I Hope I Don't Die

Isla Smith

Sexual Orientation
Flexible
Isla was wearing her best robes as she made her way to the meeting place. Clearly this was their idea of neutral territory and so Isla bounced from foot to foot as she walked to the warehouse. She'd actually been rather surprised to have such a quick response, though she supposed that made sense considering she'd had Emilee directly appeal to her head of house. She'd not been entirely sure who the head was, or how their structure worked, it was good to now have that information. It was approaching evening and it was a little chilly as Isla waited patiently for what she was expecting to be quite a talk. These kinds of things couldn't be taken lightly after all.

After passing the title, it never changed a thing, which was Asparuh Zhefarovich the Third's intention. He still had the power that he wanted. After getting a letter from his son, which was not uncommon, Asparuh was a little more surprised about the request given. And it was hard for someone to take him off guard. Getting dressed in his many robes and cloaks, Asparuh apparated from the Zhefarovich Manor. He arrived to the empty warehouse, but within it. He knew this warehouse. There was a hidden dungeon within it, and it was off limits to civilians. He opened the door to see a really young woman standing there. He raised an eyebrow. 'What in the hell is this? Kalif sent a stupid young woman to me,' thought Asparuh. He opened the door wider before folding his arms across his chest. "You sought an audience with me?" His voice was cold, dangerous and if this was going to be a waste of his time, he would kill her within the warehouse. She'd never be discovered.

Isla looked over her shoulder as she heard the approach of the one she assumed she was waiting for. She smiled slightly at him. "My Grandmother wanted to be here, but she's suffering from an unfortunate case of being dead." She said, facing the man and crossing her arms over her chest. She realised that she was supposed to be making a good impression, but she didn't appreciate being spoken to in such a way. Yes, he would be doing her a favour, but she rather hoped it would be mutually beneficial. "Yes, I did ask for an audience." She waited a few moments before continuing. "I was rather hoping you'd be amenable to a marriage arrangement."

Asparuh rolled his eyes and placed a gloved his hand to his forehead. He held the door open and motioned for her to come inside. Once that occurred, he shut the door and bolted it once more. Asparuh turned to face her, and she offered an arrangement of a marriage. He folded his arms across his chest, and he stated icily, "First of all, Isla, I'd like to remind you of your place." He paused for a moment. He found the words, "I am very powerful, and very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you." Asparuh took a few toward her. "You desire to have an arranged marriage with one of my descendants. Tell me, why should I allow such an honor upon you? What do you have to offer?"

Isla noticed the eye roll, but she didn't much care. She stepped inside when he motioned her in and watched as he locked the door. Paranoia maybe? Then again, maybe he was planning to kill her. Still, she was here now, she was determined to leave with what she wanted. He was very old and very powerful, that was obvious and where once she'd have pointed that out, she decided that now was really not the time. He took a step towards her and she stood her ground, though she craned her neck to look up at him. Geez, these guys were tall! Her sister's were not wrong. "If you accept, you'll have a powerful family as an ally. As will I."

Asparuh noticed that she stood her ground. And she was brave, or stupid. Asparuh could not tell the difference anymore. He took her offer with a grain of salt. Narrowing his eyes upon her, he used his special gift to look into her mind. He found what he needed. Pure-blood. And she knew about his family because of his mostly pure-blood members. He retreated from the youth's mind, and cocked his head slightly to the side. "I see you are pure-blood, and seeking to ensure that at least one of your relatives continues the line. You have many possible children and other members." Asparuh smirked, which was a rare sight. It was either amusement, or he was about to kill her. She was a young Matriarch who likely didn't know what an alliance with his family meant. "Let me tell you what an alliance with my family stands for. We will back you up if necessary. And you will be at our beck and call. The laws are strict. Your relative, once arranged, can be killed if he or she tries to wiggle out of it. Also, a spawn must be produced within a year of marriage, or your relative dies. Also, your family will be at risk of annihilation of you betray us." Asparuh let out a breath, because that was a lot to say. "If you agree to these terms, we will have a contract signed at my Manor." Asparuh held his hand, palm up, for her to take, so he could apparate them off.

Isla raised an eyebrow slightly as the man seemed to confirm that she was a pureblood. Well, it wasn't like she would speak to him if she wasn't, she was completely without sense after all. He smirked and Isla wasn't sure what she was supposed to think of that. However it did seem that he was agreeable and she listened to what he said about an allegiance with his family. She realised that she was getting herself into some pretty deep stuff, but it was a little too late to back out now. She would definitely be making sure that nothing happened to have anyone betray their family. She certainly didn't want to. She looked the much taller man in the eye and nodded. "I accept." She grabbed his hand and was apparated to the manor.
-Fin-​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back