Interviewing Estrella

Kale Thomas

OOC First Name
Oleg
Kale walked swiftly down to the lakefront, where Estrella and Liz were supposed to meet him momentarily. This afternoon Kale had asked Estrella if he could interview her about her best friend Rose Landers death for a Hogwarts Weekly story. It was definitely a touchy subject talking to someone about an issue as gentle as this, so Kale invited Liz along so that she can help him out with keeping Estrella comfortable. He was definitely expecting today to be an emotional afternoon, so he was sure to bring an extra hankie just in case anyone gets a little teary.

Taking a seat on a patch of soft green grass, Kale situates himself by leaning his back on the trunk of a tall tree nearby Rose's rosebush. He starts to feel a heavy feeling at the pit of his stomach, it's weird to think that someone has actually died on Hogwarts grounds. Kale then reaches into his bag for a pen and his handy dandy composition notebook. He felt like writing the manual muggle way today, not the usual quills and parchment. Kale sits peacefully in the quiet & waits for one of the girls to approach him so they can get started with this interview.

Estrella walked down to the Lakefront, seeing that Kale Thomas, as he had introduced himself, was already sitting down by the rosebush. Smiling at him grimly, she sat down on the grass across from him, and said "Hi." They both waited on Liz, who was supposed to be meeting them down there today.

((OOC: i need to leave now. I'll be back on later. :D ))

As Estrella paced towards him, he stood at both feet. Kale could tell that she still was having a hard time with Rose's loss. "I'm happy that you can make it" he said in a concerned tone; he extended his hand towards Estrella and tried to smile "My name is Kale...I think Liz should be here quite shortly." he sat back down and kept eye contact with the girl

Liz walked down, and saw Estrella and Kale. "Hey guys!" she said, smiling broadly. This interview would need smiling, as much as possible.

Turning to Kale, Estrella said, "Well, what kind of questions did you want to ask?" Her smile was weak but polite nonetheless.

"Hey Liz!" he let out a smile but got back to his normal attitude "Okay...well, I guess we can get started. By the way, Estrella...if you want to stop at any time. Just let us know..." he gave her a reassuring smile "I would like to ask you a few questions about yourself first, lets start with....What are your general interests?" He sat, back against a tree...pen and paper at hand, ready to take notes on what Estrella was about to say

"Well, I really like music," Estrella replied. "And I love Quidditch. I was so happy when I found out that I was keeper for one of the Quidditch teams, Opaleye Assault, as we just named it." She broke a weak smile. "Other than that, I like stories, writing, and just magic in general."

"Great answer" Kale grinned while writing main points of her answers "How about classes, which are you most interested in?"

(Whatever we don't finish today, we'll pick up on like Sunday. I'm going to be gone for a few days, but if I can get to the internet I'll do as much as I can. Sorry!)

"I'd have to say Charms is my favorite class, but I also really like Transfiguration and Defense Against the Dark Arts. I like History of Magic too, but I'm really into the classes that explore with magic, instead of just reading about it," Estrella replied, hoping that it was a good enough answer.

"Cool, so you like more of the "Hands on/visual" aspect of learning?" Kale was happy that Estrella didn't seem too uncomfortable around him. "Ohh...okay back to Quidditch real quick...Are you hoping to be playing Quidditch every year while you're attending Hogwarts?" he said with a grin.
After this last question he was thinking of bringing up Rose if Estrella still seemed feeling okay...

Estrella's smile was a little wider. "I intend to play as keeper every year I'm in Hogwarts," she replied a little more happily.

Kale listened to Estrellas comment and jotted down everything that she had said...he was trying to think of a way to bring up Rose in a gentle manner but was having a tough time. He didn't want to ruin her good attitude by raining on her parade. Kale had to bring her up somehow so he just went for it.

Looking at Estrella, Kale gave her a grin...looking down at his notebook he reads aloud his next question, "Okay...from what I know, you and Rose were really good friends...if you can pick five words or less...which five would you pick to decribe Rose?" he gave her a gentle smile waiting and hoping he approached the topis lightly enough...

Estrella's weak grin disappeared, her eyes misted. Thinking on the matter, she replied somberly, "I would have to say funny, intelligent, fearless, charismatic, and amazing as a friend. She wasn't scared of anything," she chuckled at the thought, "Even in the Forbidden Forest."

Kale looked at Estrella, he started to feel a little uneasy...wondering whether or not he should keep on going. Kale gives Estrella a weak smile and looks over at Liz, who had been awfully quiet the last coup0le of minutes. Looking back at Estrella he blinks and writes down a few things..."Woah..she sounds like she was a really great person" he didn't really know what else to say.

"So...you brought up the Firbidden Forest...were there any other insidences when you two ventured out into the forest?" he looked over at Estrella and back at Liz once again, waiting for a response

Estrella laughed. "Well, we went exploring with some others, and just happened to find a werewolf... but we ended up being okay."

Kale once again wrote down what had come from Estrella mouth onto his notepad and flipped the pages of the book to look for a few more questions about Rose. "Ahh, okay...heres another. If you're able to choose one person in Roses life that she looked up to the most, who would you say it was?" he said with a smile. Kale is starting to feel a little more comfortable feeding Estrella questions

Estrella smiled in deep thought, and replied, "You know, she never really said who she looked up to. I would probably suppose her teachers, and her parents." At the latter Estrella thought, Not much I can say for myself there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back