Is It Really So Wrong?

Danton Howard

OOC First Name
Maia!
Wand
Alder, 13 inches, dragon heartstring.
Danton was reading. It was a regular pasttime of his. Knowledge was power. that's what he told himself. however, today was different, he couldn't concentrate. There was something annoying him, niggling in the back of his brain. Only, he didn't now what it was. He thought back over what had happened in the last while. All his work was up to date. His and Hayley's plan was doing well, he was making his name in the school, as was Danielle. Hayley had been right, no matter what his siter's doubts were. She was great, his closest friend. Danton didn't hae friends, and that he had any fondness for her at all would've been odd, but he no longer thought of her as just his cousin. She was so much more. he was more than fnd of her-he actually cared about her. she mattered.

There it was agin, the niggling as though he had forgotten something, or needed to do something. It was probably something to do with the plan-he'd ask Hayley later. She was sure to know. She was always on top of things, something he admired about her. She could set a goal and would accomplish it.

He closed his eyes and lay back on the grass, trying to relx, but he couldn't he needed something. He traced random letters on the page. H-A-Y-L-E-Y. He sat bolt upright, and slammed his bok shut. that was it, this was someething to do with his cousin, he needed to talk to her, maybe there was something he needed to hear from her, a new stage in the plan perhaps. His heart immediately lifted as he got up, intent on finding his cousin, and telling her his news-he had gotten himself a girlfriend, and she was suitable-that would help the plan. Hayley would be pleased. The niggling had gone. That must have been it all along. He needed to tell Hayley his news.

Hayley sat down on the ground as she looked at the ground with a wand firmly held. There was no one in the forbidden forest except her, she had to get away from everyone for a while, she couldn't stop from being jealous of Danton spending time with any other people even though it was just for a while. She knew that the feeling inside should never be exposed but she couldn't help it. What if anyone found out about it? And told her father? The young girl sighed as she continued starring at the ground and listened to different sounds of faunas around her and finally shed a tear.

In a couple of hours, Hayley stood up as she stood up, walking away from the place and went deeper to the forest. She was losing her mind and was planning on destroying the whole place, not caring if she would be expelled because of it or not. There were too many things in her mind, first was Danton, the second was her father, those are two important men in her life yet she couldn't be with Danton and she couldn't spend time with her father because of business reasons. The young girl shut her eyes as she scream on top of her lungs, broke down to the ground and cried. She knew that she was all alone, that was the only reason why she didn't hide her emotion. "Stop it" She said softly as she continued to cry hoping that Danton would be there for her and held her, but then he wasn't there. And beside Hayley didn't want to look weak when he was around so this would never happen.

Danton walked up to the castle in search of Hayley. The long trek to the Dungeons didn't tire him, he kept in good shape, knowing it was important for his future as a Death Eater. He didn' want any stupid Auror's catching him. He reached the hidden entrance and said the password. "Pura Potentia." Pure is Power. Very fitting, he thought. He checked the common room, and even sent a house-elf to the girls dormitory, but Hayey wasn't there. He sat in a chair, and flicked his wand toward the fire, causing it to flare and frighten a second year. Hi eyes flicked toward the youner student. "You have heard of Hayley Huberta-yes?" he inquired, coldly. The students nodded silently, and edged further back in her seat. "Where is she?" he asked, expecting some kind of answer at least. "I, um, I saw her going toward the...f-f-forest." she stammered, rising to her feet nervously, and trying not to look him in the eye. He smirked at her and flicked his hand. "You may go." he dismissed her, rising silently and walking out of the Common Room.

He stalked down toward the forest, wondering what Hayley was doing dwn there-it wasn't particularly dangerous-she could handle herself, but he did want to talk to her, and it would be harder to find her in the forest. "Hales!" he called, as her reached the forest, but there was no answer. "Homenum Revelio." he stated and his wand spun, showing him Hayley's location. He walked purposefully, until he saw her. She was crying. This was unspeakable. "Hayley!" he called, running over to her, and putting his arms around her. "Are you okay?" he asked, looking down in to her face.

Hayley wept her tears from her eyes as she sat on the cold ground, shivering from the wind that blew pretty hard. Out of nowhere, Danton came and wrapped his arms around her. The girl quickly dried her tears and stood up, pushing him away from her. "W-wh-what are you doing here?" She looked at him and plastered her emotion-less look. "How did you find me?" She asked him flatly as she walked toward him and looked up to him, her eyes were puffy, obviously she had been crying but the girl was too stubborn to admit that she wasn't as strong as Andrew Huberta. "WHO TOLD YOU THAT I'M HERE?!" She said louder, feeling a little angry, not sure why she felt that way. She wasn't stable yet, she couldn't control her feeling. "WHO!?" She shouted, grabbing him by the shirt and pushed Danton weakly away from her and walk toward him, making an uncomfortable distance with him.

Not sure why Hayley was so mad at Danton, she decided to quit the game. The eldest of the Huberta looked down to the ground and took a few steps backward, holding her tears. "Why are you here? That Sumiragi girl is probably waiting for you in the brighstone village" Hayley saw him and Clyde's sister together, it seemed that he was only talking to her but Hayley was jealous of them although she knew that she couldn't be with Danton and she knew that no matter how hard she tried she would never be able to be with him. Danton was the only one who made her feel safe, knowing that he wont be able to be in a relationship with him made her feel like no one cared for her. "Danton..." She paused, not looking at his eyes. "I... L.." Again the girl paused not being able to say the three meaningful words. "Forget it, you should go back, it's going to rain soon" Hayley said and took a deep breath before looking at him in the eye.

Danton jumped back as Hayley pushed him away. He was startled, and stared at her afronted. "I was looking for you!" Danton replied, stunned. He had thought something was wrong, that she was hurt or something. Hayley began shouting, and he grabbed her by the arms. "CALM DOWN!!" he yelled, bringing his face close to hers. "A second year told me, I don't know their name, I probably won't recognise them tomorrow, but that's not important-I was looking for you."

He let go of her, and stepped away leaning against a tree and running a hand through his hair. "Hayley-your driving me crazy." he said simply, his face looking toward the sky. His voice was more open, honest than it usually was-gone was the cold indifference. "No she's not-we're meeting tomorrow." he relied, calmly "Hales, you must admit-she's a valuable asset, she's a pureblood, and she's rich." he looked into her eyes, completely honest. "If I have some kind of "relationship" with her" he explained, using his fingers to illustrate the air quotes. "It would benefit us-and you know it."

By now, him and Hayley were definetly an "us" they were a team, and he liked that, he liked that very much. Though he wasn't exactly sure why-he told himself it was her intelligence, and that she was a good partner in crime, but it was more than that. She began speaking again and he looked up. "You what Hayley?" he asked, stepping toward her, hopeful. his green eyes were youthful, like a child, more so than his eyes had ever been when he was a child. "I'm not going anywhere." he stated, stepping closer once more.

Hayley couldn't believe what she heard, she knew that Danton had the right to be with the youngest of Sumiragi. She knew that her relationship with Danton wont go as far as him and that girl, but she couldn't believe what she heard. Hayley was heartbroken, no matter how hard she tried to cover it, she couldn't. She stayed quiet as she plastered on her emotionless face as she glared at Danton sharply, not moving even an inch. "She's a pureblood and she's rich, is she an idiot? Like that girl that we met a few years ago?" Hayley met a girl in the train on a trip with Danton, she turned out to be a pureblood but brainless. Of course, Hayley hated the girl right instant even though the girl's blood was pure and that she was rich.

The weather began to be colder, of course Hayley pretended that she was alright. "Benefit us?" She looked at Danton in the eye and walked toward him. "No Danton! It'll benefit YOU! I never agree with you being in a relationship with... With that... That girl! I've met her brother and he just found out about him being a pureblood probably this year!" She walked toward him, placing her arms on his chest and grabbed him by the shirt, pulling him forcefully as she looked at him in the eye deeply. "Do you really expect her to be one of `us`?" Actually Hayley knew nothing about Clyde's brother, but she was too jealous to even think about the girl, she wanted to make as many excuses as possible so that Danton didn't have to be with her.

Remembering that Hayley was to keep her feeling to herself, she decided not to tell Danton what she was about to say. The three strong, meaningful words. "I said FORGET it" She said, not looking at him as she turned the other way around and closed her eyes as she began to take another deep breath. "You should know what I was about to say, Danton." Danton wasn't an idiot, he was good at solving problems, uncovering mysteries. So he should know the feeling of Hayley's toward him, unless he was heartless.

Danton sighed, she misunderstood him. He turned to look into her clear blue eys. "Please don't look at me like that." he asked, she looked like she wished him off the face of the earth. "Hales, she's not stupid, but she knows that if we keep up appearances-it'll benefit her also. It has nothing to do with feelings." he replied, standing straight and moving away from the tree. She looked so beautiful, even when she was angry, even when she probably wished he were dead. Her eyes were red, and her hair was messy, there was something wrong, he knew that. She was just too proud to let him know, but Danton knew her, he knew no matter how much she stated otherwise-she did need him, they were one in the same. He knew that, she knew that, the only problem was they were both afraid to tell each other.

"Hayley, I don't want to argue with you, but you know that this will help." he began. "I barely know the girl, and we've gone out once or twice, Hayley, if you want me not to be with her-I'll stop it, you'll never hear about her again. I promise." They were very close now, she was gripping him by the chest. "Of course not, no one is on a par with us." he replied, he didn't pull away, liking the feeling of their closeness. He sighed as she refused to tell him, he loved her too, that was what needed to be said. He'd never loved anyone, but he loved Hayley-more than anything on earth. "I won't forget it, you know that." he smiled, as she turned away, and closed her eyes. He around her and stood facing her. "Hayley-open your eyes." he requested, not fully expecting her to. "And look into my eyes." He did know, she was right, and it was time to drop all pretence. "Yes, I know what you were going to say, but I still want you to say it." he began, quietly, looking into her beautiful face. "So, that I can say it back." he took a deep breath, waiting for her reaction. He would wait for her to act first, he didn't want to seem presumptuous

Again, Hayley was surprised knowing that Danton went out with her once or twice, she wasn't hoping that as the answer. But at least she was relieved that Danton was telling the truth, that he wasn't lying, stabbing her from the back. After all, there should be no secret between them, at least there was none at the moment. "It's all up to you, Danton." She said pausing before continuing what she had to say. "Actually, you a lot about me, I'm sure that you know what I want. So why ask?" This was another similar habit of Hayley's and her father's. They both expected other people to read their mind, well Danton knew a lot about Hayley so he could read her like an open book but others who knew nothing about her found her like an unsolved puzzle.

When Danton faced Hayley, the girl kept her eyes shut, until he ordered her to open her eyes. The reason why she listened was that she was pretty surprised that he would order her like that, not that Danton didn't order her around before but Hayley wasn't expecting it. The girl looked at him in the eye as her eyes began to turn red once more. "First of all, NEVER tell me what to do, secondly why are you smiling?" She glared at him as she walked toward him. "Why can't you just say it first?" Her face softened as she wait for his reaction. "Fine, I love you. Alright? Danton I love you, I can't stop thinking about the scene of you meeting that girl that I barely know, no matter how hard I want to stop this feeling because it's not right for both of us, I can't. I can never find anyone more perfect than you, I can never love anyone else as much as I love you." She continued pushing and hitting him for making her revealing her feelings.

All up to him. Nothing was up to him, not where she was concerned. "Hayley, I don't want her, at all, I just thought..." he thought that some other girl might stop him thinking about her. He'd never found it hard to attract girls attention. Rima had been easy, a few well-placed words, some small-talk. Hayley was different. She was a challenge, she made him want to be better than he was, to be worthy of her. that would never happen-he was sure of it. "You want her to go away." he replied. "You want all the same things as me, you want us not to be related, you want us to be different people, then sometimes you just want this all to go away." he sighed to himself. He'd never been so truthful, not even with Hayley, he'd been afraid, soemthing he wasn't proud of. Afraid that she'd say she'd never felt that way.

"I'm smiling, because you're here." he replied simply, as she got angrier and angrier. He loved her so much, that it hurt. He wished with all his might that this girl in front of him weren't his cousin, that she were just another girl, another student, so that he could love her, free of guilt. "Because, I'm afraid that it won't be good enough." he explained, by now he was standing directly in front of her. What if it wasn't enough, what if, he said it, and she still wouldn't be with him, and what if she did? What if it was wonderful, and amazing, but it had no future? It was so confusing. Then she replied. He smiled broadly, a bigger smile than he'd ever had before, as she belted him and hit him, he grabbed her arms and leaned down, toward her to be level with her. "Hayley." he began, "I love you too. More than anything on Earth." He kissed her lightly, brushing his lips against her, the smile never leaving his face. Then the kiss deepened and he wrapped his arms around her, he couldn't believe this was happening. He was kissing Hayley. The only girl he had ever loved, the only girl he could ever love, her lips were warm on his and it felt right, even though he knew it was so wrong. After a few minutes he pulled away. "I was so afraid you wouldn't feel the same." he admitted, grinning down at her.

Hayley's cheek began to blush for the very first time as she heard her name being called by her beloved Danton. Her heart raced faster and faster as she heard the three words coming out of his mouth. Soon their lips met as Hayley wrapped her arms around Danton, pulling him closer to her. "This is wrong" She said after pulling away. "What if father finds out about us? What are you siblings going to say about us?" She panicked as she took a few steps away feeling so hopeless. Why must they be related? Hayley looked around making sure no one saw what they did. As long as they were alone Hayley was free to express her feeling to Danton. He was the only one that she trusted. He was always there when she needed a friend to talk to, he was always there when she was having a rough day.

The girl had never been in love before but in the same time her heart broke into pieces knowing that what they did was wrong. Knowing that they were alone in the forest, Hayley took a few steps toward Danton and tip toed, kissing him deeper as she wrapped her arms around him, not wanting to let him go. "I don't know what to do" She said still hugging him tightly. "Our relationship wont last long and I'm sure that you know it" She said not daring to look at Danton in the eye. She loved him so much, she wanted him to be hers only. She couldn't imagine seeing him with another girl. Danton was far too precious for her, she spent most of her time with him and she did everything with him, she wanted to be with him forever but she knew that it was impossible. "Danton..." She broke the silence as she grabbed an arm of his. "We... Have to go back, it's raining soon and if the professor's around, we're going to be in trouble" She looked up to him, smiling, pretending that she was worrying about nothing.

Danton smiled as the flush f red appeared on Hayley's pale cheeks. He didn't want anyone, but her-ever. As she pulled away from him a frown creased his brow. "I know, in convention, but it doesn't feel wrong." he replied, taking her hand as she backed away from him. "Dont think about it Hayley there's no answer that'll makes happy, there's no way, I just wish... I wish that you were just another girl, someone I met when I moved to Hogwarts, I wish we weren't related, that we cold just be us, but, but there isn't any way." he sighed, as they moved closer once more. "Oh Hayley." he whispered, as they kissed once more, his arms wrapped around her small frame. She felt so small and vulnerabke in hsi arms. all he wanted to do was protet her.

As they pulled away, she spoke. "I know, I know, but we'll figure something out." he whispered softly, stroking her long, golden hair as her face was pressed into his chest. He hugged her even tighter, sensing her fear. "I promise, that I will always love you-always, and, and maybe we have some time." he stammered, trying to reassure her. He nodded as she said they had to leave. "I suppose you're right-you usually are." he smiled, kissing her lightly on the lips, then on her forehead. "Let's go." he said softly into her hair and began walking, holding her hand, though he knew he'd have to let go as they neared the edge of the forest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back