Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 13" Flexible Acacia Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Ever since the first weekend at Hogwarts, Ailsa had been having a problem. Well, it wasn't really a problem, more just something that was a thing. Ailsa had not thought her school career would start like this, she had not expected that she would be in Gryffindor to begin with, but also that she would meet some of the people which she had. A few were alright, she could deal with them, but there was one, that she didn't like. Archie. Now, Ailsa didn't hate the other boy. He was annoying, yes. He was a bit of cheat, yes, but he was fun to mess around with. If it was in class or otherwise, it just made things more interesting for her, when she didn't really have to do much to see him getting frustrated. Of course he had technically gotten his own back on her. Which had been pointless, since Ailsa had just annoyed him in both the charms class and the class they'd just had, flying. Ailsa had found that since the other boy was on the team, the Gryffindor quidditch team, she had been very annoyed about it. It was just annoying. She knew she was as good at him at quidditch, and while she hadn't joined the team, she hadn't wanted him to get on the team either.

"Go away Archie" She called back to him as she continued up the stairs. She just wanted to go back to the dorm, she didn't want to hear whatever he had to say about anything. She knew that she was better, and he was just a cheat anyway. Whatever he did, didn't count really. It was because of him cheating that first time that had even prompted Ailsa to really annoy him any more. "I'm just better than you" She said, not even glancing back at him until she got to the top of the stairs at the fourth floor did she actually look round to him. She didn't really care that she had annoyed him a lot, that she had purposely thrown bits of paper at him during charms. He deserved all that. "You know, my cousin is the Captain, I should just tell him that you're terrible and should be taken off the team" she smirked at him as she said this. It was true that her cousin was the one of the co-captains, but she doubted he would listen to her, but that wasn't really the point. It wasn't like this boy even knew that. He just had to think it was possible. "And you know, you can't cheat in quidditch"

Archie had never learned this girl's name, but he did know he was angry at her. During the week her efforts to annoy him were many, and while she attempted and attempted he gave her nothing. Barring his agreement to their race during the flying lesson his reactions to her futile efforts were none but emotionless; stone cold in the hope she would eventually give up. Only issue was, she didn't give up and now his tolerance had reached it's end point. So immediately after their flying lesson he mimicked her footsteps, inching along behind her as she made her way around the castle. Annoying somebody never always meant insulting them, nudging them with your elbow or throwing pieces of parchment. Archie knew this and rose to another level with his tactics. Following her closely, saying nothing and not backing down was a trick he often practiced around his sisters and now something he was glad to utilize in order to get his revenge. "I'm not leaving." Was the only thing he said, before continuing his close trail after her footsteps. Until she left him alone they were going to play this game, bantering back and forth. For all of this to stop, one of them needed enough maturity to say something, yet neither of them were mature enough to do so.

He ignored her as she spoke, knowing she was only lying to herself. She could call herself better all she wanted and it wouldn't change Archie's mind. From the begging of their little feud it was obvious her skills with flying were lesser, otherwise she would have won their first race despite his head start, and tried out and made a spot on the Quidditch team. He definitely didn't see her at try outs, so naturally he assumed she was terrible and was desperately attempting to hide it. What finally got him though, was her threat to have him kicked off the team. He was visibly caught by her words though tried to swallow the extra anger and continue their banter as usual. "If I was bad, I wouldn't have made the team." Words through gritted teeth weren't as audible but he had no choice. "I got my spot because I have more skill than you." Through it all, he still believed he was better than her though all he wanted to do now was hurt her. He knew he couldn't hit a girl, but damn, he wanted to. "It must suck to go through life being so bitter that you lost." He leaned forward and poked her shoulder, trying to throw the subject back to her so he didn't act further on his anger. "No wonder everybody hates you. You're bitter, and jealous because I'm so much better than you'll ever be!"

Ailsa knew that he was just following her because she'd been annoying him in class again. It was as simple as that. He just wanted to be able to annoy her like she'd annoyed him. Surely that was why. At his words, the girl just scoffed. Of course that was what he said to her. This was just funny. He might think that he was more mature as her but he really wasn't. He thought that he was better than her, but really he wasn't. Ailsa knew that while she'd lost some house points because of her actions, but that wasn't really something that bothered her. She wasn't fussed by it. This between them was just not so friendly competition, and she was really loving it. She didn't mind Archie really. He was a bit annoying to her, but she was okay with it. She had a little sister who could be annoying as hell, no matter how much that Ailsa could admit that she loved her. Glancing back at him, she gave a small smirk. They were just having fun, and while Ailsa knew she was the more immature of the two of them, she honestly really didn't care. This was fun, and annoying him was the most fun.

Ailsa was not as good at quidditch as she thought she was. She worked hard at it, she was sure, but she'd learned to fly mostly on her own, her parents had allowed her to fly with some others on those rare occasions that they were allowed to, but the rest she'd done alone. Ailsa knew she needed work, but she did still think of herself as being above Archie. At his response, she knew that she had somewhat hit a nerve with saying that she could get him off the team, she didn't have that kind of sway but, oh well. Happily she noticed he was annoyed and speaking though she could barely make out what was being said. Then, the boy continued speaking loud enough that she was able to hear what was being said. She shook her head at him. "Didn't even try out, as a first year you need to ask, and I'd rather not do that" She told him fairly honestly. It had been why she hadn't tried out, and why she wouldn't have tried out even if she was the best player. What he said next angered her slightly. What right did he have to call her bitter. "I'm not bitter, you cheated" she told him certain of herself, and then he continued on. "I'm sorry, everyone hates me? That's just stupid, I'm a sweet innocent girl, your just an awkward, strange looking boy who's making a girl cry." She taunted back, batting her eyelashes and then with a sweet voice. Rather than the usual underlying sarcastic tone. She then began to make her eyes water and that she was going to cry.

"You're so mean Archie. I'm just going to start crying until a professor comes to find out what's wrong, I'm going to tell them what you just said to me." She pretended to get more upset, though really all an act. He could probably tell too.

Archie had enough of Alisa's crap. Her persistence to convince herself she was the better one didn't hitch and Archie just grew more annoyed. He wasn't the best at flying, but he knew for certain he was better than her. She couldn't waste her time hiding behind petty excuses for not joining the team because in his eyes she was still trying to hide her terrible skills. She'd lost to him once, and only won their last race because he let her. She really was all talk, saying she was better than him on a broom yet failing to prove it. Archie had no reason to believe she was good at flying in any shape or form. "You know, the only reason you won just then is because I let you." Up until this moment he didn't plan to confess he let her win, but his anger grew to the point he really didn't care. This was all her fault, she was the one who was rude to him in the beginning, who annoyed him first in class, this was all her doing and the eleven year old had no shame in calling her out. "You're definitely bitter because I cheated." Their little feud wouldn't have begun if she weren't such an unpleasant person. If she reacted kindly to his greeting the first time they met, none of this would be happening.

As she began faking tears in a plea for sympathy he crossed his arms and lent back slightly, trying his hardest not to throw a punch her way. She was weak if she wanted to call a professor into this mess. If she was the better one like she adamantly believed, she would have the ability to stand up for herself, not run crying for help when the consequences of her actions hit her in the face. "This is pathetic." Archie spoke his mind, not once hesitating to be blunt. He saw through her charade and would happily call it out to a professor if she decided to run off to one. She was only making it worse for herself, really. "You're so weak." He continued, deciding to go into a small rant over her laziness to hold her side of the argument. "If you were better than me, you would fight your own battles, not run to a professor like a coward." Still trying to avoid punching her, he took a step back to try stifle his anger. When it didn't work, he decided to cut his losses. If he stayed a second longer he would probably hurt her and spite how much he thought she deserved a punch for annoying him and crying wolf he knew he wasn't allowed to. He was better than hitting a girl and spite all his anger he bit the urge back. That didn't stop him being immature about it, though.

"I'm leaving. You're really not worth the time." He said, turning to walk past her like he was leaving, but taking the liberty to give her one, hard shove in the side. Having the ability to control his anger enough not to punch her in the face was one thing, but holding back the urge to take a cheap shot was a whole other feat.

Ailsa didn't know why this was so much fun, to her it just was. She didn't really realise that the reason he was like this with her was because of how slightly rude she had been when they first met. And if he told her as much then she would be sure to tell him that the reason she had been had been a pointless question from him. She raised an eyebrow at him as spoke, let her win. Was that what he called that? In the back of her mind she could see the sense in it. She could almost tell that he wasn't lying, but she was not interested in that. She didn't care the competitive part of her mind was telling her that he was making it up to make her feel bad about her victory and for him to feel better about his loss. Of course, that had to be why. Why else would Archie not win? Seriously she realised this boy was competitive and if she'd been in his position she would've never let the other win. Where was the point in that. She had to assume from what she would've done that he would've done the same. It did however appear like the fake crying was annoying Archie more. It was obvious to the boy that these were fake tears but a professor might not think the same thing. They might think it was all real, and being the middle child, Ailsa had long perfected the craft of getting what she wanted when she put enough effort into it. This would be no different and perhaps getting Archie into trouble would be good.

When the boy spoke Ailsa continued with the fake tears, making it look even more like she was crying. Making herself look very upset. If a professor saw them now, it wouldn't be a good thing to see. She didn't really care for his words. In her mind this wasn't weak this was practical, using her skills to her advantage. Ailsa made her tears seem more real by emitting a noise that resembled a sob. She didn't say anything but as he decided that he was leaving Ailsa took a step forward, she hadn't however been expecting the shove from the boy. She was a little startled by it and as she was pushed back she felt herself trip backwards, at the last possible moment as she began to fall she just grabbed a fist full of Archie's top and pulled him with her. Causing them both to tumble down the stairs and to the ground. Where she was landed roughly, using a hand to break her fall, she then heard a resounding crack and a whole new wave of pain. She landed on the ground roughly, she felt dizzy and sore. She felt real tears in her eyes, but when she went to rub them away the pain flared up in her arm again. She sat up suddenly and noticed that her left arm did appear to be broken, and it was incredibly painful. She couldn't help but let out a pain filled gasp. As side from that, Ailsa felt sore and stuff all over. She had a couple of slightly bleeding scratches but overall despite the arm she was fine. "Archie?!" Ailsa glanced round for the boy. "What did you do that for?" she cradle the broken arm against her chest, looking at him. "You broke my arm, you idiot" her anger was clear but the pain she felt laced her words.

It was no secret Archie was angry at this girl. She not only annoyed him and tried to avoid consequence, she had attempted to fake tears to force him into the spotlight as villain. As far as Archie was concerned, they were equally as wrong. At least he had the nobility to admit it. If this simple fact failed to prove he was better than her, Archie didn't know what would. His decision to leave was the only option his mind could conjure. It was the only option, really. The eleven year old was dimwitted at the best of times, though had enough intelligence to tell when a situation was a lost cause. He wasn't about to throw himself in hot water by staying in a toxic situation any longer than he needed to. This girl was a waste of his time, that would get him in trouble if the professor believed her fake tears. It could go either way but he wasn't about to risk losing more points through her crying act. In the split second since his shove he was too distracted within his own throughts to notice her hands clutching his shirt and the force of gravity bring him down the stairs with her.

The realization Archie was falling didn't register until his body hit the stone floor with unrelenting force. His anger quickly vanished at the impact and the fall repeated in his head over and over. The shove followed by the girl's instinctive move to pull him down with her flashed by within seconds so in the few moments the Gryffindor took to process it all, it seemed as if nothing else existed. Just him, alone in the corridor staring at the castle ceiling in a daze. Only when the other Gryffindor's words pierced his thoughts did he come back down to earth from staring at the ceiling. He knew she spoke but through his disorientation and pounding headache couldn't distinguish her words from nonsensical mumbling. It was then he stood up, dizzy and disorientated yet attempting to save face by hiding it. Even when he could barely contemplate his surroundings he tried to seem collected, put together like nothing in the world could phase him. After a moment barely upright did he stumble over to a nearby wall before slipping back to the floor and bringing his knees to his chest. He let out a long sigh while trying to keep his mind fixed on a straight line, quickly realizing it was a lost cause before focusing his blurred vision on the girl the best he could. "Are you okay?" He said, voice barely above a whisper though within his mind at a piercing volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back