I Can't Run Anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandalyn Love

OOC First Name
Cole
Sexual Orientation
Dextersexual
Graduation was over, it was time for Mandalyn to see her family - sort of. She had only been allowed two guests, and thus told Rosie that he could bring Kimber, since as it stood Dexter was ill. She wished the man could be with her, this was such a joyous day for her. She was done with school, and now her concentration was to focus on finding her mom. She thought she'd gotten close at some point, rumors from bars around the area, from people who think that he may have known her, seen her; not that she had a lot to go off of other than a first name really. She wasn't even sure if her mother still used her father's last name.

The blonde bobbed through the town and found Rosie. From behind in her robes she took a leap, wrapping her arms around his shoulders. "Rosie!" She said with a grin. "I've missed you so! there are things we have got to talk about! i wish you could meet Dexter!" She laughed, hanging to him for dear life like a teddy bear. She couldn't believe that at least he was here. "Where is Kimberlyn?"

Rosario did not like the job he had to do today. The young man had never actually been to a magical school before - he had been trained in magic by his grandfather like his brothers before him. It was a huge place, with many people, and he wanted nothing more than to leave and return to Kimberlyn and Clemente, but he knew that he had to be here to speak with Mandalyn. He would have sent Clemente in his place - if his greatest friend knew about magic, that was. He was much better in crowds and talking to people than Rosario was - and much, much better at breaking bad news. Mandalyn's mother was dead, and her father was here to see her. The Italian felt that he was in some way betraying his foreign friend, but he had done everything he promised. He found her mother and would make sure Mandalyn got to see her resting place should she chose to. He took her everywhere she needed to go, and now their little adventure was coming to a close. Kimberlyn had assured him that this was the right thing to do - naturally, Clemente assured him that it would be better to ship Mister Love to the other side of the planet and they all move to a nice place in Australia and live out their days there. Rosario felt that Mandalyn needed the truth, and it was her choice if she reunited with her father beyond this day, or simply left him behind and they would help her with anything she would need.

"Mandalyn!" he called as the crowds began moving, his hand raised. He felt very proud of her, to have graduated and now be a fully qualified witch - he was sure that she was about as excited as he had been on his 17th birthday when he was classified as an adult, and allowed to actually leave and move around on his own. Be independent. He turned to look back in the direction of her father, checking that he was where he had left him, and grinned when he felt Mandalyn's arms around his shoulders. He released himself, and turned around. "Manny! Congratulations on finally graduating!" His smile faltered slightly at the mention of Kimberlyn - whom he should have brought. "Kimber's with Cleme, he's in one of his complaining moods. Says he has to tell us something important when we're all together again." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "Come with me, Manny, I need you to see someone." He placed his hand respectfully on her back, and began guiding her towards her father.
<i></i>

Alexander stood with twisting fingers, nervous as he could be without throwing up. Around his neck was a cross necklace, gold that his father had given him. His hair was smoothed as far back as it could go, and he was sure that he looked like an out of place mess. Some girls looked at him, standing alone in the back of the room, facing away from the graduates. He had seen his daughter, it took everything for him not to jump up and say her name - to call her in for a hug. Tears were in his eyes, when finally he was approached. He could hear the Italian's voice - the man whom had helped his daughter run away. His fist clenched slightly, however his anger had been let out when the man first contacted him. His daughter was with him, giggling, asking whom he had brought as a surprise. Alexander turned on his heel. "Lyn..." He spoke in a near whisper, turning to see his daughter's face up close for the first time in a long time.

Mandalyn closed her eyes slightly, grinning. "You have a surprise. I bet I know what it is!" She said with another giggle. She'd almost expected that Rosie would find her mother, and bring her to graduation, like she'd been dreaming about. She then opened her eyes at the sound of a male voice. Blue orbs settled on familiar features, a father with hair that held more grey strands than before, that had more aged eyes. She nearly stopped breathing, and rather than speaking as she should have, Mandalyn turned on her heels, tears in her eyes. This had quickly gone from best to worst day - after all how could Rosario bring her father at a time like this?

Alexander reached a hand out, though retracted it. Instead the Italian man placed on even firmer hand on her, holding her in place. "Mandalyn, please don't run away right now." He stepped closer, but kept a fair distance. "I've been looking for you for three years. You've grown up a lot." He muttered, looking around the room awkwardly, his large brown eyes spanning the other graduates. "I'm sorry I never told you about your mom..." He muttered with resolution. "We need to sit down and talk though, please. After this if you want to be on your own i can't stop you." Alexander propositioned his daughter, she was hard headed like he was. When he wanted to know something he fought for it, just as she did right now.

Rosario allowed the father and daughter to talk for a while, and went about on his own, congratulating students when it seemed appropriate and engaging in small talk with some guests. He felt a little odd, standing around whilst they had their family moment, and only returned when summoned after Mister Love had finished. He stood between them, and looked at Mandalyn sympathetically. He too had lost a mother, and remembered rather clearly how he had felt. Mandalyn was just learning all of this from an estranged parent. He doubted it would be easy. "Are you okay?" he asked, frowning slightly. "Are you going to come back with us - to Cleme and Kimber?"
<i></i>

Mandalyn sat in her chair, the crowd was no where near where her father and Rosie had taken her to talk about her mother. Her father started by telling her the truth, that he'd taken her from her mom - that her mom was a thief and nothing but trouble. The conversation went on for hours, with Rosie sitting next her her, and offering looks of respect and worry, hoping that the woman could handle the very last part of it. The words her father spoke next were what truly caught her off guard, and nailed her coffin of surprise and depression.

"Mandalyn, your mother is dead."

The blonde sat in her chair, shock evident on her face. She was silent, the world around her disappearing. She would never know her mother, if she had her nose or her eyes. She wouldn't know if her mother sang, or danced, or was tall and thin - or short and cute. She'd never seen a picture, or heard her voice. Did it crack when she cried? Would she approve of Dexter. Tears rolled down Mandalyn's stoic face as she sat, staring through her father. "I'm fine." she stood, wobbling slightly on her heels. The blonde looked around the graduation, and faces became a blur, as if there was nothing around her but the memories of a mother she'd never have. "I need Dexter." She said, and left, without another word to either of them, Alexander sitting in shock of the daughter he may have lost forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back