I'm Sorry, Cupcake

Benito Orbon

Sexual Orientation
Whatevs
Wand
Straight 9 Inch Rigid Aspen Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Benito wouldn't call himself a bad boyfriend. No, he would instead call himself forgetful, with priorities that rivaled the priority of catering to his girlfriend. Priorities that conflicted with his plans at the last minute and often made him forget he had plans with his girlfriend to begin with. Nevertheless he had been taught to be somewhat of a gentleman and never forgot his priority to make it up to her with gifts whenever his other priorities were more important. So, no, he was definitely not a bad boyfriend. The box of cupcakes in his arms, covered in sickly sweet pink frosting (he would know, he had tried some on the way over) and decorated with red hearts was proof of that. The cupcakes paired with an honest speech of I'm sorry showed he cared no matter the reason he needed to show up with a speech and a box of cupcakes in the first place. That was enough, he told himself as he walked the stairs to his girlfriend's apartment, although carefully so he didn't mess up the cupcakes before approaching her door.

He knocked swiftly on the wood and called out. "Kylieeeee! I know I've been terrible again!" A pause, followed by no answer. He waited another moment before calling out again, mock singing tone more apparent paired with the toothy and playful grin spread across his face. "I have cupcakes that you'll miss out on eating if you don't talk to me!" It would only be a matter of time before she opened the door, if not to accept his cupcakes, then to stop him making a scene in front of her neighbors. Either way it was an opportunity for Benito to say his apology to Kylie and make up for forgetting her yet again.

After another embarrassing evening waiting for her boyfriend at a restaurant only to be asked to leave for other patrons Kylie had come home crying and hurt - she was the antithesis of everything she projected and wished her life to be as of late and as she came to her home crying she was sure that it was because of Benito who never seemed to think about her feelings until it came to a more private locale which even then was minimal. This was not what she wanted in a long term relationship and maybe if she had been practically isolated she would be able to bounce this thought off of another woman to validate her feelings and officially end it but instead she heard a knock at her door and a familiar voice calling for her as she poured herself a glass of wine and walked to her couch, silently stewing.

Kylie was tired of getting hurt by Benito, he always did such thoughtless things and it always ended up with her being publicly humiliated by him. If it wasn't a missed date it was something else and Kylie didn't know what to do to tell her boyfriend that it wasn't okay because she wasn't sure she could continue having this argument time and time again. And yet as she heard his voice through her door she wanted to forgive him because she did love him as complicated as he made it all the time. But with pride as bruised as a peach she stayed put in her seat and called out angrily, "Go away!" After she mumbled a less than ladylike word under her breath in anger as she sat, holding a glass of wine in her hands wishing that she could use Pia to send him away but instead she was probably at work and Calum well he was an intruder in her home and would surely welcome another.

Benito had assumed the promise of cupcakes would be enough to convince his girlfriend to open the door and at least hear him out. But instead after another silence she called back in their native tongue, telling him to go away. Benito chewed the inside of his cheek in thought, considering leaving Kylie to her own devices so he could return later and plea forgiveness when she was calm and wouldn't say something she might regret. Though this consideration was only momentary and Benito was soon knocking on the door again, calling out to Kylie in return with guilt evident in his voice. "But I can't go away! I'm holding a big box of cupcakes that I can't eat by myself!" He responded, choosing to keep to English so it gave Kylie more of an incentive to open the door. Surely she wouldn't want this broadcasted to the entirety of her apartment building and would eventually open the door just to shut him up. But no matter if he was calling out in English and pulling out all the stops to get Kylie to talk to him in a way that made him look more terrible than he was already, it didn't change that he was aware he had done something wrong for what he was sure was the millionth time in their relationship and wanted to make amends. Even if Kylie wanted him to go away and eat all the cupcakes alone, he wanted to stay and attempt to work things out. It showed he cared if the cupcakes and the fact he was on her doorstep wasn't enough proof of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back