Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Xavier 💕
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Unyielding Ash Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
It was the final year. This time next year, they would all be working on their individual careers or travelling. Others may even start getting married and having families. Alexis had already her heart set on being an auror. Sure, she loved a lot of things and good at some skills like Quidditch but she did not see herself play professionally. She could be a potioneer or an auror. Something along those lines. Aside from career, she wondered where she and Xavier stood. Sure, they had been dating for over three years now but now that she thought about it, they had never discussed plans after graduation.
These things ran through her head as she took a seat on a nearby bench at the gardens. She had sent word to @Xavier Mackintosh that he could find her there just in case her meetings and practices ended early. She had been busy with lessons, prefect duties, quidditch practices and clubs that she thought a trip to the gardens would be a good break for her. She sank back with a deep breath before she closed her eyes, facing up the sky. She felt at peace, not noticing a person coming her way.

Last edited:
Xavier hadn't really thought of what he would be doing after graduation. There were several possibilities, but he wasn't sure what the future held for him, something that had been brought up in conversation with his father a number of times, and it always came to the same conclusion: he had no idea. Was it normal that he did not have a specific goal in mind? Well, there was one thing he was thinking about. His relationship with Alexis. They had been dating for years now and they've only had one fight. That surely had to mean something. He did't know what, but it meant a lot to him, and hopefully to Alexis. They were going to figure it out eventually. When the boy had been told to meet his girlfriend he had eagerly stopped what he was doing, glad for the break, and headed towards the garden, a smile on his lips when he saw her. He went up behind her and wrapped his arms around her. "There's my favourite girl," he said, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Alexis breathed a deep relaxing sigh, with the chirping of the birds heard. Only one semester left, with Yule Ball and Valentines' Dance in between, NEWTS and graduation were what they had left. Her heart was set on being an auror. Adam and Adalric knew about her goal while Armin still thought she would be better off as a dragonologist like him. She thought about writing Achim a letter about it when she felt warm arms wrapped her. Her favorite voice spoke up along with a kiss to her cheek, causing her cheeks to color as always. "Xavier, hi.", she breathed before she glanced sideways to her favorite pair of eyes. Despite the many thoughts running through her head, this man who just joined her remained constant.

Xavier grinned at his favourite Ravenclaw as he went to sit down next to her, and gave her another hug before he pulled away. "So, did you want to talk? How have you been?" he asked. He wanted to know, he hadn’t seen her in a few days and those seemed to be the longest days of his life. Mostly because Xavier was not as busy as she was, especially as she had her prefect and quidditch captain duties added to NEWTs.

Alexis' smile did not vanish when Xavier moved to sit beside her. Her heart swelled at his hug, almost wanting to stay in his embrace longer. At his question, she gave him a small pout. "Am I not allowed to see my favorite guy? Don't you miss me?", she teased. Turning serious, she leaned on his shoulder, reaching for his hand. "I miss you." They had been dating for years, mostly their entire Hogwarts life and a day did not pass that she missed the Hufflepuff. "I'm good. Patrols and practices drained me at the end of the day. Then, there was homework.", she huffed. Her boyfriend knew she loved the work pile but she was quite guilty because their time together was limited because of it.

Xavier chuckled when Alexis pouted, grinning at her. He took her hands in his and started to rub his thumbs over them. "Of course you are. And I am much flattered that I am your favourite guy," he winked at her. She was his favourite girl, there was no doubt about that. Going out for this long without a break or breaking up definitely had to amount to something. "I’ve missed you more than you know," he sighed, thinking yet again of how busy Alexis was nowadays. He didn’t blame her, she had a lot on her plate and the hufflepuff just wanted to be there as much as possible if she needed a reassuring nod, or encouraging smile, here and there. "You’re doing okay, aren’t you? You’ll get through this year, we both will, I promise," he said, concern in his voice. Xavier occasionally wondered if she was taking on too much at once, although he knew she was able to handle it, she was amazing at organisation. Something that Xavier could learn from. But that did not stop the boy from worrying about her. "Hey, listen, I’m here if you need a shoulder to cry on from all the work, or a helping hand, or just for a break, whatever you need," he said, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear.

Alexis' smile instantly came back. Despite her teasing, she knew the Hufflepuff loved to make her happy. And she was, he made her tasks bearable. She had remembered when he would join her at the lounge, studying for OWLs late into the night. She smiled at their joined hands, him rubbing his thumbs over hers. She softly squeezed his hand, letting him know that she appreciated his presence in her life. "I miss you too. Always." Her schedule has been a pain and with more NEWTS than him, she had more classes that would even coincide with his free periods. Hearing him say those words made her feel guilty somehow. He had always been an understanding boyfriend, supportive as well. Quidditch, prefect duties, captaincy and club organizations. "I'm sorry, love. For not having so much time with you.", she said looking at him. "but you know I always think of you, right?", she added as she leaned into his hand when he reached for her hair. "Well, you can always join me for study sessions but I am already contented when we are like this." She leaned her head back on his shoulder. "I hope we will still have more moments like this. Even after graduation." She hoped she would get to know his plans after school, whether they were similar with hers. She had always imagined ending her Auror training days with some quality time with Xavier.

Last edited:
Xavier smiled at Alexis, no matter how busy her schedule got, he knew he was never going to leave her. He was always going to be there for her, and it showed by how much he supported her. It was all he could do, really, there wasn't much to be done about their school life. He squeezed her hand. "I know you're busy, which is why all I want to do is make sure you're handling it all," he told her, meaning it. "You don't have to apologise for it, A, I love you and we'll get through the rest of the year, I know we will." He chuckled. "Of course, just like I'm thinking of you too, and always worrying that you're doing too much," he winked, though deep down inside he was a worried boyfriend. "Joining you for study sessions means I get to spend almost double the time with you and that's really what I'm here for," he grinned. As long as he wasn't a distraction or anything because that was the last thing that Alexis needed. He raised his eyebrows. Sure, he had been thinking of the future with his girlfriend, but it was the first time that she had voiced it to him like this. "I hope so too," he admitted. Xavier didn't think he could imagine life after graduation without her. "I'm struggling to know what career I want to go into, though," he sighed, running a hand through his hair. He glanced at Alexis. "What do you think would suit me?"

Alexis snuggled into his embrace much more contentedly. His presence brought wonders to what she was feeling and his words even more They warmed her heart and just like that, she felt she could everything well. "I love you too.", she reached up to kiss his cheek. "And I know you constantly worry for me.", she teased him playfully. She knew why the Puff let her study on her own although he was just in the same room a couple of tables away from her. Xavier was always the supportive one, so supportive that he would make sure she was not distracted from her studying. The prefect was grateful for that and more. Her boyfriend suddenly brought up future careers. Alexis pulled back from the embrace to look at him properly, her interest caught. When he asked the question, she felt excited. "A career that suits you...", she became thoughtful as she looked at hher favorite guy. "I'd love it if could train as aurors. But, it is not sooo you.", she giggled. Her head leabed to one side, almost like a puppy, when she got an idea. "Xav... you can be an artist. No,no. A talent scout! For musicians. With composing songs as another specialty.", she became more excited. "Build a talent agency and find musicians who can become famous. Wizards and muggles!" The ideas kept coming. "Music is your suit. Even better than mine. And you love music. Turn passion into a business and a career?", she asked, just making sure he would love the ideas as much as she did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back