OOC First Name
Lovi
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Curved 15 Inch Rigid Elm Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Wangui Yamamoto did not think that Hogwarts New Zealand would be so selective with exchange students. However, Heidi's plan to get her away from her mother had worked, and Wan was thankful. She convinced herself that the world deserved to experience her genius. The selection of electives was beyond disappointing and the uniforms were ugly. She could not wait to return to Mahoutokoro, but she was thankful to be away from home.

It was snowing, and Wan loved snow. Winter was the best season. Cold and bleak. But there was beauty in it all. She sat in the snow under a tree, and she had used a charm to make her robes as repellent as she could from the snow since it was just water. A Ravenclaw in her year as her "buddy," which she did not need. She decided to give it a shot anyway. Wan flipped to the next page of her textbook while she waited.

Ajaccio had been surprised when he’d been asked to help one of the new transfer students. It was part of the exchange programme and was apparently from a magical school of a language he knew. He was a little worried about it, because though he did speak Japanese his Japanese had never been as good as his other languages and he had been out of practice for a little while. He’d taken a little time to just go over a few things with a Japanese book from the library but all too soon, he was heading to the great lawn to meet with her. He wasn’t sure what to expect other than he’d been told she was a Slytherin, in his year too. Which was likely when he had been asked of all people rather than someone else, someone her age was good.
Ajaccio headed outside, he’d brought his skateboard, but the snow made it difficult to move, so he carried it at his side. He spotted the girl, someone he didn’t know and approached her, noting as he did that she was beautiful, ”hey there,” he started in English, letting himself push away the part of him that found her pretty he was here with a task, ”Are you Wangui? I’m Ajaccio, i’m your buddy,” he followed in accented and uncertain Japanese, he could get by, but it had definitely been a while since he’d spoken it.

Wangui continued to read. She needed to be prepared because the curriculum at Hogwarts New Zealand was different. She understood much of it already, but there could be something she missed, and she would not tolerate rivals. Wangui looked up to see a Ravenclaw student approaching her. She turned her head to scan the area because Wan knew this wild looking twerp had not been assigned to her. Wan sighed and had no choice but to look back at the student. The doe-eyed Slytherin raised an eyebrow when Ajaccio greeted her in Japanese. With enough effort, she could ignore his eyebrows. "You've got to be kidding me," she groaned and slammed her book closed with a single hand. Wangui's English speaking skills were only a tad above Ajaccio's Japanese from what she could tell. Wan herself only knew two languages, but she could tell her peer knew more than that. Her curious eyes formed into a glare. Wan looked for something to say, but she was utterly speechless.

Ajaccio wasn’t sure what reaction he was expecting from the girl but she seemed a little less than happy about it. He gave a slightly awkward laugh and wasn’t sure what he would do. ”Yeah, just little old me,” he kept with the Japanese, wondering if it was the fact he was so out of practice that it was worse than he remembered, ”It’s been a while since I had to speak Japanese, and I never got that good at it,” he kept with Japanese but it was slower, and he hoped that she might just be having problems with his accent. ”But we can stick to english if that’s easier for you,” he said in english, he kept his tone clear and didn’t speak as slowly as he might’ve otherwise. But her English seemed good but he didn’t want to overwhelm her.

Wangui looked away from the Ravenclaw to take in the scenery. The trees and bushes were still and covered in white. Although it was cold and wet, Wan felt so alive. She is waved idly to suggest Ajaccio be quiet. "Stop, stop. It hurts my ears." Wan complained. "Just sit. Be quiet." She ordered. Her voice was not forceful, but it was firm. Wangui did not want to admit that she was still adjusting to her environment. She felt off. "The weather here is terrible," she said in Japanese.

Ajaccio stopped speaking when she told him to. Perhaps it was a little overwhelming, and perhaps he wasn’t in his talkative manner the best suited for her. But he as he was told, he’d always listen to those kinds of instructions from firm voices. He had never struggled adjusting to new places, a side effect of his life being one constant move. He wondered what it would be like to really have roots somewhere. To always have one place to go back to, there was his mum’s house but that was not really his place, it was just the half way house between adventures, it always had been. He looked around at her comment and gave a little nod. ”Japan has beautiful springs,” he replied in Japanese, he wasn’t sure if he was allowed to speak yet, but he could at least agree with her on things...right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back