Adrian Maley

mortician • arithmancer
OOC First Name
Lovi
Blood Status
Half Blood
Wand
Curved 13 Inch Whippy Vine Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Adrian Maley locked up her the Shadow Tavern, and she was on her way to Makutu Mall. She was meeting up with someone tonight. Patrick had told her to dress nicely, and she almost slapped him across the face. Had she dressed ugly the other times that they had met up? The woman was already tired of this man, but she was holding on to him for a bit longer. She told herself the same thing every day now. Adrian was having a difficult time saying no to Patrick. He was the only person in her life, so she did not really have a choice. She walked the alley with a bottle of milk in her hands. Patrick constantly told her that drinking too much milk would give her constipation, but Adrian she hardly ever listened to Patrick when it came to what she consumed. She did not care that she looked immature walking down a dark alley with milk. It was her confidence that stopped anyone from saying anything about it. Underneath all her confidence was a lonely girl. It was nearly impossible for her to make friends or acquaintances. She did not see that all people weren't a menace like Patrick. There were so many unresolved problems within her, and she did not know how to make them all go away.

The months had ticked by so quickly that Isabel barely had time to count them. All she knew was that she was enjoying her time in New Zealand so far and she had no immediate plans to jet off anywhere else any time soon. Thanks to her side gig at the Leaky Cauldron and some other odd jobs around the area, she was able to upgrade to a single room at the hostel. Her housing situation was not ideal, but it was definitely a step up from bunking with random hags. What the witch really needed was a roommate,or at least someone who was willing to rent out a spare room. Earlier in the day Isa had met an older wizard who mentioned another part of the harbour that she hadn't gotten the chance to explore yet. He said that she could find more shops and taverns for magical folks who have a more "acquired taste", whatever in the hell that meant. Isabel didn't care. He had her at shopping and drinking and if she was lucky, she could flirt her way into a few free drinks from the shifty old wizard and then find someone more attractive to spend the evening with.

As soon as Isabel finished sweeping up the floors and left Jennette to lock up shop, she shook her hair free from the loose knot that she had tied at the nape of her neck and sauntered out the door and around the corner to Bleak Street. The first thing she noticed was the lack of lighting. The sun had just fully set and night was beginning to creep in. Isa didn't think much of it since it seemed like was supposed to be off the beaten path. Dive bars are nice, she could dig that. Then she started to notice of the shady characters lurking about and the shrunken heads in some of the shop windows. "Acquired taste my ass" she mumbled to herself as past a group of unsavory looking wizards. Isabel could feel their eyes on her as continued up the street and a slight panic began to take hold. What if they are pack of werewolves? I am going to die! I am to young to die. God I haven't even lived yet! Isabel knew she had to do something and fast.

Isabel spotted a witch that appeared to be around her age locking up tavern up a head. She was carrying milk. There was nothing sinister about a bottle of milk. Keeping her pace as even as she could, she walked purposely toward the other young woman holding and greeted her warmly. "Hey...Hi there. Good to see you!" she exclaimed as drew the other girl into a tight hug. "Act like you know me...I seemed to have lost my way and I am kind of scared that one of those wizards over there is going to eat my face." she added in a rushed whisper to her new found friend and out of sight of the creepers. "How have you been girl?" Releasing her hug captive, she beamed at her expectantly. Isa knew that she probably seemed like a crazy person, but hopefully the bar keep would have some sympathy on her and play along.

Adrian would have loved to be able to get out of this dinner with Patrick, but she had no other valid excuse other than the fact that she could not stand seeing his face anymore. He was easily angered by petty things, and she loved pushing his buttons and making him angry. She had given up trying to be in control, but she was not broken by him. He had a twisted view on a woman's role in society. She would love to torture him to think otherwise. It was quite late, so Adrian was on her guard. There were crazy people on this side of town, and it was not rare when someone tried to put their hands on her. She saw another woman walking her way. Adrian did not think much of her until she tackled her with a hug. What the hell? She made a look of confusion and disgust. What did it matter to her if this woman was hurt. If she was, then she was ill prepared. Adrian had not time to deal with people that did not know how to properly utilize their magic. As soon as she was let go, Adrian shot the woman a cold and furious glare. The woman's bright smile made her scoff. Valen did not have anything to say to the girl. She gave her one quick look over, and Adrian stepped around her and continued to walk. Strange people really did walk these parts. Adrian had not walked far when she stopped and realized that the other woman was useful. She could avoid seeing Patrick if she helped that woman out. Adrian sighed and turned to the other woman. "Aren't you coming?"

Isabel continued smile despite the other witch's negative reaction. But man, if looks could kill Isa wouldn't have to worry about those creepy men on the corner. She would be died right here right now, sprawled out on the middle of Bleak Street. A hug wasn't the worst thing in the world to be assaulted with and besides her intrusive behavior, the twenty year old didn't particularly look deranged. In fact, in her standard uniform of dark jeans, knee high boots, white tank top and bomber jacket, she looked rather unassuming compared to what she would have been dressed in if this was a really night out. But, that never stopped the uneasiness she felt on full moons in strange places. As much as she enjoyed traveling on her own, that was the one fear that she couldn't shake. A main street with tourist and common magical folk on a full moon...she could handle herself fine. A dodgy alley that was obviously a haven for dark magic on a full moon...not so much. For Isa, her defense mechanisms weren't just limited to fight or flight. She found that sleight of hand could also be a helpful tool when she found herself in a bind and in this particular case, Isabel felt that her that totally justified misdirection of pretending that this girl was her friend would make her safer in this dark alley.

Isabel was a put off when the barmaid dismissed and walked around her. Wrinkling her forehead in confusion, she was at a total a loss of what she should do next. It hadn't crossed her mind that the witch could possibly say no and honestly she really hadn't thought her plan through that far. Thinking things through wasn't ever her strong suit. Her plan had been a dead end and once again she was going to be stuck out there alone. She was weighting her opinions between following behind the witch like a lost puppy or just trying her luck at find an alternate route out when a voice snapped her back to reality. "Yeah!" she said running up to join her new companion. "Not a fan of hugs huh?" she joked, her smile slid back into place. The pair walked along in silence for a few paces before she dared to speak again. Once they were out of earshot of any ominous strangers. "Thanks again. I know you didn't have to stop, but I am glad you did." she said with a small apologetic laugh.

The woman was lucky that she did not spill Adrian's milk. That would have made her very angry. She was judged by many because of her love for the drink, and she did not mind. It made her feel less angry. Soon, the woman was at her side again. This was the perfect excuse. Now, she did not have to see Patrick. She felt relief at the thought of how angry he would be. She was sure that he would get over it. The CEO was not a total loser. Adrian was just waiting for the right moment to take him down. It was horrible that sleeping with the man had to be her way inside, but it did not bother her as much as she thought it would at the beginning of the relationship. "It would be in your favor to not touch me at all." she answered simply. The woman was quiet, and she was not as bad as Adrian thought. Most humans irritated the living hell out of her. Adrian looked strangely at the girl. She was thanking her? She was confused. She was only using this girl to get out of prior engagements. "Whatever. There was just somewhere I did not want to go." she said in her regular monotone voice. It was a strange experience for her. She decided to put it aside. She was not curious about how the woman got so lost. She was very indifferent, which kept many people away from her.

Touchy. Isabel raised up her open hands with her palms facing outward indicating she didn't mean any harm. It seemed like her walking buddy was of the serious sort. Had she even smiled at all during the time they had been together? Isa didn't notice any expression change. The other woman's face had been frozen in a perma-frown since she had left that bar. She must really hate her job. The milk jug in the her hand proved that she must have some sense of humor or at least didn't take herself too seriously. A woman her age walking around with a bottle of milk in a dark alley. Ha. Unless it was spiked with steroids or something it probably wouldn't help her much if she was jumped by somebody on Bleak Street. Maybe she could throw it at them and hope they are lactose intolerant? "No touching. Got it." Isa replied lowering her hands. "Besides with your strong bones, you could probably take me in fight." she joked pointing at her drink. "I'm Isabel by the way. Did I already say that?" The wandering witch hadn't made very many friends since arriving in the New Zealand and she wasn't about to pass up the opportunity of gaining a new one. Even an unreasonably grumpy friend was better than none at all. Isabel nodded in understanding when the other witch said she was only using her to get out of something. It wasn't a job that had her in such a fuss it was man. With the way she was dress, Isa could only guess that she was off to a date. "Ohhhh...trouble in paradise?" Isa had already intruded once and that had worked moderately well, so what did she have to lose by butting in again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back