Inspiration

Ariahna Northwood

Wand
Apple Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Belladonna
It hadn't been hard for a certain Gryffindor to settle in to the school. It had in fact provide to be pretty easy. The easy transition from Primary School and Secondary school hadn't even been too hard. She was sure that the teachers played it up so that people would get worried and work harder in primary. Now that she was actually at hogwarts the Gryffindorian felt like she'd bever been anywhere else. It was like all the memories of primary school had been pushed out of her brain and all that was left was the memories from the sorting ceremony until there and then. It wasn't the best thing, she had admit. She had enjoyed primary school. It hadn't ever been too hard. It had been nice. The people had been friendly. She had been on top. Despite being a Gryffindor, it always struck the young blonde that she did enjoy being the center of other peoples worlds. She always tried to not show it but she did love it. She had loved being sorted, not only because she had been sorted in Gryffindor but also because all eyes had been upon her. She knew it was a pretty selfish thing to enjoy, But Ariahna had never claimed to be the perfect Gryffindor or person. She was exactly who she was and really made no expections for anyone around her. It was just the way she was. And while she was able to hide it a lot of the time, she knew that true friends wouldn't care what she was like. Ariahna, had made a few friends since coming to the School. It wasn't that hard, she just found that most people were busy all the time, and so she couldn't ever be with the same person more than once. She knew that eventually she'd get to be better at it, and she'd see people more often as time went on, but since it was still early days into the year, she wasn't too bothered. Ariahna sighed to herself as she thought of how hard it was really proving to find sure fire friends. One thing she had noticed was that of all the people she had met, she had not met one single Slytherin. It seemed that either they were in incredibly short supply or that they didn't go to the same places she went. Sure, Ariahna's favourite places were the grounds and the library but she was sure not all Slytherins were the same. She hoped that they weren't. She wanted to be friends with one person from each house. It would be interesting. And Ariahna loved interesting. She smiled to herself as if, thinking of how it would be like the four founders. Although, she didn't want the Slytherin to go off on his own. It just wouldn't be that fun if they did. Ariahna knew that she had to first of all meet a slytherin. And more to that, she had to meet a Slytherin that wasn't an awful person. Who didn't want to play around with everyone else. This she thought would be hard to come by.

The great Lawn of Hogwarts had proved itself to be a great place for Ariahna to practice. It was why she went there most days. It didn't take her much to be able to practice. Just a wide open space, and that she was wearing clothes that allowed her to move freely. It was why she was wearing a pair of shorts, and knee high shocks, and a gryffindor t-shirt. She would be able to practice in such clothing and, this was clear as on the grounds, she pretend that it was like an indoor gymnastics area. She first of all, did a series of front flips, and a few round offs. She was really just practicing. Put different things which she had learned together, finally when she stopped, her eyes settled themselves on a boy, who was just standing there. She smiled and blushed with embarrassement.​
<i>
</i>

Ryan walked to the Great Lawn.It was a nice,warm day and Ryan wanted to take advantage of it.In his left hand he had his hurley and in his right he had a sliotar.He hadn't played in ages and he thought if he picked a nice place he could practice his hurling in private.Another reason why he was going out was because he needed to release his anger on something that wouldn't hurt somebody.It was all his sisters fault.Why did she have to be in hibernation she was usually so bright and happy and not so so closed off and feeling sorry for herself.Maybe it was just a girl thing.Ryan shrugged and made his way down.On the way he stooped to take a look at the view but out of the corner of his eye he saw a girl doing gymnastics.She happened to be where Ryan was hoping to practice.He walked over anyway hoping she was nearly finished.He had to admit she was pretty good.She looked almost graceful.Ryan felt himself starting in wonder.He then realised she had stopped and was looking at him "Hey"he said his cheeks blushing slightly. "I'm Ryan"He said walking over and after putting the sliotar in his pocket extended his hand

Ariahna felt her cheeks warm, and she knew that her cheeks were most likely a very deep shade of red. She knew that no matter what she now did, it would take at least a few minutes before her cheeks had returned to there usual colour. She wondered how long the boy had been there, and what he had thought of her practicing. She was used to people watching, but she had never really been alone. She practiced with a large group of people. Here at Hogwarts she was pretty alone in practicing. She just had to put up with it. She knew that it would mean she'd be able to work on individual stunts. But, cheerleading was all about team work. She had thought about joining the team but, she wasn't ready. She would get adjusted into the school before she joined anything. That and Ariahna didn't want to overload her schedule. She wasn't too good at doing a lot at once. She took one thing on at the time. She didn't bother with six hundred different items. Lots of friends was fine, but apart from that Ariahna liked small amounts. She smiled slightly as the boy introduced himself. Ryan. "Hi" Her voice was nervous. "I'm Ariahna Northwood." She introduced, saying her full name and then thinking that it was silly that she'd done that. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say my full name, it just slipped out. I don't normally introduce myself as Ariahna Northwood. It's just Ariahna. A small mouth full for some, but it's my name." She stopped speaking, blushing even more, while also beginning to laugh. She had been pretty scared when the boy had crept up on her. It wasn't his fault. It wasn't her fault either. She just hadn't expected it. "I'm sorry. You startled me. When I get startled I get kinda crazy. I'm really not, I'm just a normal girl." She stopped laugh, explainning her actions. She then noticed the extended hand and took it quickly. She shook it lightly. She looked the boy down. She hadn't seen him around Gryffindor, not that it bothered her what house the people around her were in.

"What brings you out here? I'm going to say, that, maybe it was sports. Not gymnastics. Football, or hockey, judging by the stick?" Ariahna asked, thinking it would be politely to start up a conversation with the boy. "What do you play?" Ariahna didn't have a very distinct accent, it was a cross between english and Kiwi. She smiled at the boy and waited for his reply.​
<i>
</i>

Ryan smiled when she blushed.It was so what Kate would do."Stop" he said to himself he had to stop thinking about her or he would never move on.Smiling again he took a proper look at her she looked nice.He couldn't tell what house she was in though not nit he cared.When she spoke he could hear the nervousness in her voice.Sh then proceeded o babble and blush again.He laughed with her he found it quite amusing."Nice to meet ya"He said shaking her hand "Don't worry your quite normal compared to some people I know"He said grinning.Her name was unusual but Ryan like it.

Ryan looked down at his hurley when she mentioned what he was doing. "Oh am Hurling ever heard of it?"He asked his Irish accent coming through.He had got some curious glances when he came with his 'stick' as the called it.Hurling was a sport that was popular and invented in Ireland.It was a rough came and she had to have speed to be able to play it properly.I was also some what popular in America because of all the people that had moved there during the plantations and famine.But Ryan wasn't exactly going to give her a lecture on hurling as a)she would get bored and b)he would get bored. "Its an Irish sport"He said wondering would that give any clue as to what it was

Users who are viewing this thread

Back