In Black And White

Leah Winters

OOC First Name
Malynne
Wand
13" Sequoia Dragon heartstring
The Death Eater meeting had ended surprisingly well for all, and now Leah trudged through the forest amidst the many people apparating away. Plenty of pops were heard, ending with the disappearing Death Eaters. Leah had decided to walk a bit; she had left her pocket book hidden beneath a few leaves in front of a large tree not wanting to bring it to the meeting itself. She still had a bit shopping to do after the meeting and did not wish to travel back to her apartment to grab some galleons and travel back to Obsidian Harbour for only a few last minute items.

The forest had the smell of freshly fallen rain. It had sprinkled a little during the meeting, successfully moistening the leaves and the many people who had attended tonight's get together. It was no matter, for Leah enjoyed the rain, and her clothes had not gotten too wet. The large tree was in sight, and so she stepped towards it quickly and snatched it up, filing through it making sure that everything was in it's place.

OOCOut of Character:
Crap post. Next will be amazing.

Andrew was very satisfied and pleased with himself after having attended his first Death Eater meeting. His training had begun already and as a new member in this group he of all people was looking forward to become social with other Death Eaters. Having a messed up life after his sixth year he didn't have many to call friends and of course he wouldn't have anything to do with mudbloods that left him with the only option, finding new friends in his fellow Death Eaters.

As he walked out of the building that was located in the middle of the forest he breathed in the cool fresh air that hinted the soil rich with fresh rain. It was still drizzling and enjoying the rain was something he had learnt back in his third year from his second girlfriend, Zazuka Bones. The times when they had fun in the rain were some happy times in his memories. The fondness of the atmosphere the rain and the wet leaves created made him walk further through the forest and it was later he realized that most of the Death Eaters had apparated continuing with business. He sighed, for he had wished to strike a conversation with one of them.

It was then he spotted Ms.Winters by a large tree. In suspicion, his eyebrow rose as he walked towards her. "Leah Winters, hope you aren't a tree hugger" he said with a grin on his lips. A little teasing always seemed fun to him. "Seems you are not in rush like the others" he commented as he watched her face.

Her purse had not been bothered with by any of the Death Eaters; the galleons were counted and deemed the appropriate amount, and Leah was satisfied. She placed the strap over her shoulder and wiped her hands on her pants, not enjoying the texture of dirt upon her person. It was beginning to get a bit darker, the meeting having been scheduled near sundown, and all had apparated away. Or at least that's what Leah presumed.

She heard a familiar voice, and turned to see who had lingered around after the meeting, finding it to be Andrew Bruke, the newest recruit. It happened to be his first Death Eater meeting, and he had already proved himself to be an exemplary Death Eater in Training. Leah gave him a warm smile in greeting. "Not at all. In fact, quite the opposite." She was never one to support the muggle idiots that chained themselves to trees in hopes to save some forest or another. They were truly stupid to risk their lives for an inanimate object, and for that reason among many others, Leah believed and supported muggle hunting.

"Life is too short to rush around... especially for our kind. For that matter, why have you stayed?" Leah was curious to hear what his answer would be. Did he have some sort of plan up his sleeve regarding this area?

Andrew smiled as she said she was the opposite of a tree hugger. All Death Eaters ought to be this way. The muggles spreading awareness and conducting seminars on saving the environment was all waste of time and money. In Andrew's view, he didn't care what happened to the next generation as long as his present was secured. But muggles were muggles, wrong in everything and they needed to be perished. Andrew could dream about the day when no wizards would live in secrecy.

He did agree with her, life was too short. The Death Eaters made sure of that for most of the muggles and mudbloods but for Death Eaters too, it was a risk, anything could come up any time. "Oh me..." he begun with a smile as Leah asked his reason for staying back. "Maybe to take a walk with a fine young woman" he said with a flirtatious smile. "But well..I need to get to know some people around here, you know" he said as he ran his fingers through his dark brown hair.

Leah chuckled at Andrew's forward remark. He did happen to be a very attractive man, and she would not resist if he made a move on her, but it would be emotionless, lustful fornication if it even made it that far. She had had enough of that sort of thing, most of the situations ending in silent heart break on her end. Plus, Leah was almost sure that someone had already laid claim to this charming young man. "Just a walk?" Her smiled curved coyly. "Very well, then." It was friendly banter between two young and energetic people, and she enjoyed it for what it was.

"I was in belief that many Death Eaters preferred to be alone." Leah joked. She knew exactly what he meant. Her friends were primarily Death Eaters, and many thought that the group were sullen and unfriendly, but for most members, it was untrue. Sometimes a good conversation with someone who held the same views and ideals did a great deal. "It is fine. I know what you mean."

Andrew did get the hint of where Leah’s thoughts were leading with her chuckle. Andrew could bring her to bed for the fun of it like he had done with many others but something told her not to. He had female friends to please him when he wanted but involving Leah could complicate matters. “I don’t like messing around with those who can be good friends” he said with a grin.

“Pulling my leg because I am new, huh?”He asked liking the attitude of the girl. “So how long have you been training now?”He asked her curiously. He had many questions about Death Eaters and their ways he wondered if she could fill him in on some basics.

Leah kept her smile on her face. Secretly she was incredibly relieved that he said what he did. She was growing tired of the loveless copulation, although she hadn't done the act with many. With the ones that he she had been with, it was enough to know that she missed having someone to care about her. "I agree. I already think we will be getting along nicely."

Leah shrugged, raising an eyebrow at the younger Death Eater. "Maybe, maybe." It wasn't often that she was allowed to be light and friendly with another human, and she was pleased that it came easy with Andrew. Perhaps she was really right, and they would make wonderful friends. "I've been training for almost a year. It's been...fun." And it was fun in a different way. Leah enjoyed the projects bestowed upon her, and did them with eagerness and ease. "Are you looking forward to receiving your first mission?" Most of the 'missions' were guard duty of someone who happened to have the imperious curse placed on them, or simple deliveries of illegal goods.

Andrew was pleased to get it straight with Leah his intentions on their friendship. He had gone through troubles and love issues many times and as complicated as they were, they were fun but when the issue was of being serious about having a friend which was the top thing on his mind, this complicated fun had no place in his life. "I'm glad to have you think that way" he said sincerely.The shady forest and the cool air made the walk all more enjoyable. He wondered if all their meetings were conducted in forests and abandoned places, wasn't it sometimes conducted in houses of members?

He was surprised to know that Leah was training for almost a year now. That mean't she was much more advanced then him and he had been thinking that they had started it on the same level. "Yeah, I'm looking forward to it" he said casually although he was very excited about it. Something told him Death Eaters didn't always show all their emotions and from a while know he had been learning on controlling that. "What was your first mission?" he asked wondering what sort of things he would be asked to do. Andrew had confidence in himself and knew that he would be successful however getting a little idea about it was always good. "And how long do you train?" he asked curiously.

"I'm very pleased as well." Leah was already taking a liking to this young man, their conversation flowed easily among the two and she felt no pressure to take it any further. Most men she attempted to be friends with assumed the friendship to come included with other services with no actual label on it, except perhaps friends with benefits. It was only so that they could be with other women and not feel bad for sleeping around. The thoughts of the idiocy almost made Leah roll her eyes.

"Good! I still enjoy it, so that should be a good sign for you." Leah had never been worried about disliking the Death Eater choice. Most of her friends consisted of older and far more skilled Death Eaters, and it was the incentive that pushed her to join and step up for many tasks. She only wished that those tasks were of more importance. They didn't trust the younger crowd, and she couldn't blame them. Most were idiots, and naturally Leah would be scooped up in that crowd. "You get your mark at twenty five, usually. Sometimes, if you prove yourself, you'll get it earlier. That's what I plan to do." Leah smiled. "Don't keep your head down. Just, obey the older ones. Most of the young crowd believe that they respect defiance because of the Death Eater thing, and so they disobey. Not true. Those are the kinds that will be rid of soon enough."

Andrew smiled and listened to Leah as she spoke about when they would get their mark and that he should obey others. She was right in giving him advice because he had to put out his best and this would help him. "I'll aim for doing that too, getting my mark earlier and proving myself" he said with a grin. "Are the meetings held at regular intervals or just at random?" he asked. He wondered how all the planning and the arrangements went and how it was kept so secretive. He reminded himself that he was new and when the right time came and if he was loyal to the group he would know all there was to know about it one day.

"Tell me about yourself as well" he told her. He wanted to get to know her for who she was and not have a mentor and mentee relationship with her because that would get boring. "I just remember you being a transfer student, the good looking Slytherin and then you left in your sixth year?" he asked trying to recall the little time Leah had been a student in Hogwarts.

Leah nodded, meeting Andrews eyes. It was good that he was one of the rare ambitious Death Eaters in Training, because so many young people would join and act as if this union of like minds was only a simple side hobby, something not to be taken seriously. They soon found out how wrong they were, and taken care of in the natural way to Leah's satisfaction. It didn't stop the older ones from looking down on her and expecting she to be the same, but it was wonderful to surprise them with an act of bravery and show them her true potential. "Even if we got our mark early, it will still be a few years before we are able to prove ourselves, unfortunately." That was the way things worked. "The meetings are completely random. It's always best not to schedule things ahead just in case Aurors are on the prowl.." Luckily, they hadn't had a problem with the Aurors lately, seeing as the Minister of Magic elections had kept them very busy.

"Oh, I'm not all that interesting." She lied easily. Andrew would of course disregard that, because anyone with this sort of lifestyle had to have some interesting past. "The good looking Slytherin?" Her vanity was easily preyed on, but she knew when to take it with a grain of salt. "Well, if you insist on knowing, I suppose a brief back story wouldn't hurt." Where to start. "I originally went to Beauxabatons, but some Uncle I never met died and so we had to travel to New Zealand to pay our respects. Long story short, my mother and sister wished to stay and my opinion was not considered in the matter. So, I went to Hogwarts New Zealand." Leah decided to continue on a bit more. "Anyway, I was seventeen in Sixth Year, and bored. I didn't feel like I could learn anything that I didn't already know, or could teach myself. So, I quit, and joined the Death Eaters. That's it really." The last part was obviously a lie. She had done quite a few things during the span of two years, but Andrew was not exactly someone she trusted right yet. "Your turn."

Andrew nodded agreeing with Leah. It would take them a while to prove themselves worthy. As she spoke about Aurors he remembered that this wasn't just a club, it was secretive and serious and the stupid Aurors wanted an end to it therefore they had to be careful.

He chuckled as she said she wasn't that interesting. To her she was, because up to now she was the only female Death Eater he knew and that itself made her special in a good way. He heard, paying attention as she spoke about her schools and her life, he notice that her father was missing in the story but he didn't question it, not right now at least. "Well, I was born an orphan and then my god mother came to adopt me when I was eleven and brought me to New Zealand. My first ten years were wasted with those stupid muggles following the orphan age rules and doing chores. Mallory was my mother's best friend and she adopted me. I was told that I had a muggle father who left my mother. With the help of my mother's great snake I found my father and took care of him and his muggle family. I left Mallory's manor because she had protected my father all these years. I realized on how much I hated muggles and mudbloods" he explained her when it was his chance to tell his story.

"My girlfriend asked me to complete my seventh year in Hogwarts, I did that and graduated and started training" he said bringing his story to the present. He wasn't going to go telling everyone about being engaged to Adira because he was unsure about that decision of his. She didn't love him enough to leave school for him and here he was ,all alone. "Do you have a job?"he asked Leah curiously because he was very much interested in finding a job for himself. Something of his liking and that paid well because he couldn't just do nothing all day.

Andrew had an interesting story to tell, and as Leah listened with attentive ears she smiled when he mentioned that he took care of his father. It sounded similar to what she had done to her own father, and she wondered if she could trust Andrew if she let him know about that. "Fascinating, Andrew." Leah took a few steps closer, ending the great divide between the two and smirking slightly. "You know, I am a little like you.. regarding the father situation." If he could tell her about what he did to his father, then she would be more obliging about sharing greater information about her own. It was tricky to open up to someone you just met, but also wise to capture certain information from a fellow comrade in arms.

"It's very good that you did complete school. To answer you, yes I have a job." It was a job Leah was proud of but she did wish she could do something more substantial than customer service. "I work at The Silver Snake." It wasn't anything to write home about, but it helped pay bills and waste time when she wasn't at home. "I wish I completely school, because by now I should be doing something a little more worthy than being an Assistant at a dark artifacts store."

Andrew smiled as Leah said that it was fascinating to her, his story. He knew his story was interesting, especially to his kind but he just wished he had a good and reputable family, maybe a father who would have led him here to the dark side and be his mentor. "Good to know we share a bit more in common" he said with a smile as he thought if Leah's father was a muggle like his or she had finished him like he had, or both. He knew he had done well in telling her the truth and even though it would take time for her to open up, he knew she would eventually.

Andrew understood the point of Leah about completing school after she explained her job as an assistant in Silver Snake. Maybe he could be a healer or a potion maker or something, he didn't want to take a risk by trying for the Ministry. "It might not be the best reputable job but I would think of it as cool since you get to deal with all dark artifacts" he told her with a warm smile. "I'm thinking of applying as a healer in St.Mungo's, if I don't get selected then maybe I would start my own Potion store or something" he told her about his thoughts regarding his occupation. "So do you live with your family?"he asked her wondering if it was possible for Death Eaters to live with their family and hide the secret at the same time.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry! Work has been hectic and demanding lately.

Leah nodded. "It is fortunate." She was pleased to have found common ground with Andrew and hoped that they would continue their just recently began friendship and feel comfortable to confide in the other. Who knows, perhaps they would also complete other tasks together, and form a sort of partnership. "My father was a pureblood, luckily. He at least left me with good blood." It was all the good he left her, the rest being the thirst for vengeance and the heart of ice. It was not something to be very proud of, unless the situation called for that sort of thing.

"It is nice to have a first look at the artifacts, but I would enjoy being in a much more important position." On of her dreams was joining the ministry and helping to unravel it from the ground up. Since she never did take her NEWTS she wondered if that career choice would even be possible. "A healer? That is respectable. We Death Eaters would have even more use for you." It was true that many Death Eaters were injured during certain missions, and they did need all the healers they could get. "I live by myself, and my brother Ashton stays with me on holidays. What about you? Do you live by yourself, then?"

OOCOut of Character:
No need to apologize, this week was hectic for me as well :D

Andrew was pleased to know that Leah's father was a pureblood. Purity of blood was always what gave a few who had it a better view and opinion in matters of wizarding community than those who were associated with muggles. "My mother was a pureblood but she was foolish to fall for a muggle" he said with a sigh, it always saddened him when he considered how her mother had ruined her pure blood line.

He smiled as he heard her say that being a healer was respectable. He did want to be of use to the Death Eaters and if being a healer was helpful, as she said it was then he was definitely going to try for that. "I live by myself since my sixth year actually. Mallory who has adopted me has been made free of her duties since I choose to leave her home and then got it done legally after I became of age. She is a muggle lover and she tried to protect my father by hiding his address" he explained her.

"I have got a fiancée but she's in school" he said with a slight chuckle. It was weird saying that since he had been with many women lately having almost forgot that he was engaged to Adira but as she had chosen studies rather than fleeing with him, it made him love her less and who knew what the future held for them.

Leah could not fault anyone for being born into the wrong family. She knew how that felt and the situation was completely impossible to fix, unless you resorted to murder, in which case Leah had partly solved her problem. She didn't fail to catch his sigh. "Worry not, Andrew. Many great witches and wizards have had the same problem as you. But, you've chosen the darker side instead of falling prey to muggle loving, and that is all that matters."

Leah would not find Andrew at fault for something that he could not help, and she hoped that many others would follow her example. He took care of the situation, obviously and plenty would take that into consideration before judging him. "I was lucky to grab hold of an apartment." She couldn't believe that Mallory, whoever the woman was, would attempt to keep things like that a secret. Foolishness. "I'm glad your situation was taken care of. The stresses of family can always be a hassle." Perhaps that was why Lolita Silverback murdered her entire family.

Of course Andrew would be taken. He was a very attractive man, yet Leah was not interested in him like that. He would be a great friend to her, she knew, and hopefully they could use one another to solve other problems within their lives. "School aged fiancee. It must be difficult not seeing her."

Andrew smiled as Leah told him not to worry because he had after all chosen the dark side. Of all the decisions he had made in life joining the Death Eaters was the one he was glad of the most. Even Andrew had got himself an apartment in New Zealand and lived there most of the time. He was the heir of his his biological mother's manor but he didn't like staying in such a big place not until he did something in life and had a reputable status to match the manor.

"It is difficult" he told Leah wondering why Adira didn't just get home schooled and be with him. Sometimes girl's thinking didn't make sense to him and he had a hard time right now wondering if Adira still wanted to be with him. She hadn't written to him in long time and they hadn't met for six months now. "I'll see her soon as the students will be having holidays" he said trying to be optimistic. His next meeting with Adira would set everything in place, she would have to choose between graduating or being with him. "You having someone in your life?"he asked Leah. She was pretty and was bound to have a boyfriend or something. He wondered who would it be, whoever it was must be lucky because Leah was not only pretty but smart as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back