It Finally Came.

Hollie nodded with agreement. "Yeah, I s'pose," she said, thoughtfully. "When did you begin to express magical talent? Like everyone does, even I did!" She smiled at the memory of the shock on her sister's face. Her expression must have mirrored it, at the time. But it all made sense now. "Apparently most people are around 7."

Taylor thought about it. "I think i was about 7 yeah." She agreed. She couldnt remember the exact time, it just kind of happened. "When did you? Was your family shocked?" She laughed. She hadnt asked anyone how their family reacted to them doing strange things.

Hollie laughed. "Shocked? They were horrified... until they realised I wasn't mentally deranged." She smiled. "It was weird stuff, for me. I mean, the one I can remember most was when my sister was bullying me real bad in the school playground and I was so humiliated and angry that a branch of the tree behind her reached out and grabbed her. It was scary, I didn't think it was me at first." She grinned. "And there are others too, of course. What happened for you?"

Taylor laughed with Hollie. "Thats always a good thing to know your not mentally deranged." She said with a chuckle. "I remember there was a kid making fun of me when i was younger and she had a pie in her hand, she went to throw it at me, but it spun and hit her in the face. She was so freaked out she ran off crying." Taylor sniggered. Remembering the girls face.

Taylor joined Hollies laugh. "It was pretty funny." She chuckled lightly as her laughing died down. Thinking back on it, it was hilarious. "Lets just say, she didnt mess with me again." She shook her head with a small smile. She kind of missed her muggle school, but Hogwarts was so much better.

Hollie frowned. "So, she must have been a muggle then, to be so surprised. How did you know her?" A thought suddenly occured to Hollie. "You went to a muggle school?" she whispered, with amazement. She didn't know younger witches and wizards attended muggle school.

"Yeah she was a muggle. I knew her through my school, she picked on me constantly because i didnt have too many friends in that school." She said sadly, but she was so greatful she had all the people she did now. It didnt matter what the past held. "But thats over now, yeah muggle school wasnt great. The special wizard schools they have were all too far away for my family to let me attend one, Mum didnt want me to leave them and stay at the school while i was so young." Taylor said recalling her past. "How about you? Ive been rambling about myself." She chuckled. "How was your life? Anything specific that happened?" She said genuinly interested.

Hollie listened in awe as Taylor confirmed what she'd asked. She had truly never considered what younger witches and wizards did to get a basic education. She blushed when Taylor handed the talking over to her; she didn't quite know what to say.
"Urm... well, nothing much really. My mum and dad just got a divorce..." she began, wondering where this was gonna take them. She didn't feel ready to talk about Lillie and lauren and all that - it was too messed up in her mind still and she didn't want to bring it out in the open. "And I have six siblings... I guess that's pretty big," she said, shrugging. "I s'pose my life's been rather normal on average, nothing too different." She smiled. Except for everything that happened with Lillie, and when you were seven... her conscience nagged.

Taylor nodded as Hollie told Taylor a little about her life. "Im sorry about your parents, mine are divorced too so i know how you feel." She said gently, understanding completely how hard it was for her and she was only 6 at the time, so she didnt understand everything. "Six siblings?" Taylor asked, quite shocked. Taylor wouldnt know how to survive with six siblings, the two she had were bad enough. "So where are you in all that. Oldest, youngest?" She asked, with interest. "Do you like having so many people in your family?" Taylor had always had a reletively small family, so a big family wasnt something she had ever imagined, or wanted really. Taylor was happy with what she had.

Hollie smiled. "Yeah, it's rather shocking, really. Urm... 3rd eldest. I have an older brother, then an older sister, then me. And four younger ones too." She hesitated, thinking. "Not really, but two of my sisters went to live with my mum so we're down to five in the same house now, and when I'm here it's four, and when my brother's at univeristy it's three, plus dad. So it's all good, really." She smiled. "How many are in your family?"

Taylor absorbed as much information about Hollie family as she could, but found it was rather confusing. She smiled when Hollie was finished speaking. "Wow." She chuckled. "I have one younger sister then another younger half sister, but we never really consider her anything other than a full sister. She's just born to my Mums new husband." She smiled, she missed her family.

[sorry i've not been on in a while]

Holllie listened to Taylor and tried to let it sink in so she wouldn't forget. 1 younger sister, younger half sister. Got it.
"Cool," she said, when she thought she could remember it all. "So how old are they? And how long's your mum be remarried?"

"Well my sister Jesse is eight and my half sister is only one." Taylor said. "My Mum and Step-dad havnt been together very long, only about 2 or 3 years. I dont pay attention." Taylor waved her hand with a smile. None of it mattered as long as her Mum was happy. "Have you told me where you live? I cant remember." Taylor furrowed her brow. She could remember peoples names easily, but often had trouble memorising things about them.

Taylor grinned when she heard where Hollie lived. "I was born in England, but i now live in Australia, swapping between Mum and Dad, its not that bad. I see them both equally." She said thinking about her parents.

Hollie smiled. "Australia... wow! How old were you when you were there? Do both your parents live there - near each other? How long do ya spend with one until swapping? Does your dad have another partner?" she hoped Taylor wouldn't mind the flow of questions she was being bombarded with.

Taylor chuckled at all the questions, but answered all the same. "I was six i think." She truthfully wasnt sure, but that was when her parents broke up so she assumed that was when she moved. "Yes they both live there, i spend about a week at the most with each before going back, it changes really, but i never go longer than a week without seeing the other. My Dad doesnt know, he did, but they broke up not long ago." She laughed lightly.

Hollie listened, relieved she hadn't asked anything to personal - hopefully.
"Wow," she said, deep in thought. Would this be the kind of arrangement her mum would want from now on? I'll spend a bit of time with her, but no way am I seeing him, she thought, aggresively, thinking of [i=Henry[/i]. Urgh, he annoyed her.
"So does your sister do the same?" she asked, absent-mindedly, running out of questions.

"Yeah." Taylor said absently, with a yawn. She felt like reading and had some homework to do, so maybe she should head on up to the common room. "It was great talking to you." She said with a big smile meaning every word. She hadnt felt so relaxed in a while. Spilling everything felt good. "I might get some homework done, we should catch up again soon." She said, standing up from the table. "Thanks for the chat, talk later." She waved goodbye and made her way to the common room.

Hollie smiled. "You to," she said, " we should do it again sometime." And she meant that. Taylor was a decent first year, someone who was willing to both talk and listen, and for that, Hollie respected and liked her. Something about the first year made their friendship appealing.
"I should get some homework done too," she said, standing up with Taylor. Following at a slower pace, deep in thought, Hollie made her way to the warmth of Gryffindor common room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back