It Worked?!

Evie was still surprised that Kyne seemed so happy about this, she figured that for sure that if he was going to back out of helping to raise the baby he would do it now. But still he remained and he looked so happy with Jayson that it made her heart beat lovingly inside her chest. "Trace...the father look it..it really suits you." Evangelina reached out and stroked her baby's soft cheek as he gazed up at Trace. He seemed to already know who his father was and that alone made her a very proud mother. Her friend had long since left to leave the happy parents for some alone time with their newborn. Evangelina was was thankful that her friend had because she did need to spend some time with her baby and with Trace so she could get some things settled out before it came for her to take the baby home and leave the Hospital. But as she gazed over and baby and father her heart seriously wanted to just explode. He was looking at the baby as if he were a pile of gold or something that he had always wanted and that was enough to convince her that he was going to be an amazing father. "It's an amazing feeling knowing that we created him and he's ours I just hope...that I can be a good mother to him." Evangelina told Kyne honestly as she motioned for him to hand the baby back to her. It sounded selfish but she missed holding him already and it wouldn't be long before the nurses came to take him away and everything. According to what the nurses said she was going to have to spend a good day or so in the Hospital after this just to make sure she was okay and that the baby was alright as well. Once she had the baby back in her arms she kissed the top of his head gently.

"So Trace I uh have a question for you. When I get released from the Hospital...do you think you could stay a few nights with me and the baby? It would give you more of a chance to bond with Jayson and I'm afraid I might need some help for the first couple of days." Evangelina winced and sat up but managed to hold the baby more comfortably. He was already so well behaved that she could barely believe that he was a newborn. She really hoped that he could find some time off work, even if it's just for a few nights so he could sleep over and help her out with the baby for the first couple of days. Evie didn't really want to be alone anyways.

Kyne wanted to point out that when she gets cleaned up and rested up, that she has the look of the mother, but he figured that it would not be the best thing to say as of the moment. Kyne was a gentleman, and Jayson looked up at his father with large eyes. He figured that they would change to brown as he gets older, because that is what the mother had, or even a dark hazel like his own. Kyne was glad that they had similar eyes so that no matter what, the baby would look like the parent. But he also knew that if he had a daughter, with anyone, then there was a change she would have purple eyes because of the Hurley's. Kyne murmured, "Evie, you are the perfect mother." He thought that she was, and he smiled down at her once more, before he summoned a chair and sat down so that he could cradle the bundle of joy next to his friend. They were going to be friends, now, but there was still something about her that he wanted and wanted just for himself. He handed her the baby back into her arms using the utmost care. Kyne nodded at her request, and he said, "For you and Jayson, I will be there whenever you want me to." It was pretty much him saying that he would be there for her, from now, and whenever she wanted.
Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back