blast the rain away and the cold winds may as well have came to a halt. His persona and his presence was enough to warm the entire house. Walking over to some familiar faces, the Wizard smiled, lending a hundred or so galleons here, and another hundred or so there. The new comers got much the same, and even though Dante was not the most wealthy of a man any longer, he was willing to lend a helping hand to those who needed it -- more than he did any way.

Godric was standing his ground, stern and firm despite the fact that his biggest fears of all had been confirmed. His brother stepping foot back into the manor meant only one thing; mother and father had consulted their youngest child, sent him to fix things up, and possibly even re-take the property as his own. Shifting a nose up cockily, Godric snorted "What does it matter what Mother and father say? This is my property now, I run it how I want it to be run!" Godric couldn't help but smirk at the cringing audience that was before him. They feared him, that was no secret. He could kill, rid of, or banish any one in which he wanted at any moment. Those with children were the ones that were most scared; after all, he could put the youngsters through all sorts of horrors, all means of torture that would never leave the walls of the Davenport manor.

Smirking at his brothers remark, Godric nodded, "Actually yes, I did spend the savings you sent me on betting -- Lost it all in fact." and with that, the Wizard placed his mug onto a small table, and folded his arms over, glaring deeply into his brothers brilliantly blue eyes. Examining his brothers movements, the Wizard hesitated with his words, "Wait! W-what are you doing? They don't make an earning here, they work to sleep, to eat, to live!" the aggression that was present in Godric's voice, was also present in his facial features. He was fuming with rage at the sight of his fortunate and wealthy Davenport brother, handing out money to the likes of pathetic muggle borns and squibbs.

"Brother, can I see you in my office -- now?" there was no question really; before Godric had even obtained a response, he was on his way to his office, opening the door wide and shuffling around to the seat that was his own. "Continue working -- you all know the Law's of this home yield you up to death if I so see fit!" the older brother called out, clenching his hands underneath the table, as he awaited his brother to come along and settle down in the office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back