OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Rigid Willow Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Having done some research just so Sophia wouldn't suspect that she knew nothing about yoga, Alana rounded the corner, a brand new yoga mat strapped to her shoulder. The outfit was pretty comfy, at least. "There you are, Sophia" Alana exclaimed as she drew close to the woman, eyeing the other ladies she saw entering the space. The women were almost all tall and slim, and Alana took an instant dislike to them all. They looked as if they'd done yoga forever, and Alana never liked to be a novice at anything. "So...this is yoga" she said slowly, her red eyes scanning the awning before glancing through the glass to where people were setting up their mats.

With a hat on to protect herself from the sun, Sophia was ready to begin her Yoga classes. Though it wasn't sunny inside, Sophia couldn't take the risk while she walked to their location, nor while she stood outside and greeted the ladies who entered the room, so the hat stayed on until she walked inside. Before she went in, however, a familiar face appeared, and Sophia grinned at the sight of who it was. "Alana! You came!" She was happy that Alana had taken her advice and came, but she wasn't going to tell her that; she didn't want a repeat of the last time they met up. "This is yoga! Come in, I'll introduce you to everyone!" Grabbing onto Alana's hand, Sophia gently pulled her inside. "Ladies! We have a newcomer with us today. This is Alana, and I hope we'll be seeing a lot more of her! Make sure you talk to her - after the class of course." She grinned, sending a big smile to Alana, before letting go of the hand and getting herself set up. Putting on soothing music and rolling out her mat, Sophia took her place at the front of the class. "We'll begin with our normal routine today," Sophia started, "- which is Mountain Pose - you know that one right?" She asked Alana directly.

Following Sophia in, though she hardly had a choice with her hand firmly in the other woman's grip, Alana stopped in the spot Sophia had and looked around. Adoration filled the eyes of some of the woman as they looked at their teacher. Pasting a smile on her face before shooting daggers at the woman ready to lead the class as she moved away towards the front, Alana couldn't believe she'd done that and then thought about it more as she settled her mat. Of course, she'd put Alana at the front of the room where she'd be on display in all of her novice glory. As the woman called her out again, Alana narrowed her eyes before hissing out her reply. "Yes" she said, only just containing herself from adding anything to it. This pose she knew. If she didn't know any better, Sophia was seeking some kind of revenge for their first interaction. It was alright. Alana had grown up in Slytherin. She knew this kind of game.

Sophia grinned when Alana replied that she knew what she was doing - that was good! The lady didn't know if her new friend had any idea on yoga poses, so throughout the session, she kept checking on her, making sure she was doing okay and knew what she was doing.
When the session ended, Sophia stood up, and gave the class a clap (which they all joined in with). "Well done ladies! Another wonderful session. Same time same place next week - and don't forget Kick Boxing on Thursday for those of you that come!" With that, she approached Alana, smiling at the ladies as they fare-welled her. "How are you feeling Alana? You did a great job! I'm so proud of you."

Yoga was a lot harder than Alana had realized. She'd always considered herself in good shape, even after the birth of her daughter, but some of the poses had tested the limits of her flexibility and strength. By the end, Alana was sweating, her muscles sore but her mind sated. Once she'd removed herself from the idea that Sophia was out to make her look stupid, she'd rather enjoyed herself though the clapping seemed a bit much and she'd only joined half-heartedly. Alana was happy to sit alone as Sophia said goodbye to the other ladies. One or two of them even attempted to wave at her.

"I feel..." She thought about it for a moment and then gave the instructor a small smile, "good." She hurt all over, but it felt good too, her muscles missing the use. She used to practice quidditch daily but that had ended years ago. "You're a good teacher " Alana added only somewhat begrudgingly as she stood and began to wrap her mat.

Sophia beamed when Alana said she felt good, laughing slightly when Alana said she was a good teacher. She was glad that Alana had come, and that she finally realized that Sophia was good. "Oh hon, I know that. I'm glad that you can recognize it though. So what do you think, will you come again next week? Ooh- you should definitely come to kick boxing too, it'll help get rid of a lot of the rage you hold. It's a good way to release your anger, rather than towards people, don't you think?" Sophia knew she was being mean, but she couldn't help it. She could easily claim naivety in her comment, but she was sure that each of them knew that Sophia knew exactly what she was saying. She couldn't help but still feel cross for the way she was treated on their first meeting.

Alana paused, glad that she was still bent over her mat or her eye roll might have betrayed her thoughts about Sophia's arrogance. Setting the straps on her mat, Alana stood up, her previous good will quickly disappearing. "I'll pass. I have quidditch for that, you know, an actual sport." A slow smile grew on her face as she put those words out there. She was only half joking. Considering kickboxing and yoga to be more than quidditch was laughable. "I should send my husband though. Ooh, you and Ivaylo should come to dinner. I'd love to have you pitch the idea to him" she added with some enthusiasm.

Sophia nodded her head slowly when Alana spoke about quidditch. "Oh, I didn't know you were still doing quidditch." She gave Alana a quick once over - though Alana was definitely in shape, there was no reason to let her know that Sophia thought so. "I wouldn't have guessed." Sophia laughed lightly when she invited them to dinner for her to pitch the idea. She wasn't scared of him. "I haven't met a person that kickboxing hasn't helped, so I think I'll have to take you up on that offer." Sophia replied with a smile. "What are you doing for the rest of the day?" She asked, before heading over to her spot to clean up, but still listening.

Alana rolled her eyes again, this time not bothering to hide it. She knew she was in good shape and didn't need Sophia to tell her so. "Well that was b*****y, Sophia" she pointed out as she placed her mat on her back. "So much for being zen" she mused before actually answering her question. "I need to pick up Eris from my father's house" she stated, wondering what they had gotten up to with their day. "And then I suppose I'll be seeing you again....yay" she added, a slightly sarcastic tone as she shook her hands as if she was celebrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back