I'm Giving Up One Of My Dreams Today

Cassia Rosatta

OOC First Name
Cole
Cassia had gotten her acceptance letter to the Paris College of Art, but she hadn't been able to tell Blaise. She hadn't been able to tell him anything. Cassia couldn't figure out why but it ust seemed to her that she and Blaise lived in two different worlds. Perhaps that was why when he was out that day she'd laid in their bed crying. Over two years together and somehow Cassia felt like she and Blaise had lost touch, lost communications. Blaise had never been romantic, but it didn't mean that she didn't want to love him. The door opened, Cassia had no idea what he'd been out doing but he was coming in. Cassia knew that she needed to tell him, and her happiness needed to be concentrated on. She'd left Spain four years ago to pursue a better life, and she was doing it now.

Coming out into the foyer of their small apartment Cassia didn't bother to hide that she was crying. Instead she whispered. "Blaise may I talk to you." In quiet English.

Blaise and Cassia had been living together for a while now. They'd been together officially for two years and he'd loved every moment of it. He did his best to try and find a job he liked in order to keep them off the streets. He knew his mother's house was always open, but Felix and Mari were there and though Mari wasn't too bad, Felix was annoying as heck. He much preferred living with Cassia over anything else, after all, he loved her and she loved him. Felix was off doing his dance thing and Mari was trying to get into art school. It was all pretty much done and dusted in his opinion. Walking into the apartment, Blaise looked up from his phone as he heard Cassia call him. He looked up smiling, until he realised that she had been crying. He put his phone in his pocket and moved to pull her into a hug. He didn't know why she was sad, but he would help if he could. "Cass, please tell me why you are crying. I want to help." Though he was much better at English than he was four years ago, he still was not great. Felix and Mari had picked it up much faster than he had and he didn't think he'd ever be great at it. He didn't need it though, he lived in France and he knew he always would. He loved it here, his whole family was here. Why would he want to leave?

There was no time to stall, in Cassia's mind beating around the bush wasn't exactly something she could do. Not easily anyways. The blonde sighed and looked back towards the sitting area, before nodding her head for him to follow her and pulling out of his lanky arms. The blonde ran through the first time they had met, the first time they had kissed - the second time. Every moment that led up to the aching in her small frame, the beating in her chest that felt like a base drum in a metal band. She felt sick for a moment and swallowed the taste of every time she'd said I love you, pushing to the back of her mind the way feather tendrils brushed back her hair and said they loved her too. This was not a time to reminisce and wish things could continue, not a time to talk herself out of it. She knew how she felt and it needed to be conveyed - for what if she just hurt Blaise more?

Cassia finally sat down, her deer knees no longer wobbling under the weight of an unspoken confession. "I have been applying to art schools. It's been so long since I ran away that it seemed I could do so." Half of her speech was in English, the other half remaining in french when she thought of words Blaise might not be solid on. "I got accepted into the Parisian Institute of the Arts. I'll be attending soon." She looked at her hands. "Blaise I think that while I'm in school we should be apart. Romantically not just physically." She sobbed gently, holding her breaking heart together. "I feel as if we live in two different worlds, something is a barrier but I don't know what. I love you more than I could ever imagine loving anyone else, but I need to do this for myself. I cannot just sit at home and do nothing forever. I won't be happy like that. I want to go to school and be happy. And i want you to continue doing your work, in your world and be happy. It just feels like... we have too many differences that I don't understand." She had no clue that Blaise was not like her - but her gut told her they were different, and perhaps he deserved someone like him. Whatever like him meant.

Blaise frowned and followed Cassia to the lounge, sitting with his legs underneath him. He didn't know what Cassia wanted to tell him, but he as getting a bad feeling about this. She only overused those words when it was something serious and he hadn't done anything to annoy her lately, so he could only imagine this was something bigger than that. God he hoped she was pregnant. He so was not ready for that conversation. If she was, he thought he would cry too. "Cassia, Dites-moi." (just tell me) He was getting a little impatient until she started speaking. She was speaking in a mix of French and English, taking care to make sure he understood every word. He knew she had a dream about art school, but he wasn't sure why that should upset her. Perhaps she didn't get in? Blaise reached out and squeezed her hand as she continued to speak. He thought it would be good if she could get into an art school. She was so talented she would be amazing, he just knew it. However, she soon turned to another topic. She thought that they should seperate. Blaise was confused and dropped Cassia's hand immediately. He was going to address it when she continued talking and Blaise carefully stood up from the lounge, pacing in front of her. It was true that there were many secrets between them but he didn't think it would cause Cassia to doubt them. There had always been a secret between them, there had to be, but Blaise never expected that it might break them up. "Cassia, S'il vous plaît, do you really mean this?"

Cassia knew this was going to be a big impact on every inch of her new life. However the bottle blonde was not a stranger to sudden or overwhelming changes. After all at just fifteen she'd packed everything she owned with a dream of finding family in stranger in another country. She'd called out for help in the pouring rain. She'd even told Blaise the truth which seemed the bravest of all her feats. Now though she needdd to give up on a dream to make hers come true. "I'll be hours away at. Eninstitue Blaise. You'd have to take tram to see me and take off work. I can't do that to you while I'm selfishly focusing on myself." She took Blaise's hand in hers and looked into his large, dark circled eyes. "I will never regret a second of the time I spent with you. Not a single kiss, or cuddle. I won't regret painting with your sister, or cooking with your mother. I am so happy I've known you. But now I have to know me. I have to do this..." Cassia stood and revealed that her bags were already packed. "I leave today to settle into campus..." she admitted. She hadn't wanted to wait until the last minute, but she didn't want to do this yet either. "I have to leave in ten or so minutes to catch my train..." she continued, lookin st the ground. If she just left after that things would be easier, but she stood right there in the small home they had built for themselves.

Blaise didn't know what today. He couldn't believe this was actually happening. Cassia wanted to leave him? But he loved her. Didn't that mean anything? They'd had two years together, he'd done everything for her. Why did she want to leave him now? He didn't understand. "Je t'aime Cass. Please stay." He wished he knew what he could say, but he'd never been good at speaking to her. It just wasn't a thing he was good at. He sighed and moved away from her again. He didn't know how to fight for her. He wasn't this person, Cassia had always been the one to move their relationship along, if it had been up to him, they would never have gotten together in the first place most likely. He looked at her in shock as he realised that she was leaving now. So soon? Blaise paced around the room, hugging himself. This wasn't supposed to happen, she was supposed to be with him forever, they were supposed to be together always. He'd promised he would never leave or make her feel like she needed to leave. Was that all a lie? Had he done something to make her think he didn't love her anymore? Was his magical secret really so big that she felt there was a whole life she didn't know about? Was this all his fault? Blaise didn't know what to do. "Please do not leave me, Cassia."

Cassia couldn't help but cry as he told her again he loved her. She loved him too. this wasn't right though. This relationship was selfish. Cassia realized that more and more as it seemed e hadn't even congratulated her for getting into the art school. She was thinning wrongly too though, of course he wouldn't congratulate her. He loved her. He wanted her to stay. Of course that's what his words said. In Cassia's mind she broke down the complexities of their relationship. She was always the one to make moves, throw out crazy ideas. Would she have had to propose to him as well? She couldn't have done that. It wasn't who she was. Cassia needed to leave while she could, and crossed the room with her luggage. "Je t'aime." She whispered, moving to kiss him on the cheek before she headed out of the room, leaving Blaise to stand, or pace, or whatever he would do in that apartment by himself.

It was done. Cassia had actually left him. He wasn't sure he could believe it to be honest. Watching her walk out of the room was the hardest thing Blaise had ever done and it was like the only thing he could focus on was her retreating form and it took until she was actually out the door for him to be able to move again. He moved to the lounge and fell backwards onto it. He didn't know how he was going to support himself on his own now that Cassia was leaving. He supposed he should probably go after her, but she clearly wanted to do this and who was he to hold her back? Shaking his head and sighing, Blaise decided that he would just have to find a way to prove himself to her. He didn't know what he would do, but he was determined to win her back.
End
Blaise was left with the task of deciding what he wanted to do to win back the one he loved. He knew that if he ever wanted her back he'd have to prove himself somehow. He just had to figure out how.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back