I'll Never Grow Up, Never Grow Up, Never Grow Up! Not Me!

Fawn Barrow

OOC First Name
Cole
Set Semester One of Year 26

Fawn didn't understand why she was being called to a meeting, and clutched close to her the fox that brought her protection. She'd been made fun of already for carrying around the toy with her, but the petite ginger felt safe only when she held the stuffed thing to her chest. There was something she didn't like about her head of house. He was creepy and old, and she was sure that if he were a part of the pack he'd be the first to be killed by a predator - he'd never be able to run away with his old hips and how fragile they probably were. Regardless Fawn was told by Akira she needed to respect him. With an uncertain look written all over her face she rapped white knuckles against his door and waited.

Keeping an eye on first years was not something that Kalif enjoyed. After witnessing and hearing complaints, he finally managed to gather some time to have a meeting with the girl. He did not know her situation, nor did he care. As he heard the knocking the door, it opened. Kalif was writing to his wife, before he paused and set the letter to the side. It was written in Bulgarian, seeing as that is his native tongue. He did not look at the girl just yet, "Sit." His tone was cold, commanding, as it always was.

Fawn watched with a pout as the door flew open. She was barely through the thresh hold when she was told to sit. Not thinking the ginger haired child dropped down in a crouched position, as the foxes in the forest did. She hadn't realized he may have meant in a chair, but instead was obedient as an animal may be - as Akira was teaching her to be at home. "You asked me to come?" She asked him in a simple sentence. While her English improved every day she spoke it, there were obvious delays - ones she needed to fight against.

Kalif raised an eyebrow as she crouched on the ground. What in the world was the girl doing? He rolled his eyes before he uttered, “In the chair, Barrow.” What in the world was this kid? Whatever the case, it was getting on his nerves. He simply did not allow it to show. He called her in here because she was skipping classes. Not intermediately, but all of them. He would look over a spare one here and there, but not all the time like this. He narrowed his eyes and stated in a cool voice, “I brought you in here to discuss your class attendance. Are the classes here not superior enough for you?”

The slytherin first year moved from her position slowly to the chair. At least it appeared more comfortable than the ones in the classes she had attended. The ginger moved into the chair, sitting cross legged in it, trying to find the most comfortable way to sit. The bottoms of her pants which were torn slightly were now tucked under her and she waited to hear what her head of house wanted. But the moment he spoke a grimace appeared on her face. "Superior?" She asked him. He'd used a word not common in her vocabulary, and ignoring his question she asked instead what the word meant.

"Good enough," Kalif explained curtly. He did not have time for something as trivial as this. He shook his head, a headache forming. This was ridiculous. He had better luck talking to his wife, and she often said the most ridiculous things. Kalif ordered, "Start going to your classes, or get out of the school. Your time here will be wasted otherwise." Kalif felt as though he finished that. He was quick and to the point. He would not waste detentions on this girl. She was not really worth it in his eyes. She did not do anything terrible, except just avoid classes.

Fawn sat still and cocked her head to the side. Her wispy ginger locks rolled down her shoulders and thin fingers grabbed at them, pulling ever so gently. "Superior - good enough." She spoke, trying to drill the idea of that as a definition in her head. Were her classes good enough? The older gentleman had lost her in her own thoughts as she tried to think. "I don't... like the professor. Potions. He smells bad." She recanted, wrinkling her nose slightly. It was only one class but it was enough to explain that she didn't want to go for her own reasons. "If I leave school what happens to my magic?" She inquired, her general curiosity masking her goal of perhaps just going back to the forest where everything was simple.

When Fawn started to speak about the potions professor, Kalif did not remark on that. Ever since that man's little comment, he had been on Kalif's bad list. If he wasn't a professor, then that would have made things easier for him. Kalif sighed, "And a ton of Slytherins aren't a fan of me or my class, but I expect them to go, regardless, and they do. If you leave the school, your magic will be lost. As in, you won't learn anything, and you can't use your wand before you are seventeen. Now, you are free to choose other schools if Professor Pendleton bothers you that much."

Fawn thought over the professor's words for a moment. It would disappear? Could they take her magic from her? Would navigating the forest be easier if she had magic? Fawn felt as if she'd be able to make her own without it - she did for some time. However with magic what things could she achieve? The ginger haired slytherin sank a little in her chair with a pout on her face. "I have to go here." She spoke. Akira wanted her there. "Do I have to take potions?" She inquired.

It seemed that his words were getting to her, which was good for Kalif. He didn't want to bother with the girl much longer than he could get away with. He sighed, as she asked if she had to take potions. He thought over it before he said, "You may drop it in your sixth year. Otherwise, you have to go. If you don't, you will fail and have to deal with me." Kalif was ending that there. It was evident from the tone of his voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back