It Sounded Like A Good Idea

Viviana Warrick

OOC First Name
Cole
Sexual Orientation
Yes
Viviana Nacht awoke on a faithful February morning with the best idea ever. Rummaging through her enchanted trunk brought her to the conclusion that she was going to be the first person she'd known to roller blade in Hogwarts walls. The young Hufflepuff couldn't help but think it was an amazing idea, what fun would it be to just blade around in the great hall, and in the paved parts of the courtyard. The Hufflepuff carried her blades, walking down from her dorm to the ground level, where it was safest for her to roller blade. Once down there she slipped them on and away she went.

It was much like a fawn trying to get its bearings at first. Her knees wobbled and she nearly fell and scraped her knees. Perhaps she should have worn pants, but the New Zealand weather was so warm she couldn't be bothered. Finally, after a few moments of wobbling by the wall she was able to skate past a few kids whom looked at her like she had sprouted a second head. Perhaps these were against the rules - or perhaps because her mother bought them at a muggle market they were unfamiliar. For around ten minutes though she moved back and fourth leisurely, stopping and talking now and then to some fellow puffs and a few other house members that she knew from Saveli or other friends. The brunette only really chose someone for conversation upon seeing a rather glum looking kid she didn't recognize well. In Viviana's mind she couldn't have someone being sad on such a beautiful day - and thus the brunette decided to skate over him.

As she neared him she felt something smack a wheel on her blades with a distinct ting noise, and she lost balance, toppling into the student she had been trying to go talk to. Where had that rock come from. Viviana tried to regain balance but she was using the person to hold her up, hands on his shoulders hoping he could stay standing as she spoke profuse apologies. Once finally back on her blades and upright she smiled. "You looked like you needed a friend." She spoke kindly.

Zach was not a loner, he was lively and social and he liked being around people. The problem was his social circle was so small, in fact to call it a circle was generous, his circle was Levy and when Levy was busy in her study coma he was often left to his own devices, at least on the few occasions he was able to wrestle away from the grip of his best friend. The Ravenclaw was between classes and decided to take a walk down to the entrance hall, he didn't actually want to go outside because the last he knew it was cold which was unusual for the time of year in New Zealand.

It was nice and quiet for a while then out of no where a girl who appeared to be on roller blades, of all things, tripped and fell forwards towards him. Zach held out his arms and caught her before she could fall. He stood up and held her in place, the girl had her arms on his shoulder and Zach smiled at her. "You sure you know how to use those things?" He asked trying to keep a straight face.

The hispanic woman laughed gently at what he asked and shook her head. "You know, I know my mother used to take me to a rink when I was super little - but apparently it is not as known as riding a bike!" She laughed at her own comments, and tried to straighten herself out a bit more, to stand on her wobbling legs. She felt like a fawn.

Viviana's brown orbs finally trained up into the boys blue ones. "Anyways, want me to keep you company? i mean, we don't have to stand like this the whole time! Unless you want!" She continued to laugh. She hoped she'd put a smile on the man's face.

The girl seemed like she able to shake off the potential embarrassment of her fall which was good, Zach wouldn't know what to girl if she got all nervous and shy because of it. He nodded as she mentioned that she skated before but clearly it wasn't like riding a bike. "Apparently not, then again remembering anything you could do when you were super little isn't exactly an easy thing to do," He smiled, no doubt there were tons of things he could do as a small child that he couldn't do anymore, it had been a good few years since he was what she called super little.

When the girl asked if he wanted her to keep her company he smiled at her and realised that his hands were currently on her waist. He was about to remove them when she said they didn't have to stay as they were but could if he wanted to. "Hey there are worse ways to spend my day than having my hands on a beautiful girls waist," He chuckled along with her, whatever she was doing seemed to be taking his mind off everything, off Levy, off Quidditch, off his exams. He was just laughing with a pretty girl. What could be better?

She nodded at what the boy said. "Well they always say you never forget how to ride a bike so I thought you know, a bike skates, same thing." Viviana had always been good at laughing at herself, and always was aware that becoming down on herself was only going to bring others down. The brunette woman had become the kind of person to care more for other's happiness than her own, and she didn't mind that as others around her always seemed to smile. Including this student, whom was now laughing with her.

Upon being referenced as beautiful, Viviana felt her cheeks heat to a crimson color - though through the natural tan of her skin it wasn't easy to spot. She looked away for a moment giggling. "Well then you can keep holding it!" Vivana told him. There was a sparkle of flirtatious attitude in the fifteen year old's voice. "Oh! I'm sorry, I'm Viviana. I'd shake your hand but I'm afraid I might fall over!" She laughed.

Zach nodded as she explained why she thought she should be able to to just pick up riding skates again. Her reasoning made sense but evidently the reality was different. "Yeah in theory there the same, its both about balance right? But in my experience they are very different, I mastered the bike, never could master the blades," Zach smiled at her, in truth he had only tried once to use skates and it hadn't gone well and although he technically could rise a bike he felt much more comfortable on a broom.

The girl seemed to look away from him when he called beautiful and she giggled, was she shy? Or just not used to such a compliment? That couldn't be it, Zach couldn't believe he was the first person to tell her how pretty she was. He grinned as she told him he could keep his hands where they were and there was something about the way she said it that he liked. It felt a little wrong to be flirting with someone, like somehow he was cheating on Levy, but the two of them were not a couple and that was becoming increasingly obvious. "Oh right I'm Zach, that's ok, to shake your hand I'd have to move it and I'd rather not, how about this," Zach leaned his forehead against Viviana's and moved his head up and down as if he was shaking her hand.

Vivana continued to smile, as she almost always did. "Maybe I could teach you!" She looked down at the man's feet though and back at hers. "But I don't think my skates would fit you." The petite Hufflepuff let out a small laugh, before nodding at his introduction, placing her forehead gently against his and 'shaking heads' as she now would refer to it. Vivana then spoke. "Nice to meet you Zach! I'm super sorry for meeting this way though! i just thought skating would be fun! Then i saw you and you looked a bit sad, and I thought hey! I could totally cheer him up! Did it work?" She asked, cocking a brown eyebrow.

Zach smiled when the girl offered to teach him how to ride roller skates. The problem however soon became obvious, his feet were bigger than hers so the skates wouldn't fit. So that scenario was out the window before it could really be considered. Yeah, I think my feet are a bit too big," He laughed. The girl was very lively and bouncy, she was certainly a good distraction from his girl problems. "Yes, actually you did cheer me up, but I wasn't sad, I don't get sad I'm far too cool to be sad don't you agree?" He asked with a broad smile. The girl cocked her eyebrow at him and he wondered if there was a little more to what she was saying.

She laughed in agreement. The effervescent brunette searched the halls for any other signs of people as he spoke - never one to leave someone out of a conversation if they were alone. "Everyone gets sad Zach!" She said with reassurance in her tone, adjusting the hands she had on his shoulder, her wheels sliding back and fourth slightly where she stood as her weight shifted. ""Even the skies must weep sometimes, or the roses would never bloom" - my mom always loved that quote!" Viviana then looked in the boys eyes for a moment. "So be honest, is there something on your mind?"

Zach looked at the girl with a quizzical look, was she looking around for other people to bring into the conversation? Was she that bored of him already, if so that was fast. "Maybe, but first they need something to be sad about. What do I have to be sad about? Girl troubles? That doesn't really count," He smiled. He was struggling to concentrate fully on what he was saying given that he was in such close proximity to the girl, and she was pretty, really pretty. "It's a nice quote, but like I said, there's nothing really, just girl stuff, and it's nothing major, she doesn't see me you know, He shrugged his shoulders.

Viviana gave a sympathetic look, her deep brown eyes reflecting that she felt for him - as she did for everyone. It broke her heart so often to see others being sad. She shook her head at what he said. "I understand, but if someone doesn't see what a wonderful, smart, sweet guy you are then perhaps you should move on. Not to say she's a bad person for not noticing..." Viviana worried her words were too harsh, but she did really believe that. After all, ignoring someone's affections was wrong. "And besides that, you may thing that everyone's got bigger fish to fry, but you should always think about your fish - and how fried they are." She made a face, realizing what she said might have been confusing. "That is to say your problems are your own - and just because someone has it worse or better doesn't mean you should feel like your problems are nothing. Do you need a hug, is there anything i can do to make these girl troubles disappear? Maybe we can take your mind off it!" She spoke excitedly, though she had no real suggestions.

Zach liked the girl, she was lively and eager to help him take his mind off everything which he found helpful but it was a little strange that she had sought him out to help him with his problems. Was that just something she did, jump in to help people who looked sad, did that mean he looked sad? Was it that obvious. Zach ran his hand through his hair and smiled at the girl, she seemed to be waffling on, something about fish? "Thanks but if I was all those things then she would have noticed surely? Then again she does always have her head in a book so why would she think of me as anything but a study buddy?" Zach paused. It felt strange to vent so much about Levy to a complete stranger, the more he talked it became clear that he doubted his own status as her best friend, was he that? Or was he just a sounding bored or worse someone to guard her books while she spent all day in the library. "Take my mind off it? Take my mind off it how exactly?" He asked, his curiosity peaked.

Vivana listened to him Vent, though as students walked past she wondered how weird it seemed. Just the two of them talking, her arms on him and his on her - truly just for balance though. After all she needed to get these things off her before she could stand on her own, rather than like a juvenile fawn. "So she studies a lot? Well maybe she just isn't ready to look for a guy! After all studies are very important to some people. Not that you aren't important to her - but sometimes people make one thing a priority over another without caring what the other thing feels. Not that your a thing. I mean technically, but you're a person." Viviana sighed and took a breath, trying to calm herself a bit. "What I mean to say is perhaps if you are not number one in her book - not saying that you aren't - maybe you should make her not number one in yours. Taking your mind off it could be as simple as finding a new friend to talk to. Or a girlfriend to see if what your feeling is just a crush or the real thing. Just let me know what I can do to help you, Zach!" Viv gave an earnest smile, head tilted to the left as she watched for what he would say.

Zach sighed, the girl made some good points. When she could get them out that is and they weren't hidden in the ramblings of a mad woman. It seemed every time she said something to make a point she would back track because it might of offended Zach, but Zach wasn't so easily offended, he knew exactly what she was getting at and she was making sense, mostly. "Yeah you're right, I'm not her main priority and I need to find a way so she's not mine, and I think you can help me," He smiled at her tilting his head at her. Despite their close proximity the thought hadn't really crossed his mind until just that second. "You can give me something else to thing about, or someone,"

Viviana was glad he didn't seem hurt by her speaking these words to him. She hated pointing things out that may be hurtful, but to her Zach had a strong spirit. He wasn't going to let this change him or make him sad - it was something she just felt about him. Almost like an aura. As he spoke her eyes lit up, face as joyful as the color that represented her house. However she became confused within an instance. "Like what? A class? I have books in my dorms, fairytails and history - especially books on runes." She laughed, obviously unaware of what he was getting at.

Zach raised his eyebrow at Viviana. He thought for sure she would understand what he was trying to say, it was obvious right? Maybe not, maybe once again he was in a situation where he thought he was being obvious but the other person was oblivious to his intentions. "Err, no, books are not what I had in mind," He sighed, for once in his life it looked like he would just have to throw caution to the wind and take what he wanted. If this worked, he may need to apply it to his other predicament. Since his hands were already in placed there wasn't much else to do but lean in and plant his lips onto hers.

Viviana's head was already cocked the opposite of Zach's, the boy she'd known for maybe half an hour at this point. She found her self more and more confused with each moment - and more than shocked when he leaned down and kissed her. Viviana hadn't exactly thought her first kiss would feel so odd - if she were honest she'd pictured her first kiss with Asa. However, he had made a point to say he needed a distraction - and Viviana could provide that if it meant a kiss right. And so after a frozen moment of thought, she let her doe eyes flutter shut and returned the kiss in the most innocent way she could - gently and apprehensively.

Zach wasn't sure what to expect when he kissed Viviana but for some reason he wasn't expecting her to return the kiss so timidly and gently. He pulled away after a little while and looked into the girls doe eyes. "Sorry, I assumed we were on the same page with that, sorry if I was wrong," He muttered. Viviana had been kind to him at a moment when he didn't even know he needed that kindness and he hoped that he hadn't jeopardised any kind of friendship they might of had by crossing the line. "Are you ok?" He asked the girl wondering what she was thinking following that kiss.

There was a small span of a few seconds between the beginning and the end of the kiss, and Viviana was obviously more confused after than she was before. However when he began speaking she swallowed the saliva built up in the base of her mouth and spoke. "No, no it's okay I was just. No I'm sorry, I should have understood." She let out a nervous laugh and took a small breath. "I've just never kissed anyone and I mean I'm glad you are finding something to take your mind off the problems. I uhm. Shoot I'm so sorry I seem to have forgotten what to say. Actually i don't know what to say." Viv looked hopeless as she struggled for words before saying. "It was a nice first kiss." The finalized comment was offered with an apologetic shrug, and a sympathetic look because she was so unsure.

Zach was mortified. That was her first kiss? The kiss he had just planted on her without so much as a warning or signal to do so. Had he stolen her first kiss? Was he that guy? Viv, I'm so sorry, I didn't know that was your first otherwise I wouldn't have just, you know, just done it," Zach felt awful. She might have been waiting for the right person before she had her first kiss, or perhaps she even had someone in mind, either way he would bet she hadn't planned on having her first kiss with a stranger she had just approached to cheer up. "I really am sorry, but I'm glad it wasn't awful,"

Oh Merlin, she'd made him feel bad by telling him. Stupid; it was stupid to say something. Viviana panicked inwardly, struggling with her mind on what to do. The last word had barely left his mouth before she moved her hands quickly to grab his face and kiss him again, quickly. She then pulled back. "There, no feeling guilty. I stole a kiss now too. I hope that was - ah!" As she released his face in the commotion she felt her skates slip from beneath her and down she went, landing with a thwack on her rump and closing her eyes in mortification and pain. "I'm so sorry. I am so sorry." She apologized to him twice, brown orbs still shut tight in pain and a sense of insecurity. She'd just made the whole situation ridiculous and she knew it. What a thing to do - he was seeking comfort and she probably made him feel ten times worse.

The girl clearly didn't like Zach getting worked up at stealing her first kiss because before he knew it she had grabbed his face and pulled him into another kiss. It was quick and soft and when she pulled back she said she had stolen one too, it wasn't the same thing but she seemed happy enough with what had happened so why should he question her? He sighed and smiled at her but within seconds the skates on her feet moved just enough for her to lose her balance and fall to the floor. Zach reacted quickly and dropped to the floor to scoop her up in his arms. Unfortunately he wasn't able to do it until she had already hit the floor. "Are you ok," He asked, holding her as closely as he could.

Viviana felt the warmth of Zach's arms around her, and her tanned skin was immediately kissed with a peach color as she blushed rather harshly. Then within an instant she was giggling about the fall, about the situation, about everything. Sure it has stung, her pride more than anything, but that would heal. "I'm good, I promise." She reassured him once the giggles subsided. "So Uhm, did you forget about your girl troubles?" She then covered her mouth before uncovering it bashfully. "I guess if you did you remember now... Sorry."

Zach had to admit that he liked having Viviana in his arms, she was petite so she was easy too hold. She reassured him that she was ok and he took breath, relieved that she hadn't hurt herself on her way down. The first thing he noticed was the rather strong blush on her cheeks. Once she regained composure she asked him if he had forgotten about his girl problems. "Well yeah I had, until you mentioned it again," He smiled at her. "But do you know what, I think I have an idea how you can take my mind off it, again," He grinned at her before leaning into her and kissing her again.

The Spanish woman laughed a bit more but before she could verbally answer Zach was kissing her again. Had Viviana planned her day to end with her being hugged and kiss by a Ravenclaw she barely knew - of course not. However she couldn't complain. Maybe her first kiss wasn't Asa, but this made him feel better - and thus her chest fluttered making her happy. Sometimes it paid, in Viv's mind, to be as kind and helpful as she was to everyone, and just because she was leaving school for the summer didn't mean that was going to change.

FIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back