It's a lake! Closed

Immy smiled glad people wanted to play. She looked towards Taylor and smiled. She didn't know how to play either. How hard could it be, it didn't have to be a serious game where you had to follow the rules, just a fun friendly game.

"I don't know how either. Let's just play and have a good time, with not too much worry about how to actually play the game properly." Immy said smiling brightly.

Scarlette blushed. "I'm really sorry about that. I was sat in the tree because I was a little nervous about meeting all your friends. I've never had that many friends before and I didn't know if I was truly welcome...That sounds really silly doesn't it?" She answered Taylor before turning to face the rest of the group. "Hi, I'm Scarlette. Nice to meet you all. Rugby isn't a hard game to play is it?"

Megan slowly walked down to the lake, the place Alfie had told her to meet him. She didn't know why she was going down there to meet him, why couldn't they stay in a place where her book wouldn't get wet? As megs made her way down she also read 'The Bonsai School' by Craig Coussins. She had just gotten to page 156, starting the chapter about Styling a mountain juniper as an informal upright, when she looked up and saw Alfie. He was about seven steps away from her, he was also surrounded with a load of other people, including more boys. Megan was to nervous to even say a fact.

Teddy laughed at Taylor's expression. "We'll teach you, the both of you and anyone else who wants to learn." He spoke quite loudly, still laughing. His laughing stopped slightly when he noticed a small girl, she looked terrified and her eyeline was on Alf. "Um.. Alf. You wanna explain why there seems to be a little girl terrified of you?" He pointed over to her to help Alfie see where.

"It's not silly, I have quite few friends who are shy, Judy over there is here to make friends aswell." Taylor pointed over her shoulder to Judy. "By the way, Sorry about snapping about my swing, I really wasn't having a good day." She smiled before frowning as she heard Teddy's comment. "Teddy what are you on abou.." She stopped when she saw the girl, she looked like she was in shock. "Alfie what have you done to that poor girl to make her so scared?"

He looked up wondering what they were on about. " Megs!" He put down his guitar and jumped up to greet her. "She's very shy and i haven't done anything to her. Megs, this is Taylor and Jessi and Elliot and Immy and Scarlette and Judy and Teddy. Everyone this is Megan or Megs." he indicated each person as he said their name.

Megan heard the voices but didn't register any until Alfie spoke. "You didn't tell me there were going to be people." It was true, Alfie had only told her to meet her by the lake, she would havbe been more prepared if he had said there was going to be people. "Kansas state law requires pedestrians crossing the highways at night to wear tail lights. " Megs instantly felt calmer, she had only resently found out that fact so it made more of an impact. She waved at the, what she considered to be, huge goup and smiled slightly, if nervously, at Alfie.

Immy looked over and saw another girl approach them. This one seemed quite nervous. Immy smiled politely to her as Alfie introduced them all to her. Immy smiled as the girl told them all a fact. Immy was aware where Kansas was. Immy knew her states just not the laws of the states. Immy smiled to the girl, Megan. Hopefully making her more comfortable around them all.

"Hi Megan. Like Alfie said I'm Immy or Imogen. Cool factoid " Immy said brightly to the girl. She did a quick head count of all the people there. 9, an odd number "If we are going to play rugby, then we should split into teams." Immy suggested.

Megans frow creaqsed and her head cocked sideways. Factoid? She had never heard this term before, which was a first for her. "What's a, Factoid?" She spoke quietly and cautiously.

Megs' eyes widened in fear when the girl mentioned rugby, she hated all sports, muggle or magical. "No, no, no, no, no!" She took a step backwards and slightly left, now partially behind Alfie. "I won't!" She whispered feircley in a volume quiet enough that even Alf would have trouble hearing her.

Immy smiled and noticed the girl, Megan's step back when Immy mentioned rugby. If she didn't want to play this would be convenient. If she didn't want to play, that meant that 8 people would most likely be playing, which split evenly. It would just be a matter of how to split the 8 into two teams. Immy herself wasn't too bothered about who she was with, all that mattered was that they have fun.

"Factoid is small and often unimportant bit of information." Immy smiled apologetically at the girl, hoping that she didn't mind that Immy called it unimportant, it just didn't really have any relevance to anything. "Megan, if you don't want to play, it'll be fine. You don't have to."

Megan sighed when the blonde told her she didn't have to play, but she still didn't step out of Alfie's shadow. Something struck Megan, the blonde girl just called her fact unimportant. She sniffed slightly and spoke in the bravest voice she could manage, which was still very quiet but not as high pitched. "It's important to people in Kansas."

Immy smiled at the nervous girl. She could tell that Megan had taken a little bit of offence to Immy's word. Immy hadn't meant it in that way. She'd not meant that it wouldn't be unimportant to the people of Kansas, but it wasn't like this school was actually Hogwarts Kansas America. They weren't anywhere near Kansas meaning that to the people there and then the fact was unimportant. Immy didn't really feel like explaining herself to Megan but it would've been very impolite of her to not.

"We aren't in Kansas. As far as I know none of are from Kansas. So telling the fact to us, here in New Zealand, makes it unimportant. Useful for if we ever go to Kansas but unimportant. I didn't mean any offence by what I said." Immy said politely.

Judy had taken out her magenfying glass and was looking at a stone she had found on the lake bed near the shore. She had taken off her shoes and rolled up her jeans so she could step into it. Judy had about a three second attention span and everyone seemed to be talking about Rugby anyway. She didn't know much about it but she was sure she would find out when they played. She had played football with her brother so how much diffrent could it be.

She saw a new girl come by and smiled at her. Judy opened her mouth to speak. Closed it. Opened it then closed it again as if the words refused to come out of her mouth. She only stood there and waived looking and feeling like an idiot. Afterwards she played with the brown pigtail that she had put her hair into. She saw Immy trying to make the new girl more comftable but it didn't seem to be working. Judy thought that Megan was just like her in this aspect. Only she cared more for finding things out though actually handaling it rather than from books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back