Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Dragon Heartstring Core
Nadia Kaster had been trying to get the angle on one of the candidates for weeks, months, she wasn't even sure anymore. With each way she'd gone she'd run into a brick wall, a bunch of no's, maybe's, Mr such and such is not available right now, I'm afraid such and such can't come to the phone at this very moment, shall I take a message? It had been driving her crazy. She wanted to go deeper with the Candidates, all of them preferably, but she would take only one if she had too, she just wanted something. Thankfully, after hours of phone calls and conferences and general nagging, Nadia had managed to get through the PR department of one such candidate. Getting an interview with Seraphine Snow would be good too, but she was going to work on that later, for now, she was making her way to the designated meeting area. Nadia had been very happy when Mr Matthias had consented for an interview. It was nothing formal, just a couple of questions to get the readers interested in Politics. After the Debate, some had been left with more questions then answers and she had to admit that she was rather curious herself. She'd done her research and already prepared a couple of questions going in, but of course she would have more during the interview. As any reporter knew, sometimes it was the questions that aren't answered that give more insight then the ones that are.

Smiling to herself and making sure she looked decently presentable, Nadia looked around to see if she could spot her man. Finally she did and she did a quick check to make sure she had everything she would need for the interview. They'd decided on a quiet little cafe, making it less formal and so she wasn't as nervous as she would normally be. However, he was still a very important figure in the community and interviewing him was going to go only one of two ways. She certainly hoped it went the right way. Walking over to Mr Matthias, Nadia smiled warmly and extended her hand to the man, before taking a seat across from him and dropping her bag to the floor. "Thank you so much for agreeing to meet with me." She told him, kicking open her bag and pulling out her notes. "I shouldn't take up too much of your time, Sir, hopefully we can get this over and done with quickly and efficiently." As much as she wanted to basically be in and out, she refused to use a quick quotes quill and so instead would be writing down his interview word for word. "Before we get started, let me just say that I admire what you are trying to do and all the best to you in your campaign." She smiled at him and flicked open her notebook. "Whenever you're ready, we can get started."

Meeting with a reporter was not his ideal way to spend an afternoon, which was why Mikhail Matthias was treating it as a meeting with someone that he could get along with famously. He looked forward to this meeting, and pretended that he would just talk with a regular person, not someone from the Daily Prophet. The last thing he wanted to do was to have his name slandered, but what sort of bad thing could he really say? Mikhail was a pleasant man, and he would remain as such. The woman he was meeting today was named Nadia Kaster, and it appeared that she might be related to the Carter Kaster. That last name couldn't be a coincidence. At least he would be at a cafe. Before he sat down, he got himself a cup of vanilla cappuccino before he sipped it. It was a cafe, so he was going to drink coffee! As soon as someone approached his table, a young woman, extended her hand and thanks him for agreeing to meet with her, he knew just who she was. He shook her hand warmly before he went back to holding his cappuccino. "The pleasure is all mine, Ms. Kaster."

She didn't want to take up his time, which was awfully sweet. But it wasn't like he had a wife and kids to go home to. No, he sacrificed that for a career. As much as he loved the Ministry, he wished he had a family, especially one that he could talk to. The closest of the brothers were Arman and Mikhail, and even now, he was embarrassed of Arman's behavior. "Take as long as you need to. My time is expendable, and I can spend all day with someone from the Daily Prophet without hindering any other tasks." He thought for a moment, completely neglecting her could-be plans. "Oh my, you could have other things to do too, so I'll make everything quick and painless if you like." When she said that she admired what he was trying to do with his campaign, he smiled and thanked her politely, before sipping his coffee. He added in, "Would you like one? My treat." One might think he was bribing, but they would confuse that with him being sweet, like he normally was. Rarely did anyone see him using his witty and sarcastic side. Only when he was aggravated. At any rate, he was ready to begin.

Nadia really loved her work. It was a passion she had developed a taste for whilst she was still in school and once she graduated and had promptly jumped at the chance to join the Daily Prophet. She always had a passion for writing and short of becoming an Author, which she didn't think she had the mindset for, Daily Prophet Journalist was the next best thing. This career was going to allow her many opportunities to meet interesting people, as well as travel to all sorts of places. Of course she usually always missed her time in New Zealand, but that was not too much of a problem. She always carried with her a means of contacting her family when she was lonely. Nadia smiled at Mr Mathias and shook her head. "Please, don't worry, Mr Matthias, I am here to work around your schedule." She hadn't booked anything else for today, incase this interview went longer then she expected, which could sometimes happen, though not often. "Feel free to answer as concisely or as much as you like." She grinned lightly at him then. She wanted to get to know the man behind the tie. What was he like when he wasn't in the public eye? What did he think of the other candidates? Did he really believe in what he was saying? Only time would tell.

Nadia was slightly shocked when she was offered a coffee. Under normal circumstances, she would have probably said no, but there was really no harm in accepting a coffee right? Thinking about it for a second, Nadia set up all of her notes and made sure, once more, that she had everything. She turned back to Mikhail and smiled. "That's very nice of you, thank you, I believe I will have one." Coffee was great for helping keep the mind active, so it would at least give her hands something to do if she wasn't writing. "I guess we should start with the most obvious question then?" She looked down at her notes and smiled. "What made you decide to pursue a career in Politics? Was it something you had been thinking about, or spur of the moment?" In most cases, she figured a decision like that would be something that required time, but she knew that there were occasions where they were made suddenly, it just happened sometimes.

The interview was going to be a nice one, with a nice reporter. That was good. Going into something like this did get him a little nervous from the get go. What if his words were twisted around? He didn't want to have to see that in the papers. And it could ruin his image. Mikhail was one of those that wanted to keep his image as true as he was. She agreed to the coffee, which was good. He didn't feel comfortable to drink his good drink in front of her while she could be parched. Mikhail waved someone over before he told the waitress politely to serve Nadia a coffee. He looked over toward the reporter once more and smiled. "It is pretty good coffee, if I say so myself." He had a lot of coffee from all over the world. He took another drink of his own, before he finished it. He only needed some caffeine. He would keep it to a minimum otherwise, he might end up getting too talkative. Mikhail didn't want to embarrass himself, or talk too much about his family that he doesn't see so much. He didn't get along with a lot of them, but he did get along with his drunken brother. His brother thought about running, but didn't get accepted like Mikhail did. But Arman had to take care of Troxa nowadays.

He raised an eyebrow over what an obvious question might be. What made him decide to pursue a career in politics? Mikhail thought over it for a moment, before he smiled, "Well, I worked with the Ministries from Russia and other countries, and I saw the good that they did, or could do. I did everything I could to help, but it wasn't really me that was truly helping. As soon as I saw that the position was open, I was inspiring to try to help out around here and perhaps protect against the growing threat of the Scitorari." Mikhail gave her a smile once he finished with that section. That was good. He thought that there was nothing that could be taken out of context there. He hoped not anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back