I'm Never Going Back, The Past Is In The Past

Sanctuari Ellison

OOC First Name
Cole
Dusk had just settled over the horizon of a small Honduran town. Sanctuari walked along the dirt and cobblestone roads, having left her house ready for a date only moments before. The young brunette couldn't honestly remember the last time she'd been out for drinks; it had to have been years. Her blue dress swayed lightly in the same pattern as her long, brown ringlets. Her pink eyes reflected the sunlight lightly, and she smiled, waving at some of the shopkeepers. A few of them made comments about how dressed up she was, and how happy she looked. It was a nice feeling. After she had been institutionalized for a while, she was treated so delicately. Now she was able to walk around without members of her family, or friends of the family following her; worried for her safety or her mental health.

Some asked about her tattoo, a small badge on her shoulder that represented her previous house. She only said it was from her school; nothing that would endanger her or her fellow witch. Her shoes stopped clicking on the pavement briefly, only to continue to do so on a hardwood floor. She entered the bar and took a seat, waiting now for her date; if she could call him that. Now that Sanctuari thought about it, she didn't know what she could call him. They really hadn't even introduced themselves to each other. "Two waters, please." She said, when the waiter came around. All she could do was wait, her back to the door so that her beautiful waterfall braid would be the first thing he saw.

Jake dressed how he felt, cool. He had his worn Converse and leather jacket and he felt totally confident walking into the door of the bar. Jake spotted her right away, he still didn't know her name but he would have spotted her from a mile away in such a beautiful dress. Walking over to her Jake smiled, her eyes were pink and very bright. Just as he was about to sit down he spotted a tattoo on her back right shoulder and his green eyes sparkled. Cooley he sat down and nodded at her gown, "Hufflepuff aye? I was a Gryffindor myself but I don't believe we've met, Jake Highlander."

Jake figured it would be best to get everything out in the open since it had now become obvious to him that she was a witch. Jake couldn't remember the last time he had been on a date with a witch, there were too much trouble always acting so stuck up and serious, but he had a good feeling about this one. He had never dated a Hufflepuff after all, and he had met her cliff jumping so she had to be spontaneous like him.

Sanctuari was not fashionable, and she didn't always know how to spot the latest fashions, but she was sure that what this man was wearing was not a latest trend. In fact, she was sure that her grandparents had worn clothes like his, but she still smiled at him as he sat down in front of her. She laughed slightly, glad that he was taking off the leather jacket at least. "I think I liked the wet suit better." She said with a little laugh. Sanctuari then smiled and nodded at him. "Yep, proud to be a puff. How old are you, maybe you were there when I transferred in?" She asked. She probably would have remembered a guy who looked like he could have hopped out of the pages of a muggle studies book; but you could never assume anything.

Sanctuari then realized that she hadn't yet introduced herself. "Sorry, I'm Sanctuari by the way. Most people call me Ri though." She extended a small, thin hand for him to shake, her lips parting to show her teeth as she smiled. The light red lipstick was a stark comparison to her white teeth that were obviously well maintained.

Jake chuckled when the girl slighted his clothes. He was who he was and he was a wizard who had all but assimilated into the muggle community. She asked his age and he was glad they were moving forward, maybe sometime tonight he would learn the girls name. "I'm 29. Ahh and you transferred in. Where from?" Jake was in the mood to get to know this girl. Almost all his relationships were fleeting save for the one he had with the Hali family, and all of them were muggles save for Sadie, his god daughter.

Finally Jake got to learn the name of his mystery girl, Sanctuari. It was a interesting name and he immediately liked it. "Well I'm not most people..." Jake paused and thrummed his fingers on the table, "I'm going to call you Ari." He pronounced it like Airy, it had a nice ring to it and didn't care if she liked it or not in his mind she had just been christened.

Sanctuari smiled that he was chuckling at what she said. She was pretty pleased that he wasn't angry at her comment. She couldn't help it. She wasn't mean, she just spoke her mind, and honestly, she meant what she had said. The wet suit had defined him better; though Ri would never admit that she'd been checking him out. Sanctuari was conservative when it came to those sorts of things, especially after Link... Ri shook those thoughts away and smiled at Jake. "I just graduated a few years ago actually." She commented as the waitress set down the waters. "I was home schooled by my foster parents, along with my sister." She drank from the water that was brought to them before ordering herself a few shots of whiskey with a sweeter tasting chaser.

She then eyed Jake and rolled her eyes. "You're somethin' I know that." She grinned though, looking at his green eyes. They were a lovely shade. Sanctuari had always wished she had normal colored eyes. "So, why Honduras?" She asked, referring to the fact that he wasn't from around here.

Jake listened intently as Ari spoke about school, he was a good listener and picked up on the fact that she had at least one sibling maybe more being a foster child. Jake actually had cousins who were adopted because his aunt and uncle couldn't have children. For all it's faults Jake had always had a good deal of respect for the foster care system and the people who opened their homes to children and treated them like family. "I would have hated homeschooling, friends to go adventuring with and not to mention the experience of living in the castle. It must be nice though at times to be with your family all the time." He shrugged a bit and drank a bit of his water. He loved his parents and they were good people but he couldn't imagine being home with them all year as a child.

When the waitress came back around he told her to surprise him, she didn't really understand so he explained to her that he wanted three random drinks not taking into consideration cost, and he also specified he didn't want to be told what they were. It was something he liked to do, take the risk of loving or hating a drink. Jake had never understood the people who had a usual or drank the same thing at every bar they went to it had to get boring over time. With his trick he was never bored. Santuari said he was something and he smiled, he had always been a bit quirky. Never fitting in fully with wizards or muggles just a combination of both. At her question he smiled, "Where to begin, the surf for one thing, the language, the culture, the people. It really is just a peaceful place to vacation." He smirked, "It also helps when you can be anywhere in the snap of a finger."

Being a wizard had it's ups and downs but no travel fees was always a good one. Flying seemed like a daunting task and Jake had never done it, boat and trains yes, but in all his twenty-nine years he had never flown.

Sanctuari flipped her brown locks over her shoulder, her tattooed skin tickled by the waves. Her smile was not wide, however it was evident that it was there. Her attention was focused on the ginger in front of her. Sanctuari could tell that Jake was listening, and it was a nice feeling It'd been while since anyone had really, truly just sat down and wanted to know more about her. Ri hadn't experienced attentiveness like that since... he'd passed. And overwhelming sadness approached Sanctuari, but she didn't let it overtake her emotions, as it would simply ruin their night. Ri didn't want that to happen; this was the first actual date she'd been on since only Merlin knows when.

Sanctuari was more than surprised when she heard his order. Ri knew what she enjoyed and stuck with it. While she was an adventurous person, she didn't normally venture far with her food and drinks. However, being with someone adventurous, made Ri feel like being a little daring as well. "Hey, I'll have the same thing, same drinks." The waitress then left them be, giving them a bit more time to chat. Sanctuari nodded at Jake and laughed slightly. The culture was a beautiful thing in her home town. "I haven't traveled in ages, honestly. I've been staying here." And Ri liked it, since it was relatively comfortable living. "So, tell me about yourself?" She said, showing that she wouldn't mind if they kept talking.

Jake took notice in the little things that Ari did, the flip of her hair, her slight smiles and his confidence grew. They were small gestures but they let him know he wasn't being ignored and he was keeping her interested which was all the in he really needed. He was quirky so she would decide soon enough if she liked that about him or if it was too much to bear. Although Jake really hoped she would like him, which was a feeling he hadn't experienced in quite some time. Ari seemed like the kind of girl he could travel with and be himself. While so many other girls loved his adventurous side they wanted to tame him, but in reality that could never happen. It would be the same as taking away all that made Jake who he was.

Jake's point was proven when Santuari ordered the same thing as him. She was willing to take chances, like with her drink order, and risks by coming on this date in the first place. It made Jake more and more interested in her as time passed and he couldn't wait to learn more about the woman. "I understand that, it's about prioritizing, I just don't have a lot of things tying me down right now but that could change in an instant." Jake looked at her as if to say she could be that change if she would let him. It was then she asked to know more about him. He broke eye contact and settled in his chair, it was obvious he was thinking. "I like surfing and traveling, but you already know that." He smiled and continued, "I have a degree in creative writing, my best friend is a muggle, and this is the first date I've been on in two years."

Jake figured she would have comments and stopped there, he knew he hadn't been very descriptive but in a way had told her a lot. It was then their first drink arrived it was a pale pink color and sent up bubbles and fizz of all different colors. It was very feminine looking but smelled strong and he wasn't sure he had had anything like it before. Picking up his glass he looked at Ari and raised him glass.

There was a bell ringing behind Sanctuari as people came and left the pub that they sat in. She could hear the familiar laughter of children, who were in light jackets and grabbing snacks that parents had offered. How many times had she and Alyce done the same thing before they went their separate ways? She turned in her seat slightly and smiled at the children that she was hearing, and then turned back to Jake. "It seems like there are more children than adults here." She commented, with a sad smile. Much of the Honduras population was children, as parents died relatively young and the teenagers who were dreaming of bigger things moved on another country, generally America, or in the case of people like Sanctuari, New Zealand. However, a date was not the place to be thinking about things like that, so she turned her attention more toward the boy who sat across from her.

Sanctuari laughed slightly at his proposal, that she might be the one to tie him down. Since Link's passing, Sanctuari hadn't really thought of being with anyone else in a serious manner. it never really crossed her mind anymore. When someone you love so deeply leaves you, replacing them seems to not be an option. Sanctuari was even afraid of forgetting him, though some nights she drank just to do something like that. it was a love ate relationships with the memory of a relationship that could never happen.

Sanctuari was caught off guard by how much he was actually willing to share, and the young brunette drank a little bit of the alcohol that was sat in front of her. It was a lot to take in, and being that she was his first date in a while, she hoped it didn't put him off to dating other girls. "Creative writing seems nice. I always wished I'd went to a regular college as well, but I never found the time." Ri took another drink from her glass, and set the now empty cup down on the table. Having partied for a good portion of her life, it wasn't hard for the brunette to put back a few drinks before becoming dizzy in the slightest. "Also, if tonight sucks, don't wait another two years to go out. I promise not all girls are as mean as me." She warned, though her pink orbs gave a hint of playfulness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back