It's a Teenage Thing

Arianna Tipley

OOC First Name
Lizzy
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Back to summer. Arianna was used to the change by now, switching from summer to winter and back to summer again. The holidays had been quite eventful though, much more so than usual. First she had come home to find that she had a new ‘brother’ who was really her cousin. Then Riley, her new friend had turned up on the doorstep, needing a place to stay. The tense days that had followed hadn’t exactly been fun. Falcon and Riley seemed to annoy each other, and no one really got their stories straight.

Arianna sighed as she sat on the bank of the Lake, trailing her feet through the water. She had contemplated bringing her guitar down to the Lake, but in the end hadn’t been bothered. Ari had become lazy lately, blaming it on being a teenager. The band that she had joined in her second year had never taken off, which annoyed her. That would've kept her from sitting around all day I need a job she thought irritably.

Summer was never a good time for an albino. Aleyha was a little more than grateful that the sun was mostly hidden by clouds so she could step out, even if she was soaked in sunblock. Sure, her daily potion helped with the protection against the sun, but it pays to be safe anyway. Aleyha brought out her snake to sunbathe. Austin, lately, had gotten on Aleyha’s nerves. They were not technically brother and sister, and did not spend breaks together anymore, but Austin still treated Aleyha like a protective sister. It aggravated her to death. And if Aleyha had to hear about that…girl again, she thought she would scream! Aleyha had no idea that she actually now stood next to that very said girl. Maybe Austin did not realize that he liked her, but hell, Aleyha did. It was a slap to the face every day. Aleyha rolled her eyes and she muttered, “Boys,” as she bent down and set her large green viper, Fenrir, on the ground. The warmth made him comfortable, as he wrapped himself into a coil. Aleyha stroked the snake, obviously not noticing the girl she was rather close to. Aleyha wasn’t very observant at times.

After staring at the ripples moving farther and farther away from her in the water for a few minutes, Arianna noticed that she had been joined, when the word 'Boys' was muttered. The first thing Ari noticed about the girl was the snake that slid off her and settled in the grass. She knew of parselmouths, but hadn't even considered that they would carry snakes around with them. She wasn't sure whether to be curious or unsettled. She decided on curious. Not being the most outgoing of people "Um, nice snake" was all she could manage. After looking at the snake a second longer, she looked up at it's owner. Looking past her white skin and hair, Arianna noticed something familiar about her, but it was so faint she couldn't place it.

Aleyha nodded, “His name is Fenrir.” Aleyha did not even look over at the girl, but something about the way she sounded drove a stake through Aleyha’s mind. Slowly, her eyes went over to the older girl, and Aleyha narrowed her eyes. She seemed the right age. Had that pretty brown hair and eyes… This wasn’t… No, this could not be that girl that Austin was hopelessly crushing on but did not know it. What were the odds? Aleyha spoke once more, her French accent tying into her developing Bulgarian accent, “Thanks anyway. Who are you?” Aleyha raised her white eyebrows. Aleyha doubted that this was that Hufflepuff was this girl. This girl seemed a little… Aleyha could not place it. She could not place a description upon the girl just yet. Aleyha needed some more time before judgment.

The name Fenrir rang a bell in Arianna's mind, but she didn't try to remember where she'd heard it. She nodded, looking down at the water again. She was slightly regretting starting the conversation, because she didn't really have much else to say. She looked back over at the younger girl, and was rather bewildered to see her looking, like she knew Ari from somewhere. But Arianna knew that she most definetly never met her, and she highly doubted that anyone talked about her, she hardly knew anyone outside her year at the school. When she spoke again, in an accent Ari couldn't place, she looked back up "All good" she said lightly "Arianna, Fourth year Hufflepuff" she said with a faint smile "You?" she asked in return, out of politeness. Her eyes flicked back to the snake, and she couldn't help asking "Do you... Speak to snakes?" She didn't say it in a dirty way, like it was weird, just curiously.

The name caused Aleyha’s expression to harden, but she nonetheless said, “Aleyha Devearux. Third Year Slytherin.” The Parselmouth intentionally used her last name. If Arianna was the right one, then Aleyha knew that she would not like her. Anyone that hung around her brother would typically be on Aleyha’s bad side. They were those no account good people, with nice hearts and tell those like Aleyha that she should not fight someone for the fun of it or stop bullying people. Aleyha would not stand for something such as that. Fenrir’s beady black eyes narrowed themselves at the Hufflepuff as well, as if he sensed Aleyha’s sudden distress. Fenrir was Aleyha’s guardian, pretty much, and he would attack anyone that dared to bring his mistress harm. Aleyha had once sent this snake after Derrik in her first year, but all was forgiven now. Aleyha slowly nodded, “I am a Parselmouth, if that is what you are asking.” Aleyha hated anyone that called her gift a curse. But with the tone Arianna was using, Aleyha was not angered – yet.

Arianna had no idea why this girl Aleyha seemed to have suddenly be un-interested and cold when she introduced herself. Maybe she had something against Hufflepuffs? It was possible, especially for a Slytherin. Or maybe there were rumours going around about her, that she had no idea about? Arianna doubted it, she never did anything worth gossiping about. She began to feel unsettled when Aleyha's snake seemed to change too. What did I say? she wanted to ask, but kept it in her head. She just nodded in return to the girl's answer. She would have liked to express more of an interest in the snake, but just introducing herself seemed to have had a negative affect on the younger girl, so she didn't want to accidentally say something else. She looked at Aleyha and her snake a second longer, before smiling faintly and looking down at the grass, which she began to pull at, and shred in her fingers.

This is exactly your problem. You're too afraid of what people will think. Talk She told herself, as she gazed intently down at the grass in her fingers. Looking back up, she said "Where are you from?" She hadn't been able to figure the girl's accent out, and it could be a point of interest, if Aleyha would see it that way.

Aleyha hissed in Parseltongue, “Down, Fenrir. I can handle this.” Fenrir lowered his head away from the girl, and rested it down into the ground, continuing to soak up the warmth. Aleyha hoped that Fenrir would not try anything, and doubted he would unless Aleyha commanded it. Aleyha was waiting for Arianna to comment on her gift, call it a curse, and it would give Aleyha another reason to serve another detention. But, it shocked her that nothing like that come from the Hufflepuff’s mouth. This was utmost curious, and it brought Aleyha’s hardened expression to soften into curiosity and confusion. Aleyha slowly took a few steps closer to Arianna and the red eyes stared into the Hufflepuff, trying to read her. But, she couldn’t. This girl was confusing. She did not look like a wuss, and she didn’t look like a snob either. “I’m from Bulgaria, but I was raised in France,” Aleyha answered, almost too softly. In her mind, Aleyha came to the conclusion that this could not be that girl that Austin hung out with. Anyone that hung out with Austin had to be annoying. This girl was proving to be anything but. “What about you?”

Arianna couldn't help but stiffen when Aleyha spoke to her snake. She had no idea whether the snake was being told to attack, or what. She looked over to see, with relief that the snake, Fenrir, has settled back down in the grass again. Arianna glanced up into Aleyha's face, and was confused to see that it wasn't as hard looking as before. She had no idea what to think. It seemed that when she didn't open her mouth, it was better. She watched a little apprehensively, as Aleyha moved closer. Arianna didn't move. She had been here first, after all, and would not be scared away, if that was what Aleyha was doing.

When Aleyha spoke however, she knew that her intentions weren't of a bad nature. She nodded, that explained the accent. She hadn't been to Europe, so hadn't picked up either of the accents. "Even after being here for almost four years, I still consider Canada home" she said, rather fondly. Though she liked New Zealand, her home country had always been her favourite "Why didn't you go to Durmstrang, or Beauxbatons then?" she asked. It seemed logical to her. Though Aleyha seemed more friendly now, Arianna was still a little weary, even with the girl's height being considerable shorter than hers, she could imagine her doing some damage.

Aleyha slowly combed her white blonde hair from her face, and it flowed down over her shoulders. She slowly nodded at Arianna's words. So, this was Austin's friend. That Canadian girl. "Oh," was all Aleyha could say about her heritage. Though the question that passed through Arianna's mouth made Aleyha roll her red eyes. "I would have been going to Durmstrang if that bloody Professor Styx didn't force me to come back here. He is the Head of the family of mine, so you wouldn't understand. I didn't have a choice." Aleyha shrugged, revealing that she didn't want to stay here, but there was much more to the story than just that. "Let's say my step-mother...before I found out I was adopted rather, and I didn't get along. And I didn't want to stay in a school where she was the Headmistress, so I tried to move away. But she isn't here anymore so I like it." Aleyha didn't care to reveal this. She had connections to get back to Arianna if she spread the word. But Aleyha doubted that the girl would do such a thing. She didn't seem the type.

Aleyha was related to Proffessor Styx? The man had always made Arianna feel rather uncomfortable "Proffessor Styx, as in the Herbology teacher?" she asked, just to make sure. She nodded slowly. Arianna didn't really understand, coming from a reasonably average family. They didn't have any 'Head of the family' types. Ari listened to her speak briefly about herself, but wasn't exactly sure what to say. She did, of course, understand fully about family troubles, but not to the extent of adoption, and being forced to go to a school that she didn't want to go to "When was she head-mistress?" she asked, a small frown on her face.

Then Arianna suddenly remembered something from a few minutes ago "Wait... You said your last name is Devearux?" she asked, looking straight at her. Could she be related to Austin? They didn't seem alike, and she couldn't remember him ever mentioning that he had a sister. Maybe they were cousins or something.

"Yes, and that new Slytherin Head of House. He is related to a lot of my family, and even had a son who graduated a few years back and a third year son in Slytherin." Aleyha shrugged, not caring to reveal this information. Aleyha had to remember when exactly she was headmistress. Aleyha could have sworn it was last year, and she was sure it was. "Professor Rambolt turned Zhefarovich, from last year I think. I can't stand her. When she went missing, I hoped she stayed missing, but no." Aleyha thought that Cecily was a parasite. She just kept coming back, even from the shove down the stairs, she died and came back, to Aleyha's dismay. Aleyha smirked a bit when Arianna repeated her last name. Though she hated her last name and could not wait until she was a Snow, it was still rather interesting to see just how slow this girl was. "Yes, it is. I guess my brother did not tell you about me, did he." Then again, Aleyha was the one who injured his arm and made it stiffer than normal. That was what he got for pissing her off.

Arianna nodded. She had heard something about Slytherin having a new head of house. She couldn't think of much to say, as she doubted that she knew these sons. Honestly, she really couldn't imagine Professor Styx having kids, but she kept that quiet. "Oh, Professor Rambolt" she said in recognition. Ari never had anything much to do with the headmasters or mistresses of the school, as she didn't get into trouble much. Hanging around the common room and the Lake didn't really get you sent to the headmaster's office. "Your brother... That wouldn't be Austin would it?" she said carefully. From what Aleyha had just said, it didn't sound like they were on great terms.

At least Arianna recognized Cecily's name and title. It would have been weird if she did not know the headmistress before Roman Ivo came along. "Yeah, brother by adoption, cousin by blood. That would be the book worm, named Austin." Aleyha confirmed both her and Arianna's suspicions. So, Aleyha knew Arianna through Austin, and he did not talk about her. Well, what was there good to say about this Slytherin? Aleyha decided to change the subject. February was a good time for swimming, especially in New Zealand. "Hey, want to go swimming? I'm a little bored." Aleyha shrugged, and she took off her clothes, revealing a black swimsuit that was a single piece. She didn't like bikinis yet. Aleyha stepped into the water, and slowly, she sank into the cool liquid. Fenrir seemed uninterested, which was a good thing for anyone close to him.

Arianna smiled. She hadn't thought of Austin as the bookworm type, though she didn't exactly know him that well yet. Though the first time she had met him was in the Library, and he was a Ravenclaw, afterall. She didn't attempt to figure out all these relations that Aleyha seemed to have. Ari was alittle surprised when swimming was suggested "Uh, sure" she said, standing up. She was slightly alarmed when the younger girl began to take off her clothes, but she had a swim suit on underneath. Not having anything other than her clothes that she was wearing under her robes, which were in a crumpled pile a few meters from the shore, she wasn't sure whther to join Aleyha. She had short-shorts on, and a tshirt over a black singlet. She took off her t shirt, glad that her under-shirt was of a dark colour. Instead of taking her time like Aleyha, Ari jumped straight in. She had swum many times in this Lake, and knew where the deep parts were, which was where she had dived. She surfaced, bobbing in the water, glad to see that she had made a splash.

Aleyha didn't care that Arianna was a quickie at getting into the water. Aleyha still had a little bit of difficulty swimming as is. Aleyha slowly made her way out into the deeper water, closer to Arianna to avoid most of the splash. This girl was not as bad as Aleyha thought she would be. Aleyha rolled her eyes and she said, "You splashed me, you know that right? Well, take this!" Aleyha sent a smallish wave of water, considering she slipped and her body went under the water. She popped her head back up and shoved her white blonde hair back. She laughed, truly laughed in the presence of someone she never thought that she would.

Ari grinned "I know, don't worry" she said, kicking backwards away from Aleyha. If she wanted a fight, she'd get one "Oh, it's on." she said, as she got splashed. Treading water, she attempted to drench Aleyha as the blonde girl bobbed back up. Arianna laughed too, much more at ease than she had been. Austin's sister wasn't bad at all, in fact, Ari found her rather interesting. She dived back under the water, trying to confuse Aleyha to where she was. She forced the last time she had played with someone in the Lake out of mind. She hadn't seen Ares since the holidays between their Second and Third year, and she was glad.

Austin had had a busy day, working and reading, lessons and not procrastinating. It was a tough job trying to be a good Ravenclaw citizen. This time, he decided to head out to the Lake, after saying good bye to Azerail. Austin wasn't looking for anyone in particular, but when he heard a strange hissing sound, his green eyes glanced down to see Fenrir, almost ready to attack. Austin took a good step back, but then some splashing noises attracted his eyes toward the water. What he saw was rather scary in itself. Aleyha and Arianna. Arianna looked as beautiful as ever and he tried not to blush about this thought but failed anyway. Hey, he is a teenager. To him, it looked like they were fighting, and naturally, Austin went to the 'rescue'. Austin shoved his shirt and shoes off before diving into the water. He stopped about half way into the water, about waist deep, when he saw Aleyha's smile. "Uh...oh god, this is embarrassing. Aleyha, I thought you were attacking...her..."

Aleyha got drenched with Arianna's counter, but by the time she wiped the water from her eyes, Arianna had dived. "Now where in the world did that Puff go?" Aleyha glanced around, expecting her to pop up at any moment. But then a male's voice made Aleyha freeze. Fenrir had hissed in warning, "Austin comes!" Aleyha turned her head toward the direction of the shore, and surely enough, there was her 'brother'. Even though they were no longer living under the same roof, nor were they blood related, she still thought of him as her brother. Aleyha rose her eyebrows in wonder when Austin came to his senses. It must have been her smile and her happier appearance that caused him to stop. "Idiot, I wasn't. Geez, I can't splash people because someone wonders who I am about to kill." Aleyha glared at Austin, before her palm went back, and then shoved a wave of water straight toward Austin. Aleyha wondered curiously, where was Theodore? She missed him.

When Arianna popped back up, she found Aleyha staring towards the shore, and she turned to look too. Someone jumped in the water, and Ari squinted through the splash, seeing... "Austin?" she said, realsiing what was going on. She couldn't help but laugh "She wasn't attacking me, we were having a water fight" she explained. Suddenly aware that she wasn't wearing very much, especially compared to the last time she had seen him, on Halloween, Ari sunk down in the water, so that only her head was visible "Boy against girls?" she said, and without waiting for a reply, she joined Aleyha in splashing her brother.

Theodore had a massive headache the size of New Zealand itself right about now, he blamed it his little trip to the Great Hall for some food. Everyone there decided to be extremely loud for some reason, even louder than usual and he just couldn't handle it for too long before his head wanted to expload and he had to get out of there. Eventually he found himself outside and by the lakefront looking for Aleyha, some first year said they had seen her head over here when he had asked him where she was. When he arrived at the Lakefront the first thing he hear was laughter, then followed by some splashing coming from the lake.

'There she is.' He noted when he finally caught sight of Aleyha, she was with two others that he didn't really recognize and they were all the water, splashing around. As much as he wanted to go over and talk to Aleyha and stuff, the other two, and the water made him nervous and a little unsure if he wanted to proceed any further. 'I'll just stand here and see if she notices me or anything.' He wouldn't stop her from hanging out with her friends or anything so without word or sudden movements he leaned against a tree, somewhat distanced from the lake and all the others.

Austin barely had time to even duck when Aleyha splashed him, but when Arianna joined in, and got him drenched, it was just unfair. "Hey! Cut it out! Two against one beats me out by a long shot!" Austin was not even putting up a fight. Who could blame him when he had a pretty girl in the water to look at? He shielded his eyes so that the water would not enter, and he took a few steps in retreat. "If I had a white flag, I'd raise it!" All in all, he was giving up right from the start. Austin gave a shy wave to Arianna, and even with a huge shell on her back from Halloween, he thought she looked adorable. But now...holy hell. Austin had to fight himself from staring too long. Austin moved his now soaking wet hair from his face, and he gave a rather cocky smirk and shook his head in mock disappointed at the girls.

Aleyha laughed, "Oh, you weakling!" But her eyes caught something - or someone - far more interesting than her brother. Her boyfriend. Aleyha smirked over at Arianna, teasing, "You two love birds play nice." Aleyha then rushed to get out of the water, didn't care that she was dripping wet, before she took a run and leap straight at Theodore, to embrace him, and to get him as soaked as she was. Aleyha was laughing, happy and almost as light as a bird. She was glad that she would be marrying Theodore, because she could be herself around him. He seemed like a great friend. Fussy at times, but grand none the less. From where Aleyha pounced, she made sure that she was at an angle so that he would fall to the grass if he did not catch her in mid-air.

Arianna rolled her eyes "Oh, you'll survive" she said, grinning. She couldn't help but stare a little, as he pushed his hair back. Her gaze reluctantly left him, as Aleyha suddenly spotted something, and began to run to the shore. Ari looked up at the grounds, and saw a blonde guy she vaguely recognised leaning against a tree. "What do mean love birds?" she demanded after her, then realised what she had said. She could feel her face warming, and ducked under the water to avoid Austin seeing. She popped back up after ten seconds, running her fingers back through her hair, away from her face "Um, how are you?" she asked, awkwardly "Did you keep your shell?" she asked, smiling at him, trying hard not to stare.

'Oh no, here comes trouble.' Theodore thought to himself as he tensed up, Aleyha was headed right towards him still soaking wet from being inside the lake just moments ago. He didn't mind that she coming over, but at the speed and the excitement on her face he could tell that whatever she was doing was probably going to end up badly for him, and she was soaking wet too! His eyes drifted to the other two in the lake for a moment, who really seemed to be into one another to be worried about him, but when his eyes drifted back he realized that Aleyha was planning on jumping him. By the time he was able to react and get his head sorted it was way to late for him to stop her.

"Ugh!" Theodore grunted when Aleyha jumped him and he stumbled back onto the grassy ground from the impact of being jumped on by her. Looking at up at Aleyha, as much as he adored he was far beyond being thrilled with her right now, why was it that she always jumped on him? "Why do you always have to jump on me? AND YOUR ALL WET!!" She stated out loud as he stared at Aleyha with widened emerald green eyes, he was going to be soaked by the time she got up! Theodore didn't feel like being in wet clothes while outside, but apparently his future Fiancée had other thoughts about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back