Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Asexual (Mervyn)
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Rigid Dogwood Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
Just because Leda had never wanted to be part of the Heta Omega didn't mean she couldn't see why some people did. In theory, it was a good club. Girls who probably wanted some other girls to look out for them was a good idea, although it just have never appealed to the Slytherin. When she was younger she'd had Olive and a good solid pair of shoes to deal with anything or anyone she came up against. "Emilia?" she approached the President of the Heta Omega who she found sat at the Hufflepuff table. As far as she could remember, Leda hadn't spoken to her before, but she didn't have any problem started up conversation with a stranger.

Emilia knew this Valentine's day would be bittersweet, much like last year. She had no one to send her anything but yellow, and while she appreciated her friends, she couldn't help but miss the certainty of getting a pink or red rose from her boyfriend. The girl was trying to block out all the deliveries happening in the great hall, focusing on her meal, when she heard someone say her name. The Hufflepuff looked up to see Leda, the Head Girl. "Oh, hello." She said, her heart sinking a little as she realized what this meant.

As Emilia turned round to greet her, Leda gave her a smile although anyone who knew her knew that the emotion wasn't really there. It had sort of vanished in the last few months, although at least that meant Leda wasn't quite as harsh as she used to be either. "I have a rose for you," she said, holding out a yellow rose to the girl. "I hope it's good news," she said. Then again, the last time Leda had said that to Kira, the Ravenclaw had run out of the room in tears.

Thanks for being the best big sister!

-Nicole

Wendall wasn't the only Layton who seemed to have Emilia on his list. After spotting his cousin over at the Hufflepuff table, he saw that she was talking to older girl and slipped in beside them. "Sorry. Are you Emilia Manning or a different Emilia?" he asked with genuine concern. He didn't want to give it to her if it wasn't the right girl after all.

Emilia kept her smile up, even if she was nervous about the rose she would receive. She knew that it would be yellow, but there was still a part of her hoping for something pink. But as she took the rose from the head girl, it was a yellow one. The note was a sweet one, making Emilia smile more genuinely. "Thank you." She said, before she was surprised by a young boy who joined them. "I am Emilia manning." She said, frowning a little. "Can I help you?"

Wendall glanced up to Leda who had given him a nod, and sure enough the Hufflepuff confirmed that she was the Manning that he was looking for. He smiled at the blonde, pulling out a rose, and then pulling out a second one. "Hey look, you've basically got like, three at once!" he teased, wondering if they were all from the same person.

Emilia,
I know i’ve done you wrong, I know I don’t deserve it. But if you could, give me a chance to explain. Meet me in the courtyard on Sunday at 1pm. If you don’t come I’ll never ask this of you again.
Derek

You're gorgeous, believe it.
(Unsigned)

Emilia's eyes widened at the sight of the two extra roses, especially the pink one. Uncertainly, Emilia took them both from the young boy, opening the note attached to the yellow rose first. She frowned at the content, her heart twisting at the sight of Derek's name. What could he possibly want from her? She knew immediately that she would go, but she also didn't know if it was smart. The next rose was the pink one, and Emilia nervously opened the note. It was a sweet message, but unsigned. Emilia blushed, wondering who thought that about her and wanted her to know it. "Thank you." She told the boy belatedly. "They are lovely."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back