I caved

Alexa Rodriguez

Daily Prophet Reporter | HS Slytherin

OOC First Name
Dan
Alexa had given up. Her best friend had been nagging her for years to join her in New Zealand and she had always brushed off the idea because she was so comfortable in London, she just couldn't imagine moving. Times had changed though and the reality soon set in that she missed her best friend. Life at home wasn't the same without her and it took her longer than she thought to come to that realisation. Finally, the reporter decided to take up Honoria on her offer and moved to New Zealand, leaving behind her job and her tiny circle of close friends.

Thanks to her workaholic nature and lackluster social life when Honoria wasn't in town Alexa had enough savings to get herself a modest apartment in New Zealand and would be able to maintain it while she sorted out the job front. She had only been in New Zealand a day when Honoria announced she was coming over, she knew where that ended, Honoria was never one to tolerate Alexa's low key social life. The former Slytherin had finished unpacking yet another box when she heard a knock at the door. She dropped everything in her arms and ran over to the door before stopping to gain her composure before she opened the door to greet her best friend. "NORA!"

The day that Honoria had been wishing (and begging) for had finally arrived and she couldn't quite believe it. Her best friend, here, in New Zealand, finally! It had only been a couple of years since Honoria had moved half way across the world to be with her cousins and she had spent the best part of those couple of years trying to convince her best friend to move with her. She had successfully brought her sister to New Zealand and now Alexa was coming too!

She had risen early to get ready, she wanted to make the most effort for her best friend, she hadn't seen her for a few months so their reunion was really important to her. Alexa had sent her the address to her new apartment and Honoria set off as soon as she could. It wasn't long before she had reached the street where her best friend was now living, she walked up the path and knocked on the door. She took a deep breath and waited for her best friend to answer. Almost immediately the door swung open to reveal Alexa behind it, Honoria grinned and wrapped her into a hug. "Oh Alexa! It's so good to see you!" she said.

Alexa's heart began to race from excitement when she heard the knock at the door. It had been so long since she had seen her best friend and she couldn't wait to hear all about her life in New Zealand. She bolted over to the door and as soon as the door opened she was engulfed in a hug by Honoria and Alexa eagerly returned the hug. "Nora I have missed you," Alexa said when she finally pulled away and closed her apartment door after bringing Honoria inside. "Tell me everything, how are the kids? Alexa still couldn't believe that Nora had kids, she was so young but then she knew how her best friend could be when it came to men so it had been bound to happen sooner or later. "Sit, sit,
can I get you a drink?"

Honoria laughed !I've missed you so much too!" she replied, squeezing her best friend tightly. She stepped through the door way and walked forward into the kitchen as Alexa closed the door. "The kids are okay thanks. I'm getting loads of help with them which is great. Between working and looking after them there's barely time for anything else" she smirked, knowing full well that Alexa would understand what she meant. "I'm dying for a night out. I need to take you to the good bars around here. I'll get Hortensia to come with us too!" she suggested, her eyes sparkling. "I bet you haven't been out in ages have you?" she asked her best friend, knowing full well that she would have been working the whole time Honoria had been gone. "Ooh, I would love one! Please tell me you have wine!" she said as she sate down on one of the chairs and placed her bag on the counter.

Alexa smiled and brushed some hair out of her friends face as they parted from their hug. She loved hearing about Nora's kids though she still couldn't quite believe she has as many as she did given they were the same age. "Don't you think you've had enough of that for a while?" She laughed giving her a friend a sarcastically judgey stare. Honoria had always known to have fun and of the two of them she had been the first to discover boys and ever since she had been on Alexa to have more fun. It was easier said than done for the workaholic. "You would be right, you know I only had a social life in London when you were there," Alexa looked at her best friend remembering all the times she had dragged her out to some club, magical or not. It was the only thing she hadn't missed since her friend relocated to New Zealand and she knew it was what she would be in for. "I was hoping that three kids would have slowed you down but clearly not, you'll have to take me out and show me the local hotspots," Alexa was surprised by her friends declaration about wine and doubled checked the time on her watch to make sure she hadn't blanked the entire day. "Nora its ten am what's the matter with you?"

Honoria narrowed her eyes at her best friend and giggled "listen, we both know there's no such thing as too much" she retorted, winking at her. She sighed at her best friend "I knew leaving you behind was a mistake. You never make time for fun, or a break! But you're not going to get away with it this time!" she said patting Alexis on the arm. She beamed when Alexis agreed to go out with her and Hortensia on the town "oooh this is going to be so good. I'll get in contact with Hortensia and we'll arrange it as soon as possible! When do you start your new job? That can be our excuse for going out!" she suggested, hoping that Alexis would be more up for it because it would be a celebration rather than just a random night out. She blinked when Alexis mentioned the time "Really? Is that all it is? Gosh. Having kids really messes up your perception of time. I'll just have a coffee then" she said absentmindedly.

Alexa laughed when Nora said there was no such thing as too much. She knew her friend well and she knew she would get a similar response to the one she got. The woman was insatiable and she knew it wouldn't take long for her to zero in on her lack of a social life. "Well I wish you hadn't left me behind, but I'm here now and we have a lot of time to make up for," She said. As much as she didn't like to party all that much she was rather looking forward to a night out with Honoria and her sister. It had been a long time since she had been on a night out and it would be good for her to cut lose before she lost herself in a new job. "I actually haven't sorted out a job yet but I am working on it, so we can do it whenever," Alexa was glad when Honoria changed her drink request to coffee, perhaps she was just a little sleep deprived and got her time mixed up. Though she wouldn't put it past her friend to start drinking so early. "Tell me Nora, has any guy managed to make it to date number two recently?" She asked as she brought her a coffee.

Honoria walked over to her best friend and pulled her into another hug "I am sorry about leaving you behind Lex" she whispered to her friend "I had to go..." she mumbled while holding her best friend for a little while longer before returning to her seat. "Oh okay! I'm sure you'll find something in no time! I don't think I ever remember you without a job!" she laughed knowing that Alexis would definitely get something pretty much straight away. Honoria took a sip of her coffee as soon as it was placed in front of her "erm..." she began, thinking about the question. Had anyone? "Not really, I just get a bit bored after the first one. It's not as fun anymore. Although..." she paused as she put down her mug "there's this one guy, at work, he's called Adam and we first met at Speed Dating... Don't look at me like that!" she warned her best friend "He's nice... a little older but I just can't seem to shake him. He challenges me which none of the others really have..." she replied, trailing off thinking of him. She really did like him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back