If You Wanna Be My Lover

Edgar Kane

OOC First Name
Brittany
The past months had been taxing on all close to and part of the Mauven family, the stillbirth of Riley's baby and consequent locking up of herself in Will's apartment had taken it's toll on all those around her, even if she hadn't realised it just yet. Edgar had suspected Kalani was taking it harder than she should have been, but he had not liked to ask, feeling that if his girlfriend wanted to talk to him about it then she would. Edgar and Kalani had been together nine months now, and the nineteen year old had found that with every month their relationship only got stronger, somehow in the twisted world they had been placed in they had found each other, and turned their love-hate relationship into a love-love one. Though Lani had not yet uttered those three little words to Edgar, he did not mind, he understood that for Lani and her father issues it was more difficult for her to entrust him with her heart, though the ballerino still told his girlfriend that he loved her each chance he had for he didn't want her to go a day without knowing how much he cared for her. Though they had spent much time together, that morning Edgar was in the company of somebody else, with all of the sadness in their lives it seemed that Edgar Kane and Kalani's room mate Amaryllis Loncar had been thrust in each other's direction, discovering a friendship they had never considered before. The friendship felt fluid, as Amy was only interested in girls and Edgar only interested in Kalani so they had nothing to worry about in that department, and that morning Amaryllis had snuck into Edgar's apartment whilst his room mates were out, hoping that it would cheer them both up after yet another hard week endured. The pair had hardly spoken two words to each other when Amy had arrived, a simple nod was all it took, though Edgar felt like some sort of a criminal trying to keep their meetings a secret, but it was for the best. Most of Edgar's life he had been assumed to be homosexual, and had been the butt of many jokes in relation to that and his ballet career, the rumours only confirmed by the fact that he had never properly kissed a girl, he had been and still was a virgin. But he hoped that this would all end soon. Around Amy he felt comfortable enough to show who he really was, even if he did have to indulge in his guilty pleasures in secret like this.

As soon as the stereo began to play Edgar and Amy, who had been avoiding eye contact out of guilt since she had arrived, turned to each other and leant in, their faces close. Edgar put on his mean face and yelled the words towards Amy, "Ohhh, I'll tell you what I want what I really really want!" to which she replied the next line, until they bagn to sing in unison, dancing and jumping about the apartment dining room, "I wanna ha I wanna ha I wanna ha I wanna ha, what I really really want a zigga zig aaaaahhh!" taking Amy's hand in his he spun her around and they shook their hair about, beginning to really get into the song. All of the past he had been worrying about escaped him, as it did when he was dancing, the very reason he had pursued it as his career. Though since the finish of Swan Lake Edgar hadn't had the excuse to dance so often, so in that moment he became completely lost, clicking his fingers with a mad grin splayed across his face. Riley's baby, Amaryllis' grandmother, Scorpius Knight, they had all died, but as he danced Edgar Kane reminded himself that he was still very much alive, and still very much a Spice Girls fan. Ever since he was a child he had danced along to the British pop idols with his sisters but since moving out he had not confided his love for them in anybody, especially not Kalani. He was terrified she would think it silly for a nineteen year old male, but ever since he had befriended Amy they had been secretly meeting to listen to CDs and watch chick flicks whilst eating popcorn. It had become their way of coping with the losses and sadness they had both suffered in their lives.

As the brunette's small frame span around in front of his eyes, the nineteen year old took her into his arms as she kicked and laughed and he spun her around, the blaring music the only thing he could hear any more, until the apartment door opened behind him, and his guilty self spun around, Amaryllis still in his arms to see Kalani Mauven standing at the door. "It's not what it looks like." he said immediately, shutting off the stereo and throwing Amy down to the floor, breathing a sigh of relief when she landed on her feet. He need not have looked so guilty, any normal person would have assumed he was conducting some sort of affair with Amy, though this certainly was not the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back