Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2 Inch Whippy Chestnut Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
The weather that day was sunny, warm and in hindsight, perfect for bug catching. That was why Xavier was skulking around yet again with a glass jar in his hands. His eyes kept darting to different areas of the courtyard in search of a new bug to catch and befriend. Within a few minutes the second year spotted a small spider on one of the benches. He slowly, almost hesitantly approached the bug, careful not to scare it as it was barely larger than the tip of his finger. It wasn't a special spider by any means but it was a spider nonetheless so Xavier continued to tip toe closer to it, moving the jar so he could eventually capture it. As he moved closer, he became hyper aware of his surroundings on the off chance someone nearby attempted to scare it away. It wouldn't have been the first time another student scared one of his bugs away and he didn't want a repeat of such an ordeal.

Danyel came down after his classes were done for now. He liked exploring the outsides of the castle and the grounds. Still after now more than a year he always found something new still. This time it seemed like it was nice weather out, even though Danyel liked light rain the most, this was acceptable. Walking out side now with his bag over his shoulder he walked by the benches, suddenly noticing some other Hufflepuff student.

Danyel blinked once in surprise a little, seeing someone else out here, and stood still, being only two meters away from the benches and him. As he tried to see what he was doing and noticed the glass jar "Hey, what are you doing?" Danyel said being lighlty curious.

The words of someone nearby rung in Xavier's ears, though he refused to listen to it until the spider was safely en captured in his jar. He gnawed his lower lip with his front teeth, moving the opening of he jar closer and closer to the spider. He then moved the lid of the jar on the other side of the spider, coaxing it inside the glass. Rejoicing, Xavier screwed the lid on the jar and held it up in the air. "Victory!" He exclaimed, soon remembering there was another person nearby. He looked in their direction and smiled. "Sorry, I was catching this spider. Requires concentration." He said. "Want to see?" As he spoke he took a step towards the other boy, hoping they wouldn't mind if he bragged about his capture. Although the spider wasn't rare, it was another successful capture and a new addition to his bug collection so Xavier was ready to show it off.

Danyel blinked once in surprise and then smiled a little "You collect them?" He asks before stepping a bit closer and nodding "Sure, even though I appreciate nature as a whole more, never really looked like this at spiders" He chuckled a little and looked at the jar that was held up before. Personally he never had a problem with bugs, only the annoying ones bothered him. But he decided to not mention that for now, might be a wrong time. Especially since this other student seems to enjoy catching bugs like this, still with a jar it seems a bit hard to do, Danyel thought a little as he looked at the other boy.

"I do collect them!" Xavier answered, glad that the other boy didn't seem repulsed by the bug in the jar like many other students in the school were. As the boy stepped forward Xavier handed the jar over, smiling. The boy seemed very kind and Xavier hoped this was an opportunity for him to make a new friend. "You like nature too?" He said as he dusted his hands together, both surprised and glad he seemed to share interests with the boy. Xavier then introduced himself. "My name is Xavier by the way. I think I've seen you around the dorm?" The boy was definitely also a Hufflepuff, and too familiar to be just another student.

Danyel smiled a little more as he took the jar from Xavier "I do like nature ever since I was very little" He looked at the spider careful not to tip it "Will you take it somewhere, or will you set it free again?" He asked a bit curious as he didn't know, he felt like setting it free may be the kind option here. After nodding to what he said "Also stay a lot on the fourth floor and the dorm, my name is Danyel, and I am a second year Hufflepuff" Hoping that his memory was right earlier, as he thought Xavier was a Hufflepuff too, at least he heard the name before.

As the jar was handed over, Xavier moved his hands to his pockets and rocked back and forth on his feet as he watched the boy inspect the spider. "I usually keep the bugs for a little while, give them names and take care of them. But I always let them go again because they're not supposed to be kept in a small jar for too long!" He answered, continuing to smile as wide as ever. The well-being of his bug friends was always his top priority. "I'm a second year hufflepuff too! That must be how I recognize you!" Xavier exclaimed. Danyel was in the same house and year, Xavier couldn't see a reason to not become friends with him. He hoped Danyel thought the same, or was at least enjoying this interaction as much as Xavier was.

Holding the jar back out again, Danyel nodded a little "I see, that's very kind. I don't keep bugs around, but do have a small cat" He smiled a little and glanced for a few seconds at the other students and people walking in the courtyard. Wondering how many would find it strange to do this "Hope this doesn't stop you from being in class" Danyel chuckled slighly and smiled, showing he meant it as a joke and then seems like something just got into his head as he looked at Xavier "Did you ever catch any bugs in classes?"

Xavier took the jar as it was returned to him and smiled down at the spider in the glass. It looked calm, not like it was panicking about being captured so he was glad he didn't have to set it free immediately. He looked up to Danyel as he spoke. "You have a cat? That's so cool! What's your cat's name?" He asked. As Danyel asked whether or not bug catching kept him away from class, Xavier chuckled, shaking his head ever so slightly. "Of course not! Class is so important. I only look for bugs in my spare time." He wasn't the brightest crayon in the box, but he did value his education enough to attend classes and pay attention when it was required. Whether he actually retained information from classes was another story entirely. "I haven't caught a bug in class yet." He answered. "Have you ever caught a bug before, Danyel?"

Danyel shook his head "Only the ones who bothered me back home" Saying it and then adding with a smile "Well, good to know that there are not bugs inside the castle then" Looking back at the castle and then to Xavier "Where are you from by the way? Are there as many bugs as here" Trying his best to keep the conversation going and interesting, as he didn't get as many chances to talk with others like this in his time here. "I named it Milly, I don't know liked the sound of the name" Answering Xavier

Xavier chuckled as Danyel answered his questions. He liked that the other boy was making conversation with him instead of treating him differently due to his love of bugs. It was certainly refreshing. He made a mental note to find Danyel in classes some time or even in the common room so they could talk more often. "I'm from Australia!" He exclaimed. "The bugs are more dangerous there. They're also really different but in a good way because bugs are just so interesting!" The big difference between the bug populations in New Zealand and Australia was the leathality, especially in regards to spiders. Xavier was glad that the spider he caught that day was harmless, more of a puppy than a wolf in comparison to the poisonous spiders he knew were back home. "I like the name Milly." Xavier said. "Do you have any other pets?" He then asked, not wanting to stop talking to Danyel just yet.

"Oh I feel like one is already good enough" Danyel chuckled a little as in response. Glancing around a little before thinking about it "Well, I am born in New Zealand, but my mother is from Germany, we went there are few times when I was still small. Remember there is not much to fear bug wise." He said with a smile as he looked at Xavier "Oh, I am curious does that mean you are more outside, or can I maybe in the future find you in the common room?" He asked him and was wondering about the answer now.

Xavier nodded as Danyel explained where he was from. It was so interesting to meet someone who was born in New Zealand with German heritage as Xavier had never met someone with German roots before. At least not to his knowledge. He wondered what the country was like and if it was any different to Australia and New Zealand as he knew enough about it to figure it was in a completely different part of the world. "Germany? That's so cool!" It was slightly disheartening to learn that bugs weren't a problem there but he was interested all the same. "I am usually outside but I'm also usually in the common room after dinner." Xavier answered, hoping that Danyel asking such a question meant they could talk later on as he would have very much enjoyed that. Danyel was so interesting and different and Xavier would love to be friends with him or at least chat to him again after that day.

Danyel nodded as he was listening to Xavier "Alright, so we could possibly run into each other in the common room again, I see" Glancing at the bug once more as he nods "And yeah then I can tell you more about it, if you want, I love sharing and telling things to people, that I find interesting too" He smiled a little, being geniuenly glad he found someone to tell these things too. As he was looking forward to the time they would probably run into each other in the common room.

Xavier hoped he would run into Danyel sometime after that day in classes or in their house. Germany was an interesting country that Xavier knew nothing about so he was of course, eager to learn more. Though in the meantime Xavier realized he needed to meet his brother Ares to go over some of their shared homework and it in turn meant he needed to part ways with his new possible friend. "I would love to hear more, so can we meet up by the fire place in the common room after dinner today?" Xavier asked, clutching his jar tight in his hands hoping that the other boy would be able to meet with him. He felt rude having to leave but making plans for later on seemed an appropriate way to end the conversation they were having. At least it wouldn't be too abrupt and they would leave with the promise of talking again and possibly becoming friends.

Danyel nodded to him asking "Sure we can meet again, would love to talk more" He said with a kind smile and watched the boy. "Also you seem like you have to go somewhere, I don't want to keep you waiting, so hope you enjoyed our little talk so far" Danyel said as he waved a little to say good bye for now and going back into the main hall, wondering if any classes are still going on today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back