Is Superman Flying Away?

Dianna Gekshel

OOC First Name
James {Rawr!}
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16 Essence of Dragons Whisker
Dianna Gekshel. Probably the geekiest girl in Durmstrang. Maybe even in Europe! It didn't matter much though. So what, if she likes Superman Comic Books - it doesn't make her mean. It doesn't make her dumb. It just makes her a geek. And if liking Batman, Superman, and any other Comic Books made her a geek then - so be it. I could just skip class and read them. But that wouldn't seem right. But I'm so excited to read Superman! He is about to fly to Kryptonite Island! I wonder how he will get through it! She thought. It wouldn't be that wrong to skip classes - She could say she was sick. But Magic can cure that easily. Dianna decided to just take the first classes then leave. The hallway was basically empty - only a few people were left in it, but Dianna didn't care about how many people were in the hallway. Becuase Dianna had to move, if not - she would be late, Not that she cared, but she wanted it to seem like she cared. She didn't even realize that her bag was open - So her Superman comic fell out! She would be devastated if she lost it. Hopefully someone would pick it up for her!

Jack walked down the Durmstrang corridors on his way to his dorm. He had just finished his classes for the day and because he was only taking a few subjects, he had no real need to stay around and work. So, his plan was to go back to his dorm and chill out. Hopefully, he would find something to do, if not he would just probably write a letter to his cousin, or hang around the corridors. Or even, because he was in that sort of mood, he could go to the library or hospital wing and cause a commotion, blame it on a younger student and laugh for the rest of the day.

As these thoughts went through his mind, he walked, wondering where his legs were taking him. He was for some reason, going the long route around the school to his dorm. Wondering why, he suddenly found himself stopping and looking down at the floor. On the floor lay a superman comic. Picking it up, he turned it over and smirked slightly. Who over it belonged to was probably some geeky person. Thinking about this, he found himself jogging down the corridor after the retreating figure who seemed in a rush. He drew level and then realised that the comic must belong to the girl. "Excuse me, is this yours?" He asked, his tone pleasant and warm despite the urge to laugh at the mysterious character in front of him.

Dianna kept rushing to class until she saw a boy walk up to her and held up her Superman comic. "Oh my gosh how did I lose it? Jeez I'm such an idiot..." She whispered. "Oh yes! Thats mine thank you. I wouldn't want to lose it, thank goodness you found it." Dianna smiled. This boy seemed cute - but he probably thought Dianna was a freakshow because of her comic book. She took the Comic book and put it in her bag. "I'm Dianna. Dianna..... Just call me Dianna." Dianna said. She hated her last name so much. Gekshel? Really? "So whats your name, Mysterious Man?" Dianna laughed. She slowed her pace so niether of them had to jog. "So, what Durmstrang Year are you in? I'm in my 6th. I've personally loved my time here. You?" Dianna asked, happily.

Jack smiled to himself as the girl in front of him started talking at 100 mph. "Don't worry about it. Nice to meet you Dianna. Im Jack, and you can also just call me Jack." He said, his eyes twinkling with amusement. Noticing that she didn't give a last name, he stood there, deciding not to give his own either. He hated his name quite a lot. It was boring and plain. Anyone could have it and that didn't single him out as someone special. He wanted to make his mark on the world, to clear things up and put his point across.

As these thoughts distracted him, he turned back to the said girl and smiled again. "Im in the 7th year. School's ok." He said, half lying and half telling the truth. To be honest, the school wasn't that bad. In fact, it was quite nice and held good memories for Jack ever since he was 11. However, whenever Jack was in the school, he felt as if the world was closing in on him. He just wanted to get out, to be free, to explore the world. To have liberty and to be able to use it. His eyes lit up momentarily as he thought of such things, but then returned to their usual colour before anyone could have spotted the change.

Dianna smiled at this boy. He introduced himself to be Jack _____, like Dianna he didn't give away his last name. She didn't mind - atleast she din't have to give away her's. "Nice to meet you too." Dianna smiled at Jack, and kept walking. If she made friends with Jack, maybe she would just skip all the classes with him. If he wanted to, of course, she didn't mind just reading her Comic Books all day. "Thats nice. I'm glad you like your time some-what atleast." Dianna smiled. Jack seemed unsure when he said that but, she didn't care much - what he said, and kept to himself was his choice - not Dianna's. Dianna decided she would just ask him. "Do you want to skip classes and explore London today? I'm real bored, and I've got to get out of here. What do you think?" Dianna smiled at him and awaited his answer - hopefully a yes. Jack seemed nice enough.

Jack smiled at her suggestion. "That would be great fun. Apart from the fact that we can't apparate in the school and we can't get out. The gates are locked and protection on in the day to stop us. After an incident a few years ago." He explained, truly sad that he had to say no. He had been momentarily delighted with the idea, but now that it came to think about it, it would be impossible. "At the weekend. I promise." He added, smiling as he realised the coming weekend was one where they were allowed out. Normally, Jack would spend the weekend in another country by himself, but now he could make allowances and take this interesting girl along with him. It seemed that she could actually be good company...

Dianna, sighed and looked at the boy. "Well thats annoying. I just learned to Apparate too. But I guess its for our safety. Do you still wanna skip classes though?" Dianna shrugged, and swayed. It would have beeen so much fun to go and explore London - its something she always wanted to do, But never got to do it. Dianna smiled when he said they would go on the Weekend. "Really? Thats awesome! I never got to explore London." She laughed. Dianna liked Jack. He seemed very nice, and Dianna really liked him. "So, what do you want to do?" Dianna asked happily.

OOCOut of Character:
Lame post. By the way, I put a background, behind the words. becuase I wanted to try it. I don't know why. But I had to.

Jack smiled and breathed a sigh of relief as she agreed to go at the weekend. "I don't have any classes now. But yeh, you can skip your classes." He said, smiling at this girls general attitude towards the school life. It seemed very like his own. Smirking slightly, he shrugged. "What would you normally do if you skipped a class?" He asked, his tone casual and relaxed. He smiled again and his thoughts went back to his old days, casually hanging around the school with his mates. But now, now they all seemed tied up with girlfriends. Sighing slightly, he turned back to hear her response.

(OOC: No, mine is lame :p don't worry, i looks fine either way :p )

"Cool. It would have been boring today anyway." Dianna laughed. But it was true. Today would have been very boring, just doing school work. ''Well, Normally to start, my roommate, would say 'Get your @$$ out of bed!' I'd say, 'Hell To The No!' She'd leave and I'd read my Comic Books. After a while I would play music, Phone's music actually works here, but calling doesn't. Anyways, I would play music and dance. Now I lock the door. A girl video taped me once, it wasn't good.Basically everyone saw me dancing, so it wasn't veyr good for me. Whenever I walked down the hall they would start doing Dance moves." Dianna laughed. It was funny, she had to admit it. But even if Jack asked, she would not show him any dance moves. "What about you? What do you do?" Dianna asked, hoping something as embarassing as hers.

Jack smirked at her response. It seemed a normal thing to do except from the dancing. Laughing at the end statement, he felt the need to ask her to dance. But, he wouldn't because he had a feeling that she would turn him down and he didn't want that. "Me? I might write a letter to my cousin, annoy younger students, mentor my mate in a younger year, do some work occasionally or just generally walk around outside with a group of people or by myself." He said, shrugging slightly and sighing. He still didn't know what to do but his brain was trying to think of something quickly.

(OOC: Im sooooo sorry :( i am replying to 10 different topics at once. I have only just realised that at the beginning of this post, i said Jack was going out of school, and then he said that they can't..... am sooooo sorry for mucking it all up :jesse: )

OOCOut of Character:
Don't worry! Its fine, I don't care. (To be completly honest, I didn't even realize it.) Also, after a couple of posts, do you want to continue this topic in London/The Amusement Park?

Dianna laughed. She did think it was very funny what she did, but it didn't, matter much. "Really? I hate you so much!" She laughed, punching him playfully on the arm. "You don't do anything embarassing? C'mon! Unfair advantage!" She laughed. She was a bit mad she revealed something embarassing while he didn't, but it didn't really matter. "Anyways, on the weekend, do you want to go to an amusement park? We can Apparate to one. I went to one in New Jersey, it was called...um, Thats it! Six Flags Great Adventure! It was so much fun! We could explore London, for a bit, then go there! What do you think?" Dianna asked. She had been there before, it was so much fun! She hoped they could go.

Jack smiled and coiled away, mock pretending that he was hurt. "Hey. I think you are reading far too many superman comics now, his strength is rubbing off on you!" He joked, his tone playful and warm. "Um well, let me think..... i do something embarrassing, but im sorry to say you can't know that.... your problem for sharing!" he joked still. His father always told him, your weakness will one day be sharing it. Remembering this, he smirked and made up his stubborn mind not to say anything to her. "Yeh, that sounds really cool. I think i am free." He commented, his eyebrows pulling together in a frown as he tried to think what he was doing. He had planned to go out with some mates, but that could easily be changed so it didn't really matter. Yeh, he would probably be free and it would be great fun.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for late reply! Just noticed you posted!

Dianna laughed at him. "That would be awesome! I could totally kick people's @$$'$!" She laughed, thinking of how awespome it would be to have super-powers. "I'll find out, just you wait...." She joked with him. She had to admit - she wwas curious but he didn't have to tell her everything. She smiled when he said he would be free. "Thats great! We could ride the tallest Coaster in the World! Soaring over 400 feet, it would be great, not to mention, that ride goes 128 Mph, so I would love to ride it -i have never done so before!" She smiled thinking about going on Kingda-Ka, (Thats the name of the ride.) It would be amazing!

(OOC: Don't worry, i have been away so sorry for the late and lame reply... :jesse: )

Jack smiled and laughed softly as this girl went off talking about the rides that they could visit. Hoping that he would enjoy them as much as she made out he would, he waited to see if she would bring up further conversation. "Im not sure you will find out about my secret, no one else knows it yet." He said, suddenly thinking of his cousin and realising that that was a slight lie. Amy knew his secret, but she wouldn't tell anyone. Unless. Unless someone bugged her soooo much about it, she would probably just spill. Making a mental note to tell Amy to watch out for a comic mad, but lovely girl, he smiled and laughed softly again.

Dianna smiled softly at him. "Well, I guess thats your choice, it is your decision." she said happily. She walked along with him, walking a little fast. "Hey, Jack, I bet I could eat you in a race!" She said, beofre running a quickly as she could into the empty next corridor. "Hey slowpoke! C'mon!" she laughed.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for lame and late post.

Jack winked at her. "I know. He said with a friendly grin. Matching her fast pace with his own, he raised his eyebrows at her as she suggested a race. Rolling his eyes at her final comment, he jogged along with her, reaching the corridor a few seconds after her. "You can say you won, but you also have to make sure that everyone knew you had an unfair advantage. Where does the race finish?" He asked, his tone light and pleasant as he found himself enjoying this mad girl's company. Laughing to himself as he ran, he smiled his lopsided smile again, trying to prepare himself for any other mad ideas that this girl might dream up.

"Well, it ends..." Dianna looked around before pointing down the corridor. "There!" She said before running as quick as she could down the corridor. This one was the main corridor that branched off to other places. It was really long. She ran as fast as she could. When she made it to the end she was panting for air. She decided to bring up the other converstation. "Do you like roller coatsers? I love them." She smiled at Jack. She had a crush on Jack. But she wasn't sure if he knew.

Jack raised his eyebrows again at the continuation of the race. Running down the corridor, he swerved around some random students and laughing, kept up with Dianna. Smirking at the thought of the pair of them running down the corridors and the looks that had been given to both of them, he stayed quiet for a moment to finish catching his breath back. The sudden change of topic took him by surprise and his eyebrows raised again in amusement. It seemed that this girl went at the speed of greased lightening and Jack found it amusing to keep up. Running a hand through his dark hair, he laughed casually. "Yeh, i guess i do like them." He shrugged, wondering what else this girl would ask next. It was a mystery to him.

Dianna laughed as they tied. "Nice Game. But I think I baet by a split second." Dianna giggled. She walked along and looked in on the claasses going on. Some of them we using Magic, while others were reading books. "They are so much fun!" She laughed, moving a strand of hair out of her face. She decided to do ask something huge. "Hey Jack....are you dating anyone...?" She asked faintly. But it was just enought for him to hear her.

OOCOut of Character:
Would you mind make him a bit oblivious to what she was going to ask? She'll cover it up.

(OOC: Thats fine :p I was going to already, but i didn't know whether you wanted me to or not.)

Jack laughed softly and smirked. "Whatever. I know the truth." He laughed. Walking next to Dianna, he also looked in the classroom where the younger students were working hard at their spells and their theory work. Smirking lightly at the thought that that used to be him, he found himself lost in thoughts of his childhood. Only the next few words brought him flying back. Thinking about the question for a second, Jack wondered whether anyone could still say that he was dating Gwen. He still liked her a lot, but it had been a while since they had seen each other. "Yes. She's called Gwen. Why? Have you seen us together?" He asked, guessing that the reason behind the question was because she had seen him with another girl and had just wondered. Completely oblivious to the real reason behind the question, he began to hum and walk down the corridor again.

"The truth that I won." Dianna laughed. She smiled to herself. As she looked in on the other classrooms. A poor 1st year was getting screamed at for doing a spell wrong. "They can be really hard on the young ones. But thats what shapes us to be the great wizards and witches we are today!" she smiled to him. "I mean, they could ease up a bit but I guess its fine." She looked at him. Smiling she walked along the corridor. Her heart sunk with the first word. She felt like her heart had been smashed and stomped on. "No..I just thought I might know her. But I guess not." She said. Her face was red with embarrassment. She looked away from him to hide it.

OOCOut of Character:
It was sooooo hard to write this post. The first part was okay. But I have never shown her soft side. That was hard. And sorry bout it being so lame.

Jack followed her gaze into the classroom and nodded. He knew that Gwen would be outraged to see that, but it was what he had grown up with and he remembered being that student, so he knew how good it would be for them one day. They didn't want to be making mistakes when faced with an auror or something. No, that wouldn't do. Smirking at the sight, he carried on walking and noticed in the next classroom there were groups of older students, working to grow dark creatures. Remembering that lesson as well, he nodded and smirked again. Turning now to hear her answer he shrugged, not noticing her reaction as much as he might have normally because he was distracted with the classroom. "Oh right." He stated, feeling slightly awkward. About to mention how amazing he thought she was, he suddenly noticed a glimpse of her pink face and looked around, putting it down to the fact that it was hot in the room. "Do you want to go outside?" He asked, guiding her towards the exit that was growing closer.

(OOC: Its really good though :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back