It Finally Came.

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Taylor walked back to her own table after talking to her cousin at the Ravenclaw one. Plunking herself down she grabbed a bit of toast. She heard a few owls come into the hall, but didnt bother to look up. About to reach for some honey to put on her toast, a letter dropped itself down in front of her.
Dear Tay,
Glad to hear your schooling is going well, dont worry things will get interesting for you really soon. Your going to love it there, i know me and your Dad did. Things are fine over here, dont worry about us.
We love you lots and miss you.
Mum & Dad.

So they had wrote the letter together. Taylor thought. Theres a shock. Shrugging she placed the letter inside her robes, intending on answering it later. For now, she settled into her toast, thinking it might be nice to have some company.

Taylor looked up to the voice, noticing a girl she had said happy birthday to once back in the common room. "Hey, no not at all." She smlied happy that she had some company. "Im Taylor, Taylor Mercer." She nodded with a smile before taking a bite out of her toast.

Taylor nodded, as she had a mouthful of toast. She quickly swallowed, making a gesture with her hand as she did so. "Yeah." She let out a light laugh, "Sorry." She smiled.

"What year are you in?" She asked curiosly. The girl didnt look much older than herself, but Taylor thought she would know if she was in Taylors year.

Taylor smiled. "Yeah, i remember it was your birthday in the common room." She said somewhat awkwardly. "My birthdays in December." She let a little laugh escape, for no a particular reason.

"Yeah, the 9th." She smiled. She was excited for her birthday. She would be 12 and that was one year closer to being a teen. She tried to think of something else to say to the girl, but was out of conversation. "Umm." She was really stumped, although she didnt want to stop talking because this girl seemed nice.

Hollie smiled at Taylor's excitement, remembering how ecstatic she'd been in the days before her birthday.
"You know, my birthday's the 9th of september," she said. Then she wondered how the heck that was relevant, and how she'd found a link. Wow, the random things that came out of her mouth.

Hollie understood completely how Taylor felt when the conversation seemed to crumble away. How many times had she been utterly stumped as to what to say next?

"So urm... what's your blood status? Not that it matters, of course, but it probably affects the reaction of your parents when you got your letter? I'm muggleborn, and my dad was astonished." She laughed, remembering how her dad had stood there with his mouth open as she'd read out the letter.

Taylor smiled yet again and took a bite out of her neglected toast. "Im a half blood, well its more like 3 quarters. I knew i was a witch from the moment i was born. Well i obviously didnt know then, but ive been raised to know." She said awkwardly, stumbling through her sentence.

"Was it hard for your family finding out you were a witch?" She had spoken to a few muggle borns and she liked to know the reaction, because it was something different to what she had grown up with.

His cloak swooped across the floor like a cobra slithering along rugged surface, and Henric Lee's proud head was positioned upright. He drew not unkind - rather unpleasant stares from the Gryffindor first year area of the table as he passed, mainly because of his subtle infamy. Arrogant eyes cast themselves lazily around the table and out towards the other three tables, and he finally admitted to the fact he was lost. Now why was he lost? Where was the Hufflepuff table then? Well it's yellow isn't it you idiot? Henric Lee trudged off, muttering under his breath the effects of something and somewhat being both stupid and troublesome. Then he halted in front of two girls - Taylor and Hollie - And affixed a pleasant smile upon his face in all it's artificial glory. "How are we today?" His Slytherin crest was painfully obvious to him being in the wrong place. "Would anyone happen to know where the Hufflepuff table was?"

His tone of voice made it sound like he was keen on bombing them.

Taylor snapped up to a boy. All she knew was that his last name was Lee, she rather couldnt remember his first name, or he didnt tell her. Either way he was asking how she was and where the Hufflepuff Table was. Taking a gentle sip out of her glass of water she raised an eyebrow.

"Im good." She said indifferently. "Why are you looking for the Hufflepuff table?" She questioned.

"Ah. Miss Taylor Mercer." Henric quipped smoothly, brushing his overlength dark hair out of his eyes. He cast his lazy orbs past the tables again, where a faint outline of white could be spotted bobbing up and down. He frowned, because that white spot had vanished in the crowd of people again. Turning to her, his frown immediately broke into a charming smile of facades as he said quite honestly, "My mistress is there. I'm afraid it's a duty of mine to be near her or keep an eye on her at all times..."

Taylor raised her questioning eyebrow higher. "Your Mistress, Lee?" She decided she may as well throw in his last name, to show him she remembered names also. What was he talking about anyway?

His eyes flashed as the word 'mistress' popped up from her mouth, he turned to her with another smile - this time, a smile with genuine sorrow embedded upon it, not before he softly commented, "I am but a butler to the core, Taylor." And his smile dissolved into one of his facade of grins, as he scratched the side of his head absently as if nothing had happened. "Where is it, then? Can't find it at all."

Taylor shook her head. The boy made no sense at all. "What is your first name? Im afraid you only told me your last name in the Owlery the last time we met." She said peircing him with a look. "ll point you to the Hufflepuff table when you tell me." She leant on the table with folded arms.

"I'll wander there myself... somehow." Henric muttered, more to himself than to her. "Oh, sorry -? My name?" He asked gently, lost in his thoughts as he replied, "Henric. Henric Lee." Then he spun on his heel, "I'll see you around." Was all he said as he skulked off towards the Hufflepuff table, trying to navigate past the crowd.

"Henric." She tried out the name, but when she looked up he was gone. Taylor looked back at Hollie, with a confused look on her face.

Hollie smiled at Taylor.
"3 quarter blood? How does that work? Pure blood parent and half-blood parent? I'm intrigued." She'd never heard of the situation before.

"Urm.. well they took it ok. They were all rather shocked, but once the truth settled in... my dad dropped a plate at first and my sister wouldn't speak to me for a week, probably because she thought i was being targeted with tricks. Or because I'm a freak" Hollie laughed. She couldn't blame Madi, seven years old at the time, for being freaked out that her sister was a witch. After all, it had been Hollie who had always stressed the evil in halloween, and Madi who had followed her train of thoughts. It must have been pretty scary.

The next few events Hollie watched in a daze. She seemed unable to speak as the arrogant first year made his way silkily towards them. She shuddered. He seemed a nasty piece of work.
"What was that about?" she muttered, turning to Taylor when 'Henric' had disappeared.

"Yeah, my Dads a pureblood and my Mum is half blood." She smiled. She listened intently as Hollie told her story. It must have been strange. Taylor couldnt imagine finding out one day that she was a witch. It was as simple as knowing she was human to Taylor. "Wow." Was all she could manage to say about Hollies story.

Taylor shook her head. "Some guy i met in the Owlery. I really dont get him at all. He's strange." She scrunched up her brow a little, but soon released it and shrugged it off.

Hollie shuddered.
"Yeh, creepy," she said. "I wonder how he knew my name though?" The thought puzzled her, and if anything, spooked her.
"So what was it like finding out you were a witch? I mean, it must have been pretty normal, but did you feel like relieved? Or what?" she was interested to know how people responded to a hogwarts letter after growing up surrounded by magic. It must be like getting a scholarship to a posh school... relief but not shock.

"That is slightly creepy." She glanced back to the place Henric had previously been. She then looked back at Hollie and listened as she asked Taylor a question. "Well, there wasnt really any shock to me, or even any finding out i was a witch. I was raised knowing. It was as normal to me as being human." She shrugged, knowing Hollie would probably find this weird, but that was what it was like for Taylor.

Hollie listened in awe as Taylor shrugged off her letter.
"Wow," she said, quietly. "Like 2nd nature... wow." She couldn't imagine how something that big would be normal - but then again, it was completely out of the ordinary for her. For people who had grown up with witches and wizards in their every-day lives, it must be completely normal.
"But surely the existance of squibs made you relieved when you got your letter? I mean, surely there was some sort of assurance when you found out, the confirmation? And if not, you must have been soooo excited about coming to Hogwarts!"

"Yeah your right." She nodded. "I had a magical abilities, because my parents taught me a few bits and peices of magic, but there was always the question of whether i might not get into Hogwarts." She said, thinking about the slight worry she felt, although it was never a large worry. "But because both my parents went to Hogwarts, i pretty much had a place anyway." She shrugged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back