OOC First Name
Sofija
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Parker was leaning over several books about history of magic, he was trying to understand what wasn't never mentioned in a muggle world, what was myth from muggle world and what myth in both worlds. This world was weird and it wasn't so cool, but at the same time he was slowly getting used to it, it made even more sense just not muggle-ish. While reading and comparing information, he was quietly humming some song that he came up with before leaving to school.

@Charlie Helkovaara

Charlie was slowly getting used to being at school. It was hard, and he still wasn't sure he understood anything about this. He was wondering idly, Kohaku nestled in his hoodie pocket. He was looking around when he spotted a familiar face. His eyes widened and he hurried over. "Parker? Parker, hey!" He greeted brightly, a wide smile on his face.

Parker fastly looked up and then bursted into a wide smile. He didn't expect to meet Charlie, at least not in library. "Charlie! Hi, haven't seen you in a long time!" suddenly all his interest in books faded. "How is it going? You are in Hufflepuff, right? You like it here?" he leaned with elbow on the table while looking at Charlie.

Charlie smiled, slipping into the seat across from Parker. "Hi! Yeah, Hufflepuff. Which house are you in?" He asked, feeling a little bad he didn't know already. He had skipped most of the first night, honestly, but he didn't want to mention that. "Honestly? Not really. I miss my dad, and my room. There are so many people here, and the lessons, its just really overwhelming," he sighed, running a hand through his hair. "What about you, are you having an okay time with everything?"

Parker was glad that he got Charlie's house right. "Slytherin," he half smiled before getting answer to his next questions. His answer was totally relatable. "Same here. Currently the only things that I like here is that I don't have to deal with that many stairs to get to my common room and several people, but lessons, being away from family, being sorted away from Bella and all the unknown people.. it sucks. And there is so many things that I have to catch up with to have a normal conversation with classmates.. Not cool," he pointed at his books. He actually had like four or five persons in mind that he would like to continue talking with, others were just not really for him. "But actually I was expecting worse, except have you seen our Head of House? I wanted to talk with him until I saw him, there is no chance that kids don't come out of his cabinet without tears. That's the main reason why I am here, I prefer not being eaten by scary professor." it was his first time to really talk about how he felt about all this Hogwarts thing. Charlie was lucky, they got cool Head of House, their Styx was totally there just to scare them. Parker didn't believe that professor Styx loved kids and working with them.

Charlie smiled, settling his bag on the table in front of him and leaning on it. "Lucky you. I'm four floors up." He pouted. "Who's Bella?" He asked. "All I have is my dad, and I couldn't bring him. It's the first time we've ever been apart, and its for so long," Charlie frowned. "I mean, I know magic, but it was never solely magic, we live with both. It's... weird, it feels like we're cut off. Like what, no electricity? I mean, come on. Everything is so inconvenient. No elevators, no phones, no video calls. It's so weird." He grimaced and shook his head. He listened to Parker go on about his Professor and winced in sympathy. "My head of house teaches Herbology. That's another thing, where are the normal subjects? Like what, wizards don't need to learn math or science?" He asked. "Or even English. What is with that?" He complained.

Parker sighed and nodded, he also thought that being even four floors up still sucked more than being in the dungeons. "Bella? It may sound weird. We are siblings, but actually we are neighbours and we don't even share families, but at the same point we share families. We grew up together and we were inseperatable since we were just toddlers. Yeah, something like that. She is my sister," for Parker it all made sense, but explaining that was way harder than understanding that. "Oh, that sucks, but you know.. I'm here, we share common problem so we probably have to stick together." he smiled at Charlie sheepishly. Was Charlie going to reject his offer to be friends or no? "I literally found out that magic was real just some time ago. Everything here is weird, I agree with you. They could use some electricity and wifi instead of magical sticks and owls." he frowned and pressed lips together. "About herbology.. I read about mandrakes, it just kinda doesn't make sense. Are you serious? Plant that can scream? It's like, I'm sorry what? I hated science, but I miss it a lot... It wasn't dangerous. ANd what about flying? What the heck? Why should we fly? But as a maths, I understood that there is such a thing as an arithmancy, what did maths to do to them? It was at least shorter," Parker shrugged shoulders while still frowning. He kinda didn't like how magic world was built. "And can we talk about unicorns and fairies? Why there couldn't be such animals as horses and bugs? It would be easier." he knew that there was mixed bloods and pure bloods that were used to magic and everything that magic included, but he was used to such things as horses without wings, not agressive bugs, dogs with one tail instead of two.

Charlie nodded as Parker spoke about Bella. "I can understand that. It's only ever been me and my dad, I've never actually had anyone else. But I can understand, I know family doesn't end in blood," He propped his chin in his hand. He blinked, surprised when Parker said that they needed to stick together. He nodded quickly, smiling shyly. "I mean, yeah, of course," He agreed immediately, pleased to think he'd made a friend. He'd have to tell his dad.

Charlie laughed as Parker agreed with him. "I would give anything to just call my dad, y'know?" He sat back, gently pulling Kohaku from his pockets and offering out the sleeping bird in the palms of his hands to the other boy. "I have to admit I do love Kohaku, though. It's ridiculous I can't call, but Kohaku is adorable," He smiled fondly. He laughed at the comment about flying. "Parker, look at me. I should not be on a broom, not that itty bitty twig they offer us. I'm gunna fall off and break my neck!" He griped. Charlie was a bigger boy, he always had old ladies pinching his cheeks. He didn't need to test his center of gravity on a magic stick.

Parker sheepishly smiled and nodded. He was thankful for the fact that Charlie understood him, he would feel pretty bad, if he didn't understand him. "Yes, that's amazing." he had several people to stick with, but he wasn't that sure about them, about Charlie he was more sure. He was easier to understand, he was soft and totally wasn't going to turn his back on him.

"Yeah, same. How are they without us?" it actually was Parker's first time being away from his family for that long, he hated even camps because he had to be away from them. He was going to drop out after sixth year totally, he just wanted to go back home, back to muggles. "It's cute, where did you get them?" Parker accepted Charlie's Kohaku bird and slowly petted him. "Charlie, you won't break your neck! But God, why can't they think through all of this including all the possible versions? This school is more dangerous than all muggle creatures together, I'm even ready to go to savannah ang hang out with lions, at least I won't accidentally hex myself or someone else." Parker frowned and then grinned, muggles were so much better, if they were looking at schools, the only trauma he could get would be only because of himself.

I'm so sorry for replying only now!

Charlie shook his head. "I suppose my dad is spending a lot of time alone, drinking that... foul smelling clear stuff he hides in the cupboards," he mused. He smiled as Parker took Kohaku. "We found Kohaku at the Magical Menagerie, my dad took me to buy him," He smiled fondly at the memory. He laughed lightly as Parker talked about going to the Savannah. "This world just seems so dangerous, you know? I don't understand it, they don't have any electricity so they just write to each other, send owls, I'm surprised the plumbing works here," He shook his head. "Some of the lessons are just insane too- did you see the Professor that turned into a dog?" He asked.

Parker frowned and looked at him with confusion. "Mhm? What drink?" then he slowly started to pet bird. "Right, makes sense. I would buy a cat, but I have an allergy to them. It sucks," he rolled his eyes and still smiled at him to don't seem mean. "Oh God! Yes, I totally agree with that, but it's probably because they are used to that and find it logical and we are used to other way. God, it's still weird, muggles and outworld is SO much more easier. Wait, plumbing works here? I didn't know that!" he admitted and tilted his head to the side, and waited for him. "Animagus, right? No, I haven't yet. I guess we will have him in the next semester. But I hope he is an animagus, I wouldn't want a professor who is werewolf, they are awful." Parker shook his head in disagreement, he did examine what Zachariah said to him about animagus and found something bout them too.

Charlie shrugged. "I don't really know. Some sort of alcohol probably, I can't think of anything else he'd hide from me." He mused. He looked at Parker as he said he was allergic. "You know the Charms Professor is allergic to cats, but she has a cat somehow, you could talk to her about it," he told Parker, remembering Amara from Professor Corrins classes. He'd asked once, and while he'd forgotten most of the answer he did remember a bit of it. Charlie sighed softly as Parker agreed with him. "This whole mess would be so much easier if I could just call my dad every night, hear his voice. I hate being so cut off from him," he whined. Charlie nodded. "Yeah, a husky. It's the Transfiguration Professor, he has this whole gimmick, you go in for your first class and its just a husky sitting there in front of the class like its totally normal." He shook his head.

Parker frowned and then widened eyes. "Ohh," he started to nodd as Charlie said about alcoholic drinks, Parker totally forgot about the fact that drinks like that really existed. "Noo, maybe they even have a magical way to deal with asthma? But I will ask her anyways, thank you!" Parker smiled and accidentally noticed his book and scared of it. "Oh God, I thought it moved." he said while held his hand on his mouth, but then took it off and focused back on conversation. "Or it would be even better if we could go home for weekends. Why we should be away from our families for so long? It goddamn, sucks," Parker lightly shook head. "Noo, why? What if someone has phobia from dogs? It's not always that impressive," Parker loudly sighed. "I heard that there such an option to drop out after sixth year, I am pretty sure that I will do that." he stated that and leaned deeper in his chair. "Will go to muggle school, continue to learn safe and normal lessons, without animals in class and with pens." he shook his head again and looked back at Charlie. "What are your plans?"

Charlie nodded. "Maybe you could talk to the healer too, see what happens? They might have an anti-allergy potion," he mused. Charlie jumped as Parker said the book moved, instantly putting Kohaku back in his hoodie and scooting away. "I never thought I would say this but I miss math," he complained, shuddering. He nodded eagerly. "I would love to go home for the weekends, that would be better than this," he sighed, thinking again of his dad. He nodded, he wasn't personally afraid of dogs but he understood that. He was surprised when Parker said he was going to drop out later, trying to hide the way his shoulders drooped. "I'll finish school," he told the other boy. "My dad was really insistent that I go to school. He didn't. I want him to make him proud, so... I have to finish. Do well." He spoke, smiling softly.

Parker frowned. "Is there any chance that they could have something like this? The only good news about magic. There is any chance that I will get cat." he sounded a bit happier. He loved cats a lot, but allergy never gave him a chance to get it. "Yeah, I will go home on the holidays. At least something, I kinda have a feeling that they want to get us away from parents and that is weird. Lucky professor kids, they can meet their parents whenever they want." he pressed his lips together and raised his eyebrows. "Ohh, good luck then. My parents are not exactly into this magic world too, so I have a chance to leave, but sadly I also have a feeling that Bella's parents will assure my parents that I have to finish school here and something like that." Parker shrugged his shoulders and put his arm on the book to be sure that it won't move.

Charlie considered what the boy said, chuckling softly. "You should really talk to Professor Corrins." He told his friend. He nodded, knowing he was going to go home too and knowing already he hated that he had to come back. He sighed softly, nodding as well. He briefly wondered if there was ever any chance of his dad becoming a Professor. But probably not. Charlie sighed softly, trying to give the other boy a reassuring smile. "Well, at least we can always count on each other here. Right?" He asked, trying to hide how nervous he felt asking the question. Parker was one of Charlie's closest friends right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back