I forgot to say outloud, how beautiful you really are...

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Everything felt like it was being put into fastforward. Harri thought this day wouldn't come for atleast a couple more years but here it was upon her. Suitcase packed, her hair its usual messy self she stood in the entrance hall. She was leaving school. Leaving her friends, but her family had called and she had to come. Her dad was ill, seriously ill in hospital back in London he had contracted some nasty disease and his days were limited. She bit her lip, she was determind to be strong about this, not to cry. She had asked a couple of people to come down just to say bye, she couldnt leave without saying goodbye these people had helped her through alot and she owed them that much. For once in her life she was early, afterall it wouldnt do to keep anyone waiting now. She sat on the steps of the entrance hall, her checked shirt blew open in the wind revealing a plain white T-shirt underneath, her converses which had doubled as school shoes sat on her feet and her usual skinny jeans were on her legs. She sighed shaking her head as a tear trickled down her face, "I promised. I promised," she told herself feebily as she simply allowed it to fall down her face.

Sam had received a request from Harri to meet her down at the entrance hall. Sam didn't know why but he went anyway. Wearing his usual pair of jeans, his hogwarts hoodie he made his way down to the hall. There he saw Harri and he smiled but it was quickly wiped off when he saw suitcases, "No.." First Jenn now Harri. He ran up to her quickly. "Please tell me this temporary. You- You'll be coming back right?" But by the tears rolling down her cheeks he knew she was gone for good.

Zazuka came running down from the Ravenclaw tower when she heard the news. Harri was leaving. She made up one third of the amazing lawn trio and now she was leaving! Zazuka couldn't believe it. She gathered up the dolls that she had play for Andy's birthday. She had been messing with them sionce then and got them to where they could play almost anything. As a parting present she was going to have them play whatever Harri wanted.

Zazuka promised herself that she wasn't going to get dramatic at this. She wasn't all that stable lately with all the emotons flowing around and Zazuka acting like a super sensitive antena. Zazuka's sandals taped on the floor slightly as she hit the bottom step of the Entrance Hall. She took one look at Harri and ran to her. "None of us really want you to go!" She said wraping her arms around her friend.

Steph had got the note from Harri, that she wanted to meet her in the entrance hall. Steph walked there slowly, her thoughts on Aiden, and how he had left, without a goodbye.

When she got down to the entrance hall, she spotted Harri, ready to yell 'Harriet!' like she usually did when she saw Harri. But instead of her happy best friend, she saw Harri, standing with Sam and Zazuka. There were suitcases next to Harris feet. 'No..' She whispered, walking quickly toward them.

'Harri. Dont.. please?' Steph couldnt speak, her throat had clogged up, and tears where threatening to pour. She wrapped her arms around her best friend, sqeezing her tight. 'You.. no, you cant..' Steph knew Harri was leaving, and a part of her knew she wasnt coming back. 'Please?!' She begged, still hugging her best friend.

/omg that actually made me cry :cry:\

Alex walked down after Sam to the hall where he saw Harri, except she was all packed up. Alex slowed down, frowning. Is she leaving?Alex thought in horror. Guilt creeped up in Alex, hoping he wasn't to blame. he walked over with his hands in his pocket, letting her closer freinds speak to her first. He wasn't going to interefere with them. He tried to smile but it came weakly. He couldn't beleive she was going. He saw the tears though, and resisting the urge to wipe them off her face, he knew why she had asked them to come down.

Harri turned as she saw Sam, "Sam," she attempted to say but her voice broke and more tears flowed. ,"No, I-I..." she stopped speaking and just shook her head she hugged him tightly, "I'm going to miss you fella," she said ruffling his hair.
Her eyes flicked up as she heard footsteps, "Zuka," she said smiling through her tears. She hadn't seen Zuka in ages but seeing her before she went was something she had to do. "I dont want to go either," she said, completely chooked up now.
"Stephie," she cried, jumping up and running to her, "I'm. I'm going." she said her eyes bright red and tears spilling, "I'm going to miss you so much," she stammered hugging her so tight she was afraid she might brake a rib but she couldn't let go.
A flash of blonde hair and her heart shattered once more, attempting to walk over to Alex without letting the other three out of her sight for fear that they would disapear she began walking in a way in which she would of laughed had this been a situation. "Cullen," she siad breathlessly wrapping her arms around his neck in a vice like way as a hundred more tears splashed down her face, she let go of him but clung to his hand. "I love you guys," she whispered attempting to grin at them but failing. Her eyes flicked to the suitcase wishing this wasnt happening but knowing it was too real to miss.

Alex saw Harri speak to everyone. He saw Harri come towards him. He smiled at her before hugging her back as she hugged him, a bit too tightly to his liking but he wasn't complaining. He bit back the tears, he had promised Harri at the start of the year. 'I guess this is it then? You're really going.'he said, quietly before producing a hanky for her, unhappy to see her like this.

Zazuka's eyes where clouding up. She didn't usually cry but this was so sad and that was the emotion that was given off by everyone. God was depression toxic to her. Zazuka held her tears at bay though. "I... Brought something for you as a way of a good bye but it doesn't seem good enough now." She said taking out one of the dolls with a guitar in her hands. She looked at everyone seemingly pissed off but that was just the way her little face was painted.

Nina was heart broken, but not from Harri leaving, the truth was she didn't know her best friend, Harriet Turner, was leaving. If she did she would have come sooner, begging her to stay, but when she finally brought herself to read the letter she received from her she pulled on some jeans and a black hoodie, hoping that Harri would ignore her tears.

When she reached the Entrance Hall - or exit in this case - she spotted Alex, and Harri hugging. With tears still sloshing in her eyes from the fresh hurt from Brogan she ran over to her friend and wrapped her arms around her from behind, ignoring that Harri was still holding onto Alex's hand. "Harri," she choked, letting her head rest on her friend's shoulder. She had always thought of Harri as the little sister she never had, and even though she hadn't really seen her since she had thought Harriet was suffering from an eating disorder she loved the girl. "Don't go," she pleaded pathetically.

Steph couldnt stop the tears, she sobbed and sobbed. Getting Harris shirt wet with tears. 'Please, please dont go?' She begged, her voice breaking as the tears flowed.

Steph stepped back as Harri saw Alex, Steph knew how she felt about Alex. She cried softly as she watched Harri wrap her arms around Alex. Steph couldnt beleive Harri was leaving, she was her best friend, her only friend. If Harri left, Steph would have no one. How would she survive? How would she get through without her Harriet to help her. Steph couldnt live without Harri. She meant more than anything to her.

Steph closed her eyes, a failed attempt at stopping the tears. I love you guys Steph broke when she heard these words, she couldnt stop shaking as she opened her eyes. Tears falling harder. She stared into Harris eyes, and shook her head in disbelief. Steph barely noticed Nina join the group.

'I need to say something..' Steph whispered, clearing her throat for a speech. 'Harri, your my best friend, my everything. And to be honest with you, i dont know how im going to survive without you.
I remember the first time we met, it was longer than a year ago. I was in the common room, with my cat, and you came and introduced yourself. That was the day i met Belle, remember her? Belle Alcina. We were best friends. We got on just like that' Steph clicked her fingers, a tear falling down her cheek softly. 'You've been here through everything, when James and me broke up, when Belle left, when Rose died, when i fell out with my parents, when Alex and Ami died, and the whole situation with Aiden. I dont know how to repay you for everything youve done for me. Honestly, i wouldnt be here without you.
Thank you so much, for everything. I am gonna miss you so much,' Her voice broke, but she carried on, 'I love you. And i dont know how im gonna keep it together, watching you leave here..' Steph couldnt carry on.
She lost her battle with herself, and the tears came hard again.
Steph chewed on her lip, unsure whether someone else will say something.

/first rp! :cry:\

Harri nodded, "Uhuh. this is it," she said her voice braking on the last sentence, this was it. Her eyes widened in slight terror, this couldnt be it, could it? The end of the most harrd but amazing years of her life? But it had to be, her dad needed her, she was going to loose him. Sam Turner. He was going to be lost to her forever and she wasnt sure how she was going to cope with that, not that and loosing her friends. All of them.
As Nina walked over she dropped Alex's hand and wrapped her arms around her, "Thank you," she whispered, "Thank you for everything," more tears rolled down her cheeks. This whole situation was becoming a blur of tears and mumbled words. She turned back to Zuka who had said she had bought something, "Wow!" she breathed, a smile appearing on her face, "Thats awesome! Your amazing Zuka," she siad unattatching ehrself form Nina and running over to Zuka to hug her. She couldn't believe how lovely they were all being.
She turned as Steph said she had something to say, "Please Steph, I have to," she said, tears rolling faster down her face now.
"Belle," she siad nodding and laughing a little for the first time. Tears dripping down her face along with mascara and foundation lines, she knew she looked a state but at this moment she couldn't care less.
"Your strong, of course you'll survive without me. Please Steph, dont even say stuff like that," she said shaking her head and crying harder.
"Your strong, your strong," she kept repeating to herself through Stephs speach. She sunk to the floor slowly her back against the wall. "Steph your are going to be fine. No more then fine, your going to be better then ever! I can can write to you," she said barely able to speak through the tears "I. You, you'll be great! Your great! Youve got loads of friends for you here," she said shaking her head. "You have to move on from me, I was holding you back you have to go out and show everyone what Stephie Shirley is made of," she said, attempting to stand up and failing miserably. "You have to wave me off and move on. Promise me?" she whispered, the words hurt her physically to say but she knew that thats what had to happen, Steph had to go on being herself. "Youve changed my life, now you have to let everyone else benefit from you," she cried harder now.
Burying her face in her shirt she stood up on shaky legs, "And you have to ace everything. Okay? Your my little legacy here, you have to make me proud okay Sammy? Promise," she said, hugging Sam tight. He was like her little brother and she wanted him to be happy and succesfull.

Steph felt her whole body shake again, 'I cant.. Harri, your my best friend. Im never, i repeat never gonna let you go!' Steph pushed her fringe back from her face, not caring that the group of people are seeing her with terrible hair, and a red blotchy face with eye liner all over the place.
'Never.' She promised.

She watched Harri fall to the floor, Steph couldnt move. She hated, absolutly hated seeing Harri like this. Harri was like a sister to her, more than a sister. She was everything Steph could of hoped for in a best friend. 'I cant..' Steph closed her eyes again. When she opened them, she saw Harri return to her feet and talk to Sam.
Steph watched Harri hug him, when they had broke apart, Steph almost ran to Harri and threw herself into Harris arms, shaking against her body.
'I. Cant. Do. It. Without. You..' Steph cried through her tears. Her arms holding Harri into a hug, she had no intention of letting go. But she knew she had to, Harri had other friends to say goodbye too..
So Steph stepped back, and lent against a wall, crying and shaking quietly. Remembering everything Harri and Steph had been through. Remembering the summer together with Alex and Nina, remembering all the times Harri and Steph had laughed, and cried together..

After reading the letter Harri had sent her, Ellie's heart began to pound faster and faster and she ran straight out of the Gryffindor common room and down to the Entrance Hall, tears flying down her cheeks. "HARRI" she screamed as she arrived and seen her best friend surrounded by Zazuka and Steph and Sam and another girl she had never met. Running at her she flung her arms around her, "Please tell me it's not t-true" she stuttered through her tears. Harri couldn't be leaving. Ellie had just gotten back. Why did she have to leave? Why was everyone Ellie loved leaving. Her mum was gone and never coming back, her dad might as well be gone for all the use he was these days, and her granny and granda were over in Spain. "Please, please be coming back" she wailed, squeezing Harri tight, tears still pouring from her eyes and wetting Harri's shoulder."I-I'm not lettin you go" she told her, burying her head amongst Harri's hair. She felt like a little kid, not wanting her mummy to go on her first day of nursery school, except she was a teenager, who didn't want to loose her best friend. The best friend who had been there for her when her mum died, who had been there for her when her dad got a new girlfriend, who had been there for her since there first day of first year. She remembered the first time she met Harri, they had went straight into the Forbidden forest and been chased off a monster, climbed trees and ran amock. They ended up in the Hospital Wing that night, Ellie with a broken leg. She was a teenager, scared of loosing the best friend she had, whom she loved.

"You have to," Harri siad, it felt like a knife was twisting in her, "You have to be happy," she said through tears.
"You can, you can," she said as Steph launched herself at her, though inside she was wondering how she was going to cope without Steph, they had been through too much together, "I..." she began when she heard a voice that made tears spring to her eyes.
"Ellie," she whispered, her eyes filling with tears, "I-I-I cant," she said shaking her head and gribbing on to Ellie in a vice like grip, she hadnt told anyone about her dad. She couldn't, she had just said she was leaving no explanation, it was hard enough with having to admit it.
"I cant stay," she whispered, her face in a pained expression. "Ellie I'm going to miss you too much," she said crying so much now she wondered if her tears would ever stop. It felt like she was being punched around, her insiders were crumpling underneath her and her head was spinning. "I have to go," she mumbled, yet seh made no effort to move. She was being picked up from the gates, her uncle would be here soon and she had to see her dad, but she had to say goodbye. She glanced at the clock and realised she still had time before he would be here. These last 30 minutes at school were going to be painful.

Alex watched as everyone practically burst into tears everywhere. He felt really out of place and produced another tissue. 'here Steph'he said quietly to her, handing her a tissue. If she used it, great but if she didn't, Alex didn't mind. He guessed this was something like losing a family to her just the same. Alex heard Harri say she had to go and Alex wondered where she was meeting everyone. 'Here, Harri. I'll help you with your bags if you want'Alex said, offering. He hadn't anything to give her and he felt bad for doing so.

'Thanks,' Steph said quietly to Alex, smiling weakly at him before wiping under her eyes. She looked at the tissue, it was pretty black. great she though, wiping her tears, whilst trying not to watch Harri and Ellie, it would only set her off again.

I have to go When Steph heard these words the dropped the tissue, turning to Harri. Chewing her lip, she watched her best friend look at the clock. Steph wondered when Harri really had to go, when she had to leave Hogwarts, when she had to leave Steph.

Steph sank to the floor, quietly. She pulled her knee's up to her body, and rested her elbows on her knee's. Burying her head in her arms. Her forehead rested in her hands. Steph still shook a little, but the tears were slowing.

When Steph looked up, she wasnt aware of the obvious pain and sadness on her face..

/Lame post :cry:\

Ellie continued to cry, you could probably fill a large paddling pool with her tears, if you wanted to! "Why? Why do you have to go Harri?" she asked, her voice unusually high pitched and cracked. "Please stay, I can't bear to loose you, I love you" she told her, taking a large gulp of air and nearly choking on her tears. "Please, please stay" she begged, still hugging Harri tightly. She felt like her world was crumbling around her. To be honest, it was, when she thought about it, who else did she have?
(Lame :()

Nina uneasily let Harri go, letting her hug Zazuka, the girl she vaguely remembered from last year. She looked over at Alex painfully, she couldn't believe Harri was leaving. She didn't want to believe it! She wiped her eyes, but still tears came. She wrapped her arms around Alex, in a purely platonic fashion, she just needed to hug someone so Harri could say good bye to the rest of her friends because if she didn't she knew that she would hog the young Gryffindor to herself.

But when Alex offered to help Harri with her bags, she sniffled and let go of Alex, and snaked her arms around her stomach, everything was going so horribly wrong! "Harri, I never gave you your Christmas present, but I don't want you to go without it kay?" she said, remembering that she had her friend's present still in her dorm. Nina took her wand out and summoned the picture she had of Alex, Harri, Steph, Harri's family and herself. When it landed in her hands she handed it over to Harri and more tears fell out of her eyes. "Be good, little sister," she said, forcing a weak smile, but it failed.

Sam back away slightly as her more closer friends came, he didn't want to intrude. He shoved his hands in his pockets and looked at the ground, he couldn't believe it. Though he smiled weakly when she said for him to ace everything. "I'll try to.." Sam would try now, if it was for Harri, he'd try harder. Sam's eyes resumed looking at the ground until she said she had to go, this was it. He looked up quickly but didn't say anything, she needed to be with her best friends and they needed to be with her.

Hollie legged it down into the entrance hall, where she skidded to a stop upon seeing the cluster of people surrounding Harri. She had received a message from her friend asking her to join her for perhaps the last time, and was so confused.
"Harri?" she said, running over. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry I'm late, why are you leaving?" She was close to tears.

[[guys i'm on holiday from about an hours time 'till saturday after next, so there's a chance this may have ended by then but i'll reply to all comments when i get back P if this makes sense?? ]]

"Thanks," Harri said nodding. She looked at the big clock, time was flying to quickly "30 minutes," she whispered, she took some deep breaths with her eyes closed trying to calm herself down. "No steph," she siad, glad her voice sounded calmer despite the fact tears still streamed. "Please dont make this harder then it already is," she whispered resting her head on Stephs, "You have to be strong. You are strong, I know that so dont prove me wrong," she whispered hugging her friend.
"Ellie I have to," she whispered, "You dont understnad how much I have to," she croaked, she couldnt say the reason outloud. It hurt too much, she could barely breathe at the thought of it. Her world was collapsing around her and she felt trapped, she couldnt stay anything to anyone. "I can't, I cant," she siad shaking her head, "I cant stay," she whispered her voice was pained, her expression was painful to look at and she was blocking it all inside.
She looked up at Nina as she gave her a present, "Nina it's..." her voice broke mid sentence and she looked at the photo, tears rolling down her face. "I love it," she whispered squeezing her tight. As Nina called her little sister, she moaned painfully, "I'm going to miss you so much. I love you," she whispered, "Big sister," her voice was loud enough for Nina's ears only. She clutched the picture to her chest feeling like she could never let it go.
A few deep breahts and she turned to Sam grinning "Thats all I can ask," she said happily, feeling refreshed by him, he was like her little brother and she would miss him lots. "And be nice to your friends, and Jen," she said winking at him and hugging him tightly.
"hollie," she sighed as her friend came over, "I-I," she couldn't tell her, "I have to," she repeated lamly, hugging her friend, "I'm going to miss you you know?" she said quietly. She glanced at the clock, the hands seemed to be moving too quickly, minutes were passing in the places of seconds. Soon she would leave for good...

Ellie let go of Harri and stepped back. "Okay." she said, looking down at her feet, tears still trickling down her cheeks. "I'm going to miss you, so much" she told her, fresh tears erupting from her eyes which she tried desperately to wipe away. She didn't want to be crying the last time Harri would see her, and Harri was obviously upset enough without her making her worst.

Harri smiled at Ellie weakly, "I'm going to miss you too, more then you'll know," she said quietly. Her eyes flicked to the clock, "Time to go," she said, her voice husky as tears poured thicker and faster down her face, "I'm meeting my un..." she couldnt carry on. She launched herself at them all individually, hugging them all so tight, "I love you all, everyone of you. I'm going to miss you all," she cried, breathing deeply in an attempt ot calm herself down, she couldn't bring herself to say goodbye, she quoted something from a film she had watched when she was younger, "Never say goodbye, because goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting." She siad the words loudly looking at the people who were gathered to say goodbye to her. The people she was going away from. The people who one day would forget her. She cried harder now, tears poured down her face as she staggered over to her bags.

Nina felt a fresh wave of tears stream down her cheeks as she heard Harri call her "big sister". "Will you write?" she asked weakly, although she understood if she couldn't, she understood how heartbreaking it was to loose family, although she had never really lost her parents, but then again she had never known them.

lame ^^

Harri nodded, "I'll try,"she said weakly, she hadnt told anyone about her dad yet. Not even Ellie and Steph and she wasnt sure how she could tell them. She picked up her bag, "Could you help me Alex?" she asked dryly. Her eyes were red and she couldn't help it. Never say goodbye, because goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting the words flew around in her head. "Goodbye," she whispered before breaking down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back