It Was A Night Out They Would Not Soon Forget

Elowen Rydderch

OOC First Name
Cole
</COLOR></FONT>
[adminapproval=# 11141811]​
<i>
</i><FONT font="monaco"><COLOR color="black">
Elowen Rydderch was one of the many people across the globe, who sat down every Friday and said "TGIF". The petite blonde often found herself wishing for more Fridays, and her other days were filled with studying. She knew that once she was a veterinarian as she was training to be, that she would be happy. She wouldn't be a person who hated 5/7 of her week. Elowen, with leather leggings and large heels, smiled knowing that this would be the start of a wonderful weekend. She was going to start it with her best friend, at a muggle pub in New Zealand, and Merlin only knew how it would actually go. To be honest the only thing that could make the weekend better was if her sister would say she was moving out. Since moving in together Elowen now understood her sister's full hatred for her. She was constantly being rude and often times, the arguments got so loud that they would have to put a silencing charm on their little apartment. If she got smashed tonight like she planned to do, the blonde wouldn't be able to go home. She supposed part of the anger was her sister worrying about her. After all, she did have a tendency to over do it on the weekends still. Even though the petite teen was meant to be in recovery from her condition, it was obvious that some habits died hard. The only change had been that rather than her outlet being junk, she switched candy for the carbs in alcohol. She was eating a little more normally now, at least, and her body was slowly becoming accustomed to a daily routine of intake. It was a long journey though and the Hogwarts graduate wondered if she would ever escape it and truly recover.

The thoughts of her illness melted away when the cool pub air hit her. She grinned at the sounds and smells of a familiar place. She could remember getting hassled at the door when she'd first turned old enough to drink, and Crimson coming as back up. She was constantly hassled by the door men to places she didn't frequent. Lucky for the blond, she knew the owner now and she and Crimson could get discounts if they were lucky. She searched for a moment, her heels helping her to see over the crowd of people standing around tables and drinking. She saw a familiar hand waving her over, and wasted no time making her way over. "Crimson!" She said with a giggle, moving to hug him. It had been about two weeks since last seeing her friend, and honestly she had been dying of boredom without a drinking buddy. She moved to sit by him, ordering herself a scotch on the rocks, with vodka shots. She often found herself starting with harder liquors and chasing them with even harder ones - only to calm down and have wine by the end of the night. "How've you been?" She asked, seeing his empty beer by him already. How he could stand beer she'd never understand.

With a glass of beer already downed in the short time he'd been there, Crimson continued to sit and wait for Elowen to arrive before ordering himself another. He didn't want to be too sloshed before she'd even had a chance to start and they had the whole night ahead of them. Instead, the ginger wizard drummed his fingertips against the empty beverage while he listened to a drunk and boisterous group of muggle men who had invited him to their table. The man at the head of the table, who's beefy arms, red flannel jacket and bushy beard had caused him to resemble a something of a lumberjack, gathered as many people who were willing to listen around so he could boast his story about how he once fought off a deadly grizzly bear during a hiking trip in North America, and had the scar to prove it. Crimson smirked, wishing he could simply roll up his trouser leg and show off the Graphorn scar that marked the back of his calf, where the creature had tried to run him through with its golden horns as he scrambled up a rock face for safety. He had been a much younger teenager, and it was the last time his father had taken him out in the field. But now, Crimson, like his best friend, was training in magizoology himself. Before too long he'd be fully qualified to follow in his father's footsteps. He had no doubts there'd be more injuries to come, but he definitely wasn't going to be as ill-prepared as he was. The beast had charged out of seemingly nowhere while the two were trekking through the mountains of Europe. Not even with the combination of stunning spells between them could they pierce its hide. After all, they were sometimes used as mounts by Trolls, they weren't easy to subdue. He was lucky he got away in one piece.

Keeping his mouth shut, but shaking his head at how pathetically tame muggle animals were in comparison to their magical cousins, he let Lumberjack continue his moment of glory.The boastful ramblings were tuned out and faded into the background as the red-haired wizard lost interest. He kept his eyes on the pubs entrance until a familiar face bobbed into view. There she was. Finally, he was dying for another drink. Crim got to his feet and pulled his chair back over to his original table, waving enthusiastically for Rydderch to come join him. He grinned as she approached and returned her hug, arms wrapped tightly around her. "Hey hey, Ellie!" He laughed and lifted her off her feet a few centimeters from the ground for a moment before setting her back down. They took their seats and he eagerly ordered another beer. "I've been goood. Not much has changed since we last caught up. Dad still thinks I'm not cut out for magizoology, yada yada yada. I swear he thinks I couldn't even handle a grindylow with how he talks. Please." He scoffed. Typical of old Jett. "You missed a great story from that scruffy dude over there too. Real legend he is. Fought off a wild grizzly bear with his bare hands and lived to tell the tale. Wow." He said with a small smile and roll of his eyes, gesturing with his thumb over at the table he had been sitting at before. He'd have liked to see Lumberjack go up against a Manticore.

Elowen giggled as she was lifted off her feet by the taller man. Even with heels on she was shorter than Crimson - though she was rather averaged height if she was honest. Crimson's nickname for the girl was the only nickname she ever hated, but she would allow it from the ginger in front of her. He was her best friend after all. They'd been through school together, and were both now magizoologist. While Elowen was attempting to further her career into the medical side of magi-zoology, she still had fun studying the same topics as the ginger. Not to mention she had even more fun coming out and drinking with him. She needed the break. Had he not contacted her telling her to get her arse out there, she would have stayed in all night studying. Maybe having a little snack food here and there. She only tended to eat at the end of a chapter though so that she could feel right about taking breaks from her studying. She was still a straight O apprentice after all. She couldn't help her love for studying and animals - and it over took much of her life.

She laughed a bit at the boy's story, retelling a bit of what the harry man in the corner was telling. "Grizzly bear? I helped birth a dragon the other day at my clinical research site." She accepted her drink from the bar tender, taking a shot of vodka first, and then a sip of the scotch. The warm sensation burned her throat, but the buzz would come on soon. Because of her petite size she often got his hard with Alcohol quickly. After drinking as much as she had since turning legal age, one would think that she'd be more tolerant to the harsh drinks. "You know, if we're being honest, your dad should really shove his opinions until he's even tried to handle a puffskein." She commented, laughing at her own joke, and taking another shot. There were only three set before her, but it would be enough with the scotch to get her started on a night out she hoped to remember - or not.

The redhead nodded his thanks as the bartender brought him back his order, a bit too eager to take the foaming mug off the man's hands. Being of legal age to drink - by wizarding standards at least - was something Crimson reveled in. Never a sober weekend since his seventeenth, unless his apprenticeship called for him to be. Thankfully his studies were generally only on weekdays. He took a gulp, the once bitter taste now something he quite enjoyed, before setting the glass mug back down on the table and listening to his companion. "You helped birth a dragon? Makes sense when you think about it. Their eggs need something hot touching them, right?" He responded with a sly wink and wide grin, which was soon obscured by the liquid gold of his beer as he took another drink.

At Elowen's comment about his father, Crimson smiled and shook his head. His old man could be a pain in the ass sometimes, but he knew he was just trying to protect him, even if he went about it the wrong way. Crimson was an adult now, he needed to make his own way through life. "I wish he would. He thinks he's doing the right thing but he needs to give me my space. I think he blames himself for the Graphorn incident, I know ma did." Lavender had grilled his father for ages about what had happened. She too was an avid lover of animals, just of the much smaller and cuter kind. The field was no place for a child, she said. Preferring Crimson help her tend to lost crups and stray kneazles. She was right at the time, but things were different now. "But I'm alive and in one piece, I don't see the fuss. Parents, right? Anyway, what's new with you?"

Elowen's deep orbs rolled back into her head slightly as Crimson made his little joke. "Actually, sort of, I helped light the fire around it. The mother had died after laying the eggs, and so we took it back to the center they have, the one in Egypt, via apparation. So we're there right and they set the eggs on coals, and are fanning this fire, and they just can't get the egg to hatch - and it's got a better chance of living if w hatch it now and care for it. So me and five of us stood around and lit the egg on fire..." She laughed slightly, making a motion like she was holding out her wand, and then stopped. "Sorry, i probably should have accepted the compliment, I just thought that it hatching under the fire of our wands was so amazing." She looked into Crimson's eyes for a moment. "Probably not as amazing as my best friend though..." Looking away innocently Elowen took a drink from her own glass, the scotch on the rocks now only "rocks". She got the bartender's attention again and ordered two more shots, why not make this a fun night after all?

She laughed at his mention of the Graphorn incident "Hey, he wasn't the only one who worried." She put a hand on his arm pouting a bit, though it was obviously a false pout. She didn't even know him when it happened. "You told me that story and all i could think is what would this world do without your dry sense of humor and attractive... face?" She laughed again, before dragging her hand off his arm and grabbing the shot the bar tender had set down. "Cheers to you being alive." She said before downing the first and second one. "Well, Siani is gonna be home from her breaks soon and, you know how that will go. Any time i have a guy over she'll throw a fit." Elowen rolled her eyes. Her sister worried too much about her. Elowen was nearly eighteen now, but her parents and siblings watched her like she was still fourteen. It was frustrating for her - she knew she was sick. She knew they worried, and honestly the woman would be happy if they'd just forget about it. "So tonight I want to drink so much I forget about that. Wanna help?" She asked, knowing he'd say yes.

Crimson watched intently as Elowen got into an animated state while she discussed how she and the other magizoologists had to work together and tend to a fire in order to try hatch a newborn dragon. He enjoyed seeing her talk about the things she was passionate about, how happy it made her. He could see her face light up, overcome with joy as she recounted the events, and in turn it made him feel warm. Or perhaps it was just the alcohol coursing through his body. He didn't know. Either way, he couldn't help but feel a little disappointed when she stopped. He had little experience when it came to dragons. He'd joined a few other wizards during his training to help subdue one of the creatures for transport, which had been a whole lot harder than he'd initially thought, even with the amount of them focused on the one dragon. When it came to birthing however, he had bare knowledge on what to do. The aspect didn't excite him as much either. Baby dragons were cute, but seeing one crawl out of an eggshell didn't get his heart racing. Perhaps it was a girl thing, with their maternal instincts. "Yer, I'd say not many beasts are as amazing as me. I'm quite the specimen." The youth replied in a slightly deepened voice, raising his arm to flex his muscles as his friend ordered more to drink. She was in no hurry to stay sober.

At Elowen's comment on the graphorn incident, Crimson laughed through his nose. "The world would be at a loss without this attractive..." He paused. "Face. Empires would fall, cities would crumble. The planet would be in anarchy. Fire might even flood the skies and rain flaming locusts on the earth. It would be the end of days." His voice was grave, as he pretended to seriously consider such an outcome were likely, before his expression shifted back to a giddy grin. He tapped the rim of his mug to her shot glass, dwarfing it in size, before taking a gulp. "Cheers." He beamed, wiping foam from his lips. He placed the empty glass down, eyes tracing back up to Rydderch's as she talked about Siani returning. "Your siblings can be a bit of a handful. I'm glad my sister is so young, I don't have to deal with her drama. Argumentative sisters, protective brothers. I can live happily without them. It's better living on your own." He mused with a shrug of his shoulders. He'd take his own place over a house full of family any day. Sliding his empty mug aside, he got ready to order another as Elowen asked to drink to forget. He was way ahead of her on that idea. "You bet. I want to wake up in a bathtub full of watermelons with no idea how I got there."

Some time later

Crimson stared furiously at the pavement in front of him, it's gray concrete separating into three ghostly copies. The world was spinning around him, and when he turned with it, he found his view replaced by a disapproving man pointing down the road and telling him to go home. "Hey, youh can't kick ush out. Hoo do youh fink-" The bar door slammed shut in front of him and he punched it a voice on the other end shouted out that the cops would be called. He stood wobbling on the spot for a minute, an empty glass still clutched in his fingertips, until his mind stopped doing circles enough for him to register what was said. He turned away, realising Elowen stood next to him. "Thish sucks. Now what?"

Elowen was beyond the pint of three sheets to the wind when she leaned over the counter and attempted to grab the tap. As funny as the young man behind the bar she'd been hitting on found it, the manager came around about the time she began spraying it into her mouth, and yanked the tap from her. In welsh the blonde woman shouted a string of insults, and was immediately grabbed by security along with Crimson. "You gusys dunt know fun if it hit ya in the..." She couldn't remember the next word, they'd already left anyway, and there Elowen and Crimson were in the dark. The blonde worked to button her shirt up the rest of the way, having unbuttoned it slightly during some point in the night - probably because the alcohol made her so hot. She turned to Crimson, his cheeks matching his name from the firewater they'd partaken in. She began to giggle, then laugh; and eventually she was nearly toppled over with laughter. She clutched her friends shoulder to help her stay standing.

"Oooh! Oh! Crimsoooooon!" She responded to his question of what they could do, though she was nearly laughing too hard to speak. Alcohol nearly always made her laugh, it made her feel light and happy. The world spun like a ballerina, and she swayed on her feet. "Shhh! Shush, I have a plan!" She spoke with giggles between her words, and then with a mischievous look on her face, she grabbed his hand and led him stumbling down the alley to a muggle store that was actually open at two in the morning. "W-ait here." She asked with a small laugh following as she disappeared into the store. Within five minutes she returned with a plastic bag. "You know what f*** the guys who kicked us out! Less getem." She then opened the bag to reveal a few cans of spray paint, for which she wanted to use on the building.

Crimson made a point to avert his eyes as Elowen started to re-button her shirt in front of him, not wanting to stare and look obvious doing so, but turned back when she started her giggle. He couldn't help it, he ended up chuckling too, joining her in a drunken fit of laughter. At the touch of her hand on his shoulder, an effort to steady herself, Crimson in turn placed his hand onto the column of a nearby streetlight to make sure he didn't collapse and send them both crashing to the ground. Even the slightest touch of her hand made his knees feel weak. If anyone were to use the jelly-legs jinx on him, he'd be more or less in the same state he already was.

"Yesss, Elowwwwen!" Came the young adults response to the call of his name, dragging his words out. His tongue felt numb in his mouth and he moved it about, trying to regain the feeling. It moved from cheek to cheek, left to right. He curled it back and turned it to its side, until he almost zoned out completely, fascinated in his drunken state by the inside of his mouth. He roused himself, barely, at the mention of a plan. "A plan?" He said, voice louder than he'd meant for it, just short of a shout. He smacked his hand to his lips and slowly wiped it down, making a shh sound between his teeth. With his free hand he let his friend drag him away, shiftily glancing down both sides of the street as they disappeared into an alley. He was surprised to see they'd approached a 24 hour store. As Elowen went to leave him, standing alone, he frowned. "O-okay. I'll...fight off the muggers with my fishtknuckles. Go team!" He punched the air as he reassured himself, letting her slip from him into the store. Alone and on the side of the road, he puffed out his chest and flexed an arm, thinking it was the best way to deter any would be mugger.

On Elowen's return, Crimson let out a breath he didn't realise he'd been holding, chest deflating on the exhale. He grinned at her, a dopey smile, and curiously peered inside the plastic bag she now carried with her. "Yesh! F**k them! Less do this. Get pumped! Lettem pay." He yelled, grabbing for one of the coloured cannisters. He beckoned for her to follow, legging it back down the alleyway from which they came. The top of the cannister was popped off as he ran, and his finger pressed down onto its trigger, spraying a long line of paint across the bricked wall and simultaneously trying to keep from falling over his own feet. Each step threatened to send him face first into the ground, but he was hooked on this idea. He was excited to defile so much of the bar with graffiti, he'd have to change his name to Banksy. "I wanna make a fire breafing puffshkeen. Wiv horns. And laserbeams. Can we?"

Elowen's slow, quiet giggles turned into a cackle to envy any cartoon witch that she'd seen portrayed as a child. The blonde spun in circles, her skirt making wide circles around her body, letting the pale skin of her thighs peak for a moment, before she stumbled against the wall. At first she wanted to apologize, but held her tongue as she realized it was the brick of the bar she was leaned against. She then slapped it sligthly, bringing her hand back and kissing it. "Owieee." She spoke in a childish voice, before reaching into the bag and pulling from it the spray paint. "Merlin! Yes, you are a geeeeenyush." She grinned before painting what she thought was a spot on puffskin, however the body shape was much longer than the average puffskin. She added the outline of fire that she thought looked the best coming from it's mouth, leaving the laser beams to Crimson to finish. She continued to giggle and the shush herself in hopes they wouldn't get caught - however, a night to remember would be nothing without the intervention of law enforcement.

A voice behind them made Elowen freeze and drop the can. Though her drunkenness did not dissipate completely, the poor woman felt the earlier giddiness leave her body as she attempted to straighten up and look sober. "This is vandalism." The man spoke to them with a deep tone, hands on his hips. Imediately Elowen burst into tears. Her mind was less than clear as it was, and she was more afraid of going to jail than she was of waking up with a hangover. She looked to Crimson, her ginger companion, hoping he may know better what to do, maybe he was sober enough to talk them out of being arrested for vandalizing this piece of garbage bar. However, looking to the man she felt that her hopes would be dashed, he'd drank more than she did this time around and his ability to remain sober after eight shots was not exactly super-human. In short, Elowen knew they were screwed.

Crimson stood back and watched as Elowen started on the body for their art piece. The puffskein's shape was not entirely accurate, especially for two people who were studying to be experts on all creatures magical, but to him it looked like the makings of a masterpiece. As the lady worked on the fire bursting forth from its mouth, Crimson worked on spraying the horns. Two of them twisted up; angry, red and curling toward the top of the building. With another can he added small jagged teeth to the puffskein monster's mouth. The lines were awful and hardly straight, and the proportions were all wrong, but through his drunk-o-vision it was beautiful. Finally, he added the last touches, spraying two bright red lines that emanated from the monstrous ball of fur's eyes.

"Now I wanna do a-" Sterling started to say, until another, much deeper and definitely more sober voice that couldn't have been Elowen's interrupted him. The wizard's grip tightened on the can he held and slowly he turned on the spot, biting the inside of his cheek to stop the vomit that was suddenly threatening to escape him. This was not how the night was supposed to go. Sometimes he forgot that muggles had their own law enforcement. Before Crimson could fully think of what was best to start, his inner dialogue starting with Good evening, officer, his companion burst into tears. The wizard reached out to put his free hand on her shoulder and try soothe her, wanting to let her know it was okay. The officer had done this. He'd made his friend cry. Frowning and not particularly thinking before he acted, Sterling took a single step forward and raised his can of paint. He let go a burst of colour, wet red liquid arcing toward the muggle man and coating his uniform. In moments, the situation looked more like a homicide than an arrest for vandalism.

Before he knew it, the can in Sterling's grip was missing and both hands were behind his back, cold metal biting into his wrists. He'd never been handcuffed before and the reality of it was starting to hit him. He shook his head in an attempt to clear it and tried to fix his gaze on Elowen's blurred outline. Was she handcuffed too? What was going to happen now?

Elowen's stomach churned like butter in an amish market, as she wiped at tears away form her face. The first thought Elowen had was that Crimson was much to pretty to go to jail - his pale skin, ginger locks, they'd beat him to a pulp within minutes. He may be good with magical creatures, but muggles were a whole other story, Ellie believed. Behind her the horribly drawn puffskein no longer mattered - though she wished it would come off the brick wall by some sort of magic and attacked the police man whom was misunderstanding the situation. She tried to explain through sobs that the bar tender was mean, but her words were much too garbled it seemed, and besides that, the officer was not in the mood to listen. Another cop came from the patrol car upon the sight of red spray paint aimed at his partner. Crimson, whom had been beside her was now on the ground and Elowen was crying harder now than before. "Let him go! Let him go!" She shrieked, it seemed to gain the attention of some passerby's, seeing the two young adults, flailing like fish whom were out of their tank.

The officers pushed her against the cold wall, and she began wailing much like a banshee, fearing for her life. In a more sober state, Elowen might know that she wasn't in any danger, but in her drunken stooper she was sure that these officers were going to kill them. Perhaps they were dark wizards pulling a rouse to get them alone and use the killing curse on them. She'd heard stories like that before she was sure. With not so gentle tugging and pushing, both she and Crimson were thrown into the back of the cop car, and she buried her face into his shoulder, sobbing about how they were going to die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back