I'm Not Sleepwalking... I'm... Lying...

Nobody Marsters

OOC First Name
Cole
"No, just leave me alone!" The dreams became more violent for Nobody, every night she was there. In a place where she knew she wasn't safe, in the night where she was alone. No one could find her, see her; save her. She sat up quickly, right before the worst part happened. The cold feeling of her tears on her skin, made her shiver. Nobody stood, getting on her ankle-length, red fuzzy robe. She wasn't wearing much else, a small nightgown, a hand-me-down from another girl in the Gypsy tribes. She missed it, being at home. The camp fires and the beauty of the stars. And that's what brought Nobody outside, out under the moon, shivering in the night. She had brought a small blanket, and a pillow to lay on, she planned on staying outside until either rain or people woke her up.

She always hated the dorms, they were crowded and it killed her to sleep with so many other people. She didn't like waking up to find them looking at her matted hair, or her thighs that had become exposed during the night. She rolled on her side and looked at the grass. It was wet with dew already, and cold and new. It was freshly cute, and she had to wear a muggle spray to keep the bugs off. "Where's the moon?" She asked herself, wanting to see it. When she looked, she was connected to everyone she knew, her friends, and her adoptive sister.

The moonless night finally came, Zac could hear the werewolves howling everywhere. He sneak to the common room leaving Scipio, the room mate of his in the room and took his jacket and start walking toward the dark corridors. Usually, those students who wanted to practice the dark arts were on the corridors at this hour. The place wasn't that safe especially for those who couldn't protect themselves. The night was dark, Zac started to wonder about a sister of his who was sick. He was worried about her, he didn't want those crazy students to attack her and start making her their victim. Zac had seen innocent girls being tortured by older students or students on his age in this school.

Zac spotted a girl sitting all by herself on the grass. He walk toward her and sat beside her. He wonder what this girl was doing all by herself in the middle of the night. It was slightly dangerous for her to wander around the castle at this hour. "You know it's not safe to be out around this time" He smiled at her. If the girl was a violent type then he would leave her alone but if not then he might enjoy an accompany.

Though she was awake, Nobody still had the images of being tortured. It had only happened weeks ago, the second time she had really been traumatized. It was a boy, not much older then herself, he had been viscous. She still had the bruises, the black eyes were covered good with make-up. Didn't matter though, everyone knew. The boy didn't make an effort to hide anything. She remembered how he had nearly squeezed the life out of her, her lips were blue instead of the dark pink they normally were. He made her be on formal terms, forcing her to tell him her name. She had thrown up once she was let go, it was horrible. She sat up when a voice reached her ears.

Nobody was talented, a dance. She spun with her blanket and faced a familiar dark haired boy. Her onyx-colored eyes got wide, the tears from earlier filled them again. She was speechless, it might not be him she tried to convince herself. "Please, don't hurt me!" She exclaimed in a hoarse whisper. She wasn't able to produce more then that. Already her throat was closing with the feel of his hand on them.

Zac was a little surprised when the girl told him not to hurt her. "What? I'm not going to hurt you" He said calmly as he smiled at her. It wasn't the girl's fault anyway, there was this Japanese family in the school who had been bullying other students. Zac looked so much different than them, Zac was smaller than them but it was night anyway and it was dark. People couldn't tell the difference, all they knew was that they looked Asian-ish. "What makes you think I'm going to hurt you?" He said in the calmest voice he had. Zac wasn't a violent-type, if someone tried to mess up with him, he'd rather go. He never really hurt someone else, but since the broke up, Zac began attacking them back. That was the only way to protect himself from these `predators`.

Zac observe the girl and founded a bruise on her eyes. He could always tell when someone tried to cover their bruise with make up, his sister taught him that. "Are you okay? What happen to your eyes?" He looked at her in the eye as he took a handkerchief and handed it to her so that she could wipe her tear. He didn't want to touch her eyes, he was afraid if he hurt her. The girl was scared anyway and he didn't want to make it worse.

She took another look at the boy that was standing over her, her eyes adjusting a little more to the low lighting. She titled her head back to look up, it couldn't be him. This boy was smaller, her was skinny and less Asian. Kyouhei, as she recalled, had been tall, well built, and was looking full blooded, this boy didn't look full blooded. She didn't want to answer this boy when he asked why she thought he was going to hurt her. How could she respond to it without being offensive or anything. "I.. i mistook you for someone else." She grabbed her bunny shaped pillow, and hugged it to herself, feeling uncomfortable. She kept her dark irises pointed away from him, looking at a small caterpillar climbing across her blanket. She hated bugs, but, she didn't move. What if this boy was a relative of the other boy.

She jumped back a little bit when he brought the handkerchief onto her bruise. There was no pain, and she wasn't worried about him knowing, she was just scared. Her eyes jumped around in her head, and she nodded when he asked if she was okay. "F-fine." She whispered, her soft, chime like voice a bit pitchy. "I.. I fell."

Zac tried to comfort the girl, he didn't want her to feel uncomfortable around him. He knew Veronica was so much better in these kind of situation, he had been with her before. "Mistook with who? The Watanukis? I knew that" He let out a small chuckle, some people thought he was one of those psychopaths but it was slightly odd for people to think that they looked similar just because they were both Asian. Zac saw the girl grabbing her pillow and hugged it, he knew the girl was scared but Zac couldn't put his arms around the girl to comfort her, right? After all, he was a stranger and she was too.

Zac started to be serious when the girl told him that she fell. "Listen, I may not be a genius but I'm not an idiot. At first you begged me not to hurt you and secondly you told me that you fell until you got all these bruises on your eyes? I know this is none of my business but if you don't tell anyone then things might be worse. And you know what I'm talking about." He did that because he was worried about the girl, not that he liked her THAT way but he wanted the girl to be safe. He was protecting his sister after all and he couldn't imagine if the sister of his was abused by someone else.

It was obvious that the Watanukis were exactly who she was talking about. Her pupils on instinct grew a bit, making her eyes darker then then were before. When Nobody was scared, that's what happened. Sometimes it was a bad thing, like when it was bright out. If her pupils grew in the light, it would make everything fuzzy to her. But, if they grew in the dark, she could see better. She took in the boys bony face, and felt slightly stupid for assuming he was one of them. She looked at the fluffy, pink pillow, stroking one of the long ears on it. She didn't want to talk anymore, she wanted to melt into the ground. She wanted that a lot more then she usually did, and often, that was the only thing she wanted.

She heard him talking again, and looked up a little more. Even though she was terrified, and could think of a million places she'd rather be, she almost always had to look at someone when they were talking to her. "Hey, it was a good try!" She complained when he knocked her excuse for the bruising that she had acquired a week ago. "Talk about it?" Her head whipped up, and her dark eyes met his. "You know the family, how could talking about it make it any better." He soft voice was hard now, she was serious, and her eyes spoke what she knew. If she told on the family,t heir money would make it go away, and she would be dead the next time one of them saw her.

Zac wasn't sure if the girl was comfortable around him or not, he didn't want her to feel awkward when he was around. And he was a total stranger to her anyway that was why he couldn't force her to tell him all about her, that would be rude. "I know about them, my sister used to be their victim. Stay away from them and stay close with the professors. They'll stop when a professor caught them, if you're messing with the younger sister then get your wand ready" Zac didn't really know what to say to the girl. The only thing that was in his mind was that to stay away from those psychopaths, most of them were the same and they care nothing about other people. And what was worse was that they got O's in dark arts and was the teacher's pet.

Zac scooch away from the girl and lie himself to the grass and started to gaze to the stars. "Don't worry about it, you'll be alright as long as you stay in group. Or there's one alternative that I've been thinking" He let out a small chuckle. "Move to another school" He said simply. There were a lot of schools that the girl could go Beauxbaton, Salem, Hogwarts Scotland, Hogwarts New Zealand, or homeschool or even muggle school. Zac then sat up and smiled at the girl "Hey you want me to leave? I don't want you to feel uncomfortable if I'm around" He shrugged.

She heard his words and looked down. She knew that they had other victims, but, the odds were uncanny that it would be another girl. Maybe girls were weaker then guys, which sounded sexist and it couldn't be true. Guys had less to deal with to make them stronger, such as menstrual cramps or having kids. Nobody nodded at his suggestions, had he met her a few weeks prior to the attack, she may have been better off. She reached one arm over her shoulder to itch a spot where a mosquito had bitten her, she hated bugs. She usually freaked out around them, and never wasted them to touch her. Back home, they had a repellent for bugs, she forgot it though, and couldn't bring any to school. She looked at her pail hands, picking at her cuticles. Another things she did while nervous. Her habits were getting worse and worse, such as biting or picking her nails.

"Well, I can't really move in a group." She said, knocking down his option. She wasn't really popular enough to have a group, in fact, this was the first interaction she had had with people in quiet a while. When he offered to leave, she shook her head and looked up with wide eyes. "I... i like the company." She said in a quiet voice, as if it was a bad thing that she did. It wasn't though, it couldn't be a bad thing.

Zac smiled at the girl and stood up. "Come on, I'll walk you to the common room, we can talk there. It's a little dangerous out here" He smiled at her and walk toward the corridor. "So what's your name? I'm Zac, Zac Kuang" The corridor was windy, cold, and abandoned at this time. He could hear some sounds, perhaps it was one of the Watanuki or one of those psychopaths training their dark arts. "Never go out from your common room at this time." He warned her, if Kyouhei was the lad that was had been haunting her then she should think twice about going out at this time.

To keep everything light, Zac quickly change the subject. "So you got any siblings? My sister was from Beauxbaton and is currently in Durmstrang, she's 2 years younger than me" He smiled remembering his sister who was going out with Scipio. He was pleased with her sister's boyfriend who was protecting her from danger and he was also a good lad. "I'll introduce you to her later" He nudged her playfully. "Don't worry about friends, I can introduce you to some of my friends" He smiled at her.

Nobody gave a light smile and stood up slowly, grabbing the small blanket she had brought to lay on. it was so soft and fuzzy, she loved it. It had been a gift for the first year that she had spent with the Gypsy's. She had ran away on her birthday, so it was the birthday and the anniversary. They were always so thoughtful. They had traded this with one of the other Tribes for some entertainment and profits. They even got it in her favorite color, Scarlett. She hugged it to herself, and then wrapped it around her shoulders, snuggling the bunny-pillow. "I'm Nobody." She said, glancing away quickly. He'd probably ask her to be serious, give out her real name. It was her real name, and when people said that, it made her self-conscience about everything. The truth was, Nobody wasn't even her name. She's been called that for years, because she didn't have a first name on her birth certificate. Nobody was a pet name, if anything.

"I like the moon, and the stars." She commented, making it her excuse for being out so late. She nodded and listened to him talk about his sister, he seemed very fond of her. She could tell that there was a close bond, it was in his voice, and his facial expressions. "I have no blood siblings." She commented. "But, I have a very close friend." That was all she was going to say. She still didn't know this guy, if he was a spy or something for the Watanuki's. She shook her head at his offer. "It's really nice of you, but, I'm not a friend person." She said, struggling to find the words.

Zac rose his eyebrows when the girl introduced herself as Nobody. That was an odd name for a pretty girl like her, of course Zac had no love interest in the girl. He was trying to calm her down, the sister of his had been in her situation before and that was why he was protecting the girl. He couldn't imagine seeing innocent girls beaten up buy psychopaths. "Well if you need anything, just knock my door" He smiled at her. "So... What do I call you?" He felt a little wierd if he called her nobody but it was all up to the girl. He didn't mind but ah well...

Zac then sat on one of the couch and took a random magazine in front of him. "Well again, if you ever need me then just owl me or knock my room. It's right over there" He pointed at a door on the left up on the second floor. "No worries, just be careful" He said calmly, he couldn't force the girl to be friends with his friend right? After all it was all up to her, he wanted her to be safe and either she wanted to gather up with some friends or not, it was all up to her. But he was concern about the student's safety. Perhaps if he moved to Beauxbaton, Sally would come along with him? And that way, the younger sister of his would be safer there.

She looked at him, seeing his expression. That was what she was looking for, the confusion that she always saw when she said her name. She glanced away, and her puppy-dog eyes traced the small shadows in the dimly lit corridors. She didn't like being inside when it was dark, the outside was so much safer then the inside. She looked back at him and nodded. She meant to say thank you, but, she was distracted by his next question. She gave a small shrug, "Whatever you'd like." She said. "If you aren't comfortable with Nobody, then call me something else." She had been called many things before, and even Minni-Mouse. Because she was a mousy little girl and that was the way that the tribe seemed to view her. Not that she minded it.

She looked at his room, and wondered if he was going to leave her there. "Do you like it here?" She asked, her voice quiet, a whisper that seemed to echo with the hollowness of the corridor. She didn't smile, she kept a strait expression. Her blond-brown hair was tied up, and she liked it that way. Only her bangs hung in her face, just above her eyes in most places.

Zac shrugged, he didn't know what to call the girl. "What about your last name?" That could be an alternative, to call the girl by her last name. If Zac was in Hogwarts Scotland, he might have call students that he knew nothing about by their last names. But Zac wasn't used to it, but instead of calling this girl Nobody, Zac rather call her by her last name. Nobody was an odd name for someone, he couldn't imagine if she bumped one of those guys who loved mocking other people. There weren't a lot of plastic girls in the school, he had heard that there were a lot of those in Hogwarts especially Beauxbaton. But not in Durmstrang, there were too many psychopaths in the school and a lot of girls were afraid of them.

Zac then smiled at Nobody and shook his head "I don't mind really. This school is sure not safe but I sort of like it. I really want to move you know for my sister. I want her to be safe but I don't know if she'll want to since her boyfriend is also here and they've been together for quite a while" He said truthfully as he toss the magazine to the table and rested himself to the couch. He felt so comfortable right now, he didn't feel like going to the dorm. Staying all by himself in the common room was a habit of his since he didn't want to disturb his sister's `privacy`, after all... Scipio, Sally's boyfriend was a room mate of Zac.

Nobody wasn't used to giving out her last name, mostly because she dind't like it. She hated her god-forsaken parents, who had abandoned her when she was so young. who had put her in that awful home for such a long time. Ten years they had made her rot in that hell, while they just disapeared. She looked at her hands and shrugged a bit, "marsters." She wasn't happy saying it, that word held so much venom. She hated it, she hated them. She couldn't wait until she was 18, when the tribe would give her her own name, a new name that represented her as one of their members. She wanted that so badly, she could even tell people what it tasted like to have a new name; and she would once it happened.

She wasn't sitting, she dind't like to sit on the couchs, which had recently been cleaned of the blood from when she 'tripped and hit her nose'. She smiled though and nodded. "I can understand, it's very nice that you think so highly of your sister, as to give her the choice. that's real love between you two." she frowned a bit, thinking of his siters boyfriend, she almost wished she'd had one at any point in time. nobody had never really had an interest in boys, especially not ones from this school. She just wanted someone to protect her, and to tell her she was beautiful; even when she knew she was a mess. She stood there awkwardly in the silence, waiting for him to speak.

Even though Sally was Zac's half sister, he loved her with all his heart. And after all, they grew up together and lived in the same house... Or mansion. Especially now, Zac was given a luxury apartment in Sofia and his sister got to live with him which meant that he got more time with her. "I'm sure you'll find good friends here. There are a lot of friendly students here, not all are like the Watanukis" It was true that there were a lot of awesome students there, his friends were alright they were nothing like those psychopaths and he hope that Nobody meet someone like them.

"So miss Marsters, why do you choose Durmstrang instead of other schools? I was from Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts. The school's awesome but it's kinda... Strict" He shrugged, W.A.D.A was perfect but his father wasn't a big fan of that school and decided to put Kyouhei in Durmstrang so he would act like `real boys`. But Zac was never a violent type of lad, he could never hit other people for fun, he did that only for protecting himself. He could never beat other people even if he was really mad. His father wanted him to be able to protect himself, he used to be weak but not anymore. Since he was in this school, he had to be able to protect himself no anytime.

In her eyes, anyone could have seen the flinch from when Zac had mentioned the Watanuki's. It was very hard for her to even hear names without being terrified of them. As if he was just going to pop out of the dark and pull her into a black abyss. It might just happen. She remembered, shortly after getting here, they were doing another study on boggarts. They had even brought one in, she had been laughed at a lot when Kyouhei popped out of the little wardrobe-like thing. Especially since she had passed out before she could do anything about it. She had to stay in the infirmiry, and worse yet, she was there for a week because she wouldn't tell anyone why he was her boggart. She nodded to Zac. "I hope so..." She said quietly.

When he called her by her last name, she did not protest. She couldn't, because she had given it out. No matter how much she hated the name, she dind't want him to think she was ungrateful. He was hanging out with her, more then anyone had ever done, and for that she was grateful. "i used to go to Hogwarts Scotland, but, i transfered out for personal reasons." She chose her words carefully, not yet ready to spill her guts to this stranger. "i ran away, I am now living with a branch of musai, under Elder Dahlia. I'm a gypsy. They wanted me to go to school, and this was the one that was chosen." She shrugged, catuiosly taking a seat.

Zac decided to lighten her mood, if he kept talking about the Watanuki, he would scare the girl. "Two of my siblings were going to Hogwarts Scotland but my father decided to put them in Hogwarts New Zealand" He smiled as he rested his head on the couch and closed his eyes. "Hmmmmm.... It's nice here, not so cold and not so hot" He then opened his eyes and smiled at the girl. Even though the school was creepy, there was still good things in there. If he wasn't there then he wouldn't meet his friends now. But he was quite disappointed that his friends moved to Hogwarts New Zealand. Once Vivian and Brad were in there, he would force them to go meet his friends and send packages to them.

Zac had never met a gypsy before, Nobody was the first one. "Oh wow, gypsy? Tell me everything about being one of them" He was interested in them, there were a lot of people who wanted to know how it felt being Asian since the culture and tradition was complicated but Zac wanted to know more about other culture since he had been doing all he Asian tradition since he was little especially Chinese. After all he was half Chinese, quarter Japanese and Korean and those three countries had so many complicated things. The culture, the celebration, name, etc they were too many of them and Zac had been struggling to remember them. He was sure that the twins memorize all of them.

"Hogwarts Scotland has proved to be a dangerous place." She said. "Only if you fall in with the wrong crowds." She didn't smile when she said that, and her eyes went up to the right. She tried hard not to be typical, since this was a sing of visual remembrance, something she had learned to read in peoples eyes. She glanced back at him when she realized that she was doing it, trying to get the images out of her mind. She smiled a bit and filled her head with images of the tribe, since that is what he had mentioned. This was something she was open about, since she only knew what civilians could learn from books.

"My tribe is under Elder Dahlia, and she branched off from the Musai, they are the muscicians, and the dancers and such of the tribes. it's really uiet interesting. My sister took up violin and another instrument, and I do flute and singing. Everyone has their own talent, some are cooks; everything is done theatrically. We hold weekly gatherings to work on skills and teach each other our own." She smiled proudly. "It's an all girl tribe, and i only recently joined." That was something she had not intended on saying. No one knew that Nobody had ran away. What f he turned her in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back