"In My Sisters Shadow."

Aluetta McKelly

OOC First Name
Cole
Aluetta was a seventh year, and suddenly amidst the panic of graduation and the idea of a future - the young woman realized she'd never joined a club, never really bee social with anyone. She was a wallflower - unlike Saveli whom had graduated dating one of the more popular boys' brothers. Prudence whom had been an animagi in training. Unlike her family - whom all seemed to have such interesting lives. She'd even read about one of her half brothers in a muggle news paper whilst studying - he was someone who played rugby on some college team. What was Aluetta going to do wit her life?

The blonde leaned over into the wall a bit, toying at the felt material of her shirt. She had just a year to even make an impression to be left on the school. She didn't play sports, she wasn't good with people or plants. Aluetta had run out of options, and feeling rather unsatisfied by that stood on her own, waiting for an idea to come along.

Davina finished her orange juice and stood up, her stomach fit to burst. The food at Hogwarts was amazing. Her foster mother wasn't a bad cook, but it was difficult to top the daily feasts the castle had to offer. The Slytherin removed herself from the bench and headed towards the door, but quickly became distracted by the sight of an older student leaning against the wall. Well, it wasn't the student that had caught her attention so much as- "I like your top." The young girl smiled, feeling a bit frumpy in comparison in her Slytherin robes and with her scruffy brown hair. This girl didn't look like she belonged here. She should have been on the front page of a magazine. "Do you know where the library is?"

Aluetta looked over, at first skimming the top of a child's head looking for whom had spoken to her. Then the woman, who stood at 5'9" - having inherited her height from her mother - looked down and spotted a slytherin of young age; a first year or second at most looking up at her with a smile. Aluetta gave a small smile back, thinking a little of herself as a bright eyed first year, newly sorted into a house shared by her sister. Then she thought of Saveli, whom had started as a Slytherin but grew out of her selfish traits. "Of course, would you like me to show you?" Lue offered. "I'm Aluetta." Though the blonde had spent plenty of time in New Zealand, her accent was still french and heavily so from the many holidays spent with her family.

"Yes please," said Davina, visibly relieved that she wouldn't have to navigate those ever-changing stairs again all by herself. The castle was a veritable maze without adding the inconvenience of a moving staircase to her troubles. "I'm Davina," she said, as she began to walk towards the doors. "And that's Da. Vi. Na." she added firmly. "Not Dave. Are you from France?"

Aluetta gave a chuckle at the relief on this girl's face that she was willing to help. Of course she would - what kind of monster wouldn't assist the first years? "I promise eventually you won't need help - it just takes time." She added to the conversation in a reassuring almost motherly way. "Who on earth would call you Dave as a nick name? I'd think Vee. Or Vina." Lue was perplexed by how firmly the girl had to pronounce her name and add what she wasn't. "I am from France. Where are you from?" Lue was mostly being polite at this point. She didn't want Davina's welcome to the school to be cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back