Idle

Tyson Huntly

Tyson munched on his toast, and frowned across at the empty seat opposite him. That was where his sister used to sit, before she moved schools. He missed having his twin around to annoy, and do his homework for him. Her parting gift, a puffskein, bounced around his plate. He looked down at the little fluffball dispiritedly. Though he and Tabitha had always fought and got on each others nerves, they had a sort of partnership.
"Looks like it's just you and me, buddy" he said to puffskein. Apart from a weird game of soccer he'd had with a fellow Gryffindor, he hadn't had any human contact since the holidays.

Imogen smiled to herself, as she slipped out the secret passage way and into the Great Hall. It was a nice morning, and Imogen could sense a good day ahead of her. Of course there was the added bonus that she'd be going home for the holiday soon. So that was brightening ever day for Imogen. Immy made her way over to the Gryffindor table, it was when she was looking for somewhere to sit that she noticed a familiar looking boy, sitting with a little creature. She skipped up to the seat in front of him.

"Hey, Tyson! How are you? I haven't seen you in ages." Imogen said in one breath. "Do you mind if I sit here?"

Tyson looked up at the sound of a familiar voice "Hey" he said, smiling at Imogen. The last time they had met, it had been raining, and they'd been exploring the school on brooms. "Sure" he replied, indicated the bench opposite. "And... I wasn't just talking to my puffskein" he said, cracking a grin. He had enjoyed her company the last time they'd met, and he felt like she was the sort of person that he could joke around with.

Imogen took a seat and pulled a glass towards her. She then took a jug of pumpkin juice and poured herself a glass. She looked to the little creature. A Puffskein. Well, they were the cutest things ever. Immy knew that she'd have to get herself or Pixie one. They were just the most cute things ever. She took a small sip of her drink. While smiling at the boy.

"Yeah, sure." Imogen said smiling. "If you weren't doing that, then what were you doing?"

The last time Immy had met Tyson, it had been in a completely different situation, but fun. So there was no reason that she wouldn't enjoy spending time with the boy again. He seemed like the type of person who would make a good friend.

Tyson picked up the crust of his toast, which he had never eaten, and started picking it apart, letting the crumbs fall to the plate.
"Well... not much really" he said slowly "Just having breakfast" He didn't really know Imogen well enough to tell her about his twin's departure. "What about you?" he asked "You must also be crazy coming down here, at this un-godly time of the morning" he said, smiling at her, and gesturing around at the few half-awake people that were also in the Great Hall.

Imogen smiled and gave a light giggle. She was always the early riser. It was inbuilt. Every so often she'd sleep a little longer, but most days, Imogen Day was one of the very first people in the who school up. Immy smiled at this thought. She took a drink of her pumpkin juice. Not extremely thirsty, but thirsty enough to drink it. And pumpkin juice was pretty awesome.

"I'm what people call an early riser or early bird." Imogen said smiling, "And what if I'm a little crazy? Makes things fun, don't you think?"

Tyson nodded "Same here" he said lightly "My sister and I always annoyed our parents by getting up at six in the morning, and fighting over who gets the last piece of bread" he told her.
"Oh, I agree" he said "Normal is boring" he said with a nod. He had always prided himself in being off the track, a little different from others. He said it was different in a good way; Tabitha said it was just weird.

Immy nodded in agreement. Normal was so boring. Imogen had never once thought of herself as normal. She prided herself on being different. And it was great when someone else, who shared the same view that normal is boring, as it can only to more fun, can't it? Imogen reached over and took an apple from the fruit bowl. She took a bite out a green apple. She covered her mouth slightly until she had finished chewing. She loved apples, espically the ones you got in New Zealand they were miles better than the ones back home.

"Oh yeah" Immy said. "So what were your plans for today, Tyson?"

Tyson considered her question "Not much, really" he said ''I thought I might... Um" he struggled for words, trying not to sound boring, like they'd just been talking about. "I was actually going to go for a swim" he sound randomly, voicing the first thing that came to his mind. Now that he thought about it, swimming did actually sound quite nice, considering the recent summer heat. "You should come" he said, smiling at her.

Immy had to say that swimming sounded good. She hadn't been in a long while and with that what she was going to be heading back up north there would be very little opportunity to go for a swim. She took another bite out her apple and slowly munched, running through in her head everything she had planned. She'd planned to pack, but swimming sounded awesome.

"I'd love to come. I love swimming . I had absolutely nothing planned either." Immy said with a smile. "I'd planned to pack, how boring."

"Great" Tyson said with a smile "Should we head back to Gryffindor house and get our togs? Then go down to the Lake?'' he asked her glancing out one of the windows at the clear, warm day. It was perfect for swimming. "We can practise our non-boringness" he said with a grin. His swimming style definetly wasn't normal. Suffice to say, he didn't get very far in the water.

Immy followed the boy's eyeline to out the window and nodded. She nodded in agreement. Immy quickly finished the restof her apple and wiped her hands against her t-shirt. She couldn't wait to go swiming. She hadn't been in a long while and it was one of her favourite things to do. Though Immy couldn't help but notice, that this was the second time she was hanging out with Tyson, and getting wet.

"Oh yeah. I'm better at being non-boring." Imogen said smiling. "Shall we?" Immy added, making a motion of standing up.

Should I start a Lake topic?

"Well, swimming is perfect then" Tyson said, smiling. "Yep, ok" he said, standing up from the bench, and grabbing the remainder of his toast, and putting it in his mouth. Gesturing upstairs, towards Gryffindor house, he began to walk towards the doors of the Great Hall. He was looking forward to swimming. It was the most non-boring thing he had done in a while.

[I can start it, I'll PM you the link]

Imogen nodded in agreement. She got up from the table and followed Tyson as they walked up to Gryffindor house. She glanced back into the hall, just as she left, looking towards the secret passage way that would cut this walk in half. Both ways. She was very glad her and Lauren had found it. Thinking that, Immy realised she hadn't seen Lauren in a long while. Imogen missed her best friend. And really did hope she'd see her again soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back