I Don't Kiss and Tell

Banafrit Louise

Stuffing her socks into her battered old suitcase, Banafrit barely had time to make it out the door before the motel almost charged her for another night (that she couldn't afford). She'd been in South Africa long enough and it was time to head for home. A few muggles couldn't help but stare as she barged past them all, trailing loose change and frogs spawn from her case. She had to apparate in an alleyway, but the problem with that was that muggles lived in the darn crawl spaces. Why couldn't they just get a house or something? It would make traveling a whole lot easier. She would have apparated from a bathroom or suchlike, but the motel owner was a grumpy-pants and liked nothing more than to charge her extra for everything. No doubt she'd also look ridiculously suspicious carrying all of her bags into a stall and apparating off with a loud 'crack'. "Cheap bugger," Banafrit mumbled in a disgruntled fashion under her breath. He'd probably add the noise to her bill. She was already in a testy mood after having to go deep into the bowels of the alley to find a private spot. It stunk suspiciously of burnt tires and rotten cabbage in this particular area. Not wanting to stay another moment, Bana closed her eyes and pictured her lovely, cottage-like home just one hundred meters away from the town. With a crack that scared the cats out of bins, she apparated ...

Right onto another person. "Oof!" said Bana as she flopped onto the man's chest. Seconds later, her bags came cascading around the two shocked people and clattered noisily onto the pavement. Bana simply stared at the man, almost nose to nose. "Ah ..." Oh bugger, what was she going to do? Quick, apologise! No, don't say anything, you'll mess it up. Apologise somehow! Panicking, Banafrit did one of the stupidest things one could do at a time like this. "Sorry!" she squeaked. She leaned in to peck him on the lips, got to her feet in a dash, swiped up her bags and ran. Absolutely. Mortifying. In fact, she would have felt a lot worse if she'd known exactly what her trunk had left behind. As the poor woman ran as fast as her legs could carry her, there drifted a very lacy pink bra to rest on top of Tyrone's head, perfectly labeled and marked for travel.

Boredom. Tyrone traced patterns in to his pale arms with his fingernails as he absently looked at nothing. He sure didn't want to see Evangeline. Adrian wasn't leaving the house. Niko...Apollo was staying far away from them (or else...). Emma...Emmanuelle, rather, was at school, and she was probably the only one of them he really wanted to see. He saw Adrian every day, anyway. His little girl, Emma...he wanted to get to know her better. He wanted to be the father she always deserved to have. But it was so hard, when she was under the thumb of her mother, and living all the way over in France. The girl barely spoke English. Well, she could speak it, but it was difficult for her. Tyrone spoke no French, and he was settled in New Zealand, but he wasn't sure it would be a good idea to bring his daughter all the way over to the other side of the world. She was at Beauxbatons, living in France...that was where she was settled. He'd have to think about it more. It wasn't as though he had much else to worry about.

Sighing, Tyrone stuffed his hands in his pockets, looking up at the sky when all of a sudden... "What the..." Some idiot had apparated right on to him! He looked at the person, ready to give them a piece of his mind, but he was quite surprised to see quite a pretty young woman, who...kissed him? Tyrone was rather confused. This didn't usually happen. Okay, it had never happened before. He met Evangeline in auspicious circumstances, true, but nothing like this. He wasn't exactly complaining, though. It wasn't every day a pretty young thing was on top of you, after all. The girl, however, was completely (and understandably) mortified, and sprinted off quite quickly. But when Tyrone scratched his head to reveal the pink lacy undergarment, he knew he had to follow her. "Hey, wait!" he exclaimed, tearing off after her. "I've...I've got something of yours here!" Quite a sexy bra, too...no, now wasn't the time to think about that. He simply had to be good and return the lady's property to her, after all.

Banafrit squeaked as she realised that she was being followed. Oh no, she'd probably kissed a creep and now he wanted more! She would have run faster if he hadn't called out and she skidded to a halt just as Tyrone caught up to her. The resulting prang was not quite as catastrophic as the first, but no less humiliating. She managed to catch his shoulders before they fell into a heap once more. If her bags dropped again they would burst at the seams; scattering a lot more items more incriminating than a lacy pink bra. That was her best one, too! Instead she steadied them both on wobbly feet and let go of his as fast as possible. No doubt he'd like nothing less than to touch her again, especially after what she'd so rudely done. Oh, I'm such a dunderhead! moaned Bana inwardly, giving him a terrified look as she raised her eyes to his face. Well, he didn't look like a creep to her. So what did he have of hers - ? Oh. She stared down at the rumpled pink bra squished between them. Bana snorted, then covered her mouth as she burst into giggles. Maybe it was just the shock doing it, but suddenly the situation seemed utterly hilarious and she couldn't stop laughing for the life of her!

The blonde haired model giggled for quite some time before she managed to control herself long enough to whip the bra from his hands. "I'm really, really sorry! I didn't mean to ..." Apparate onto you. "To, ah ..." Panic and kiss you instead of apologising properly. "And, um ..." Dropping a bra onto your face. Bana's face rumpled up in an effort to not laugh again. "I'm Bana, but you probably new that from the bra," she managed. "So ... so is there anything I can do ... besides what I did, to make it up to you?" she asked amiably, finally looking up at him again. Ooh, he was a cute one. Even worse! She hoped that he wouldn't ask for monetary compensation. She might have an abundance of underwear, but she was also skint broke.

It was like the woman couldn't keep her hands off him. Again, he didn't mind in the slightest, but he was sure it wasn't exactly appropriate behaviour for public. He didn't even know the woman, either! She was pretty, sure, but Tyrone liked to get to know a woman first before getting too close. Evangeline had taught him that lesson. 'Course, he'd been essentially single for a long time, but he had his principles. This woman...she seemed like an interesting sort. And her laughter was pretty infectious, for as she began to giggle, so too did Tyrone chuckle to himself.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Bana," Tyrone stated, honestly, smiling back at her in an amused manner. "I'm Tyrone. And...well..." he paused for a moment. Seize the opportunity to meet someone new and allieviate his boredom? He certainly thought now was the time to do so. "I'd rather appreciate it if you allowed me to take you for a coffee, or something stronger if you'd prefer. That is, if you want. My shout." His grin became a little broader at this, silently willing her to say yes. She'd certainly done a good job of intriguing him, and now he wanted to know more about this bizarre beauty.

A coffee? Banafrit immediately went to decline politely, but Tyrone added that it was his shout. On the one hand, free coffee. On the other ... incredible, mind-wrenching guilt! So much for her giving him money. So he wanted to take her out for coffee, and though there was nothing more that Bana loathed more than other people spending money on her, if that's what he wanted to do in order to feel gratified then she'd certainly not say know. Well, this 'Tyrone' man laughed when she laughed, so he must have some sort of sense of humour. At least he wasn't yelling at her and striking her down with all his terrible wizard powers (which ironically is what she possessed herself but almost never used). Perhaps maybe ... maybe just an hour. "Well. If that's what you'd like then I'd be happy to oblige," said Bana meekly with a small, apologetic smile. "If you'll just let me put my bags away, I'll be just a moment!" she said as she cheered up again. Without allowing time for protest, Bana apparated away and reappeared moments later, bag-less and loose bra-less. In the thirty seconds that she'd been gone, she'd said hello to her stunned mother, run upstairs to throw her bags into her room fixed a nice ribbon into her hair, thrown the pink bra into her chest of drawers and apparated back.

She refused to let her nerves show at accompanying a complete stranger but figured she could handle herself if he did turn out to be a creep. Besides, he had the cutest smile and the sort of voice that made her want to give him a hug. It sounded almost ... lonely, to her. "Where did you have in mind?" she asked him. "I'm not fond of alcohol, but a nice sundae sounds lovely."

Maybe he'd come on a little too strong. Tyrone shrugged it off, though. Heck, he was late 30s, divorced (after a very unsuccessful, six-or-so-month marriage), father to a daughter he barely knew...frankly, he didn't have much to lose. He knew he was getting on a bit, so really, it was the perfect time to take chances. To go crazy. So this girl had landed on top of him and nearly scared the living daylights out of him. At least it was an opportunity to meet someone new. He hoped she wasn't too put off by him asking her to join him for a coffee or something. Tyrone just wanted to talk to someone, have friendly banter. Adrian was like a wall sometimes, when he did speak it was only in quiet half-sentances. Tyrone had always spoken on Adrian's behalf, after all.

He blinked, and she was gone. Though she had say she would be right back, and Tyrone was perhaps a little too willing to trust complete strangers. Still, she seemed like a reasonable sort. A little skittish, perhaps, but very sweet and very pretty. And pretty girls didn't lie, right? Well, there was Evangeline...Tyrone shook his head. She wasn't worth thinking about. His Emma, on the other hand, was just as pretty as her mother without any of the same behaviour. So there was hope after all. "Sounds great to me," Tyrone said, cheerfully, before offering the girl her arm. "There's an icecream place just down the road, if that appeals to you?" Tyrone provided himself on behaving like a perfect gentleman. For someone who hadn't even been raised in a stable family environment (his parents buggered off soon after Adrian was born), he thought he did a pretty good job of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back