Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Cyan 💛
Wand
Curved 11 1/2 Inch Sturdy Vine Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Aion had spent the majority of the day in the Student Lounge, but ever since the young girl had brought him a rose, he'd been distracted from his usual studies. He hadn't expected to receive any, and to have two had taken him by surprise. The afternoon was drawing to a close, and the Ravenclaw was well aware that the Valentines dance would soon be underway. He had no intention of attending, he had too much to do and with the last few weeks before his graduation approaching he needed to be ready. As he worked, he couldn't get a particular thought out of his head. Although they'd barely spent much time together, Aion was finding that he missed Cyan's company. It was strange, he never felt that way when he'd been dating Maddie. They'd gotten on well during the time they shared but this was different, as though he felt like he just needed to be around her, even if they weren't doing anything. After spending years on his own, it was a difficult feeling to process, but given that he'd spent the last hour staring at the same page in his textbook, it looked as though he was going to need to admit defeat for the evening. He needed to find her, to talk to her, even if it was just for a few minutes.

He hadn't a clue whether Cyan would be attending the Dance, and the last thing he wanted to do was to interrupt her if she was with someone. But after checking the library and hanging around outside the Hufflepuff common room for a few minutes, Aion decided to see if he could spot her down there, in the Great Hall. There were many people the seventh year wished not to bump into that evening, and approaching the entrance to the dance in his jeans and t-shirt only made this fact more applicable. He glanced into the room, in awe at the level of detail and planning that would have had to have gone into something like this. He'd never attended one of the schools events, he'd had no need nor want to, but he quickly set to work, trying to locate the girl with the unicorn hair in a sea of high expectations.

Cyan loved dances. It wasn't hard to see that. She enjoyed mingling with people, trying to network herself. She loved punch, and food, and a chance to see her friends. She'd dyed her hair just a day ago, the long locks curled and tucked to appear as a bob rather than her long waves. After all she dind't want to distract from the shimmer of her dress. Cyan had of course hoped her newest and closest friend Aion would be at the dance, but Cyan couldn't ask him. Mainly because she didn't want to make him feel guilty if he decided to stay - and somehow she knew even if she wasn't trying her big brown eyes full of disappointment might do that to anyone. The hufflepuff looked around at all the decorations and dresses. If she say someone wearing something nice she made sure to compliment them. However out of all her festivities the girl couldn't help but think her favorite thing about dances, was the chance to wear heels and feel tall. At 5'7" suddenly she felt like she towered over the world, the pastel pink heels while difficult to walk in, something she'd been practicing the weeks before to master, when she should have been studying.

Yes this night would be almost perfect. The only thing missing was... Aion? Was Cyan seeing things? The student could have sworn he'd poked his head around the door and looked into the dance. Maybe he was coming down to avoid studying for so long. Maybe he was trying to find another girl - had he gotten a new girlfriend and not told her? The minx. Though he was good looking so Cyan didn't expect any less. Carefully the teen made her way over, watching for any sign that shed actually spotted him and not imagined it.

It was incredibly difficult to see anything going on in the Great Hall with so many people wandering around in there. Aion peered in, his eyes scanning for the girl in between nodding at those entering the festivities. He felt very out of place, and it didn't look as though he was even going to spot her. He wasn't even so sure as to why he needed to see her, now of all times. Surely whatever it was could wait until the morning, it would be so much easier to locate the Hufflepuff when she came down for breakfast. Not wanting to intrude any longer than he had to, he pushed his hands into the pockets of his jeans, ducking out of view. Every moment he spent hovering here increased the chance of him running into some Gryffindor's, some more unfriendly than others.

Since the Great Hall was opposite the entrance of the castle, it didn't take long for the seventh year to exit the main doors, and down a few steps, where he took a seat at the bottom under the darkening sky. There was no way he was going in there, but now that he'd given up on his studying for the evening, he was coming to realise he had a few hours free. With everyone distracted at the dance, he could go almost anywhere in the school undetected. Thoughts that he'd pushed down in his mind resurfaced as he pondered his available options. Not once had he let his hair down since he'd joined the school, he'd almost forgotten what it was like to have fun.

There he was again. Cyan was now sure she'd seen him. The puff smiled wide and grabbed two cups of punch hurriedly. She was mildly insulted he hadn't told her he was coming and stepped out of the entrance hall expecting perhaps to find someone talking to Aion. However she didn't even find Aion himself. Confused Cyan looked around, barely catching a glimpse of him. Her metallic dress shimmered as she attempted a semi-awkward jog to catch up. It didn't take long for her to become out of breath - she needed to exercise more she'd not run more than teen feet.

Upon seeing him sitting, Cyan approached Aion slowly. "She tread quietly, sitting down beside him when she got close enough. "Should have told me you were coming, now I owe you a punch." Cyan held out the drink to represent her pun. Smiling she glanced at her very under dressed friend. The silver material of her dress seeming to outshine his denim. He definitely didn't look like he was going to a dance.

With his elbows resting on his thighs, he ran both hands through his hair, considering his options. He only realised someone had appeared beside him when he heard them speak, and it didn't take him more than a second on this occasion to place it. Aion looked across to see the face he'd been searching for, before taking the glass she'd offered him. Immediately he placed it on the step behind them, taking her own out of her hand too to set it down beside his. He shuffled closer, both arms suddenly around his friend as he pulled her into a tight hug. He'd missed her, perhaps more than he'd realised, as he rested his head against hers for a few seconds. "Hey" He said quietly, not yet willing to give up on his grip. All he was aware of was the comforting feeling of her weight against his.

After a moment he finally pulled away, reaching back for both glasses and allowing her to take repossession. "I didn't plan on coming" He replied, although that much should have been obvious given his unappropriated attire. He looked her up and down, the silvery colour of her dressed looked very suitable for someone like her. "You look great by the way" He added, clinking his glass against hers before taking a sip. "I came down looking for you but I don't think I can handle being in there right now." He took another sip of the punch. It wasn't bad. His voice was quiet, and upon realising she clearly had other plans this evening, he really didn't want to keep her. He'd had enough experience with holding someone back that he didn't trust himself. If he told her was just here to thank her it would be pathetic. He knew he should have waited until morning. "We should talk though, if you want to. Maybe tomorrow though, since I expect you have people waiting for you in there" He nodded his head towards the Great Hall. He had a few things to update her on, but he refused to get in the way again.

Cyan was about to say how only one punch was for him when suddenly she realized why the glass was removed. The sixth year was not used to being on the other side of a surprise Hug. She gave them very often to just about anyone, but Aion was not the same kind of person she was. For a moment Cyan's eyes fluttered shut, and she breathed in, relaxed by human contact. Who wouldn't be after all. Her arms found here way around Aion, and she hugged her friend the best she good in the awkward situation. Cyan wasn't sure what she had done to deserve a hug, but she reminded herself that she needed to continue doing it so she could get more. Akon's hugs were nice and warm.

Cyan smiled as he talked, his voice a deep and soothing sound. She felt her cheeks flush peach as he complimented her dress. "You look nice too." She said and while it was pretty much what he wore everyday he still looked nice. He always did. The multicolor-haired woman laughed a small amount before shaking her head at his finalized statement. "I came alone. So no one really is waiting on me." She responded. Though if that wasn't enough she continued, "besides id rather spend time with you than almost any student in there." Cyan shuffled closer sipping on her drink. Staring up she wondered what was out there that he'd been searching for moments before she sat down. "What do you want to talk about?" she inquired, wondering if it had to do with her Rose. Maybe he was going to tell her what chapstick he used!

He hadn't been the one to put in the effort, but that didn't stop him smiling at her compliment. He was surprised to hear that she'd not come with anyone, and even more so when Cyan admitted she'd rather spend time with him anyway. Although he wasn't one to usually put himself down, he almost felt guilty that she felt that way, as though he shouldn't have gotten involved with her at all. He didn't want to think about what would happen if the same thing happened to Cyan as it had Maddie. He would have to keep his distance if he wanted to avoid a repeat. Changing the topic quickly, he pulled two notes out of his jeans pocket. "I thought you should know, your rose wasn't the only one I received" He said, handing the second one over. He'd appreciated the sentiment, but given how much their relationship had changed since roses were handed out, he knew it was going to be awkward the next time he and Danielle met. He gave her a moment to read it, but not wanting her to feel as though he'd forgotten about hers he added "Oh and for the record, I don't use any chapstick. This is all natural" He smiled. Glancing back down the note, he knew that Cyan didn't like the Dani, but he was curious as to what she thought about the development, and he needed a friendly opinion on what to do.

Cyan was happy sitting and drinking party punch with the only party being her and her newest best friend. She'd written home and told her mother and father about their friendship, though she'd lied a little and told them Aion was indeed a pureblood. It was easier to do that. After all, once she was out of school maybe they'd be less concerned. Besides it wasn't as if she was marrying Aion - no they were friends. She wasn't going to have children with him and mess up her families blood line. That's what the teen knew they were worried about - even though she was very far away from that. Cyan smiled up until Aion brought up a rose. It only faltered for a second before she nudge him. "Ooh, look at you you minx." She then looked at the note. When she read the initials she stopped smiling though. The only person she knew with a D to start they obnoxious name was that Danielle girl. Cyan had not minded her at first, it wasn't until both interactions in the kitchens and in the forest that she decided she nearly hated that hufflepuff. Cyan gave a small chuckle at Aion's statement. "Have to show me again sometime." She said halfheartedly. That girl didn't know when to give up. "So... you're showing me this because..." Cyan paused and glanced between her friend and the note. "Because you want her dead?" She finally concluded, hinting that she was a little irritated by Danielle's persistence.

It didn't skip the man's ears that she showed signs of wanting to repeat their first meeting, but before he could say anything else the tone changed as Cyan read the message. "I mean I don't know for sure whether it's her" He replied, although he was pretty certain it was. Who else seemed to have an infatuation with him, and besides there was no one else at the school with the initials "DC", regardless of middle name. Who was he kidding? Of course it was. Although he was quite confident Cyan was joking with her latest statement, he hadn't come to her for no reason. "Look I realise in four months both Danielle and I will be gone, out of each others hair" He began, trying not to think how strange it would be to have the freedom of doing his own thing. "Out of your hair" He added, "But I need to find a way to, I don't know, tolerate her. She's in all my classes" He didn't want to make a scene, and wasn't exactly sure of what he wanted from Cyan either, just reassurance perhaps that he wasn't misreading the situation.

This year the drama had certainly found him, and he was tired of being in the middle of it all. He wanted to be left alone, or at least alone enough that he didn't have to spend the majority of his time hiding around the castle. "Do you want to go back inside?" He asked, her quietly, hoping she hadn't gotten too cold sat on the stone steps at night.

Cyan raised a black eyebrow, the blue of the right sight of her head a contrast. She knew it was her and she didn't even know the girl's full name. Or didn't remember it at least, but she heard what he had to say. Cyan was bothered by his saying out of her hair. He wasn't in her hair. However first she focused on what he said about Danielle. "Civility is difficult but necessary. If it makes it easier for you I will be civil as well." She responded. "Aion I think the reason I got so defensive so fast is because you're the first person to ask me what I wanted. You're the only friend I've had that hasn't been about blood status, hasn't been about pushing others down to rise up. You're different and I don't know I just felt a connection of friendship." She admitted. "Tolerating her would be easy Aion but don't mistake friendship for civility in a situation like this. She uses tears to guilt you. That's not fair." She spoke with assurance in her voice.

To his other statement she finally responded though. "You don't plan on never talking to me again after you leave right? Because I thought maybe, on Holidays we could go places together. Canada, Mexico, Brazil." She named a few places in North and South America that she enjoyed. "I don't want to stop being your friend just because you might be busy. If we can only talk once a month, or once a semester I still want to be your friend." Cyan wasn't desperate for friendship, she only wanted him to know that she was there if he came back. Finally she smiled. "Do you want to go in there? Or are you worried I'm missing out on all the drama and kissing?" She inquired.

The Ravenclaw nodded as she spoke about civility, it would be difficult, but maybe it would be for the best if it stopped any further drama with Danielle. He looked up as she admitted he was her first friend, and he smiled as he felt touched that she thought so of him. "I'm glad I'm not the only one" He added, "If you'd never come over to my table that day I wouldn't be feeling right now like I was getting a second chance at fitting in at this school." He said, his green eyes glancing up to hers. "I don't talk to many people around here Cyan, even at Durmstrang I never had anyone to open up to." He gave a sigh, averting his eyes lower for a moment "When I was with Maddie, we didn't really, we didn't spend all that much time together. More often than not I would hang out with her because I felt I needed to give her the attention, not that she isn't great, but with you" He paused, trying to think of the right way to phrase it "I feel like what we have is much more relaxed, that I want to be around you, more than I have anyone else" He relaxed a little, relieved she knew how he felt.

He couldn't deny what Cyan was saying about Dani was true, and at least they were in agreement about the situation. He was reluctant to turn away chances at friendship, but if what Cyan was saying was true, perhaps he didn't need to worry. He smiled as the Hufflepuff suggested they take trips away once he'd graduated, "I'd love to visit places with you" He admitted, finishing off the punch in his glass and setting it to the side. "Although we'd have to add China and Peru to that list" He grinned, happy to be planning a few things with a friend. It was exciting. He'd not had anyone stick around long enough for him, they'd always had their own things to attend to, and the idea that Cyan would want to be kept updated gave him hope that not everyone was interested only in the here and now.

He didn't want to go into the Dance, but from their seat they could just about hear the music, and he wanted to show Cyan he was thankful. Even if it wasn't his usual scene, he would go if she wanted to experience it. Besides it may be the only opportunity he would get to do something like this, and he wasn't a fan of missing chances. She'd clearly dressed for the occasion, even her hair looked more colourful that it had last time they'd spoken. "Oh, you won't be missing out" He smiled, lifting himself from the stairs, extending a hand to help her up. "Cyan, what are those!" He called out, half laughing as he noticed how tall her heels were.

Cyan was surprised with how easily the conversation could go from casual to deep without there being any discomfort in the room between them. The most flattering part of the entire situation is that she was his second chance at Hogwarts. Cyan was sad that it had to wait so late into his schooling. Cyan continued to smile, but in the distant back of her mind she thought for a moment about how, if she'd let her blood supremacy really get in the way she wouldn't be sitting here with Aion. They'd have never talked. Of course she'd never have had to deal with Danielle either, but in this case the good outweighed the bad when she thought of her new friend. Of how she'd get to see the world with him when she had breaks. Maybe once she graduated as well. "And Spain." She added quietly. "It's where my grandmother was from." Cyan felt it so easy to give information to Aion about her family, her past, her parents. He was easy to talk to. Whereas with some pureblood she felt there was a pressure to be perfect and have the right kind of family. If anything wrong was said out loud she'd receive a howler for sure.

Cyan smiled at his remark adn shook her head. He was such a cheesy kid. She liked that about him. The Puff didn't hesitate to take his hands and stand. With her heels on she was only around five inches shorter than Aion rather than nearly a foot. She felt her face flush a crimson of embarrassment. She looked down at the overly large platform heels, the pastel pink color of them nearly matching the color of her ears at that moment. "They're my shoes!" She spoke, her brown orbs looking upwards at him, a mixture of a pout and a smile on her face. "I wanted to feel tall, not all of us are giants like you!" She said, giving him a gentle thwack on the chest with an open palm, feigning irritation. "Besides if I take them off how am I supposed to dance with you?" She inquired cheekily, walking toward the hall with ease of balance on the heels.

Aion was enjoying learning more about Cyan, without having to ask her the questions outright. "And Spain" he added in agreement, helping her to her feet. He wanted to visit as many places as possible, and since it wasn't as though he was on a time limit, he, or rather they, could go wherever they pleased. He was looking forward to having the open road ahead of him, and living as he went. He had a few preparations to put into place before they'd be ready, but he was sure that they would certainly see some interesting things while out there. It crossed his mind that maybe she would join him permanently once she'd graduated, but it would have been a lot to hope for at the moment. She would have her own life after all, and her owns dreams to pursue. For now Aion was just happy that she was considering spending some of her time with him.

He laughed as Cyan defended the things on her feet. He was more for practicality than fashion, but if she enjoyed them then that's all that mattered. They did go with her outfit, and she did look good. He didn't mean to embarrass her, but he just played it off, what else were friends for? Taking her hand, he began to walk back up and into the castle. He'd not realised how cool it was outside until they stepped back indoors, and he could literally feel the heat coming out of the Great Hall. Turning to face Cyan he said "You know, I'm not quite dressed for the part here" He would stand out not just with everyone else at the dance, but standing next to Cyan in her dress while he wore his jeans didn't feel right. He considered his options for a moment before finally he answered his own question. "Give me ten minutes" He pushed, hoping she wouldn't protest. If he was going to do this he was going to do it properly.

Cyan couldn't believe that Aion was so okay with adding another place to the list. She'd love to see Madrid, the bull run she had heard was amusing as Muggles tried to out run live animals. Cyan always thought it cruel but it was apparently part of the culture. The girl continued to smile. "Next time I won't dress so out of your league." She joked, before allowing Aion's hand to leave hers so he could run to get changed. The petite girl moved over to the wall and sat down for a minute before thinking. She could beat him back if she went to grab another pair of shoes. Cyan removed her heels and she herself dashed off, just far enough behind that he might not see her. She made it back, out of breath, and placed on her feet a pair of white flats. Maybe dancing might be more difficult, but perhaps he liked that she was shorter. The Hufflepuff sat wherever she could find a seat breathing heavily. "If i survive this year, I'll get into shape I swear." She promised some deity that might have listened to her. Cyan wondered if he'd struggle to spot her now, since she didn't peak over the heads of as many students when standing at a more natural heart. She didn't want to seem like she was trying too hard to be different though. She liked herself after all. When Aion came back into scene she approached. "Alright, ready to do some dancing?" She inquired, now looking up at Aion from her shortened stature, hoping he thought the fact that she was still a bit red in the face from running to beat him back, endearing. At least none of her makeup had ran.

Aion only realised how truly nervous he was to actually be attending the Dance now that he walked back through the door of the Great Hall. He'd swapped his jeans for a pair of smart black trousers, matched with a simple white shirt. It was much too warm for anything else, but he figured this was the closest to smart he was going to be dressed through out his whole time at the school. He tried to keep calm as he looked around for Cyan, doing his best to blank out the other familiar faces, secretly terrified at what might happen if Maddie and her group found him, here, with another student. He wanted to relax and make the most of his evening, and this was made much easier when Cyan approached him and he grinned down at her. She seemed even lower than she had a few minutes ago, and Aion glanced down to see she'd change out of her platforms. He was certain she didn't have those with her earlier, even as a back up. That, paired with the fresh glow her cheeks were now giving off, suggested that she'd done more than hidden them here in the Great Hall. "Was that for me, or so you can spend more time dancing?" He said, slightly louder than he usually would to compensate for the volume of the music. He'd managed to get up to the seventh floor and back within just a few minutes, and so helping himself to another glass of punch, downed it one.

Turning back to Cyan, he offered out a hand "I am now". Smiling, he walked across the dance floor. It was a very surreal feeling, and he was feeling so out of his depth he wasn't sure how long it would take him to get back to shore, but he had come to realise he wanted to be here, both for Cyan and himself, and he did his best to block out everyone else around them as the music played. It was Valentines, and as such, it was unsurprising that a large majority of the songs were slow. Placing a hand on her waist and taking her hand, he began to guide her to the sounds. If anyone had told him a week ago that he'd been attending the dance he wouldn't have believed them, but now he knew he'd made the right choice as he looked down into the face of his best friend. "You'll have to forgive my technique. This is a first for me" He admitted, leaning down to talk directly to her. It was probably obvious, but he wanted to at least give it a go before they switched to something more comfortable.

Cyan smiled at her friend and shrugged. "Being tall is kind of lonely. Now I see why you're always grumpy." She teased, looking down at the white shoes. Cyan followed suit with Aion and decided to re-hydrate with some punch. After all she didn't want to pass out halfway through the night and leave Aion to catch her. She wasn't sure if he'd be able to. A concussion was not a fun way to spend the evening. The younger student followed Aion, and her heart skipped a small beat. She hadn't been to any dances with another person, not anything that involved slow dancing with them. Sure Cyan liked to have fun adn be around each other, but she didn't often do.... this. Cy smiled up at him, one hand chastely on his shoulder, the other in his loosely. Her hands were cold comparatively, most likely because all her heat had remained in her chest and legs from running. She stood close enough to Aion that he might be able to speak with her, but couldn't help a giggle. "Maybe I should have kept the heels on to make talking easier." She spoke, now on her tiptoes to speak closer to his ear. Being this close to Aion was nice. She felt comforted and felt safe next to someone who actually cared about her. It was the best friendship she could have ever asked for.

Regardless of the drama that started nearly as soon as they had become friends, Cyan couldn't help but think maybe there was a reason for this. She brought herself closer to him, using her hand to guide him down so she could talk without shouting over the music. "My parents would be mad that we're hanging out." She said, but did not leave much of a pause. "And for once in my life, I don't care what they think." She admitted, a large step for the girl whose Pure blood father and mother were beyond the term prejudiced. "Thank you for stopping that day in the great hall. You're the best friend I could have ever asked for and I barely know you. I can't wait to get to know you more."

Aion gave a small laugh as she joked about being grumpy. He knew he wasn't the happiest student in the school, but he was working on it. He was coming to realize that whenever he was around Cyan his mood lifted substantially, and as the pair found themselves dancing together he pulled her closer to him. He was shaking, only slightly but enough that he worried that this friend might realize it. He smiled as she mentioned the obvious height difference, but even despite this he was able to lean down, and rest his head against hers. He was enjoying this more than he expected to, and since he was successfully managing to block out everyone but the pair of them, he wished he'd been able to do this sooner than during his final year.

Regardless of how long they'd known one another, Aion was sure they definitely had a strong connection. He could feel himself changing every time he spent time with her. Feeling her against him was soothing, and as they swayed in time to the music he was the happiest he'd been in months. He hadn't realized his eyes had closed, but he was taken aback slightly when Cyan mentioned how mad her parents would be. He had no time to react though as she continued, causing him to release her hand as both arms wrapped around her waist. He knew how her parents felt about his blood, and it meant a lot to him that she would consider their friendship above their opinion. "I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for you." He paused to look down into her eyes. He was completely sincere, and he didn't mind who heard it. "You're the one who should be thanked. You've reopened my eyes, and I couldn't do that on my own" he said, planting a kiss on the top of her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back