Interesting combo

Rosaline Mckay

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
13 1/2" Katalox Wood Wand with Chimera Scale core
Rosaline Jenane, was pregnant, and she had grown to accept that. Although her daughter was not pleased, there wasn't anything she could do about it - well there was, but she and Chavdar had decided against such measures, which she was a little relieved at. Now, Rosaline was starving, and craving something a little vineragy.. and something exceptionally sweet, which was why she walked down to the basement, tickled a pear and walked into the kitchen.

Rosaline rolled her eyes, seeing that there were no houseelves awake. It was only just past midnight, but then again, they cooked and cleaned all day, and in secret. So she slid out her wand, and summoned a bowl, a spoon, a fork, a jar of dill pickles and some ice cream. "Oh I'm so cliche," she thought aloud with a roll of her eyes.

Kalif had been a little distraught over having Chavdar impregnate a woman here at the school, despite their relationship, which was formerly in secret but now supposedly was out in the open. Well, it definitely is open now. He thought with a roll of his eyes. He glanced about the hall, and seeing none other than the pregnant woman herself up at this hour. He narrowed his eyes, watching her descend down the stairs to the kitchens. Smirking slightly, he chose to follow.

As silent as a snake, he entered the kitchens. Kalif's arms folded upon his chest, his gloved hands clinching his arms. This reminds me of Namina's nightly cravings when she was pregnant with all my children. He watched Rosaline and couldn't help but smirk. This had to be torture. They, her and Chavdar, weren't even married. And Chavdar wasn't the type to do such drastic things, and not commit either. Kalif murmured into the silence, "Up for a midnight snack, miss Rosaline?" He had a hint of amusement in his voice, and still sounded as cold as he ever did when he spoke with Rosaline.

"Up for a midnight snack, miss Rosaline?"

Rosaline turned her head cautiously, she could recognize this voice with ease. She met his gaze for a moment, and was distracted when the things she had summoned came towards her. She stopped it with a quick flourish of her wand then sent it over to the kitchen counter. "I missed supper because I was a little too into my novel," she lied, forgetting that Kalif had his own copy of Chavdar's family tree, which now had her on it.

Rosaline smiled at him, and asked curiously, "And yourself?" She gripped her wand tightly, wondering what he was going to do next. He seemed to know something, and she only hoped that it wasn't what she thought it could be.

Kalif simply rose an eyebrow at her response. His dark, stormy gazed down a fair bit, staring at her stomach if only for a moment before his gaze locked upon her eyes. Advancing toward her, he smirked slightly, "Interesting." He tapped his arm in an eerily fashion, a habit that he and his father shared. Kalif's smirk vanished, and his eyes did not blink as he murmured, "I suppose the odd mix of food has nothing to do with why you are on our family tree." He glanced about, making sure that no one was eavesdropping.

Kalif turned back to Rosaline. "I'm not here to judge or any of the sort. I just find it rather interesting that now the relationship is out in the open, you turn up..." Kalif glanced down at the floor before muttering, "You know what." Kalif continued to show no expression on his face. Although, she was going to be the mother of his new niece and nephew. Not that he cared. It wasn't like he wanted to be around Chavdar with a screaming baby anyway. Although, if Asparuh was to discover this, he wouldn't be too pleased. This made Kalif smirk slightly.

Rosaline frowned as Kalif looked at her stomach, and she took a sheepish step backwards. She wasn't one to back down usually, but she didn't have the power, at the moment, to protect herself and the babies properly. When Kalif's stormy gaze met her own, she hardened up, not moving at all when he came closer towards her, deciding that he would do as he bloody pleased, then would have to deal with the consequences. Not only with Chavdar but with her family. They may be full of back stabbers and Death Eaters but they didn't like anyone else messing around with their family. It was a complex situation.

Rosaline's gaze averted Kalif's when he mentioned that once their relationship was in the open, that she had turned up pregnant. She was ashamed of the fact that she didn't stop it. "Yes, I'm pregnant, and I have morning sickness as well, and am quite dizzy, so if you would like to give me a hard time about this, just do it later or owl me, because you are the least of my bloody worries," she said firmly, once she looked back into his eyes. She turned around and opened the jar of pickles, and picked one of the dill pickles off. Rosaline turned back around and looked at Kalif, waiting for his response as she took a small bite of the pickle.

Kalif gave her an odd stare when she said that he ought to wait on giving her a hard time. He said simply, "Why would I give you a hard time? Because technically, you are a part of my family. Thus, if I was to do anything rash, I would be isolating myself from the family." Kalif only disapproved of the situation in one way. And that was because Rosaline wasn't officially a Zhefarovich. Other than that, he could seriously careless. Kalif continued to tap his fingers upon his arm, distracting him from really acting out. His eyes remained stone cold and emotionless, as well as his face.

"Rosaline..." he faded off. His gaze went to the ground. He muttered out, as his stare slowly went back to her, "Be warned. Although Father may approve of your and Chavdar's relationship, but obviously, he didn't know how serious it was. Unless this pregnancy was simply an accident. However, from what I understand, your family won't be too pleased about it. You better be telling them soon. Otherwise, it would be an interesting explanation on how you are going to be gaining much weight over the months."

Kalif chuckled a bit in his throat. It too was an eerie sound, coming from a man such as himself. "I know nothing of the symptoms you are going through. How far along are you anyhow?" He was curious, and wanted to know how much time they had before the pureblood brat or brats were born. Kalif also wondered if she was going to have twins. It did run in the family, after all. Iulia and Prodan were twins, along with Vasilka and Vialine.

Rosaline smiled at Kalif as he said that he wouldn't give her a difficult time. "Honestly, I'm more worried how my own daughter takes having siblings more then Asparuh's resonse and my own families," she said with a shrug. Ludovic, wouldn't be a very difficult one to deal with. However Tamas, her older brother, and only living sibling, would probably be a little angered over this situation.

Rosaline let out an amused smirk when Kalif made a joke, it was a little awkward as well, but she still enjoyed it. "Approximately a month," she answered, with a small shrug. This wasn't the part she was nervous about, she was afraid that when she brought their children home something would happen to them. As odd as it seemed, she knew that she would love her children more then she could have ever loved Vaschel and would love Chavdar.

Kalif nodded slightly. It would all depend on the mood of Asparuh once he received the news. However, the response would more than likely be taken out on Chavdar rather than Rosaline. He always wanted pureblood grandchildren, though. Kalif restrained from rolling his eyes at his own thoughts. Kalif felt the need to point out, "I won't step into that business, unless it affects my family directly." Kalif then processed that Rosaline had a daughter already. He raised an eyebrow, "You have a daughter already?" He found it odd that she would, because she looked so young now.

Kalif smirked slightly, "A month. Well, you have a long way to go." He hasn't dealt with a pregnant woman since Kailie was in the womb. And quite frankly, he never liked a pregnant woman's attitude, as well as their mood swings. Namina was horrible when she was pregnant. Kalif had made sure that he wasn't around during that time. "After the child is born, I suppose we will be related through...it." Kalif didn't care for another sibling, whether it be blood or not. Well, Kalif never really cared for much anyhow.

"You have a daughter already?"

Rosaline nodded her head softly and said, "Through adoption." She shrugged her shoulders, it wasn't that big a deal, besides if Vaschel was still alive she would have already been a mother, and probably would not be in this situation at all. As Kalif said that she had a long way to go, she nodded. "Of course," she responded ilghtheartedly. When he went on to say that they would be related through she and Chavdar's child. "Don't sound so enthusiastic there Kalif," she joked with a roll of her eyes, finding his.. well what ever he was feeling she was amused by it highly.

Kalif nodded a bit approvingly. Through adoption. Well, that was better than having one at a young age. Not that he should be saying much, for his sister was extremely young for being pregnant, and he never said anything. How he wanted that to change, but alas, the past was the past. Kalif smirked slightly, “I am very overwhelmed to be having another sister.” Sarcasm coated his voice, and he finally shrugged. His eyes were void of any emotion, and his voice was empty. He honestly did not care about this entire situation. Sure, Rosaline was on his good side, but did he really care about her? If he did, it was very little. And that alone was a lot for Kalif. “And how about you? What are you feelings about being brought into my, or rather our family?” This peeked his interest very much.

Aurora seriously spent to much time in the astronomy tower, gazing at the stars, it was like her life. As she was sitting there looking up, she wondered if anyone would notice if she 'borrowed' a snack from the Kitchens, it couldn't be that much of a sin, right? Well she tip toed down the stairs, if anyone caught her well, she'd probably lose her balance and collapse and roll down the stairs. She eventually got to the bottom, she noticed it was dark, and the candles were beginning to burn out, she took her wand from her pocket and with a flourish of it she pronounced "lumos" she face lit up, she squinted and carried on, she reached the entrance of the 'lower levels'. "Creepy" she whispered to herself.

She walked down and came to a halt in the middle of the stair case, there was talking, the voices sounded awfully familiar, and they couldn't of been students, they sounded to adult. She paced herself quietly, and quickly peered round the corner. She knew one of them to be the herbology professor, he always seemed to be a dodgy character to Aurora and Rosaline, the Hogwarts Librarian seemed, reasonably ok. She managed to pluck the courage to walk down and face them. "Ehem" she stated softly, announcing her presence.

Rosaline smirked at Kalif's sarcasm, and was about to answer his question, when a woman she vaguely remembered came into site. She rolled her bright blue eyes for a moment, then said, "Hello Merrythought." She glanced over to Kalif and responded in Bulgarian, "I too, am overwhelmed at having another sibling."

Rosaline smirked for a moment then glanced back at the woman and asked, less the curiously, "Evening class?"

Kalif felt another person with him and Rosaline. He turned around to hear a voice, and he recognized her vaguely. He saw that it was the Astronomy professor. One that he did not know much at all. He greeted in his cold, casual manner, "Evening, professor." He heard what Rosaline said in Bulgarian, and smirked slightly. He murmured in Bulgarian, "I'm sure." Kalif turned his attention to the new person, and was about to ask what she was doing down here, but Rosaline seemed to have had the same thoughts as him, and questioned first. Kalif remained utterly and eerily quiet.

"Well actually I just came down to get a snack" she smiled. "But talking about evening class's I do have a late night class with my sixth years" she added. "But, I am intrigued why you two are down here" she grinned, taking a bite from one of the muggle biscuits, unaware of what it was, she looked rather baffled it "...digestives?" she whispered, she took a bit and reluctantly swallowed it "Urgh, that is vile..." she wiped her mouth and popped it in the bin. "What ever happened to pumpkin juice seasoned bread?" she asked, not expecting a answer, more of a rhetorical question.

Rosaline nodded her head, then smirked once and said, “I was quite enthralled with a novel I was reading, so I missed dinner, and Kalif was just telling me that he was doing his rounds.” She flicked her wand toward the food she had laid out, getting rid of the ice cream, but summoned a pickle. She would have some ice cream at a later time, when a professor that wasn’t aware of her condition was around. “I’m sure if you summon it you’ll be able to get some,” she answered Merrythought’s rhetorical question.

Kalif listened to the professor’s explanation, as he stood quietly. The death eater glanced at the floor, recalling his son’s schedule. No, Jaken had dropped Astronomy. Kalif’s eyes locked on the two women, finding himself slightly uncomfortable around the two. However, under certain circumstances, he was standing with his sister. Not by blood, though, which was a relief. Five siblings were enough. Kalif raised an eyebrow at Professor Merrythought as she whispered something about something being vile. He saw that it was a muggle food, and restrained from rolling his dark eyes. The man smirked slightly when Rosaline summoned a pickle, and explained why they were down in the kitchens. It was not the truth, but he went along with it. Kalif shrugged and muttered, “That is why I don’t have muggle food.”

"Hm. I never seemed to have a tongue for pickles, how about you, Professor?" she asked. "I really can't blame you either, muggle food... is just... weird" she added, sucking on her tongue as if she had something sour. "Well I don't tend to do the magical way of things, Rosaline, I always do things the muggle way" she laughed a little. "Actually, that's an idea for a detention, might make some pumpkin juice, it makes a change from the usual detentions of taking them on extra field trips, I always try and make students detentions happy and enjoyable, I would feel so guilty just letting them sit there, what a waste of their life" she sighed.

Rosaline couldn't help but roll her eyes when Merrythought said that she preferred to do things the muggle way. "I've only ever known one person to do things.. the muggle way," she said, trying her very hardest not to cring in disgust at the thought of muggles. It had been very difficult for her even to think of Vaschel of something other then a mudblood when they first reunited after Durmstrang, but had gotten over him being a muggleborn long before they were engaged.

Rosaline's eyes darkened, and her expression was unreadable. She was hidding her emotions towards Vaschel's death especially now that she was pregnant out of wed lock with Chavdar's child. Her stomach knotted with guilt but still she responded to Aurora's words about making a detention enjoyable. "Excuse me Professor, but detentions are not supposed to be a reward, they are supposed to teach said student to refrain from such actions in the future, and by making their detentions enjoyable for them, you are supporting their deliquency," she said in a matter-of-factly tone to her voice.

Kalif shook his head and stated shortly, "No, professor." He turned his head sharply at Rosaline, and couldn't help but wonder who that person was. He kept thinking that he had seen Rosaline's history, and if only he could just remember. Kalif kept his eyes on Rosaline and said, "My wife prefers the muggle way, but I am working her out of it." He then smirked, pinpointing who Rosaline was talking about. That filthy mudblood husband of hers. If they were alone, he would gladly bring up that man's name. Vaschel. Kalif thought harshly, I wonder if this situation brings up any old feelings for the deceased man.

Kalif forced himself to gaze upon the young woman, Aurora. He heard Rosaline's words, and shook his head. He said in a cold voice, "I try to make my detentions worthwhile and teach them a reason to not misbehave. Punishments should never be 'fun and frolic'. I did retain keeping this one girl out of detention and just seeing what was wrong with her. I am sure that her lesson has been learned, for now." The undercover death eater rolled his dark eyes. He managed to give two Gryffindors detention, and he hasn't heard a single prank that involved them after their detention.

"I find it's a better way to communicate with the student, and I also don't tend to keep the the medieval methods that some people practice within the school" she replied softly, her American accent coming through quite strongly. "I also do not think it's fair to put a human being inside a room for an hour - they are not animals, they are children" she added. Aurora wasn't your stereotypical pure blood, she welcomed everyone with opens arms, but the funny thing is, is that she would never marry someone who is not pure blood, which is a little hypocritical. "I completely agree with you professor, but I think your missing the point that punishments do not all have to be spiteful and down right unjustified, it isn't like they broke the law is it?" she stated, her voice it's normal dreamy state.

Rosaline stared down Kalif with equal intensity when he snapped his head over to her, she could tell that he was trying to think it over. This was the one thing she was not going to bring up to people who she didn't trust, and especially not in front of the blood traitor. "Medival methods of punishments were brought out of the schools years ago," she stated, using the colder tones to her voice, but that was directed at Kalif, who was smirking at her. He knew, he had read her history and he knew all about Vaschel. She gave him a warning glare, she would have absolutely no problems using magic to her full power, although she was a little weak at the moment due to the pregnancy.

"These are the laws of the castle, and they should abide by them," Rosaline retorted to Merrythought's inquiry. She began to roll her eyes but stopped just as soon as she had started because she was feeling that she was becoming a tad dizzy. I don't do well with pregnancy, she thought, being reminded of when she was pregnant with Vaschel's child, she had these symptoms, but ten times worse. "However, since the incident with that Hufflepuff child, there have been less problems, at least by my tab," she added as an afterthought.

Kalif smirked and laughed in his mind, though no expression came across his face, when Rosaline's voice became colder, and shot a warning glare at them. He shrugged slightly, "Communicating with that...Koshiba girl was perhaps the only thing that I could do, because it seemed like she was wanting a detention. Although, Rosaline is right. The students must abide by the laws of the castle. This school gives children the chance of learning magic and they should take advantage of it, but not the school itself." Kalif was strict with his policy, and his classroom was the same as well. Although, he rarely punished anyone, only those two Gryffindor children.

"I only use what is necessary. I give options to whether the students want to clean up the mess they made, or write an essay. I have only gave detentions one time. The other two incidents were misunderstandings, and all I did was speak to them about it." Kalif thought that it was rather odd that one of the student's cousins that he had for class during the first term came in to apologize. Kalif stared once more at Rosaline, who seemed to have gotten dizzy a bit. Kalif stated, "That one prank, with that fake Hufflepuff Prefect's death was necessary in my eyes. Though, I do have a feeling that there will be issues next year." Kaleb was coming to school, and from what he heard from Chavdar, he was up to no good. He was relieved that Jaken was out of the havoc wreaking stages, but Kaleb seems to be getting in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back