I Do Not Even Know Your Name

Archie Villiers

OOC First Name
Lauren
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Flexible Walnut Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
It was a strange change for Archie to be outdoors by his own accord, he definitely preferred the indoors for some reason. He heard that change could be good though, people said that, he was sure that was a thing people said. He found a bench that he could sit on while he passed the time between classes. He found himself thinking about the Yule Ball and how enjoyable it was, he sent an owl home the next day detailing the night's events. He recalled meeting a young girl, probably his age, who seemed rather awkward. She intrigued Archie and he wanted to find out more about her, but unfortunately before he could the ball was over and he hadn't seen the girl since. He didn't even get her name which was most unusual because that was normally the first thing Archie asked in a conversation. But he conveniently left that event out of the letter he sent home, he wasn't sure why but he decided that his parents didn't need to know about it.

He closed his eyes and he took in his surroundings, the crisp air, the breeze that billowed through his robes, the sounds of owls hooting as they entered and exited the Owlery. He felt incredibly privileged to be at Hogwarts, what an extraordinary opportunity he found himself engaged in.

Xiochtle was sick of the indoors but doesn't like the noise of the outdoors. Every time she goes out the castle its either shes gonna be disturbed in her 'secret places' or she's gonna be irritated with different things and find herself going back to the castle. But then again its better to roam around than being bored.

She found herself at the courtyard. With pieces of parchment, she decided to find herself a new personal space. Xio started searching, her dark brown hair swept away by the wind causing it to hide her face and unfortunately the stupid wind also swept up her parchments. "Come back here!" she yelled at the flowing parchment as if it gonna listen to her. Without a choice she chased the flying parchments. "I know I shouldnt had wear this robe." constantly tripping over it.

It was the last parchment, the one where she actually sketched something she liked. And finally, she saw it land near 'something' ,she didnt care and sprinted towards it before it flew away again but her robe started to tease her again. It was just a couple of steps away but she tripped over her robe and literally rolled to the grass.Her appearance is probably a wreck however the only thing that she's thankful about is that she stopped near her sketch. "Paper!" she shouted victoriously while raising the parchment up like it was some trophy. Before she realized it, she was looking to a boy with a face of bewilderment. It wasn't a 'something, it was a 'someone'. Biscuits!

The peace was soon disturbed when Archie heard a huge commotion behind him, it sounded like a girl was in a bit of trouble. He thought he recognised the voice but he put it out of his mind, he was probably just imagining it anyway. A few sheets of paper flew past him and something caught his eye, something like sketches. He bent down to pick the papers up when a girl beat him to it, the owner of the sketches probably. He came face to face with a girl with long dark hair. It was familiar to Archie, then it clicked, it was the girl he spoke to at the Yule Ball. The one who he felt like he was bothering, she didn't seem like she wanted to talk to him anyway. But maybe this time would be different. "Er.. Hi" Archie said "Do you remember me?" he asked her as he helped her up off the floor.

The boy with a hair of gold, at least she thought it was, talked to her. "Er.. Hi. Do you remember me?" the boy said while trying to help her up but she managed to stand alone. In addition to Xio's awkward social skills was her inability to recognize people easily and her she was now, hiding in her dark locks of hair trying to remember who this kid was. Was he a seatmate? A friend perhaps? Well, she had no idea.

She inhaled deeply "I'm sorry but I don't." she replied in a disappointed tone. She was indeed disappointed at herself. She tried to look at the boy again between her natural curls so that the boy wouldn't notice that she's staring at him.She noticed again his blond hair, which seems to shine whenever the sun hits it. And he tried to help her up. So basically he's a Good Blondie she tried to recall images of different "good blondies' in her mind and then it struck her!

"CUPCAKES!" she said remembering it was the boy at the Ball...Xio then realized that 'Yule Ball' was a more appropriate response that what she had just said.

The girl seemed to hide behind her long dark hair, he hardly saw her face as she spoke. Unfortunately, she didn't seem to remember Archie from the Yule Ball, but that was okay he decided. A fresh start, getting to know her would maybe be better? Both parties seemed to be disappointed in the lack of recall from the young Ravenclaw girl. However, she suddenly exclaimed "cupcakes" which confused Archie until he made the connection with the Yule Ball. When she knocked over the plate of cupcakes, causing them to clatter to the ground. Archie wondered if she made a habit of being clumsy, it seemed that it was one of her personality traits, and it was actually quite endearing.

He laughed at her exclamation and nodded "Cupcakes, yeah". He sat back down on the bench he vacated earlier. "Would you like to join me?" he asked her. Company was always welcome, whether she wanted it was a different thing however.

Even though Xio herself thought that wasn't the smartest response she was still relieved when the guy understood. She thought that there's still hope for her. The guy laughed at her which caused Xio to be a little embarrassed but she didn't let it show. "Would you like to join me?" he asked her.She was actually surprised when the boy asked her that. 'After all those antics?' But if she wants to have friends she needs to take measures.

"S-sure" she sat beside him. Stiff as ever. Face still covered in her hair. And her palms so sweaty that some of the parchments got wet. The problem is she doesn't know how to make freakin conversation! 'I have to try, right?' so without thinking much she blurted out. "Do you like quills?" She could literally bury herself.

Well, at least the girl decided to sit next to Archie, that was a start right? She didn't seem too sure about it but he felt like that was just her personality again. He felt her body stiffen up beside him so he moved away a little more to give her some space. If Archie understood anything it was personal space, and giving people the chance to open up, not to force them. He tried to change his body language, trying to cultivate an air of openness to try and make her feel less nervous?

He tried to stifle a snigger, he didn't want to embarrass the girl. He quite liked her in fact and he didn't want to alienate her so he answered her question. "Erm... yes?" he raised an eyebrow "do you?" he decided he would try and spark a conversation so he expanded on his answer "I mean, they're harder to write with than normal pens. But once you get used to them they're okay."

She was surprised when the boy answered her stupid question. Really, he answered that? she noticed that the boy was very understanding. A Hufflepuff, perhaps? She just hoped he wasn't a Gryffindor. She hates their guts and all. Aside from that she went back at the response of the guy. Xio realized that she had been a 'jerk' for the whole time. She may be slow at realizing but she gets by and makes up for it. The boy was trying his best to make a conversation he even answered all her stupid questions. I think I need to step up my game.

She took a deep breath and tried to relax herself. As she steadied her breathing she noticed the beautiful scenery before them. She gathered her courage and said “Yeah, you’re r-right. It is kinda hard at first but once you get used to it, it’s even better than most of the pens, I guess.” Even though she stammered a little, she was proud of herself however she’s got to do more. “So, uhmmm, What, what are you doing here?” she tried.

OOCOut of Character:
So sorry this is late!

Archie was pleased that she seemed to loosen up as the conversation progressed he didn't want her to feel uncomfortable after all. He was pleased that she was making an effort in the conversation, he didn't feel like he was intruding with her so much anymore. "Exactly" he said smiling at the girl, trying to find her face under her hair. "I wasn't particularly used to using a quill. My father only uses them for special occasions and important documents so I wasn't allowed to use them" he explained. Archie shrugged at her question "not sure exactly..." he said honestly. "I suppose I fancied a bit of fresh air. I don't really go outside that much. I prefer to be inside and in the Slytherin common room is best" he admitted to the girl. "What about you? What are you doing out here?" he asked her in return out of curiosity.

The boy was rather 'talkative' in a good way of course. Xio just thanked Merlin for not having a companion who has the same personality as her or else it was an endless, awkward staring and waiting which would be awful Xio also found out that instead of being a Hufflepuff- her prediction, the boy turned out to be a Slytherin. Another snake? a girl popped into her mind but tried to sway the thought away.

"What about you? What are you doing out here?" the boy asked. What am I doing here again? she asked herself. Her brain is weak in this kind of situations you know. Luck for her, she spotted the parchments on her hands. "Sketches.That's right, I'm here because of sketches." she replied shortly. She then debated whether to show some of her work to the boy but then she decided not to. she doesn't want to embarrass her self again trying to show her stupid artworks. Also, maybe the boy might think that she needs approval to her work...or something. I know I overthink things, again.

OOCOut of Character:
Don't worry. So is mine. :D

Archie smiled at the girl when she answered his question, he looked down to the parchment in her hands. "I draw aswell you know!" he said to the girl, she looked nervous about mentioning her sketches. "I'd let you look at them but unfortunately I do not have them with me at the moment" he said sadly. Maybe she wouldn't have felt so awkward if he had his own drawings to show her. "Maybe I could show you them some other time?" he suggested. Wondering if the girl would actually like to do that. She seemed to like her own company, maybe even more than Archie did. He didn't want to push her to do anything she didn't want to do. "What do you like to sketch?" he asked.

The cheery atmosphere the boy gave was combated by Xio's negative aura. The boy always smiles and keeps the conversation going while she just hide herself in her stupid hair, being awkward and all, all walls up. She was really disappointed at herself.

The little snake told her that he draw as well. Xio became hyped with this statement of course. He even told her that he would like to show her his sketches if only he had bring them. Many possibilities were running through Lief's mind. There was a thought where she and this guy exchange sketches and tell their opinions about it. It may not be as fun but it will do, she guessed.

"What do you like to sketch?"

She then looked down at the most important parchment- the one she ran for and smirked at the memories it brought. She handed the parchment to the guy unknowingly and said "It's Charlotte, someone I know." she's not that brave to call her a friend since 'that incident' and the guy might actually recognize the girl from the sketch since she's a snake after all.

Some people find it hard to open up and be friendly with everyone and nobody knew that more than Archie. It often took him a lot of time to feel comfortable around people and usually he wouldn't be this inviting or put in this much effort. But this girl intrigued him, he felt like it was worth trying to get to know her and trying to get her to trust him, he very much wanted to be her friend.

Archie was actually surprised that the girl showed him her drawing, she didn't seem like she was going to at first but Archie was happy that she changed her mind. He smiled at the girl and then looked over the drawing, he thought he recognised the girl that she had drew. He was sure that he had seen her in the Slytherin common room, although he hadn't actually spoke to her before. Archie handed the piece of parchment back. "Thank you for letting me look at it. It's a very good drawing, you have incredible skill" he said complimenting the raven haired girl.

Most of the time, when people compliments Xio for something she was never really that convince or happy or something.However, when this dude told her that she has a great skill she cant help but feel...okay? She doesn't even have the exact words to describe it but she did feel something. And it was good and refreshing.

Xio remembered that the guy told her that he had the same interest which also intrigued her a bit. "Uhmmm, s-so... What do you usually draw?" she managed to asked the boy. Well she gave some information about herself, the boy should give something in return, right? Wait, this is how it works, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back