Inactive's avatars??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora Hades

Wand
''Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Core - Tail of Charmed Newt''
I am new to this site,although I have explored quite a lot.I wanted to know if we could use the avatars of members who are inactive?Because some of them have the best avatars and they have already abandoned their character.

There is no policy regarding the celebrity you can use to portray your character. You may use a celebrity who is already in use be it by an inactive or active character.

In short, yes.

I am really new to this and I was wondering how you get the picture, with the writing in it in the place where your signature is meant to be???

Yeah that's really helps, but i was wondering where you get the picture and how you can put your name inside it???

Well, to get the picture, just go to Google or something, and then the best option is to use a photo hosting website to get the photo as a URL. Whether Nick explained that or not, I'm not sure because I'm too lazy to check.
As for putting writing in it, well, you need to be able to edit images with a program. You can do it or you can get someone else to do it for you. You can order a signature/avatar from someone in the graphics requests section of the off-topic board. But I would suggest waiting until you're sorted and have purchased your equipment.

I hope that makes sense. I always type in a half asleep state.

Violet is correct, to put your name inside a picture you need to use a photoediting program, sometimes if you get a nice enough picture of your celebrity avatar of choice you can do it in Microsoft Paint, but most will do it in Photoshop.
As you are unsorted and most people request galleons for their work you're currently unable to buy one in the Graphics Requests Forum, however, sometimes if you Personal Message a member, and ask for one free they might be kind and do it. That is, of course, all assuming you can't do it yourself.
You then take the image saved on your computer and upload it, as Violet mentioned, to an Image Hosting Website ( Ex: TinyPic ) it will give you a bunch of different links once it is done, you should take the one that says 'Direct Link for Layouts'.

If you have any more troubles or questions as this proceeds you can also Personal Message me with any of your questions or concerns and I'm sure I can help you out :)

~Nick

If you do not have a photoediting program you can use Photobucket.com. If you create an account and upload pictures to your album you can edit them and do things such as add borders, text, and stickers.

Thank you to all 3 of you, you have been a great help.

I was aware of photoshop or whatever but with very little space left of the computer we are restricted to what we can download but I will try your option Sophia. And I will be using TinyPic.

Thanks all again very much :D

Well its nice.I use photobucket.But Photoshop and phobucket are tow very different things.You have to buy the Photoshop program while photobucket can be used online. :D

Yeah I used photobucket, as it is online, which is very handy, a lot better than downloading a new program that I will probably never use again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back