I Like Her.

Thanatos Van Alstyne

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Maple 13" Core of Unicorn's hair
Ever since getting Nicholai Van Zant out of his home, Thanatos Van Alstyne had never felt better. He had the entire house to himself, and he did not have to worry about possibly leaving a sharp corner out for Nicholai to trip and possibly bleed to death on. Thanatos was one happy guy - if one can consider him happy to begin with. He worked harder and harder on his novel, but lacked the proper muse for it. Everything he was coming up with seemed to be nothing more than a fake plot or a meaningless climax. Nothing was working at all, and it was getting on his nerves. For now, he would have to put away the quill and get back to meeting with someone of his interests. That was the whole point of today, while leaving his home, locked of course, to go down the deepest, darkest alley of bleak street where he would meet with Benjamen Zhefarovich, one of his many connections to the items he sought out. Thanatos often went out of his way to collect items of interest, and Benjamen always knew where to get them for some odd reason. Thanatos never questions it, as he saw no reason to. The cloak that Thanatos was wearing was black, and the robes underneath were an emerald green. They cost quite the galleon, and he knew that he would be very much suspicious with the way he was acting right now. Even his walk spoke out, saying that he was up to no good. Then again when was he ever up to anything good? Never. Thanatos walked down until there was a dead end, and a large body that looked like a person, yet taller and broader. Thanatos knew that figure. It was Benjamen Zhefarovich, there and waiting on him. Thanatos hoped that he had not kept him waiting for long.

"Sorry about my lateness, Benjamen. You owled me to inform me of something?" Thanatos could not recall what it would have been about. He was good on potions and he did not need any items, so what could it be for? The man removed his hood and stared down at Thanatos with a smirk upon his lips. It was enough to make Thanatos narrow his eyes. He knew that he was up to something just with that stare alone. The man replied with his heavy, Bulgarian accent, "I thought you would want to know of your heritage. Before you roll your eyes - hear me out. Your blood is precious, and you are a pure-blood." Thanatos did not really care, so he shrugged his shoulders and thought that was actually not surprising. He had a suspicion that he was from magical parents, but he did not know just how many and how far. Thanatos sighed and he replied, "Am I supposed to be impressed or something? Honestly, I don't give a damn about where I come from." Benjamen seemed a little surprised by that realization but it was true. Thanatos really did not care. The small chitchat seemed to have come to an end since Thanatos looked at Benjamen whom was looking behind him. Were they followed? Perhaps not, but who would come to a dead end like this. Thanatos reached around and gripped his wand. Who knew but then again, not many went up against men like Benjamen and himself. The figure got closer and closer, before Thanatos released his wand. He knew who it was. He had seen the person once before, and he waited before the person would start talking or just ask for directions out of here.

Katarzyna Snow had a bone to pick with Thanatos. The idea to have Joselyn and Nicholai live in the same house was idea, and Katarzyna felt like he needed to know that it was the stupidest idea ever. Neither of them got along with the other, it was like trying to live with a cat and a mouse. Every single morning Katarzyna was woken up by their petty arguments, and Katarzyna was the type of girl that enjoyed her sleep way too much to let it be taken away from her that easily. Joselyn and Nicholai argued about everything. Even when making breakfast they argued about how to cook the eggs, or if spices worked well on the dish or not. It was absolutely ridiculous. Katarzyna had no idea why she ever agreed to stay with Joselyn. She had nothing to worry about when it came to Nicholai because nothing would ever happen between them when they bicker every single minute of every single day. Katarzyna was fed up. She couldn't really take her anger out on Nicholai because he bleed like a fountain, and Joselyn was her best and only friend. Plus this was all Thanatos' idea so it seemed like he was the one she needed to go after in order to be able to vent her frustrations with the whole situation. It wasn't hard to track down Thanatos either since she knew where he lived thanks to Nicholai having once lived there as well. Now Katarzyna just needed to wait around until he stopped somewhere so she could confront the man and give him a piece of her mind. Katarzyna isn't the least bit afraid of him either, she had been around people just as intimidating and harsh as he seemed to be, so to her it was like a walk in the park.

The man Thanatos was talking to in the alley, paused when he saw her, and Katarzyna didn't hesitate a moment. The man she recognized to be Benjamen Zhefarovich didn't utter a single word about her presence, but it would seem as if Thanatos noticed that she was here. Katarzyna walked right up to him, and without a single word or sign to reveal what she was about to do, she pulled her hand back and then trust it forward as she slapped Thanatos as hard as she could on the face. "That's for your stupid idea to have Nicholai and Joselyn live together. They are literally driving me insane!" Was all Katarzyna said before she crossed her arms over her chest and stared up at the man who's ingenious plan had caused her to lose sleep for months now. He had better fix it too, or else she would never let him live it down. Hopefully the slapped hurt somewhat too, because Katarzyna didn't want him to get out of this without some sort of scar or memory of this night. Although they had met before, she knew nothing about him and he knew nothing about her. So he may or may not have expected this from her, and Katarzyna didn't care whether or not her actions had just changed his opinion on her or not. The brunette was pissed off and had no one else to take it out on except for him.

Thanatos saw Katarzyna heading their way and he wondered what in the world she could possibly want. He was in the middle of business here and she was making a scene. And she did not look happy, but when did she ever look really happy? However he only got to notice her for a few seconds before he realized what was going to happen. He did not see it coming, and the smack across his cheek echoed in the alley. Benjamen's voice was heard, "Damn, what in the world did you do, Thanatos?" Thanatos moved his jaw a bit before he moved his head to face Katarzyna once more. A sinister smile crossed his lips before he murmured, "I like her." Thanatos reached up with his hand and his fingers gripped his jaw a bit, before he wondered what in the world that was for. It was enough to make his head move, and then he heard the reasoning behind it. It was because Nicholai and Joselyn. They were keeping her awake or something. Now why in the world was she mad at him for that? He fixed Joselyn's problem and his. What more could a woman ask for? If she was living with them, then that was not his fault. Thanatos looked over at Benjamen before nodding toward him, since he was sure that the man had other things to do than be around a grumpy woman. Benjamen apparated off and then Thanatos removed his hand from his aching jaw. So, that was not his issue. Not anymore.

"You are blaming me for you moving in with them and being around those two. I remember especially saying that you should move in with them too. Oh yes, that is exactly what I said. Only it was in an alternate reality." Thanatos knew a solution to fix her problems but he doubted that she would actually do it. Then again, what she did, he did not really care. He shrugged his shoulders and made an expression as if he was telling her without words that he did not really care about her and her little issues. "So, what do you want me to do about it? You could, I don't know, move out. Get a place of your own. That isn't impossible for you, is it?" Thanatos raised an eyebrow and he wondered if she had ever thought about it. But he was not opening up his doors. Now that he was living alone, he planned on keeping it that way. He did not want to have someone else living with him for some time, and he did not plan on sharing his home. With a person that loved magic or hated it. He was just not having it.

Katarzyna rested her hands on her hips as she listen to Thanatos defend himself. Not a single part of it was enough to make her feel better about the whole situation between Joselyn and Nicholai better. They were still going to bicker and fight, and Katarzyna would still have to listen them. "I lived with Joselyn before your stupid idea. I was there first, and I refuse to go back to the Snow Manor. So living with Joselyn is the only thing I can do right now. So yes it is going to be a problem." Katarzyna didn't have any money, and she wasn't going to ask her family for the money she needed. After her brother died, things fell apart between all of them, and Katarzyna didn't want to be associated with them anymore. Not until they got themselves back together and stopped moping over the death of their brother. It hurt, and it was sad, but there was no need to act like they couldn't move on without him when they clearly could. Katarzyna could save up for her own place, but it would take some time. But she sort of felt that she shouldn't have to since she was there first. Plus it wasn't her fault that Nicholai was a neurotic freak of nature and Joselyn was a complete hot-head that cared very little for what others felt.

"What I want you to do, is to fix this. Fix it or else" Katarzyna warned. Her eyes narrowed at him, showing that she wasn't playing around with him. If he didn't do something to fix this now, then she was going to make sure he did it one way or another. If it was thing Katarzyna was raised up to believe, it was that she should never take no for an answer. Whether it be through simple persuasion or force, Katarzyna wasn't going let someone tell her no. Grabbing Thanatos' collar and jerking him closer to her so she could look him dead in the eye with her bright blue ones, Katarzyna warned him one last time. "I'm serious, you better fix this now!" Katarzyna held her other fist at her side, ready to slap him again if he were to say something or deny her of her request. Katarzyna waited for a moment before she released his collar and stepped away. Her arms then crossed over chest and waited to see what he was going to say or do.

The whole idea that she was there first made Thanatos bite his tongue to keep from calling her a five-year-old always claiming that something was theirs because they were there first. "Oh, you were there first, my apologies. I thought I was helping Joselyn out of the goodness of my heart. Oh but wait... I actually don't really care about her issues and that benefited me. So, I fail to see how it is going to be a problem when there isn't one." Thanatos hung his arms loosely at his side as he waited for the complaints that this woman would give him. After all, she was just that, a woman. Someone like her did not mean a damn thing to Thanatos Van Alstyne. He still had to process what blood status he was, and then there came another issue that he did not care about standing right in front of him. He did not need to listen to this any longer than necessary. He could always apparate away, however, he remained still. Thanatos folded those arms across his chest as a gently breeze fluttered through the ally, tussling his black hair. If Katarzyna expected him to do something about this, she would be mistaken. After all, she did seem a little similar to Thanatos in some aspects. If she wanted something done, she could do it herself.

She threatened him. Wait, she threatened...him? Thanatos' lips curled into a smirk that revealed that he was somewhat amused by this. She grabbed him by the collar and forced him closer to her and said that she was serious, and how he better fix this now. Those purple eyes flashed, as he grew irritated with her touching him. His lips curled into a snarl as he used one of his arms to force her against the wall. During this time, he did not let his face move further or closer to her own either. Thanatos hissed, "I am not a doormat. I won't be pushed around by the likes of you. I know of your family, and where you come from, but that means little to nothing to me. Touch me again, and I will make you wish you never met me." Thanatos was not afraid of hitting a woman. He was not above that. He looked over her figure once before his cold gaze rested upon her bright, blue eyes. Her reaction could potentially amuse him, after all. "If you want something done, do it yourself, Kitty." His tone used in that statement softened considerably to the previous one, but did not lose the intensity either.

Katarzyna's stance didn't waver an ounce as he spoke to her. Though he was bigger than she was, and fairly intimidating as well, Katarzyna had dealt with brutes like him before. However, she wasn't going to be stupid and let her guard completely down. That would just be stupid on her part. Especially since she knew that there was something dark to this man that she had yet to figure out exactly. "It's going to be a problem when I come by your house every single day until you fix the f*cking problem!" Katarzyna would do it too. If she had to sit outside of his door for days on end, she would do it. He ruined her life by bringing these two together when they so clearly were match made in hell, and he was going to fix it or Katarzyna was going to make sure that he felt the same way she did every single day. Or at least the same way she had been feeling for the past couple of weeks or so. Thanatos had no idea how frustrating it was to be forced to live with two people who never seemed to get along with one another, no matter what was done to try and prevent them from always fighting.

Apparently trying to threaten Thanatos wasn't her smartest plan, because Katarzyna suddenly found herself being pinned up against the wall by him. He warned her that if she ever touched him again, that he would make her wish that she had never met him. A snort escaped Katarzyna as she stared at Thanatos carefully. As threatening as he was, Katarzyna wasn't as scared as she probably should have been. In fact it kind of made her want to challenge him. Once he released her, just to be a pain in his side, she threw her hand out and casually let it touch his arm before she quickly retracted it, a sneaky smirk stuck to her face the entire time. The she felt like she needed to restate her opinion. "Don't call me Kitty. Also, if you want me to fix the problem myself so badly, then I hope you won't mind your friend winding up in a body bag." One of Katarzyna's hands went to her hip as she reminded him once more that she hated it when she couldn't have her way. Thanatos had no idea what he was getting himself into it, did he?

As soon as Katarzyna started with the cursing, Thanatos clicked his tongue and looked at her as if she were a naughty child and needed a bar of soap for that mouth. Thanatos wondered if that was supposed to mean something. Folding his arms across his chest and he raised an eyebrow, "Are you sure you want me to solve it? Coming over to my house every day seems obsessive. Sounds like I will need a restraining order. If you want to find a way into a man's heart, try not to sound like a crazy cat lady who hasn't left the house in fifty years." Thanatos was not serious with that statement, but it was hard to believe that she had this much issues with finding her own place to live. She was working at the Ministry which meant good money. She had no excuse. He knew this bit when he checked up on her and her little friend a while back. Whatever she wanted done, she could do it herself. He firmly believed that. If she could stand up for herself, then she can handle it. She most certainly did not need a man to do the job. She seemed quite manly herself.

Once she stuck a hand to his arm, Thanatos narrowed those mysterious eyes as his own hand flew up to her throat once she had her say that she hoped that he would not mind if his friend wound up in a body bag. Whether or not this was from the threat or the physical touch, it was hard to tell. Thanatos made sure that his own body was blocking every aspect of hers as he leaned down close to her neck and ear, "It would be a shame to lose a woman such as yourself this evening. Your fragile neck, did you know with a flick of my wrist, I could break it without so much as a fight? I'd savor every moment of your shaking breath as you pass. But, you amuse me for the time being." Thanatos leaned away and his hand fell from her neck as he turned and started walking away. Thanatos brushed the dust off of his shoulders as he stopped and said as a finishing statement, unknowing if she would run after him or not, "If you want to kill him, make sure you clean up the mess. The thing bleeds dry if he gets a paper cut."

Katarzyna resisted the urge to reach out and slap Thanatos across the face when he clicked his tongue at her for swearing. She wasn't a damn child! "I'm not trying to find a way into your heart! I just want you to fix the damn problem you created!" He had better be joking about the whole heart thing, because finding a man to spend her lonely nights with was the last thing on her mind right now. So many other things needed to be taken care of first, like this pain in the ass for example. "Besides, I don't see how being a cat lady could be that bad. Cats are far better company than a man could ever be." Katarzyna muttered, shaking her head as she did so. A part of her knew that it was true too. Men had the tendency to be whiny and aggressive. Women were too but at least they could come by it honestly. Men tried to act prideful and manly about it, this guy included. Katarzyna knew by growing up with her brothers, that every man had a weakness somewhere deep inside. This guy was lucky that Katarzyna had yet to figure out what his was.

Katarzyna barely had a second to react before Thanatos had her by the throat. The brunette tried to gasp for air, but nothing came. His grip was too tight for her to break free from either. His threat didn't bother her so much as the look in his eyes did. The moment he released her, Katarzyna took a good deep of breath and let her hands go to her throat. That bastard thought he could get away with that! Katarzyna was about to show him just how much she had learned from her brothers over the year. Storming over to him, Katarzyna leaned over, since she was semi close to being the same height as him. "You're going to have to try harder than that to scare me, Mr. Van Alstyne." Katarzyna whispered almost seductively, her breath practically ticking the skin on his neck before she turned away. Her bright teal eyes staring into his once more before she did so. People like Thanatos never bothered Katarzyna. She grew up with people just like him, and he was about to figure out just how scared she wasn't if he kept this up. Not all women were weak and easily led astray.

Thanatos noticed that his words made Katarzyna even angrier which made Thanatos smirk as well. Since she bothered him with this sort of problem now, he would do the same thing to her. She seemed to disliked it when he said that she tried to find a way into his heart, which would be impossible. He thoroughly believed that he did not have a heart for someone to enter. "Have fun with your cats then. And, have fun with the problem that is yours but none of it is mine. I do wish you luck. You will need it with Nicholai and Joselyn." Somehow, he remembered their names. Thanatos did not care about either, so likely, he will just go on with his life. He had a quiet one until all of this happened. There remained something about her that just got on Thanatos' nerves, and he did not want to stick around any longer than necessary. His point made, yet she still continued to be an annoying little twit. He could just smack her away like a fly, but she would just right back. Women remained to be a nuisance to his life, and he never wanted to endure a woman. Something about them made him want to slaughter most of humankind.

Of course, the woman he had nicknamed Kitty stormed after him. Thanatos only waited for it, and he remained still as a statue as she stood around him. The last thing he knew, she was whispering him, seductively and her breath washed across his neck as she spoke. Thanatos looked down upon Katarzyna as she finished whispering to him about how he would have to try harder than that to scare her. "I think I can do that." Thanatos spun on his heel, one hand lashing to the back of her neck and the other at the nape of her back, almost ready to snap the spine and turning her into a cripple for the rest of her life. Shoving her back toward the wall, Thanatos looked her over and he had this irritated yet questionable look on his face, "What are you trying to do to me? What is it about you that I cannot shake but also want to rip you apart, limb from limb?" Thanatos refused to let go, knowing his grip was tight upon her spine. Thanatos looked her up and down before hissing, "What are you?" Could she be a siren? A Veela that is in society, trying to charm him or something?

Katarzyna thought that men were incredibly easy. Women could be too, because their emotions were easily played with. They fell fast and they fell hard. For a man all that was needed a little bit of seduction. A plan was formulating in Katarzyna's head the moment she decided to entice Thanatos. He thought that he could outsmart her. That in the end she wasn't going to get her way, and she was. Katarzyna had mastered the art of having things done her way, and when she wanted them done. Katarzyna was fully ready to leave the area, leaving her last statement to flow through his mind, but apparently she underestimated just how much she had done to him. Katarzyna barely had a second to gain her bearings before Thanatos spun on his heel, one hand lashing to the back of her neck and the other at the nape of her back, almost ready to snap her fragile spine and turning her into a cripple for the rest of her life. Katarzyna tensed up, not expecting such sudden contact from him. "I'm just trying to get under your skin is all." Katarzyna fluttered her eyelashes playfully. Trying to look at innocent and sweet as possible. Mostly she was trying to play with his emotions a little bit more. He had no idea just what he had walked himself into did he?

"I assure you that I'm nothing out of the ordinary." Katarzyna was worried that he would snap her spine in half, thus killing her. But at the same time, she already had a plan that might help her out of this. One arm was too low and that was the one on her spine, but she hoped that if she worked quickly enough that she could avoid having anything happen. The other one however, was within perfect range. With one quick motion she struggled a little bit until she was able to learn far enough to latch her teeth right down onto the flesh of his shoulder. Katarzyna bit down as hard as she possibly could, hoping to cause Thanatos pain. Maybe he would let her go due to shock or the fact that it hurt that bad. Katarzyna didn't have any other choice, his grip on her was too tight. Her arms flew out and attempted to pull his hands from off of her spine.

Katarzyna stated that she was just trying to get under his skin, and his lip twitched at the sound of that. If she got under his skin, she would not like what happens from it. People that got under his skin rarely live to tell the tale. Gripping her still, he looked down at her eyes as she fluttered those eyelashes. She was enjoying this. She attempted to look sweet but Thanatos was not fooled. It took a lot to get him fooled, and she would not succeed. "You are up to something else. Trying to get me to handle your problem will not work." Thanatos could just clinch and shatter a disk in her spine, if he wanted. Yet, he did not. Thanatos was like a mountain. He was hard to move, and with his mind as stable as a rocking chair, it would be dangerous to tempt him any further. His actions could very well be unpredictable. Katarzyna seemed like this big, complicated thing of female hormones. Her tempting was affecting him as much as he was fighting it off, determined not to show what she was doing to him. Hell, he did not even know what she was doing to him.

Mostly she was trying to play with his emotions a little bit more. He had no idea just what he had walked himself into did he? She stated that she was nothing out of the ordinary, and he would disagree with her. She was definitely not ordinary. Ordinary people bored him enough to dispose of them. However, within some split second that he was momentarily not expecting her to try something, Katarzyna sank her teeth into his shoulder. Thanatos grimaced before he managed to contain from hissing in pain. Yet, for some reason, it was all very complicated. However, that managed to make him tense up and in turn, clinch her even more. Thanatos decided that he would have to do something to get her away from his shoulder, and then he thought quickly. Releasing her spine, he grabbed her shoulders and proceeded to slam her into the ground below. Kneeling over her, he looked down with a serious expression upon his face, "You better not have lycanthropy or else I would have to kill you." Rising up, Thanatos doubted that he would have to do anything else. Thanatos took a step back to see what she would do.

The wind being knocked out of Katarzyna the moment she was slammed to the ground forced Katarzyna to gasp for air like a newborn infant for a couple of moments. At least until the air within her lungs settled back inside and the shock faded. Her head ached, and her body felt stiff and worn. Breathing out weakly, Katarzyna couldn't resist asking a single question. "What the hell is lycanthropy?" For the moment, her back hurt too much for Katarzyna to fight back at the moment, but hopefully after a few minutes her body would quit aching so badly. Thanatos didn't appear like he was going to kill her just yet, and Katarzyna was going to keep it that way. At least until she had her strength back. Watching as he took a step back, Katarzyna rolled her eyes and pushed her hands down to her sides to assist in helping her body stand up. Specks of dirt and rubble stuck to her clothing, which Katarzyna quickly god rid of by sweeping them off with her hands. A sense of pride swelled within her chest knowing that being bitten must have surprised him to some degree. It might have even hurt a little bit. He seemed a little bit too worried about the whole lycanthropy thing for her to feel too comfortable though. She hadn't completely phased him yet.

"If you won't fix the problem you started, I'll just have to go find someone that will." Her blue eyes filled with determination, and her hands rested on her defined hips before she gave Thanatos one last stare down. Katarzyna was usually able to intimidate others easily with just her eyes, but Thanatos was a lot trickier than she originally imagined. If she couldn't bully him into getting what she wanted, then she would have to find someone that she could bully. Katarzyna wasn't strong physically, so she had to be manipulative and tricky to get by in life. How else could she ever stand a chance against her older siblings? They were just as mean, if not worse than Katarzyna was. If Thanatos knew her family, he might understand why. "I don't like you, I'm leaving." Katarzyna hissed. She wanted to punch, kick, scream, anything that she could to make him feel some sort of pain. That was how frustrated she was that he refused to listen to her or fix the problem. He didn't even want to live with Nicholai or Joselyn, and that was saying something!

Was she serious when she was asking what the hell lycanthropy was? He rolled his eyes and he uttered, "Werewolf genes, idiot." Sure, the way he put it was simply more complicated, but even then, he was sure that everyone knew what it was. Being bitten was not on his list of enjoyments for the day, but then again, he did not enjoy much. Right now, he had to work on getting some equipment from Benjamen and then working on his novels some more. It was difficult to remain in the publishing business, but no one knew his pen name either. She seemed to announce with pride that she was going to have to find someone that will fix her problem. Thanatos shrugged, knowing that would be difficult of her to do since no one knew how to deal with Nicholai. Why she could not move out on her own was beyond him. "You go and do that, Kitty. Let's see if anyone can put up with your petty games and fall for your tricks." It would not work on him. Perhaps if he was raised differently, then he might have been able to, but for now, he was not fazed. And now she said that she did not like him and was leaving. But she did not move. Shrugging, he retorted, "Not here to make you like me. Try not to bite anyone on your way home." Thanatos then turned and he walked away, knowing that he had not heard the last of her, but this would be the final conclusion to that event. He rubbed the area where she bit him, before scoffing and apparating off.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back