Patrick Vernier

former hufflepuff & prefect | french

OOC First Name
Kaye
Blood Status
Half Blood
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Swishy Vine Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Even after Hufflepuff's win in quidditch, Patrick did not feel like celebrating with everyone else for once. As his team headed off to the common room after getting changed back into their robes, Patrick headed into another direction, walking himself along the second floor corridor until he came across an abandoned classroom. He knew that no one would be waiting for him in the common room anyway and for once he just wanted to be alone to try to clear his head. As he entered the classroom he sat himself on the floor, his back leaning against the wall as he buried his head in his hands. He didn't usually like being alone and couldn't help but feel ostracised from everyone else. Was this how his sister felt when she had to move schools? But Patrick felt it all the time, even if he was around others. He sat there quietly, feeling his head throb from the game and hoped this feeling would go away soon.

Even though he was a big quidditch fan, Jacob hadn't stuck around for the whole game. He'd heard the cheers way in the distance some time later and knew the game had to be done when he saw students streaming back into the castle from his vantage point. Leaving what was becoming one of his favorite spots, Jacob had headed back downstairs, occasionally stopping to try doors to see where they led. Most of them didn't open, and he couldn't remember the spell Alkander had not been able to do right. So he just continued on, trying some more.

As one opened up, Jacob spotted an empty room, full of stuff. Jacob took a step in, hand still on the door knob, and that's when he noticed the boy on the floor. "Oh" he said, sorry for having interrupted what was obviously an attempt to be alone. "I...I didn't know you were...the door was unlocked " he tried to explain and promptly shut himself up. "Sorry. I'll leave. You...you want to be alone. Right?" he asked. He wasn't sure at all. Sometimes, when Jacob was upset, he went off by himself but he never wanted to be alone for long and always hoped someone would check on him. Other people in his family really did want to be alone when they headed off by themselves.

Patrick looked up quickly when he heard the sound of someone's voice. At first he hoped it was Wilfred. The boys hadn't been speaking as much as they did last year and so Patrick was really hoping it was him. Instead, it was an unfamiliar face apologising for coming in, but despite the pain in the Hufflepuff's head, he would've really appreciated some company. He hesitated before answering him, not really sure how to word what he was thinking. "Yes- No. I mean, Yes, I did want to be alone but you don't have to leave. I mean, I don't like being alone so I kind of don't want to be alone too." Patrick said with a strong French accent. He hoped the boy understood what he was trying to say. "You can come in." Patrick wanted more than anything for someone to talk to and the boy seemed nice enough, despite the fact he was a stranger. Patrick just hoped that he wasn't too busy or simply didn't want to be there.

Phoebe was wandering through the corridors, looking for something exciting or fun to do. She was hoping to run into one of her friends so she could convince them into doing something. She wasn't quite sure what yet. As she passed a classroom she knew to be empty she paused as she heard voices. Two young boys were talking, one was still int he doorway. Phoebe quickly disregarded him though, as she laid eyes on the other one. She grinned. This was her chance. "Lumos." She murmured before ducking under the arm of the boy in the doorway to get at the other one. "Excuse me, coming through."She joked, grinning as she tried to touch the Hufflepuff with her wand.

Jacob had to listen closely because of the boy's accent, though he didn't need any words to tell that the boy was upset. Realizing that the guy was perhaps a little like him in wanting to be alone but also wanting company. so he nodded and made to take another step inside to shut the door. "O-kay" he said, his tone slightly irritated as s girl slipped in though and went to assassinate the boy. He'd seen people playing around the school, and wished he had gotten in on it. But it seemed like a bad time. Sliding to the floor, Jacob busied himself crossing his legs as he settled across from the guy and waited for the girl to leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back