I Promise I'll Buy You A New Trash Can

Angela Marion

OOC First Name
Cole
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Angela's eyes were squinted shut and she felt her stomach toss and turn. Apparation had never been her strong suit, honestly. Magic wasn't really her thing as much as it used to be. She used to think she was special, now it was something she had been taking for granted. Maybe that was why she was in her slump. Maybe she just needed to practice her magic a little bit more. She would need someone to help her practice apparation, in case she got spliced. Angela was really surprised at how much she could think about in the five seconds it took for them to apparate.

When she and Alfie landed, Angela stumbled across the floor in the apartment. Her eyes were still shut and she felt herself give a little jerk. She opened her aqua orbs and frantically looked about, trying hard to find something that wasn't his carpet. She collapsed in front of a silver, metal bin and heaved right into it. Her lunch and the two drinks she had came right up with bile and stomach acid. She felt her eyes tear up as her body rejected her choice of not walking. she was so embarrassed, and a few tears escaped her eyes as another wave came.

She lost all hope of this night being salvaged as she sat back away from the can. She looked at Alfie and frowned. "I need a tooth brush." She then looked at the can. "And I promise I'll buy you a new trash can."

Alfie felt Angela fall from his grasp and opened his eyes only to quickly shut them again, he had forgotten how terribly blue his rental was even in the dim lighting. He opened his eyes again quickly when thought but didn't want to hear puking. He looked over to see Ange letting a load out in his trash can. He looked away out of respect, it was nothing he hadn't seen Atticus do plenty of times but he knew how Angela would feel about it. After she was finished he couldn't help but laugh at her response. "I'll hold you to it." He said clapping his hands to make the trash can disappear, he didn't want to smell whatever was in it do magic did away with it simply. "I have a few extra tooth brushes in the bathroom in the first drawer." He said motioning to the other end of the apartment. He kept them on hand for just this occasion, he had a strict policy that you couldn't use the same toothbrush after you used it to wash out a pukey mouth, frankly it just grossed him out, so he kept lots of toothbrushes on hand for these such emergencies. "I'll make a pot of coffee." He said walking over to the small kitchen portin of the flat and measuring out the appropriate amount of grounds for a pot to sober them up, also pulling out some milk, sugar and chocolate creamer.

Returning the same chuckle that Alfie gave, Angela walked into the bathroom. She was surprised that it was in such great condition, considering he was a boy. There weren't cloths everywhere, and it didn't smell like five year old milk. She knew if it was Atticus's bathroom, she wouldn't be holding it to such standards. Alfie had always been the more responsible of the two anyways. Angela looked in the top drawer and found the toothbrushes quickly.

It was nice that Alfie had so many toothbrushes, but it made Angela wonder if he had girls over often. She knew that when a boy had toothbrushes, sometimes it meant that they had a lot of women stay over. She could always attribute it to Atticus getting sick at his house, but, if Angela thought that way, she wouldn't be Angela. Jealous, even if she didn't want something, Angela. Once again, she tried to shake thoughts from her head as she put some toothpaste on the brush and began brushing her teeth. Angela was used to doing this every night anyways, and she would most likely crash in his apartment, since going home to Skyle wouldn't be the smartest thing to do at that moment.

Angela tossed the toothbrush in the trash can and walked out of the bathroom and then meandered through the apartment until she found Alfie. When she walked into the mini-kitchen, she smelled the biter-sweet smell of coffee. The smell on it's own already had her thinking a little straighter. But only a little.

As Alfie finished making the pot of coffee automatically he listened carefully as the first drawer opened and shut and the sounds of running water came from the bathroom. He still couldn't believe Angela was here, it was like just when things were at it's darkest and he felt the need to come back home, when he arrives he finds her, the one person who has never failed at brightening up his day. She walked into the kitchen, she seemed to look a bit better, her body was probably running better after expelling all the poison from within. He smiled at her and poured two mugs full of the freshly made liquid. He put milk and creamer along with probably two times as much sugar as recommended, he may be a boy but he wasn't afraid to admit that he could not stand black coffee, too bitter by far for his taste. "This should help, and there's Gatorade and water in the fridge if you don't want a hangover in the morning." He said pulling a blue Gatorade out for him self and downing half of it in one drink. It would be best for him to get it into his system soon, he didn't feel sick, but he didn't want to be while he was here with Angela. He sat down at the little two top kitchen table setting the Gatorade in front of him while he sipped some of the coffee.

Angela watched him pour spoonful after spoonful of sugar in both of their mugs. He knew her all too well. She remembered the first time she had had coffee. it was at Atticus's old place when she was a little younger. They both wanted to feel grown up, but the liquid was nasty and they only took one drink respectively. Angela laughed inwardly at the though. She smiled and took the mug off of the counter and took a small sip. it was still a little bitter, but it was bearable.

Angela could remember Sarah drinking coffee in the mornings, and she looked down into her cup. "So, how's Atticus?" She asked, wondering how the family was doing, how the band was doing, and admittedly, how Adam was doing. Angela didn't think she had feelings for him anymore, it was so long ago after all, she just remembered how close they used to be, and how she ruined that. She nodded at his comment about the Gatorade. It would be good to restore he electrolytes. She smiled at him slightly and walked toward the couch that sat in the apartment. She was surprised at how big it was. The band business must have been playing out well.

Alfie wondered if he should hold back a little but decided it was Angela and if he couldn't tell her than there was something wrong with him, "He... He's been better. It's all the attention the band is getting, he takes it all to seriously and parties too hard. But now that I'm older we get along better, he doesn't try to control me anymore. We can help each other by not staying in the same house together. But Crest is amazing, we just finished up a world tour so that's why I'm home. Adam too, he had to come see his girl. I tell you he get's so upset when he's not with her. I keep telling him he needs to bring her with but he won't listen." Alfie said shaking his head. He had to admit though now that he hadn't seen Adam in a few days he almost missed his moaning about Shaylah. "But enough about me, how are things with you? You look fantastic." He said smiling at her. It really was amazing to see her all grown up, he new both their appearances had changed, but inside they were still the same people they had been as kids. Alfie finished his drinks and moved to the couch so he could see Angela better while they talked.

Angela was sad to hear what was happening to Atticus, but that's what happened to people who let it go to their heads. She knew that had Sarah become a fashion designer, it might have happened to her. no one was immune to what fame threw at them. Angela kept quiet and let Alfie talk out what was happening. Anything to make an old friend feel better. "I'm glad to hear you to get along better." She remembered the way Atticus had been to Alfie. She figured it was only because he didn't want Alfie to end up where he was now. Even if Alfie didn't know it, Atticus had taught him a lot, and had molded him to where he was now.

Angela smiled at the mention of Adam's name, but then felt a little twinge. His girl? Adam had himsefl a girl? It was bittersweet she supposed. knowing that he had been her first crush, it was a bit painful. However, she was glad he had gotten over her and moved on. She had gotten over him, at least. Angela then blushed and smiled at him. Alfie always did that to her; complimented her, that is.

"I'm alright, been traveling a lot. You must have heard about Sarah."
Angela paused. "I left the baby with Skyle, and i'm sure that both Kairi and Skyle have missed me. That's actually where I was heading tonight." Angela trailed off. "But, after that, I think I'll wait till morning." She sighed. Damien would be pretty upset. She had stopped writing him after all. "Which reminds me. Can I crash here?" She asked, unafraid, knowing Alfie wouldn't turn her down.

It was a nice relief to be able to get everything off his chest. He hadn't realized how much he had wanted to tell anyone until he had. Angela talked about Sarah and Alfie cringed a bit he knew that Angela and Skyle had lived a very rough life, lost everyone who every tried to take care of them. "I heard, I'm sure that must have been really hard on you guy's with the new baby and everything. I know they're doing okay because of Adam, they still talk I guess." Shaylah was also friends with Skyle but he wasn't sure he wanted to be the one to tell Ange that that was who Adam was so infatuated with being as they had history together. Angela asked if she could spend the night and Alfie couldn't help but blush a little. He couldn't remember the last time he had slept with a girl in the same room. He just had to keep telling himself this was Angela. "Oh course you can, you can take the bed I'll take the couch." He didn't really mind, and he knew he didn't want to push anything to far. He couldn't believe he was even thinking of Angela in a romantic way, maybe it was the whiskey, or maybe it was something he had just never bothered to notice before. Either way all he knew was she looked beautiful and it was great to finally see her again.

Angela looked down into the brown liquid and it moved when she took a breath in. At least her breath was mostly minty fresh, only the hint of coffee remaining on her tongue. "thanks, by the way." She commented. "For the toothbrush." She clarified. She had forgotten to thank him, or, she didn't remember if she had. She felt herself getting a little envious of Skyle. She had kept in touch with old friends, while Angela remained mostly alone. it had not always been like that, though. Angela used to be the outgoing one, the friendly one. Something had changed her, and she knew exactly what - or who - it was.

Angela laughed a bit when his cheeks turned pink. "No, no." She replied. "I'm not pushing you out of your bed. I'll sleep on the couch." Angela was going to suggest they just both sleep in the bed, like they did as children, however, neither of them was that innocent anymore. Angela couldn't help but wonder just how innocent Alfie was. After all, she had only gone as far as making out, and after that got her into so much trouble, she had stopped doing that even. But, Alfie, had he done some of the same things? Had he broken some other girl's heart?

Alfie was a bit confused at first when she said thank you, but after she continued realized it was the toothbrush. "Not a problem, I guess It's a old habit having so many. I used to keep them for Atticus. But I don't drink nearly as much as he does so it's good there getting some use." Alfie couldn't help but wonder if she had taken the sight of them differently, but she knew him better than that. He was still a virgin, he just hadn't found the right girl yet. He had thought about it with Izumi, but she had left. Plus he had had plenty of opportunities on tour with the band, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He didn't know those girls, no matter how much they wanted him to. Angela said she wouldn't kick him out of his bed but Alfie was raised better than to let a lady sleep on the couch. "No I insist, you take the bed. Your the guest and I don't think it would be polite of me to let you sleep on the couch no matter how nice it is." He said sticking his tongue out at her very childishly.

Angela's heart fluttered in a bit of relief Deep down, she knew that it had to be because of Atticus. After all, Atticus was a full blown drunk, or, at least Angela considered him one. She nodded at his comment about drinking, "I don't drink at all, obviously." She took a sip of the warm liquid, and it gave her goosebumps. He, gave her goosebumps. 'Angela, what are you thinking?' A condescending voice rang in her head. 'He's not yours, you aren't his, just stay at a hotel.' Angela pushed the voice out of her head. They were just friends. Best friends. That didn't mean they couldn't sleep in the same house and possibly the same bed, right?

Angela took another drink from the coffee mug and rolled her eyes. "Listen," she started, her tone as courageous as it was when she was younger. "Either you take the bed, we both take the bed, or neither of us gets the bed. no matter what, you're going to be sleeping in the bed." Angela wasn't one to lose an argument, especially not to Alfie. She was going to win, whether hat meant losing a filter for a moment or not.

Alfie wondered what had happened to Angela to make her want to drink but didn't ask, he figured it was more of a snowball of everything happening. "You shouldn't drink it's bad for you, I shouldn't either but sometimes I think I need to remind myself why Atticus dose it." He hadn't meant to get all serious but sometimes he just spit the first thing that came to mind out. Alfie saw Angela roll her eyes and he knew he was in for it now. He listened to her speak. "Together?" He blushed raising an eyebrow, he knew as children they had slept in the same bed. But as adults he didn't know what would happen. He didn't know how Angela felt about him, but he was starting to feel more and more like there was something more to there relationship. Alfie wasn't going to be the one to say anything about how he was feeling, not yet. He didn't want to ruin what he had with Angela. But he saw the way she seemed to be looking at him, and as the night went on all he could think about was her.

Angela nodded. She completely understood what he meant. in a sick, twisted way, she did the same thing. Though her Alcohol had more of a human name. It was named Teddy. Sometimes, she had to remind herself why she went through so many things to have him, even though now, that wasn't ever going to happen. She sighed lightly, too quiet for anyone to hear. Angela should know better than to think about the past.

Her face turned red suddenly, and she was whipped out of her thoughts. she really hadn't realized what she said until that moment. she quickly took a large gulp of the coffee. it burned her mouth, and she tried to savor it, so that she wouldn't have to answer. She sighed slightly and looked at him. "I just mean, I'm not going to let you give up your bed. I mean... I don't know, okay?" She said with a little bit of a flustered tone. She knew what she meant, what did it matter if he knew or not? She supposed the interpretation could mean different things for her.

Alfie saw her go from solemn to full out flushed in a matter of lie two seconds. He watched he eyes go wide when she gut too much coffee and it felt like she had never left. Angela said he wouldn't let him not sleep in his own bed and he nodded. He knew there was no convincing her otherwise. But it was then that Alfie couldn't hold back anymore. He didn't know what it was that made him do it, maybe it was the pain he saw in both of them, or maybe it was something that had been long overdue. He wasn't really sure but when he leaned in to cup her face and kissed her ever so gently, he knew that in that moment everything felt right in the universe. He hoped he wasn't making a mistake, but knew that however she took it there was no going back.

He just had to know if she was feeling it too, this fire deep inside that wouldn't go away. Something that told him 'Yes kiss her.' He knew it was a crazy thing to go off of but he trusted his instincts.

Angela felt the silence stretch out between them. It wasn't a long one in reality, but it felt like forever. Forever until he kissed her. Angela felt so many things, and her mind was racing with everything that was going on. She felt her stomach churn. She didn't kiss back, but she couldn't pull away. It wasn't until she remembered what she was doing there that she pulled away. She pushed him off. It was time for her to leave, she couldn't stay there. Not like this, not with this between them.

"Alfie, I'm sorry I can't." She said with a frown. "I'm so sorry, and i just, I need time. I can't do this." She walked toward the door and pulled her jacket farther up on her shoulders. She turned and looked at him. "I'm just not ready for this." She opened the door to leave, but before leaving she turned around and sighed. "Happy birthday." She said sympathetically. She then walked out and shut the door behind her, heaving a sigh of sadness. What had she done?

Angela didn't even argue with herself. She turned around and walked back in. "Oh, what am I saying." She then walked right back up to him and kissed him, long, hard, and passionately.

Alfie was crushed when she said she couldn't. He had but his heart on the line and know she was walking out the door. 'What have you done.' Was pretty much the only thing going through his mind. Once she was gone he thought about going after her but what good would that do. But then, something amazing happened. She came back. Without a chance to process what had just happened she had come over and was kissing him with much more vigor than he had kissed her. He felt everything inside him burst with happiness. This was defiantly the best birthday ever.

The kiss seemed to last a lifetime. All of Alfie's senses were consumed by her, the taste of her lips, the smell of her hair, there hearts beating together. It was like nothing he had ever experienced before. Eventually the kiss had to end and he was grateful to be regain his breath. He looked at Angela, her hair was a bit tousled and her lips were pink from kissing, but he couldn't think of a time when she looked more beautiful, and he couldn't believe he hadn't seen it before.

Angela felt her face heat up. She was ready to give everything to him. Alfie had been her best friend for the longest time. There through everything. He had never judged her, never hurt her, he wasn't going to beat her. He was the exact opposite of Teddy. She wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled once the kiss was over. She had a decision to make. Stay here, or go home. Neither of those were the best ideas. She figured, though, that staying here would be much easier on her. She grabbed him by the wrist and pulled on it, making him follow her into the bedroom. She removed her jacket and looked at him.

"Listen, I'm not thinking, i'm kind of tipsy still, and I want you for myself. Either we do this now, or I might change my mind." She looked at Alfie, waiting to see if he was going to change his mind. She didn't know if he had done this before, but, if he hadn't then it would make two of them. "Are you gonna kiss me or not?" She asked.

Alfie let Angela pull him to the bedroom, she slipped her jacket off and all he could think was this was really happening. This was defiantly not how he had expected this day to go, but this was Ange. He loved her, he had always loved her. She was one of the greatest influences on his life. There was no one he would rather be with and he decided he was ready. Alfie smiled at her comment, she always one to be strait forward. She asked if he was going to kiss her or not and his heart fluttered again, "Well duh." He grinned closing the space between them quickly and placing his lips on her. He knew this was something they wouldn't regret, they may even look back on this day when they realized there love for each other. But even if it didn't work out between them, he couldn't think about that now. You had to live in the moment, and he planned on making the most out of the night.

The night was mostly a blur as Angela woke up. The sunlight barely shone through the windows, but it was just enough to wake the brunette woman up. She felt the warmth of covers, she felt Alfie's arm around her, and she felt a little queasy. She knew that she had to leave. She knew that it was what she had to do. She sighed and stood up. The room was cold, colder than most rooms. She would never understand men and how they loved these temperatures.

Angela gathered her cloths from the night before. she was going to have to do the walk of shame. She walked quietly around his apartment, trying hard not to make any noise or wake him up. She'd rather leave without breakfast. She had a busy day ahead of her. She was sure she'd find Alfie somewhere again. She brushed her hair with the brush in his bathroom and took another toothbrush to brush her teeth. She sighed and looked in the mirror, trying to adjust her makeup a little bit.

She ran her fingers underneath her eyes, clearing the mascara that had fallen down from her lashes during the night. "I'm sorry Alfie." She said, leaving a note behind saying she'd get a hold of him. With that, she left the apartment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back