Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Hetersosexual
Wand
Curly 10 Inch Unyielding Pear Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Oliver didn't like being home during the school year. It wasn't often that he came home during the holidays however his mother had been taking time of work recently which was very much out of character for her. There were things he loved about being home of course. He missed walking around his neighborhood streets. He missed seeing some of his muggle friends, but most of all he missed his Dog. A dalmatian named Cassie who he wasn't allowed to take to Hogwarts. A lot of comic relief in his home came from the relationship between Cassie and his cat Salem. The two fought whenever they were left to their own devices, because of this Salem would be kept in Oliver's room or left to roam the streets as Oliver did. On this occasion Salem had decided to accompany him on his daytime stroll. As he walked from the streets to lush green fields and took a seat underneath a massive Oak tree. He cast his mind to the magical world he had temporally left behind.

Isabella had been walking around like normal trying to find something or someone interesting. It got boring at home when her brothers left, so she usually just walked around. It was nice for Isabella to just be outside and think, although it had a tendency to get her lost, Bella often thought while she walked. Today her wandering had brought her to a lush green field, the grass was a little too tall and Bella loved it. She didn't really see anyone around and noticed something, there were no flowers what so ever. Bella thought it would almost be like a meadow if there were, she would have loved to see something like that. Sitting down in the grass and brushing her fingers through it she wished there were flowers. Then something happened that pushed all thoughts of Isabella not being a witch away. Wildflowers spurted out of the ground around her, she gasped. She had never made anything happen before, all she had been doing was wishing there were flowers. Looking around Bella smiled, all around her for a short while there were flowers. The rest of the field was just as it had been before and she wondered how she had done it.

As far as Oliver knew there was no Witch or Wizard within the direct vicinity of his home with the exception of his mother. Which is why it came as such a surprise when he saw what he saw when he was walking through the fields that afternoon. The fields around him were flowerless that is until he saw a sudden flourish of flowers in a concentrated area of the field. Magic was the only way to explain the phenomena so he looked around for the source only to find a young girl in the center of the field. Only the portion of the field around her had been effected. Oliver had no choice but to approach her. "Did you do that?" He asked.

Isabella had been looking at the flowers, they were as beautiful as she had imagined. She wanted badly to pick one but knew that would only kill it and it would be much prettier here. Bella jumped a little when a she heard a voice behind her asking if she had done this. She didn't know what to say, what if he was a muggle. But then she remembered you're not supposed to do magic out of school, so if he was a wizard she was probably in trouble either way. "I didn't mean to, it just kinda happened." Bella didn't know what else to say, but at least she had decided to be truthful. She had always hated lying, and she new it was always better to own up to what you had done.

No doubt the young girl expected to be in trouble for performing magic out of school but Oliver just smiled at her. "I had no idea there was a witch around here," He said beaming at her in delight. He loved his muggle friends but he hated that he couldn't talk about who he was and he longed to be able to talk to someone about Hogwarts and magic outside of school without breaking the law. "Don't worry, accidental magic acceptable if you haven't started at Hogwarts yet," He said. "I'm a wizard too by the way, my names Oliver," He added unable to wipe the look of delight from off his face.

Isabella looked up at the boy who couldn't be much older than her, instead of the criticism she had been expecting he seemed really happy. He said he hadn't known a witch lived around here and she smiled, "I live pretty close, in the very outskirts of Obsidian, it's not very far away at all." She looked at the boy Oliver as he introduced himself. He was a wizard too, "Really that's so cool. I've met a few other magical kids but none really live to close to me." She smiled at the boy again relieved that she wouldn't be in trouble because of the flowers. "I haven't started school yet so I should be okay then, I'm Isabella, but you can call be Bella if you want." She said referring to the nickname a lot of people liked to call her. She really didn't care either way.

Oliver knew how she felt, not knowing a lot of wizards near by. "I live just over the hill," He said pointing to the way he had come. "I'm a second year," He said pulling out his wand and twirling it between his fingers. "So if I do any magic I'll be in a lot of trouble," Oliver said sliding his wand back into his back pocket. "I guess you have magic parents then since your not freaking yourself out, you looking forward to starting at Hogwarts then?" He asked.

Isabella smiled when Oliver said that he lived just over the hill, it wasn't that far away at all, so maybe they could see each other again. He said he was a second year and she knew that meant he wasn't much older than her, she would be eleven next month. Oliver said he would be in a lot of trouble of he did magic and she laughed a little, "I'm sure, from what I've read there very strict on that." She said referring to all of Tony's old school books she had almost finished reading. He said she must have magical parent's since she wasn't freaking out and she smiled, "Yeah my mom but I've never met her. My two half-brothers just so happen to both be muggle born." She was glad she had finally figured out blood status and such before school, she didn't want to look stupid in front of the other kids. "I was raised by my dad and step-mom both muggles so." She shrugged, "But I have been reading a lot about Hogwarts and I can't wait to met all the kids and start learning magic." She smiled at the boy, sure he knew what she was talking about, the excitement of starting her first year at Hogwarts.

"Well at least you know about everything, then again prior knowledge of the Wizard world doesn't necessarily give you an advantage at school, at lot of Muggle born's with no prior knowledge have gone to be very talented," He said thinking of some of the muggle born students in his year. "I remember when I was waiting for Hogwarts. It felt like a life time those few months leading up to receiving my Hogwarts letter, I wouldn't want to relive it," Oliver smiled.

Isabella nodded about what he said about muggle born's, "Oh I know and my brother Tony was the first known wizard in our family and he had no knowledge, he was one of the best in his class. He plans on being a professor some day." She smiled thinking about her brother he was so enthusiastic about her going to school. "I guess I'm lucky my dad didn't tell me I was a witch until he got the letter in the mail. I guess he had been trying to deny what she was all these years." She rolled her eyes. Her dad was such a weird person in the ways he acted. "But I can't wait to get to school. All those new people and I've heard so much about the castle. It must be truly amazing." She grinned at Oliver imagining it all in her head.

Oliver nodded, "The castle really is beautiful, I miss it and can't wait to go back, I had to come home to see my mother. She's been acting out of sorts recently so I came home to check on her. As much as I love her I'm not really happy about having to come home. Trust me when you see the castle you won't want to leave until you have to," He smiled reminiscent about the school. "Do you think you'll be able to live up to your brother's name?" He asked her as she had told him how her brother had been top of his class.

Isabella listened intently as Oliver talked about the castle. He seemed to really like it like everyone else she had heard talk about it. "I'm sure, the way everyone talks about it I know I'm going to love it." She wondered if she would love Hogwarts as much as she thought she would. She knew it was just simply magical, the classes and teachers, even the kids. She couldn't wait to go. Then Oliver asked her a question she had never really thought about. "I think I'm going to make my own name for myself, I shouldn't have to share his." She smiled, "I am smart though, that's why I think I'll be in Ravenclaw. And I hope to be a prefect someday." She hoped deep down she might also be headgirl but she didn't want to set her hopes too high. "Speaking of houses what are you in?" Bella asked realizing she hadn't asked.

"Me too," Oliver said in response to her prefect comment. Although Oliver hadn't made much of an impact on his Hogwarts peers and staff he did have ambitions of one day being prefect or perhaps Quidditch Captain. In order to be captain he would first have to be given a permanent position on the team as appose to his current position as an alternate but it was a fair place to start. "Oh," He said suddenly realizing that she hadn't asked what house he was in. "I thought I said, I'm in Ravenclaw, so hopefully I'll be seeing more of you at school," He said, a welcoming and friendly smile was painted across his lips.

Isabella smiled when he said he wanted to be a prefect too, "Really? That's so cool." Bella wondered if it was really possible, both of them becoming prefects. She hoped it was, it was her short term goal after all. It just topped the whole thing off when Oliver said he was in Ravenclaw. "That would be awesome it would be nice to already know someone if that is the house I get." She smiled at Oliver. She was starting to see a possibility for there friendship to last a while. They might be in the same house and he lived really close to her. She felt her insides bubble up a little, it was a new feeling to have friends like this. She had never had a real friend in Italy.

"Well it will be nice to see you more around the common room, just a shame we won't have lessons together," He smiled, it would be nice to have a friend. Sure he did have a friend at Hogwarts but there were times when it seemed like she severely disliked him but Oliver always shook it off because it just seemed like her nature. "It's always nice to have a new friend," He said his smile widening as he pushed thoughts of Adriana to the back of his mind.

Isabella nodded, "Yeah even without classes I'm sure we'll see each other." Bella remembered how afraid she had been when she first moved here, that she wouldn't have any friends and it would be awful. But that wasn't the way things were going at all. She might even know someone in her future house, it was all so different than what she'd thought at first. Oliver said it was always nice to have a new friend and she smiled, "It is, I never had many in Italy." Then she realized Oliver didn't know, "Oh I didn't mention I'm from Italy I moved here to live with my brother's a month ago." She knew most people wouldn't know her English was so good. She had learned how to hide her accent pretty well but sometimes it came through, and other times she used it on purpose.

"Italy huh, you'd never guess," He said referring to her accent. By the way that she talked she never would have guessed that she had only just recently arrived in the country. "How are you finding living in a new county? What's the adjustment been like?" He asked. Oliver knew all too well what it was like to move to a new country however he was younger than Isabella never-the-less he did understand how she felt adjusting to a new environment. "I myself moved her from the UK several years ago after my father died, my mum wanted to get a fresh start. Personally it didn't effect me either way, I didn't have any muggle friends in London so a move was almost welcomed, the only thing it changed for me was which Hogwarts I attended," He said as he briefly wondered what life would have been like if he attended Hogwarts in Scotland.

Isabella smiled when Oliver said he would have never guessed, "Defiantly from Italy." She smiled big letting her Italian accent flow through. The only reason she could hide it is she had worked so hard and long on it. When she had gotten bored back home she had studied and English had been one of the things she had wanted to work on. She was even better than her brothers now, even they told her so. "I like it, New Zealand is really nice. And my brothers are a lot better than my dad." Isabella's father really had tried with her but really he was just mean. He didn't know how to treat his children, and that was that. "So the adjustment has been good, kinda like you I never really had any friends in Italy and now I've met a few people and they have all been really nice to me." Bella could understand why Oliver's family had moved, but she wished it had been under better circumstances. "I'm sorry about your dad, but I'm glad your here." She smiled at him hoping it his father didn't bother him too much.

Oliver was almost taken back when she told him that she was glad he moved here. "I wish I moved here on better terms too but my father died along time ago, I'm not gonna lie I'll never truly be over it but I'm able to talk about it without it getting to me. I know he wouldn't want me to dwell on the past, he was a wise man my father," He smiled as he remembered his father, he had taught him a lot and his influence had gone a long way to shape the man Oliver had become to this day. "I'm glad I'm here too," He added smiling at Isabella.

Isabella was glad that Oliver was okay with what had happened, she knew he deserved to be in Ravenclaw because he seemed very wise for his age. "It's good you've figured all that out." Bella thought about her mother she still had a few things she would like answered about her, things she just didn't understand. But her father refused to talk about her. "I kind of know how you feel, I mean my mom abandoned me as a baby. Just left me on my dads doorstep. So I at least know what it's like to live without a parent." Granted her father had remarried, but Bianka would never be her mother and being as her father had been married to Bianka when Bella was born didn't help smooth things over either.

Oliver suddenly felt closer to Bella as he learned they had more in common with each other. It would be nice to have a friend that understood how it felt to loose a parent. "Yeah I get you, no one can ever really replace a parent. I mean it doesn't mean there not nice people. A step-parent can be very nice and you can get along with them very well but it just isn't the same is it?" He said although he had never been in a situation to know what he was talking about. Oliver was in a place where he could talk about his dad without upsetting himself but his mother had never gotten over his death, to this day she couldn't talk about him let alone be with anyone else.

Isabella nodded about what he said about step-parent's. Even though his dad didn't technically remarry he had been married to another women while her mom was pregnant with her the situation was relatively the same. Her parent's had made it very clear from a young age that Bianka wasn't her mom. She knew all about what had happened with her mom by the time she was 7. "Yeah my dad's wife is pretty nice most of the time but we never got close or anything." She said thinking about how all the other girls at school went shopping and stuff with there mothers but Bianka never wanted to do anything with her.

He nodded, "Well my mum never remarried so I never had to suffer through some guy trying to replace my dad. She's never been in a place where she can even talk about it so I doubt she'll be meeting a new guy anytime soon. It's a shame though, I wish she could make peace with what happened to him and find some happiness. I do worry about her sometimes." Oliver sometimes felt like he was the parent in his parent-child relationship with his mother. He loved her very dearly and she was all he had when it came to family but she could be a handful sometimes.

Isabella wondered what her life would have been like if her dad hadn't been married or if he had chosen her real mom instead. She figured things would have been very different if he had. "That must be hard though, your mom not being over your dad." Bella was just happy she was know with her brother's. They were the best, Neiko may be a little immature at times but Tony was pretty responsible, but not to the point where he couldn't have fun. From coming from such a rough childhood all three of them had turned out pretty well in her opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back