Inspiration

Damien Blade

OOC First Name
Johanna
Damien walked along the fifth floor corridor. He had no paticular destination.He had just let the stairs lead him somewhere. he had never been to this part of the castle before though.There wasn't anything very remarkable about the place.he had his guitar strapped around his back. He brought it around with him to most places except for class. Since telling Hariah about his past he seemed to be getting more inspiration fro songs. It was why he also always carried a small manuscript and pencil with him always. The manuscript was almost full and he knew he would have to send an owl to his aunt to send him a new one. Luckily manuscripts weren't that expensive so he knew she would be able to afford one.

As he walked down the corridor he pasted a door. Walking back he opened the door and was surprised to fin himself in a bathroom. a pretty abandoned looking one at that.There was water all over the floor and there wasn't that nice of a smell either. Still he continued in more out of curiousity than anything else.he heard a scuttling noise coming from one of the cubicals. He walked over and saw a rat. Disgusted he turned away and walked further into the bathroom. he didn't know why but he felt a song come to his head. He sat down on the edge of the sink and took out his guitar,pencil and manuscript. He started with the notes first and after a half an hour he had completed the notes he was beginning the words when he heard a noise.

All was actually boring for today, to be honest. Benjamin Chase wandered around the whole castle and found nothing to actually be entertained with. Not even a single owl flew past by him and the boy hasn't received any letters lately from his mother. Usually, he'd actually receive short yet meaningful letters every week that just came from his mother. Now that he was currently residing in Hogwarts and away from the Chase Manor, it was much more difficult to contact all of his family members easily. It would take almost thirty to sixty minutes just for an ordinary school owl to deliver his messages to his family, especially for his younger sibling. Benjamin frowned and shook his head absently with his hands inside his pockets. Everything took time whenever Benjamin moved or has to suffer with something new. Benjamin took that in mind and decided to never forget it, just as a reminder on why he was feeling that way. Anyways, he also realized that almost everyone he was actually meeting were all bloody Gryffindors. He had a few eye contacts with his fellow Slytherins, but most of the conversations he had were with the Lions. Was he being a traitor to the Slytherin House? He hoped not.

There were no certain location to go to in the Slytherin's mind, but his feet dragged him anyways to the said lavatory that he heard being talked about days ago. It was actually abandoned already because of the toilets and faucets that were said not to work there. And the elves? Within his knowledge, Benjamin thought that the elves were supposed to manage these stuff and actually find a way to repair them easily. With their advanced magic, he sure could bet one fourth of his own savings that even ordinary elves are able fix anything they seem worthy doing. Benjamin's silent footsteps were completely silent for no one to hear that he was there to arrive. He looked at the door that he believed led to the Antiquated Lavatory that he heard a couple of older Slytherin girls talking about. A huge 'creeeeeeeeek' was heard and the boy held his breath. He fully opened the door and spotted a boy, almost as his age and he exhaled out the air he held for a couple of seconds. "Why doing that here in this lavatory?" He gave him a quizzical look after questioning him with such a real statement of honesty. The other student looked like he was composing music, since he was a holding a guitar that Benjamin recognized. He was not sure if it came from the Muggle World though. The boy put back his hands in his pockets and stepped in while waiting for his answer. The bathroom was slightly cooler than outside, but everything was out of date. It was rusty and really dirty. But some were clean to sit on or maybe even lean on, if there's a chance.

Damien wasn't sure why a song had come to him here,a bathroom but he didn't really mind. The place didn't smell as bad,now he was used to it.He remembered when his aunt would be making music,the house would be full of her singing or playing the piano. He loved those times because he loved his aunt's voice,she was a gifted pianist and he loved listening to her playing all the classics and her own pieces.he had been writing to her around three times every two weeks,he had found out that she had been accepted and had received a scholarship for some famous music collage or something like that. Damien was delighted for her as she had given up her dreams when she had taken him in.He would always be in her debt for that,he would probably be an abandoned kid at the street if she hadn't,she had been the only person in the world who had wanted him,her brother and his girlfriend had't wanted him,because they might actually have to grow up then. Sometimes though Damien would wonder what were his parents like and he felt betrayed and hurt by them.

It was while he thought about this that the words of the song came to his head it was a sad song but it went with the notes.It was more a song of loss and betrayl.He had the first verse and chorus done when he heard a large creek,he looked up and saw a boy around his age standing in the bathroom. Damien was a bit freaked out that he hadn't heard him appear.When he asked his question Damien looked at him "Isn't it kind of obvious?he said pointing at his guitar and music. He hadn't meant it in a mean way,it was just pretty obvious what he was doing "If its isn't,I'm composing a song,and what are you doing here?"He asked curiously. Not much people came down here but maybe like Damien he was exploring.

Benjamin rolled his eyes at the other boy. What was there to be obvious anyways? Perhaps he misheard or misunderstood the Slytherin completely wrong. Benjamin was asking for a reason that he completely did not know of. What was there to be obvious? Was it because of the silence? Or maybe it was just completely isolated from the past years already? The Slytherin did not really know or would actually want to know, but he just kept his own questions to himself. The young male student raised a dark eyebrow in front to completely show his confusion with the response of the boy. The boy shook his head with his own lips smirking for some reason. He also did not want to actually get in confusion with this other student, especially if he was just one of those Gryffindors. All the friends that he has made were actually all Gryffindors, and Benjamin did not like it totally. It was actually quite ruining his reputation as a Slytherin and a Pure Blood, even though he was not prejudiced just like the others who believed that their blood were superior to the Muggle Borns. "I heard about this abandoned place and I decided to take a look here." The boy casually shrugged and went to one of the mirrors to check if ever he was still looking neat with his morning shower. Ben fixed his hair, as if it was just normal for him to do that every single day of his life. He ruffled it a bit, to look more playful to the eye. For some reason, the Slytherin loved doing that with his own black hair. It was some kind of a hobby. He was also vain, which was not surprising. He turned away from the mirror and walked to the sink that the boy was seated on and leaned against the other sink instead of sitting down. "So you're composing a song inside a malfunctioning lavatory?" He had a small devilish grin on his handsome features. No wonder this boy was actually strange seconds ago. It is because he does not know where to actually be comfortable with he thought immaturely.

It was only after a few minutes that Damien realized he had heard the boys question wrong.Who ever the person was,was probably confused and for a minutes Damien felt bad but if the boy really was confused he would probably ask.Damien was sure he recognized the boy from his year though he wasn't in his house.While the boy seemed to be thinking Damien continued writing down the lyrics as he came to his head.He had completed the second verse when the boy spoke again.Damien looked up and nodded "Same"He said before looking down at the sheet again.But after a few minutes he gave up because there were no creative juices flowing at the moment,when he looked up the boy was leaning on the sink beside him.Damien couldn't help but smile "I guess it kind of looks like that,but no I happened to be looking around when a song came to my head,it happens like that all the time,that's why I always bring my guitar and manuscript with me"Damien said putting his music back in his bag.He would try later because,it would be kind of rude to do it write in front of this boy."I'm Damien by the way"He said grinning and putting out his hand.

Ben slightly nodded and now understood his response, thank Merlin. When Ben heard stories about old things that seemed interesting as their topic, there was nothing that will stop him to go to that destination just so he could see for himself the features of the place and how nice or bad it was. Some places that he regretted going to were awful and he did not want to go back there anymore. One was when he went to this abandoned shack when he was just nine years old, and he kept tripping because of the things that were on the floor. There were also magical enchantments there, and some even made Ben have some bruises after. It was a ridiculous experience. Sometimes, Ben wondered how he got all these courage to wander and discover such things. He knew that all of these were part of the 'Gryffindor bravery' as other people would call it. "That's heavy." Benjamin commented, motioning his head very slightly to the boy's guitar. Ben himself was not really a big fan of music but he loved how it never failed to calm him down whenever someone got under his nerves which was quite rare in California. He thought that only women were there to compose music and it was not really manly enough for a male to do it. But here is a male student, almost his age, composing music and it was also probably his hobby. What a hobby, Benjamin thought, at the same time visioned himself trying to compose music. He pictured himself having a migraine after all the thinking that he has done and nothing has been written on his paper. The Slytherin watched his companion in a casual way and waited for him to put away his composed music inside his bag. He then noticed that the other male was planning for the introductions and Benjamin smiled in the same fashion as his companion did. "Hey mate. Benjamin Chase. Slytherin House." He smirked at the words 'Slytherin House' because of his underestimating pride for the Snakes. He then shook the hand of Damien Blade and had an idea that this boy was not in Slytherin. The boy never favored any house except for the Slytherin House, because of its qualities that so apply to him always. The was only loyal to those who were loyal back to him. If not, then an automatic enemy would be there for Benjamin.

Damien knew the boy wasn't in Gryffindor as he hadn't seen him in the common room.He wasn't sure what house he was in but there was something about him that would made Damien think he was a Slytherin,maybe it was his stance,the aura around him,Damien didn't know but he didn't really care what house he was in,it made no difference to him.Damien looked at his guitar "Well I guess I've been carrying that around with me since i was like seven so I suppose I just got used to it"Damien said looking at his guitar.It was true,he barely noticed it anymore,it was like it was part of his body mass.Some people might find that strange but when this was basically his most prized possession and really his only. All he had were a few pairs of clothes, an old pair of converse and vans and his school materials.Music was his 'thing' and he liked soccer and quidditich was becoming one of his favorite subjects now,so you could say they were his hobbies.Damien nodded his hunch had been correct,the by called Ben was obviously proud of this but Damien wasn't exactly sure what each house meant,he had only been introduced to the magical world about three months ago "Cool"Damien said grinning "So how do you like the school?"Damien asked

The bathroom was dirty. That's all what mattered for Benjamin right now. He did not really focus on the conversation, but he more of thought about his surroundings. It was obviously deserted already for more than a year because of its cracks and dust on the sinks and some of the continuous water spilling on some corners. The corners of his eye got him more information about it, but he also tried to talk to the Damien. Ben was preoccupied, but he did not show any action of this. He was perfectly calm, but not totally focused on the other male. His eyes were making direct eye contact, but his mind was not present. Probably only 40% of his brain was part of their conversation. Benjamin naturally blinked the hell out of himself and brought himself back to the present. It was a good thing that he caught the response of Damien anyways. The sly boy nodded, understanding all the information that was being told to him. "Such a fan." Benjamin muttered to himself knowing that Damien would not be able to hear him. His voice was only for him to hear, and he doubted that Damien even saw him move his lips. The boy was perfect at doing this event though he was just an eleven year old kid. The boy folded his arms together and walked to a small elevated spot, just on the tiles and sat as if he were sitting on the stairs. He already had enough with leaning on that nasty sink, that was making his hip ache already. A good spot to sit down contented him already.

Benjamin did not really get how this boy could just say cool about his house. It was far more than that stupid remark, 'cool.' It was wonderful and an honorable experience to be part of that house. In the future, he'd happily say that he was part of Slytherin. Just like his father, he'd be a 'Slytherin Alumni' to the eye of others. Ben did not comment back anymore, knowing that he'd just start an argument if ever he'd compare Slytherin to the other houses, especially Gryffindor. "What's yours?" The boy asked, hoping that this guy would not say that he was in Gryffindor. He did not want that to see it coming out from his lips and it would be another Lion for Benjamin's friend list. So far, he has been meeting up with three Gryffindors, including this boy. The Slytherin frowned at his failing progress to make friends with the Slytherins. "Fine. I'm quickly adjusting to it, thankfully. You coping up quickly?" Benjamin gave his newest friend a look of curiosity. He squinted his eyes to do so and he readied his ears out. If he had the magical blood, he should be able to reply in an easy manner, since almost all kids new that they are going to attend Hogwarts New Zealand. Unless some of them would decide to go to either Beauxbatons Academy or Durmstrang Institute. The Slytherin had no love for both schools, thinking that Hogwarts was always the best to attend.

Damien wasn't sure what to think of Benjamin.He seemed pretty okay but Damien sensed that if he even did one little thing wrong,he would turn against him.Now this could just be Damien's imagination but he was wary none the less.Maybe after a while he wouldn't feel the same.Damien shifted so he was more comfortable on the sink.He took a quick look at his surrondings.He wondered why the bathroom was abandoned,there seemed to be nothing wrong with except the fact it was dirty and the drains were broken but surely magic could of fixed that.Well it was beyond Damien's help now and probably had been for years before this.He had know idea how old the school was,he didn't even know if this was the only school.surely Hogwarts New Zealand didn't consist of the whole wizardring population. He should really read more.This was going to his home for the next seven years,he may as well learn something about it.he thought he heard a noise but after a few seconds he didn't hear anything so he shrugged to himself and watched Ben sit down on the stairs.Another unusual feature in a bathroom but then again witches and wizards could have different style to muggles.

Damien looked at the colorful patterns on the windows.There were different designs of weird looking creatures on them Damien hadn't started care of Magical Creatures so he had no idea what they were,but they looked cool and interesting."Gryffindor"Damien said hoping off the sink and walking to the windows.According to older students Slytherins and Gryffindors were enemies.Damien didn't know why,clash of personalities? or they just didn't like each other.Damien didn't care,he hadn't been brought up in a magical family he had no idea of the history between the two houses or any of the other houses. "Yeah it's okay"Damien said. When you ad never learned to read or write properly or go to a goes school,entering here is a bit of a shock to the system.His homework took a long time but he was coping quite well for someone in his situation."So were you brought up magical or is this all new"Damien asked walking around the bathroom.he wasn't sure if it was a personal question but he couldn't take it back now.

And it was totally confirmed. The people that he just made relationships with were all Gryffindors and it hurt Benjamin a lot. Not to mention that probably most of them were Half Bloods. Of course, Pure Bloods nowadays were rare to meet up with, and that left no choice for Ben to make friends with these Half Bloods. At least, they still contained the magical blood. Benjamin followed the direction of Damien's gaze and spotted this window which was not so unique for him. It was nothing unusual, since he has seen some of these kinds of architecture in other places. Not specifically in the Chase Manor but somewhere in exhibits that are held around the world. His mother is the one that usually brings him up to these kinds of hobbies but up to now, he still can't understand the joy of viewing such things. "What's up with the window?" Benjamin questioned, still remaining in his same spot without any movement at all. He did not find looking at the window exciting and interesting anyways. They were fragile and a block way to the outside world. The boy did not necessarily like adventure, but he always craved for the cool air outside. It was always what he needed whenever he felt gloomy or bored. Air itself can keep him company. "Magical. My parents came from Hogwarts a long time ago. I suspect same goes with you." Benjamin smirked a little, daring to get a little deeper into Blade's personality and little secrets. But with Blade's back turned away from him, he kept his aura clean but his thoughts a little playful to know more information about this boy. His emerald eyes carefully watched the other boy, to see whether he'd immediately turn his head on him. If so, he would have to make that smirk disappear quickly. That would be easy anyways.

Damien looked at Benjamin when he asked about the window "Oh nothing,they just look pretty cool"Damien said his voice quiet.He felt tired,just worn out.Coming here had been a big step for him,he had never really been to a proper school so to be given all this work suddenly,it was a shock to the system.He was more used to it now but right now he just felt fed up. "Well no,I've grown up in the muggle world,my parents left me when I was young so I don't know what type of blood status or whatever they call it I am"Damien said yawning.He didn't notice the deeper meaning to the statement.Maybe if he had been listening more carefully or even cared he might of noticed but frankly he didn't care at the moment.It was unfair to the fellow student but Damien just felt drained.He wanted to go to bed but he found Benjamin interesting,he wouldn't mind him as a friend.He hadn't seen much Slytherins,Hufflepuffs or Ravenclaws.Just Gryffindors,people like him.Well he had seen them,in class and around the school but e hadn't talked to anyone that wasn't in his class.Anyone he had met had been from his own house.Funny that,it was like he was just drawn to them.Most of his friends were girls too,which was unsettling for the boy.How his former friends would of laughed at him.Would of called him gay and lots of other names,Damien knew what he was and really that was all that mattered but sometimes its kind of hard to put that into practice.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry I'm not very inspirational at the moment,lots of things going on at the moment

Benjamin looked at Damien's direction. Ben looked at the boy and the he cocked his head to the side. He observed the other guy intently while trying to figure out what in the world was wrong with this kid. His tone with his response to the Slytherin was simple. As if he just wanted this conversation to be a normal one, with no fights or anything. Benjamin, being a Slytherin always gets into fights with other people. Typical Slytherin, he is. There were also some Slytherins who had their own ambitious personality inside them. They just did not want the other people to see it whenever they speak. Benjamin only knew these kinds of of Snakes. They were quiet, yet observant and they carefully pick what their next step will be. "You look worn out, mate. You stressed or what?" Benjamin gave the boy a small curious look before even shuffling to the side. There was about two feet between his previous spot and his new one. For one thing, Ben just wanted to know about the boy's side. They were already in Hogwarts for more than a month! Who would actually still be coping up? The boy never thought that those muggle kids and those people who had unknown blood could still be adjusting, because of their new home. The Slytherin was a Pure Blood and he was all used to this magical stuff. Being in Hogwarts did no harm to him at all. "Oh. Sorry to hear about that. What do you think your blood status is anyways?" Benjamin thought of the pride of being a Pure Blood. He wondered if ever the boy would answer and approve of himself being a Pure Blood. Pure Bloods were already rare in the school. Out of ten people, Benjamin can estimate that only 3 people were the Pure Bloods. Half Bloods were already dominating the castle, and he sadly wanted a friend having the same status as his.

Damien could tell that Benjamin sensed something was wrong.Damien sighed.What was wrong with him?He was never like this,he was usually happy and energized.he guessed the school was just getting to him.Most kids would probably of settled down by now and Damien probably would have too except he had never had to do homework before and he could barely read or write.He again cursed his ability to be normal,like everyone else.Why did he have to be different?What had he done to deserve his crap start in life.Damien knew he was just feeling sorry for himself and that would get him no where but it did feel just the tiniest bit better.Damien looked up when the boy talked.He smiled "This is all just knew,never really went to school before"Damien said stopping,knowing the boy probably didn't care about his messed up start in life.He heard the boy shuffle closer to him,he wondered why people's blood was so important.What did it define? How could blood play any part in your magical ability.Didn't it just pump the oxygen around your body? "I honestly don't know,I don't think my dad was magical because my aunt isn't"Damien said,his mood perking up a bit."So I'm guessing your a....is it pureblood?" Damien asked,he guessed he was if his parents went here,it was kind of obvious.Damien wished he had somebody he could talk to about all his magical problems,he aunt tried to help but she knew as much as he did.

"I see. Sit down. You look tired." Benjamin nodded thoughtfully as Damien explained about his vague past. He was not always the person who would think about the other person's life. Usually, he'd just backbite to those who disliked him because of his blood, status, riches and power. A Slytherin like him was just like the rest of those Slytherins. They were judged most of the time, just because they want to prove their worthiness towards others. Benjamin frowned at his expectation, thinking that this boy could probably be a Pure Blood. It was also unusual for the first year Snake to think about this with others, since he was the type to just talk to them but not about their blood status. "Maybe your mother is then. Sooner or later, you'll know." The boy did not know whether what he just said was true or not, but he sure hoped that Damien would see his parents. The Slytherin just hoped that he was a Pure Blood. If he was, then he was not worthy to be placed in the Gryffindor House. Slytherin would probably be the best for him. "Yes. Pure Blood is the term." Benjamin both answered the boy's question not that clear enough, but he did not care if Damien did not get him or not. The boy wanted a normal conversation. But he also smirked at the idea that maybe this guy would tell the others about his personality then the rest would be astonished. Benjamin was the kind of guy to be arrogant. But this time, it was just totally different side of him.

Damien nodded and sat down on the window sill.He was feeling better now,the exams were nearly finished and the Yule Ball was coming up.He wondered if Ben was going.Damien was going with Hariah as friends some people had just given him a sly grin when he had said that obviously not believing that they were going as friends but it was the truth none the less.He and Hariah were really good friends and since Damien hadn't any plans they had agreed to go together.He didn't really want to talk about his type of blood to him it was o negative nothing else.he wondered how did people get their magical abilities,surely it didn't come from your blood type.Damien didn't think that was true because there were plenty of muggle-born who were very good at magic.Damien nodded,though he didn't completely agree.he hadn't seen his parents in ten years it was unlikely that he would see them again.Maybe he would though,but he could easily of passed them in the street he didn't know what they looked like.he had been a few days old when they had given him to his aunt,Chloe had no pictures of either of them,he guessed he probably looked like them but when you were passing someone in the street tit was hard to look at their features close enough."So are you going to the Yule Ball?"He asked curiously

It was a good thing the day was a bit breezy, for Benjamin just hated the heat. Heat was something that irritated his skin. Gave him rashes sometimes when he had too much of it. Ben watched as Damien sat down next to the window, but not next to him. Sunlight was much more a pain in the a** for Ben, and he avoided summer all the time. He rarely went out the castle when summer came along, because of the striking heat that could bring rashes to his fair skin. Benjamin let go of his thoughts about heat, thinking that it might even bring heat inside the malfunctioning lavatory that the two boys shared. His feelings toward the Gryffindor were still not decided, for he still remained a Lion. Gryffindors were all that Benjamin personally knew, (mainly their names though) but at least he's made an effort to socialize with the other people, even though they remained in a different house. "No. There's no use in spending my night in that party." Benjamin wrinkled his nose after saying this, just hating the said event. He grew with his mother bringing up parties for them. His whole family. Hell, he hated it with his fellow cousins. They rarely even talked with one another. Most of the time, they would stay with their parents, or just walk around the manor. Their parties were held in different manors, sometimes in the theirs, but sometimes in the others. Also, the attire they needed to wear required to be formal, making Benjamin's mood sour.

Thoughts of what can happen in the Yule ball flooded his mind causing Benjamin to lean a little forward. He placed his hand on his palm while it rested on his knee. His fellow companion was even going to the stupid event! Why, do people even think those parties are absolutely fun? The parties in the Chase manor were something usual and it always happened every month. Twice or thrice the most. Benjamin briefly looked at Damien before speaking to him. Damien had the looks, and he was also confident on what he says. At least, Benjamin thought so. "I suppose you're going. Who's your partner?" The Slytherin asked, with a smirk on his face. The smirk was something playful and curious at the same time, wanting to know who was that girl who this guy invited out. Benjamin was something who was not really into those relationships, yet he enjoyed teasing people with what their relationship status is. Relationships do not usually last long, but he knew that there were also some who just lasted forever. His mother and father also had these problems to deal with most of the time, concerning Hogwarts, financial things, his little sister, their family problems, etc. It was discussed in their dark master bedroom, where his mother and father sleep. The first year was definitely not allowed to hear any of their conversation, because of his immature age to deal with it.

The windows in the bathroom were open and Damien wondered who had opened them and the left the bathroom in such disarray.The breeze was blowing into the bathroom and it was nice and refreshing.In america the weather had been pretty unpredictable,the summers usually weren't that warm and snow usually fell in the winter.here in New Zealand it was weird to be celebrating Christmas is such heat and it would be weird going back to snow when he returned home in a few days.He was looking forward to going home,he missed his aunt and he was curious as to what she had to tell him.Damien smiled at Benjamin's comment on the Yule Ball..He wondered why he didn't like them,maybe it just wasn't his cup of tea,which was perfectly alright but he just wondered what did people who didn't go to the Yule Ball actually do on that night.Damien didn't really know what to expect since he had never been to one.

He raised his eyebrows when he leaned forward,what was going through his mind.People seemed to have a very different view to partners in the Yule Ball then he did.he and Hariah were going as friends and that was it,he didn't feel anything for her and he hoped the feeling was mutual.From the look Benjamin was giving him he had a feeling if he said Hariah he would make a wrong assumption. "Yes"He said cautiously "I'm going with Hariah as friends"he said wondering did Benjamin know her.

Of course, Damien was going with someone to the Yule Ball. Benjamin's expectations were high, and it was true enough for him not to be humiliated. The other boy started the subject, and Benjamin always had this little feeling that whenever the other person starts a subject, it would always be him that would have this or would attend this. The topic starter would always have this and that. Hell, some people even boasted their things to the young Slytherin, not knowing that he could actually by millions in them without no care about the price. His family members though, were rather quiet about their fortune. The Chase members did not really settle in just like those families who thought they were the best Pure Bloods. It was about time that they get some silence from the wizarding communities. Benjamin lost interest of thinking about his family, as he heard Damien respond to his question. The name caused Benjamin's eyes to bulge out of its socket. "You mean Hariah Meadow? Good luck with her." Uttered the Slytherin, with a surprised look on his face. He and the Gryffindor usually did not really get along because of Hariah's stubborn personality and Benjamin's ignorant attitude. He still did not know if he should consider as an enemy or maybe a friend that was sort of name basis only.

Damien had never danced before in public,his aunt had taught him a step or two but he was far from good.that was his only worry about this stupid ball,he would have to dance and he afraid he would embarrass Hariah and himself.He wasn't even sure what type of dancing it would be,formal informal Damien didn't know but either way he would be a small bit of trouble.He hadn't thought about the dancing until after he and Hariah had agreed,he had been fretting over it since.His suit had arrived yesterday and he was worried about how much his aunt had spent on it.It looked pretty expensive but he did love the shoes.They weren't the traditional black shoes that went with a suit more like high tops which he loved.He wasn't into fashion but he did love those sort of shoes.Damien tired not to laugh as Benjamin's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. he wondered what Hariah had done to get that sort of a reaction,he would ask her about Benjamin tomorrow night,it would be interesting to see what she would say "Why do you say that?"He asked curiously trying not to grin,he found the reaction amusing.

Benjamin almost sensed that his reaction was actually amusing for Damien and he immediately regretted it. Ben was someone who always chose his actions, and this was actually spontaneous for him. His reaction was usually something casual or smug, just like he always is, but it was unusual for the Slytherin to actually do this. He just hoped Damien would not speak of him when he would encounter Hariah Meadow, his fellow first year classmate. She was unfortunately a Gryffindor, and Benjamin had something against stubborn, ugly and filthy Gryffindors. Those were major turn offs for him, by the way. Along the road of being a first year, all of the people that he has been meeting up with were unfortunately Gryffindors. Damn, he wanted a Pure Blood friend at least, so that he would be able to be okay with Hogwarts. Among all, he was the only Pure Blood. But that did not stop him from being actually interacting with the Lions. His pride for his house were the ones that would cover him from all the backstabbing that those stupid Lions have done to him. "Stop that Blade. You're making it even worse." Commented the boy, with a defeated look on his face. His last name made something bug him about it. Ben just hoped that this kid was used to be called by his surname. If he just did not get along with the male Gryffindor, then maybe Mudblood would be his name for Benjamin to call.

Finally, he opened up his moist lips to answer his question. Benjamin gave Damien a small shrug accompanied by a bland look on his young features. They indicated that there really was some tension between him, and he planned not to talk about it already, especially about Hariah. The more things he'd hear about that Gryffindor, he might end up in on of the filthy cubicles and vomit all his guts out. The boy shuddered in his mind, about that scene he imagined, full of detail. "She always loves getting her way. And I just loathe it when people do such a thing." Benjamin scrunched his nose up and looked at Damien, not certain whether he'd laugh or just keep silent. With their recent session together, it seemed like a nightmare in his dreams. Hariah Meadow was one girl that she personally did not want to be with because of the awkward tension that she just set up between them, by herself. She was a Half Blood and he was a Pure Blood. She was a Gryffindor and he's a Slytherin. Hariah always wanted to get her way while Benjamin always contradicts her. It was stupid being with her, even though her reason with spending her precious time with him was considerable.

OOCOut of Character:
You could take a look at their topic in the library. It's entitled, 'Rivals In Study.'

Damien hadn't excepted that much emotion to come from Benjamin over Hariah.That was why it amused him because the boy was usually didn't convey much emotion.Damien didn't know why all the houses didn't get along.The Slytherins could be a bit annoying sometimes and some Ravenclaws just thought they knew it all but other then that they weren't that different.Maybe it was because he didn't have a magical back round he thought like this,maybe kids from a young age were brought up to think like that.Damien didn't think that was right really.What really confused him was all this blood-status business,honestly what difference did it make?The majority of Ravenclaws which were supposed to be the smartest were either half-bloods or muggle-borns it seemed to him that a lot of Slytherins seemed to be Pure-blooded.It just fried his brain thinking about it.Damien gave an apologetic look "Okay"He said simply,he had been called by his surname a few times before,he didn't really like it,it made him sound tough or scary or something.he had never been fond of his surname,he didn't think it suited him or his aunt.Damien could see the Slytherin didn't like talking about this so he decided not to ask anymore questions regarding the matter.Damien didn't know if this was true as he had never seen that side of her but maybe Benjamin had so Damien just had to take his word for it.Obviously something had happened between the two that had sparked off this.he decided to stay silent but he nodded.

As he saw Damien nod, Benjamin carefully looked away from him. He never loved discussing things about Gryffindors. Hariah Meadow was a touchy subject, because of the strong tension between them just because of their last session with one another. He placed his hand between his eyes, just at the top part of the bridge of his nose. He rubbed it carefully, while he thought about what he encountered with the Gryffindor. Merlin's love, he was a lot taller than her. There was a huge difference in their height, even though the girls were said to have puberty faster than the males. Ben somehow forgot the presence of his companion, still sitting there near the window's edge. He briefly took a look at his watch as and saw the time, perfectly raising his eyebrow as he brought down his wrist. "I'll go to the Great Hall. It's lunch time." He muttered silently. Silently, his stomach grumbled as he prepared to take flight to the Great Hall. He dusted of his pants, making sure that not a single speck of dirt was still on its fine fabric. He gave Damien a small nod before he even turned his back on him without looking at his companion as he exited the lavatory, moving his thoughts with what the Great Hall would offer for lunch today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back