OOC First Name
Madz
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Chayton's ❤
The night after finding about Jackson death, Madlyn was left with unanswered questions. Professor Blaze, like most adults kept the truth away from her and it was frustrating to the max that someone would keep such information away from her and Briar. She wrote to her mom, who she assume already knew what happen, she replied back with a brief letter, and like Blaze, Iris kept the truth hidden from Madlyn. She was force to accept her father's death with zero explanation, but like the lion she was at heart, Madlyn did not surrender to the stain truth. She awoke the next morning with idea plotted in mind. She didn't tell Briar, figure she be to busy with perfect duties.
---------She skip breakfast and told Makaylah if anyone was looking for she be collecting her father's item. With a covered cleared, Madlyn exit out into the grounds with her wand in hand. She was super cautious about everything, death to her was no longer a matter she could avoid. If Jackson could die, it meant she could die too. She sauntered towards the forest edges, her pulse beated rapidly in her ear, it sounded like warning drums back in North Dakota. As if the drumming in her ear was telling her to stop, she didn't listen. She move forward, her wand will protect her. She done well in charm class and did excellent at defending herself in DADA. If she didn't go on now, the trail to her father death will be gone by the time she return to Hogwarts. Taking necessary action on her own, meant extreme measure and suffer the cost later.

Aspen hadn't been in New Zealand long. it had taken her a while to get across from europe. eventually she had reached the school where she thought that her sister attended. she had been happy to find out that there was a local heard, however after hearing that she had been cast out of her own herd they were reluctant to let her stay. instead they had negotiated the conditions of her stay. she could stay in the forest as long as she didn't go on their land, instead she got the edges of the forest, and the dark half occupied by the acromantula. she didn't mind the deal, she liked meeting human children, the reason for her exile.
this particular morning she was looking for food on the trees, she was planing on hunting later so she had her bow slung across her back and arrows in a holster around her waist. she was just reaching some rather juicy looking fruit when she saw something moving into the forest. her first thought was that it was a student, however as she got closer she realised that she was far too tall to be a two hoof. she followed the girl for a bit slowly getting closer her curiosity getting the better of her. the girl was about the same height as herself. however she was holding a wand and looked too young to be a teacher. the young centaur decided that she should show herself to the girl. "hello there. are you okay, you seem a little... worried" she said pausing before saying the last word still not sure if it was the right word but it was the best she could come up with in her slightly limited english.

Madlyn heard the faint galloping of hooves, she stop to listen, her entire attention sprinted across the large macrocapra trees ahead. Shaking wand grip tight between her palm and fingers, she had never felt this nervous before. She heard the snapping of twigs and it came from a whole new direction. In the distant descended something as tall as she was, was a female centaur. she would consider the fact she may have been watching her for a while, since she noticed the worry look in her face. Madlyn felt no threat from the female centaur and lower her coconut wand. "I'm fine" she lied, but the sigh of relief escape her pale lips. "I just need to look for something, something very important" she pushed at her sleeves and flicked away her darkly long hair away from eyes. Beads of sweat threaten her forehead, it was depressing , her behavior as of late wasn't the usual Madlyn. But how could she act normal, when she lost her father in unknown way.
-----------She slip away from the female half breed, by no meanings to be rude, but the trail of her father death was still hot. She gave her wand a flick and all the trees branches that were in the way were now spread to the side so she could go further into the forest. She wonder if the centaur would follow, curious creature are they? She remember her dad always telling about them and how they all lived up in Europe mostly and avoided America due to the muggel society there. She look back at the female, maybe she could help? Maybe she had the answers?

Aspen saw that the girl jump by her appearance. she hadn't meant to startle her, but she guessed that it wasn't everyday that you would met a centaur. although the girl said that she was fine she could tell that she was nervous about something. "Maybe i could give you a hand to look, if it is in the forrest. you see i am looking for something too, but i cant leave the forest to find them, so maybe you could let me know if i am in the right place" she said following the girl even though she walked away, she wanted the company, and she thought that she may be able to give the girl a hand, she hadn't been in this forest long, but she knew it well enough to be able to spot if there was something majorly wrong. "I'm Aspen" she said introducing herself, and offering her hand in a way that she had seen many two-hoofs do, she had always been interested in two-hoofs and would just watch them if she had the chance, and if they were foals she would talk to them.

Madlyn turn on her steps, the female centaur was the weirdest creature she meant by far. Hand shaking and polite manner, she could pass as a human if her other half wasn't so obvious. "I'm Madlyn" she shook her hand, hasty, she step back . "I don't think you can help me at all? I mean, what is it that your looking for?" she pocket her wand, it looks like she would be delaying her search. She had all afternoon, till evening to look for him. She had days, a few or less, but she had them, and somewhere out there she would find answer. It was all in the matter of losing hope, and Jackson taught never to lose hope. She wrap both arms and rested them on her chest, she flaunted sign of impatient, she pray not to regret her decision to help her.

Aspen was a little disappointed that the girl didn't need her help. "Nice to meet you Madlyn, well you had better watch out, there was some pretty dreadful stuff happening near here a couple of nights ago" she said deciding to stay with the girl anyway as she didn't want her to get hurt. When Madlyn asked her what she was looking for she bowed her head, she didn't know if this girl could be trusted but she hadn't had any better leads, apparently students weren't allowed in the forrest. "I am actually looking for my sister. I think she goes to the school. she is called Rowan, Briar Rowan, do you know her?" she said hopeing that the girl knew of her sister, and that she was in the right place.

"Hold on you was here the other night?" she jump at the chance of a lead. "What happen, because I really need to know" her heart was beating like a metronome. "Briar...is your sister? Briar is a human, how could she be your--" obsessed with her father's death, she regarded some memories in the spare of the moment. She remembered asking all these personal questions and Briar telling her about her childhood. "Yes I know, my family sort of adopted her last year" she explain.

"well i don't really have much else to be, I cant leave the forrest." she said glad that she could be some use. "I don't know what happened, I was too far away to see anything, and i cant get too near the local heard, but there was a big commotion in that direction" she said pointing though the trees "but watch out the local clan seems pretty fired up" she warned. when the girl said that she knew Briar she chuckled "well if you follow human family names she would be more of a step cousin, but in the herd she was a sister" she said. when she stated the obvious she laughed. "yep, the only two-hoof to run with centaurs i bet. she was couple of years older than be but from what i know my aunt took her in when she was a baby, and she was brought up as one of us." she said. She didn't feel guilty about spilling her families stories to a human, if that is what this girl was she was very tall, as he need to find her sister was more important to her, besides she didn't say which herd she was from, or even where she was from.

Not exactly what she wanted to hear but it was something, from what it looks like the centaurs were involved that night her father died. She wonder what cause them to be fired up and why, this information was frustrating. For now she kept in the back burner in her thoughts, Briar became the topic between her and Aspen. "I never knew as much, she told me a bit of her childhood but not as much" she thought it be rude to keep asking. Madlyn would wonder about her real parents and not the centaurs that raised her. Her mom, more than her dead: How could they get rid of Briar so easily? A question she would always found difficult to wonder about, cause as far as it goes with Briar, she neglect to think much of them. "So your looking for her? As in wanting to speak too her?" she stop from climbing the dirt path she was heading into. Madlyn wanted to go back searching for clues, but if that's what she was requesting, she be least hasty to go fetch Briar. If it was Madlyn's family, she sure Briar would do the same too.

Aspen was a little surprised that this girl who seemed to know her sister quite well didn't know much about her past. she was sort of impressed with her fiery sister for keeping her promise to the herd. "she made a promise not to tell of her childhood before she left for school, and she seems to have kept it" she said, prancing around excitedly at the news of her sisters finding. "I would love to see her again, but no i know she is here i can wait a little longer, unless you want to get her. what was it that you were looking for?" she asked starting to walk in the direction of the commotion a few evenings prior.

"No it's okay I can go and find her" she went back retracing her steps. Before she exited completely out of the forest, she turn around to Aspen. "My father was killed and I don't know how it happen, all I know it happen here a few nights back" distress and mortified, Madlyn remain to be calm. She hadn't cry since this morning, it's the longest she went out shedding a tear, but she could feel the mist stirring up her eyes again, she turn to avoid Aspen's stares. "I'll go find her, she shouldn't be far" she left the forest, fleeing back to the school. If you never seen a part giant moved fast than you never saw Madlyn run before. She use to skate when she was younger, so running felt the same.
----------Although she hadn't done in a while, it was no surprise she was dizzy and out of breath. When she enter the common room, she had almost passed out on the couch. If it weren't for the younger lioness sitting there studying, she might as well. She bend over panting, one of the yoinger student saw Madlyn and ask her what was wrong. "Do me a favor can you please summon Briar for me?" she asked, she nodded and climb the stairs of the common room. Madlyn waited by the steps, her breathing slowed down and she was calm again.

Briar was in her dormitory packing her bags, she wasn't planing on staying at school much longer than necessary. she had decided to spend the holidays on her own somewhere, and she wanted to travel as lightly as she could, leaving as much at school as she could. however her sorting was interrupted when a first year knocked on the dorm door "come in" she called. when the girl entered and told the message. she thanked the girl and left her things exactly where they were. grabbing only her wand she headed down to the common room. if her sister needed her that would take priority over anything.
she saw Madlyn was waiting for her and she seemed out of breath. "Madlyn, whats the matter" she said, saying what she would usually say in that situation as she was unsure on what to say with regards to Professor Margeras death.
OOCOut of Character:
feel free to godmod them heading back to the forrest, I am about to go to bed so i will reply in the morning.

"Come on there's someone who wants to see you" she grab her arm and tore her away from the common room. She didn't say much, as she was serious the whole time. Playing messenger while she was busy figuring out her father's death stain her mood. She rush Briar out of the castle and in time reaching her destination she had her wand out again. "She here somewhere" passing the forest outskirts, she called out to the female centaur "Aspen, she's here."

Briar was surprised when Madlyn grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the common room. she seemed pretty worked up about something. she thought about who could want to see her. maybe a councillor, a professor, or someone from the ministry. however once they left the castle she realised that none of the above were right. heading towards the forest having to maintain a jog to keep up with her friends large strides she was baffled. this surly had something to do with Madlyn trying to find her farther, but who was there was beyond her. "who's here somewhere?" she asked however her question was answered when Madlyn called out a name that she hadn't heard for years. it must have been a coincidence, but something told her it wasn't. and sure enough as soon as they entered the forrest she heard hoof beats and saw a familiar face. "Madlyn how the hell did you know?" she asked before slipping out of the giants grip and running over to her sister. "sister, why are you here? is everything okay back at home? Its so good to see you" she babbled in herd, the language of her forest home. she then felt guilty for leaving Madlyn out after all that she had been through over the last few days. "sorry, i guess that you have both already met, but Madlyn this is my sister Aspen. Aspen, this is my sister madlyn" she said realising that it sounded a little odd, as far as she knew she was 100% human however she was introducing both a centaur and a half giant as her sisters.

Aspen was sort of glad to see the girl rush off to the castle to find her sister. she watched at the girl ran up the hill, she was surprised at how fast she moved. staying as close to the edge of the trees as she dared she waited for the girls to return leisurely collecting a few fruit as she waited. after a few minutes that felt like ages she saw the girl coming out of the castle another in tow. she could tell from the colour of the hair that it was her sister, however even from a different she looked different. almost six years away from the herd and she looked a lot more human than she had ever done before. she followed the tree line to where they had entered hearing the tall girl call her name. she ran towards her sister hearing her speak in home language. "sister, finally i found you, everyone at home is good, or they were when i left. I am here as i got kicked out for the same reason you did, being too close to wizards, and here was the first place i could think of to go." she said answering all of the questions briefly. she would spend more time talking to her sister and catching up but now wasn't the time, they had to help Madlyn with her search. "well any sister of Rowans is a sister of mine, so lets try and find your farther" she said. slowly starting to head towards where she had heard the commotion a few nights prior.

Madlyn smile briefly, the warmness was short lived. She wish she could smile forever and forget the pain of her father's death. But as she was reminded by Aspen, the blow came back to her even harder than the first time she found out. She look away from Briar and Aspen, moving on forward to macrocapra trees surroundings once more. "What exactly did you see Aspen, what did you hear?" her wand pushed away branches in their way, soon after she had to move a boulder for Briar and Aspen to go through. "Was there screams?" fresh sweat build at the bridge of her forehead. "I mean, did you hear a struggle?" she was starting to not make sense now, throwing a question randomly.

briar's reunion with hr sister was short lived as aspen said that they should go and find Madlyns farther. "you know what happened to Professor Margera the other night?" she asked following the others through the trees. standing next to her sisters she realised what Madlyn felt like most of the time but in reverse, she herself was an average sized girl, not particularly tall or short, but here both of the others were a good foot and a half taller than her, and the funny thing was that she was the oldest. when Madlyn started firing out questions she waited to see what the answers were, the news hadn't sunk in yet for her, but she was sure that it would soon.

Aspen heard Madlyn ask a pile of questions. "I didn't see much i'm afraid, I had been told that i could only stay in the forest if i keep away form the native herd. however i did go there later in the evening. I heard the herd storming the area, there were shouts and a hypergryff that wouldn't quieten down until i went to calm it" she said feeling sorry for the girl. she hated to be the bringer of bad news but as the girl was looking for answers and she thought that it would be better to give them to her than hide them.

"That could mean anything" Madlyn said disappointed. She had an idea, but picturing was so hard for her to swallow. Had her father been an a fight with native centaurs here? Impossible, dad would never fight with a creatures. And one as smart as any human being, she couldn't picture it. She move on ahead, leaving Briar to her sister's side. The more she adventure to the depths of the forest, the more it became hazard to the three of them. The sun barley made it through the trees, Madlyn had to use lumos to see pass a few feet ahead. She wished she hadn't done it so early, there in a pile of twigs she saw a shirt, rip and bloody, evident to be her father. "Briar come look quick!"

OOCOut of Character:
So Briar can be the one to find him, like originally planned except he's not in bad shape at all!

they reached a dark clearing. as soon as she stepped in there she could tell that something bad had hppened there. It had been years since she had lived in he forest but she could feel her hunting instincts spark up. a quick scan of the surrounding forest told her a lot of what she needed to know. at the sound of Madlyns shout she headed over to see what she had found. there lay a shirt, the same shirt she had seen the professor wearing the afternoon of the event. "I am not sure what happened but i dont think anything from here on is safe" she said looking around the area she saw what she was looking for, there was a hidden path the only signs of it were some broken twigs. "I think this is the herds territory now aspen so it would be better if you didn't come any further. If we are not out in five minutes can you rase an alarm for us. also can i borrow your bow" she said to the centaur in herd. then she turned to her other sister "I think we need to go this way. but we are entering their land now, so aspen cant come any further. if you want i will go and see if i can see anything first and then come back" she said. she knew that she could move almost undetectable through a forest, but she knew that madlyn would probably want to come too.

Aspen stood a little away form the humans as they found something, as she wanted to give them a little privacy in their findings. when Rowen spoke in herd she knew that it was to protect Madlyn from what she was saying. however she decided it was best to reply in a way that all could understand. "Unfortunatly you are right. me coming any further would probably be more trouble than it is worth." she said taking the bow off her back and the arrows off her waist. taking the knife out before handing it to her sister. she wanted to protect herself, this part of the forest creeped her out slightly. "ten minutes and I will be heading wherever i see someone, even if it means going into the castle." she said. hopping that it wouldn't come down to that. she wanted to go to the castle but would hate to if it meant that her sisters were in trouble.

"No I'm coming with you" she would never stay behind, if it meant knowing about Jackson's the hard way, so be it. She smile Aspen, a brief smile, till she moved along with Briar. Except she counted on her wand to help her and not depend on tools that Aspen use to give to Briar. "Don't worry Aspen we'll get out soon enough, so you won't have to take that extreme measure" she went with Briar and held out her wand to the dim scenery. The forest in this darkness gave it an airy atmosphere. She did well in the dark, but today she didn't like it at all. Whatever, darkness, light, hot or cold, noting was going to stop her from looking for him.

Briar took the weapons from her sister, she knew that she couldn't use them against centaurs, and she couldn't think of anything else that may be here but they gave her a feeling of protection. "Okay, but i will go first so i can find where the tracks are." she said
as she made her way forward progress w as slow the path wasn't a proper one and there were still many brambles and bushes around. she picked her way forward through the dark. time was working funny here, every second felt like an eternity, the sounds of the forest amplified around her. suddenly she saw something in front of her that wasn't a bramble or bush, it at first glance looked like a fallen log, but she knew what it was. there was nothing else it could be. "are you sure you want to see this, if you don't then turn around now" she said moving forward to where Professor Jackson Margeras body now lay. seeing the twisted body of the man that she couldn't help but look up to (and not purely because of his size) brought the events real to her. she could feel her body shaking as she looked at his face, a look of fear, shock and pain premaritally imprinted. "oh my gosh, i am so sorry" she whispered unable to make a noise any louder than that.

Briar walk on further than Madlyn, it was fine because maneuvering around the forest ground will always be hard for her. No matter how many tree she would knock down out of the way, the trip will always be hard for her either way. She could hear what Briar said, she found something! Madlyn walked over, traveling over a few boulders, where she was greeted with Briar's back side, and her apologizing to Madlyn. "What are you talking about Briar, sorry for what?" she said stepping at her side. Right there, where a tree may have fallen, laid the corpse of her father Jackson. He wasn't in best of shape, but his eyes were close almost sleeping and what look to be a clean up job, you could tell he had been bleeding otherwise. Had it been remorse? Madlyn didn't give a poop, he was dead.
------She ran to Jackson and fell to the ground. "No than...it's true" tears sprung from her eyes, they leaked down her harrowing looking face. She couldn't believe, till now. She scoop her father's body from his torso and up, hugging as she weep for his death. "Oh Briar, he was such a sweet man, how could they kill him? I just can't believe it.."

briars eyes started prickling and a few tears managed to slip out. however much she wanted to she knew that now was neither the time or place to cry. "I'm sorry because i trusted the centaurs so much, and now they have done this" she said, holding back as much of her tears as she could but her voice caught in the throat and she knew that she couldn't hold them back and talk for much longer. "I know how sweet he was, and I am glad about it" she managed to say trying s best as she could to reassure her sister. a few minutes later she looked at Madlyn, "Do you want to see if we can move him back to the castle" she said. gently brushing her sisters hair out of her face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back