OOC First Name
Cole
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Chaser <3
Aminia Macksimov loved the rose bush. She cared not for it's meaning, she'd never known the student who died. In fact it didn't concern her that students had died - it was bound to happen eventually wasn't it? The blonde knew if she was careful and intelligent - which she always was - she could get through her schooling at Hogwarts with no scrapes or scars. None on the outside at least. Thus far she had none on the inside either - and that was how she preferred it. Perhaps that was why she'd only contact Lennon occasionally. She liked having him around - he made her feel good about herself, but she knew the minute they graduated she would never hear from him again, so what was the point in getting close to someone who wouldn't stick with her? She didn't need that kind of trouble.

Over the past week of being back Aminia had begun to feel slightly down, and rather melancholic. She was home sick for the dance academy - and though she didn't want to stop learning magic she also did not want to be away from dance and become rusty. So for that day, while she was feeling as if she was slipping, she invited Lennon to come sit with her via note, on the blanket she'd laid out. There were snack cakes to share from the kitchen, and the blonde was already munching away, waiting for her toy to come spend some time with her.

Lennon was not expecting to hear from Aminia so soon into the school year, so it was a pleasant surprise when he got her note. He finished up whatever he was doing and headed out to the spot which she had designated. He was used to Mini wanting to meet up every once in a while when they hadn't spoken in a while - all on her end - so he hoped this was a turning point in their relationship, whatever it was. He had written to her once over the holiday break but she hadn't written back so maybe she was going to apologize for that. But when Lennon approached the rosebush, he was surprised to see a blanket and food laid out for them. That was new. Maybe things really were changing for them after they had kissed. Lennon's heartbeat quickened but he tried not to seem nervous as he walked up to her. "Hey," he greeted her, smiling brightly. He carefully took a seat across from her and asked, "What's all this?"

Aminia was already sat with legs crossed, and had just finished a treat when Lennon approached. She gave a soft, close lipped smile to him before returning his hello. "I figured perhaps you would be hungry and want to eat. It is a lovely day out is it not?" She asked, pushing the basket full of goodies to him, so he could look through the sweet breads and candies. The snack cakes which were coated in chocolate were Aminia's favorite, so of course she took a napkin and reached in to grab one. "Lennon I wanted to apologize for not responging to your letter. I am sorry." She spoke, though she was more visually interested in her food than in the boy it seemed. "My parents do not allow distractions if I am to dance. They restricted my owls and I did not see it until recently." Not all of this was a lie, in fact it was all fairly true. However Mini wouldn't have responded regardless. "Did you miss me?" She asked, padding her ego prepared for him to say yes. Her golden orbs turned upwards, finally making eye contact.

Lennon had to admit that he was rather surprised at Mini's kind gesture, and then immediately felt bad for being surprised by it. He nodded when she said it was a nice day out because he had noted it and was glad to spend some time out of the castle, and being with Aminia out here was even better. Lennon watched her push the basket toward him and begin apologizing but he noted how she had not made eye contact with him. Instead of getting angry, he tried to conceal a smile because it was somewhat endearing. Mini was stubborn and apologizing did not come naturally to her, so he appreciated the effort even if she couldn't do it while looking at him. The Ravenclaw chuckled and nodded once she was done. "It's okay, I understand," he said simply, not asking for further explanation. His voice caught in his throat when she finally looked up at him because her beauty was that distracting but he blinked and ruffled his hair. "Of course I missed you," he said before his brain had a chance to filter it into something less embarrassing. "That's why I wrote you," he shrugged. "How was your break?" he asked, not daring to return the question.

Aminia watched the boy choke on his words, adn batted her eyelashes as if she were confused by his sudden stop in speech. The Ravenclaw shifted her weight a bit, leaning on her hand, almost offering a place for him to lay his hand over hers. She of course was strategic in all her movements when she was with someone like Lennon - though she didn't need to be. For Lennon, a simple boy as she viewed him, she need only bat her eye or pout. She knew him well enough to know Veela charm worked at least. "My break was nice, but I did a lot of practicing. My parents have gotten me a new partner for dancing for shows. He seems nice enough." The nonchalant tone about Mini's words was betrayed by her heart, and she wondered if she'd be able to make him jealous by talking about her dance partner from home. "Was your break eventful? Maybe one day we can spend some of break together?" The suggestion while sounding innocent, was fairly empty to the girl. What could Lennon do that was interesting. Though she did wonder about his photography if that was what kept him from being bored.

Lennon watched as she shifted her weight and looked up at him, such a fluid simple motion and it still made him wish he could tell her to stop doing that. He tried to concentrate on what she was saying instead, somewhat interested in how seriously Mini took her dancing. He admired that she was so dedicated to it and he knew from watching her that she was good at it. But in the midst of nodding his head he heard the tail end of what she said. Oh. Okay. "That's cool," he lied. "Your parents picked him out for you?" he questioned, unsure how that worked and what it meant. He did okay enough to conceal his jealousy and it helped that Mini offered to spend time together during break some time and the Ravenclaw smiled. "I'd like that," he said simply with a smile on his face. "I usually flip flop between England and Ireland so whichever suits your fancy one of these days," he mused. "Or I could go visit you," he offered hesitantly. He didn't know if that was an option but he decided to throw it out there anyway.

Aminia nodded at what he said. "Yes. They say he is a gentleman, though I have not told my parents that he kissed me." Aminia left a long pause between that and the rest of her thought. Aminia hated lying but she was not satisfied with the reaction that Lennon gave. Was he not jealous of the girl? Or rather of the boy that was dancing with her? Aminia finally spoke again. "But I stated there was someone else I was interested in." Aminia spoke with a fairly flat affect, the words not lending to whether that was Lennon or not. "As for visiting me, perhaps if my parents are not in the house. The are... not very welcoming if I am to be honest." She spoke about her family and a small amount of emotion seeped into her voice. She meant it, they were not agreeable. Especially since Lennon was a nobody - especially to them. He was not famous, nor aspiring to be a dancer. They'd not be agreeable with him.

Lennon had not expected for Aminia to openly admit that she had kissed someone else, or if he was being technical, that someone else had kissed her. Try as he might to conceal his jealousy his grey eyes narrowed as he tried to read her expression, which was cold as usual, and he shifted uncomfortably. Did Mini want him to kiss her? There were so many thoughts running through his head, he opened his mouth to ask a question but then quickly closed it again. Before he could decide on what to say next, she spoke again. Lennon bit his lip to keep the new question that popped in his head; he couldn't subject himself to that type of verbal rejection so instead he wallowed in not knowing. Lennon cleared his throat and said, "I think you should tell your parents that he kissed you because that doesn't seem appropriate for work colleagues," he said, trying and failing to to come from a professional standpoint and not as a jealous crush. Then he tilted his head to the side when Mini said her parents were not very welcoming. He briefly wondered for a moment if that's why Mini was the way she was, but he had absolutely no idea about her family since she was very private so he didn't want to assume anything. "Do they hate anyone who's not pureblood or something?" he tried to keep himself from rolling his eyes at the idea.

Aminia watched his steel colored orbs narrow and inched her hand over to his. She knew that emotion well from watching her sister get praise through her own narrowed orbs. The golden eyed girl finally adjusted her sitting to take his hand but refused to look at him in doing so. "I might. They may just tell me it is what to expect as a Veela." She then smiled at his question and laughed at the stupidity of it, though it may have just seemed like a chuckle. "Lennon I am a Veela. It is not blood that matters it is worldly status. My parents put a lot of stake in if a person is well known positively. My mother was a dancer and my father is a businessman." This was the most she had shared and so after the sentence she clammed up. "I am sorry." She spoke though she wasn't sure why she was apologizing to him. "Your family, you like them?" She asked trying hard to change the subject, still holding onto his hand

Lennon looked down when Mini shifted and took his hand and gave a small smile that she didn't see because she wasn't looking at him, which was fine with him because he didn't want to ruin the moment. But then he got upset over what she said so he was probably going to ruin it anyway with how angry he was. "Being a Veela isn't an open invitation for guys to kiss you whenever they feel like it. Do you know how many times I've wanted to kiss you but I don't because it's common decency to get consent first?" he said before he could stop himself. Lennon stuttered and blushed, frustrated and embarrassed. He sighed and said, "I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that," referring to the whole thing. He knew that being Veela meant she was not a pureblood, but he did not put it past wizarding families to still want their children to only like purebloods to ensure the 'best' blood. He was glad that was not the case for Mini's family, but he tilted his head slightly as she spoke about them for the first time ever.

He frowned in thought and shook his head, "Don't apologize! Do you feel a lot of pressure from them?" he asked carefully. This was the most he'd ever gotten out of Mini so he was going to take advantage of it before she shut herself up again. But when she asked about his family, it was his turn to avoid eye contact. He liked that Mini was still holding his hand so he stared at that as he responded. "My mum's a nurse, or retired nurse I guess," he shrugged, unsure how to explain his mum's depression. "And my dad was a professional Quidditch player but he's dead," he said in a deadpan voice. "He was super famous for it though, would that impress your parents?" Lennon said sarcastically. It was clear his father's death was something he was still bitter about. "I'm sorry that was rude I shouldn't have said that," he shook his head.

To say Mainia was surprised by the boys reaction would be an understatement. Sure Aminia had expected Jealousy but she perceived anger. Her heart skipped a beat, and though her head was not pointed in his direction she dared to steal a glance by shifting her eyes his way. Aminia smiled gently at what he said. "You always have permission from me Lennon." She spoke before glancing over, a corn silk colored eyebrow raised on her face.

Aminia did not say much more on the subject because with Lennon's next question she was shocked into silence. Perhaps she should have said yes, but the fact that her head turned back to look at the bush and her lips were held tight did it for her. The Veela felt an unclmfortable amount of emotion thinkin about being pressured by her parents to be a good dancer. Her siblings were less so it seemed, or perhaps that was because they were better at their dance than she was, that was why she had to practice so much. It was unfortunate to say though the person who pressured Aminia the most was herself.

Finally tuning into what Lennon was saying she gave a genuine laugh by his sarcasm. It wasn't that fake, light laugh she often gave, but a genuine chuckle with an opened mouth smile that split her olive skin with two rows of white. "Do not apologize. Honesty is something not to be apologized for." She spoke with a gentle squeeze of his hand. Again she looked at him, eyes soft. Perhaps Lennon was a good friend, but Aminia knew better than to let him past arms length.

Lennon didn't know where his outbursts had come from, only that he hadn't been able to stop himself. To his surprise Mini wasn't upset by it and her reactions to both the things he said shocked him. He half smiled at the thought of being able to kiss her whenever he wanted, and even though he'd just been given permission, he didn't take the open invitation to do it. Lennon was acutely aware of the way Mini avoided answering his question but her silence spoke volumes so he felt he'd gotten an answer either way. He smiled when she told him not to apologize and said, "I suppose you're right." This was a slightly different side of Mini that he was enjoying getting to see. It was like falling for her all over again. He felt her squeeze his hand and looked down at it and then back up at her. "So about that kiss?" he asked before laughing a little nervously, hoping it was okay for him to lean in and press his lips against hers. He did just that before he lost his nerve.

The blonde was surprised, but she held hope out that by offering Lennon the permission to kiss her whenever he would become clingier, need her in a way. Not that it was more than kissing - and Aminia never thought past that at all. She just knew that kissing was a milestone for some teens, especially males. Aminia raised an eyebrow at Lennon as he spoke, though it was at his second sentence not his first. Aminia had no problem giving away kisses for free. Lennon would help her practice dance she was sure - and he would even do her work if she needed. Perhaps carry her books, or go fetch her things. It was an easy trade. So the blonde leaned in and kissed Lennon on the lips, piulling away after a few moment shad passed. "That Kiss?" She asked rhetorically once finished.

Lennon had not forgotten how unprepared he felt for his first kiss with Mini, so this time he was ready. He felt a thrill run through his spine as their lips touched and thought he could do this forever. Except Mini pulled away not too long after that, asking him a question sarcastically. Lennon laughed and nodded his head, except he didn't feel quite finished so he gently cupped her face in his free hand and pulled her in for one more kiss. He figured if Mini was going to grant him permission he should take advantage of it while he could. Once he pulled away his boldness faded and he felt somewhat shy once more. He cleared his throat and laughed and said, "So what were we talking about again? Oh right! Your parents." Lennon laughed a little and tried to get back on track.

Aminia allowed Lennon to cup her face and kiss her again. Their kisses were chaste, innocent, as anyone would expect. Mini's cheeks were a heated peach color though, underneath the olive skin tone she typically held. The blonde looked across at the lake once more and took in a breath that nearly cleared the redness from her cheeks. What an odd time to have been holding one's breath. "My parents." she muttered sharing her head. "I do not think I want to talk about them anymore." The blonde felt mildly awkward, her heart beating in her chest in a strange way, feeling as if it were fluttering or if it were chilled and shuddering. Aminia's gold eyes shifted and from the corner of her almond lids she looked at Lennon. "Maybe.. Maybe I should go. I do not want to take up so much of your time. You are very popular after all. Perhaps Sianna is waiting." Aminia baited the boy, as if to seem perhaps jealous.

Lennon knew it would be a long shot to get Mini to talk about her parents again since she was so private about her family and she was so reluctant in the first place, so he wasn't surprised when she stated her reservations about the subject. He nodded in understanding and squeezed her hand reassuringly. But then his brows furrowed when she suggested leaving. "What? No," he protested almost in a whine. Then he laughed at the mention of Sianna, trying and failing to conceal his amusement, and shook his head in disbelief. It was such an absurd thing to say at a moment like this, after he had just kissed her twice. "I'll always make time for you," he stated with complete honesty. "You invited me here, don't go," he pleaded softly. Lennon knew with Mini once she made up her mind she wouldn't linger for so long, so he was trying to quickly convince her otherwise.

Lennon's small whine of protest almost brought a smile to Mini. It was so evident how much he enjoyed her company. The girl wondered if she could force him to do her homework - or perhaps he would even abandon someone like Sianna completely. No she wouldn't make him do that, it would be too much to have him always tailing her - she just needed enough loyalty to attach him to her until she left school. Mini's eyes still stared at the ground when he spoke, and for a moment she thought of siting back down. "You are right, it would be rude of me to leave. We should at least finish the snacks." She decided, surprising herself. "Why is it you always take photographs. Is it enjoyable?" She asked, trying quickly to change the subject to him, so she could collect her own thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back