I am, I'm too fabulous

Amara Austin

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Hazel Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Pixie Dust
The rather large antique grandfather clock that was situated within the hallway outside of Amara's bedroom sounded loudly with eleven deep rings. This caught the attention of the occupant living in the room near it. Amara opened the pearly white door and peeked her head out quickly to stare at the rusted clock with a frustrated glare to her eyes. 'One of these days you damned clock...one of these days.' Amara swore to herself that one of these days she would take a bat to that stupid clock. What was the necessity of sticking something that made noise every freaking hour of the day? There was none. Every single morning that damned clock woke her from beautiful dreams. The ones where she was buried in a room of sweets, or owned a library the size of France. Of course they were unrealistic, but that didn't mean the clock had to destroy her hopes and dreams. Amara would not let that clock live much longer. Even if it was bigger than she was and would likely crush her at any given moment once she decided to attack. Amara didn't care. 'My life is pathetic. The only drama I have in my life is between me and a stupid clock.' Amara rolled her eyes and closed the door. She needed to be up anyways. She had to make sure she was all packed for Valera's. Amara's parents were going to some art exhibit in Moscow Russia and didn't want to Amara to tag along this time. She figured they wanted some time to themselves. No matter how grotesque the thought was, she knew she owed them a few nights without her presence. Amara did have the option to stay with her brother, however, she refused to subject herself to that amount of torture. Her brother couldn't cook for one, and neither could she so they would likely either starve...or set the house on fire first. Both were very probable outcomes. So, Amara felt much safer staying with Valera for a week or so. They were pretty close friends from school anyways. It would be just like staying in the dorms. Amara opened her large closet door and carefully picked out something cute but to wear and some shoes. She still had to pack too. It was going to be a long couple of hours. That much was for sure.

Amara emerged from her room no less than a couple of hours later, a dark blue suitcase sitting in the doorway beside her. Amara pushed aside some of her silky smooth blonde hair and sighed. Even if she was just going to a friend's house, she had to make sure that she looked perfect. Even if that meant taking hours to get ready. Amara tiny hands gripped the handle of the suitcase as she tried to make her way down stairs. But the suitcase didn't budge a bit. Amara tried to pull it along with her, but it was too heavy. Amara knew she packed quite a bit. But for all she knew, she needed all of this. Amara huffed and shook her head before she got behind the suitcase and pushed it out of her room. It barely inched forward, but at least it moved somewhere. Amara didn't hesitate to give it another shove either. One way or another she was going to get the suitcase downstairs. By the time Amara actually got the suitcase close to the stairs she was out of breath. Amara didn't feel like unpacking some of the things she had packed away either. Amara leaned in to give the luggage another shove but the sound of a deep chuckle brought her to pause and turn her head around. Her older brother Oliver was the owner of the chuckle. He seemed to think that the situation in front of him was funny. Amara flipped him the bird before she went back to trying to get the suitcase downstairs. This only managed to make Oliver laugh even harder at her. "Need some help?" Oliver asked from behind her. Amara stopped pushing and shook her head. "No dude, I got it. Now go away." Amara muttered firmly. She wanted to do this by herself. She had had to do this by herself lest she look like a weakling in front of her stupid brother. Amara went to turn back to the suitcase but Oliver leaned forward and gave the suitcase a shove for her, which sent the heavy object hurdling down the stairs. Amara's mouth fell open. "B*tch." Amara hissed at him before she ran downstairs after her suitcase. When she returned from Valera's house he was going to be feeling her wrath. That was for sure. If there was one thing out there in the world that exceeded her beauty, it was Amara's creative mind. It came in useful for revenge.

After things were settled and a quick goodbye was given to her parents, Amara was apparated to Valera's house in Salem. Amara lived in New York so Apparating was about the only way she could get here other than using the floo network. Amara hated floo powder too. It was so dirty and smelly. It ruined clothing. In her opinion flooing was for poor people. Amara looked down at her suitcase and groaned. She should have asked Oliver to bring it up to the door for her. Now she was standing here in the street with a large suitcase looking as foolish as ever. Maybe she could ask Valera's brother for help? Or Valera herself? Amara tried to push the suitcase out of the street. That was the best she could do for now. Her skinny arms were sore with all the pushing. 'I think I have a problem.' Amara admitted to herself. She liked clothes too much. Sadly enough, there was a lot more in there than just clothes too. It was a wizarding suitcase but she still managed to pack it full. That was pure talent. Amara stood, trying to think of some brilliant way she would be able to get the damned thing inside the house.
<i></i>

There were so many things, so many variables that could go wrong today. Valera was locked in her room, with the door magically shut. Being seventeen had so many advances, since she had sealed the door with a charm. The born as an American citizen yet was completely British knew nothing of her history, of her brother's struggles, or anything like that. She remembered going to a boarding school that had left her nearly insane. She hated that place, but she did not realize that Jarrett was only doing that so she could actually eat. Valera did not know everything there was to know, but the teenager was full aware of the existence of Camden, a brother that she missed, but never knew why he vanished like he did. Jarrett had never mentioned him either, so she was starting to wonder if her brother had something to do with the mess. Valera currently could not believe that she was living with her brother alone, and not with Taralynn. Taralynn was her sister, and she was so envious of the way she looked. Taralynn was this beautiful model, and Valera was average. The only thing interesting about her were her unique, grayish purplish eyes. Sometimes Valera had been seen tagging things, especially on walls when she was around fourteen. Jarrett had managed to cover it up by magic, but there was something about tagging things for the right causes, such as fighting the power that inspired her to use her words and her skills to fight authority. Valera hated the government, thought everything was a conspiracy to bring the younger generation down, and often, she wrote songs and poetry to demonstrate her views, and never showed anyone her personal things. That is except her younger best friend, Amara Austin. She loved art, perhaps not the type of art that Valera was into. Valera's type included breaking the law, getting into trouble. She was one time brought to her house by the police for what she often did. It was not something that she could really stop. It could put her in jail, in muggle jail, but she could use magic to get out. She wanted those under anarchy to stop with the meaningless burnings and violence. Valera wanted the group that was rather violent to use words, become peaceful and artistic to get their messages heard. Valera happened to be one of those many people. This was why she was locked in her room, writing her heart out, pouring everything she had into paper in her bedroom where she was sitting on her bed with a notebook and a pen, just writing and writing.

Valera remembered that this week was the week that Amara was coming over for a week. Valera paused in her writing, and then wondered if her brother would pick on Amara for anything. She hoped not. Valera jumped off of her bed and slipped on her shoes, before she unlocked the door. Her clothing was not anything spectacular. Her closet was not like many other teenagers. She never had too many clothing. She always had enough to do her. She hated having more than she wanted. It was something that she must have shared when she was younger, not having much. Growing up was not that much of a pain, but she always remembered something, use what was needed, not what was wanted. She never held too much to material objects. It was not something she liked to hold on to. Valera opened her bedroom door and then she went to her brother's room, where she knocked a few times, but there were no sounds. She was told to never go into his room, so she never did. Valera did not see the point to invade his privacy when her own privacy was never invaded. Valera walked through the house, and Astoria's room was empty, so she was home alone! Valera would gladly enjoy this, and no one could tell her what to do. She could utilize her magic to how she saw fit! However as her thought on this died out, she instead got out a soda from the fridge, and plopped onto the couch to wait for her best friend to arrive. She doubted that she would have the whole week to herself and Amara, but it would still be fun regardless. Amara was going to be staying in an extra bedroom that Jarrett had charmed up somehow. It was decent sized, so she hoped that she was not going to complain about it. She then wondered what all would Amara bring. She turned on the television, and she started to watch some TV. There was nothing to do except homework that the teachers had, but Valera did not do much with homework or studies. Her concerns were not with the school and what they taught. Valera put her feet onto the coffee table, and she cracked open the bottle before she took a long drink. She was addicted to caffeine and she was proud of it. No one was going to change her mind about that at all. Valera then looked at the time when she thought that there would be time for her friend to arrive about now. She jumped from the couch, and put her bottle of soda to the table. She walked to the window, where she saw Amara struggling with a case that was very large. Raising an eyebrow, she looked to see that the street was vacant. Valera rushed to the front door, and she opened it. Seeing Amara struggle with the suitcase was hilarious to her. She closed the door behind her before she approached Amara with a playful smirk on her lips, "Having problems?" Valera knew that with the size, what she could do physically was not going to be enough, and with no one home, there was not much one could do about the overweight suitcase. "Want me to magic it inside?" Valera asked, whipping out her wand. She was of age to do magic, and she could help her friend out. Would Amara try to be difficult with it or not? She was left to wonder.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000"> Amara gracefully flipped a few stay pieces of blonde hair away from her face when she heard a familiar voice. Finally, Valere brought her butt outside. "It's about time you got out here! Help me bring this inside!" Valera could do magic outside of school, and Amara couldn't. Amara liked how the hotels she sometimes stayed at had people to carry her luggage up for her. Even if she was independent, she often over-packed and ended up in this situation. Amara's skinny arms rested on her hips as she awaited Valera to help her out. There was no way she was going to move this by herself. Amara was thankful for the fact that her friend put up with this sort of thing all the time. It was hard to find someone these days that out up with over-packing girly girls. Amara may have been a girly girl, but she wasn't the most typical girly girl out there. Perhaps that was what kept Valera from kicking her in the ovaries every time she spoke. Valera didn't take much mind to Amara's statement and took the large suitcase into the house anyways. Amara was leering with envy as she followed after the brunette and into the cozy home. Amara had all the way until February before she was old enough to do magic outside of the school. She couldn't wait either. There were so many moments when she just wanted to pull her wand out and use magic to make her life easier. But apparently it wasn't allowed or something. Amara let her blue eyes carefully scan in the interior of the house. It was so nice inside here. She had forgotten that it was so nice in here. It sounded a little bit quiet too, so she figured Valera's siblings weren't here either. "Hey, you mentioned that Taralynn moved out some time ago right? Does that mean I get her room for the week?" Amara teased. She remembered that Taralynn had a really comfortable bed. But if she didn't, Amara was willing to compromise. Amara envied Taralynn so much. Goodness she was beautiful, and so freaking tall. Amara wished she had the height and the beauty to be a model. That would be so much fun. It wasn't really something ever thought she would be good at that though. Amara would rather be an artist that a model. But her parents blessed her with ungodly awful artistic abilities. Amara kicked off the sandals she was swearing and set them aside. This was like a mini vacation. Amara was glad to have some company other than her brother for once. At least with Valera she could talk about more feminine topics other than bra sizes. That seemed to be all her brother cared about.

"You're sure your brother doesn't mind that I'm here?" Amara felt bad that she kind of dumped herself onto them. But Oliver was not a very good parental figure. Her parents were kind of sick in the head to think that he was capable of taking care of another human being. 'Amara girl, you already knew your parents sick in the head. Just look at your middle name.' Amara rolled her eyes at her own thoughts. What kind of a middle name was Cinnamon? Amara swore her brother was drunk when she came up with the name. It was ridiculous. Amara would love to change it if she knew how. Amara avoided letting people see or hear her middle name whenever possible. That was how bad she considered it to be. But what could be done until she found a way to change it. Nothing. Amara's skinny legs paced over to the sofa. Amara sat down and adjusted her body so that she was able to lean against the arm of the furniture. Even the sofa was comfy. Amara hoped Valera's older brother did not mind. She heard that he could be cruel and mouthy when he was upset. Amara would try not to be a pest though. So long as they had a nice shower, peanut putter, and a hair blower, she should be fine. Amara smoothed her skirt out and awaited to see what her friend said about her brother. Amara hated feeling like she was a bother to someone she barely knew.
<i>
</i>

Valera narrowed her eyes before rolling them. It was not her fault that she did not hear anything pull up or even a knock on the door. Valera pointed out in a soft tone, "Yes, I can see that I would have been on time without any sort of sound knowing when you'd arrive." Valera was often extremely sarcastic, but she meant no harm by it. She was a rebel, and her professors knew of her sarcasm and her remarks that had landed herself in detention. Yet her best friend was this teenager that was somewhat younger than her, and also that behaved so much more than her. She did not take any mind to it though. Opposites attract. Valera flourished her wand, made sure no one was looking, before she used a charm to hover the large suitcase, and she allowed it to follow her inside. Valera did not pay any attention to to the stares she was getting from Amara, since Valera could do magic outside of school, and she could not. She soaked in that fact, because she used magic for everything now, opposed to doing everything without it. As soon as they were inside, she lowered the suitcase down onto the floor, and she took a drink of her soda that she had left in the living room. She turned to her best friend when she asked if she was doing to be staying in Taralynn's old room. She shook her head before she shrugged, "Nope. Jarrett has a guest room for you. Astoria, Jarrett's future wife but he doesn't know about it yet, is living with us. She took over Taralynn's room." Valera doubted that Taralynn would be coming over to visit. She seemed to be enamored with one of the roommates, the cute one that did not play Quidditch. Valera thought that they would be a cute couple, but she did not talk to her sister about it. She seemed to know more than she on guys. Valera had a boyfriend here and there in Salem, but it was never anything serious. Her big brother seemed to be against her getting with any sort of male for too long. Valera shrugged it off, she didn't give a hoot. She often did what she wanted, when she wanted. She was positive that she would end up spending a few nights in jail.

Little did others know, she had every now and then for pranks on people. Valera looked around the living room before she wondered how they were going to carry that into the guest room. Well, let her big brother handle it. She didn't feel up to it. Besides, she forgot the spell to make something smaller. Valera was not that good at charms, or rather remembering the spells. "No, he doesn't care. He is out playing one of the games and won't be home for a few days. Kind of amazed me left me here alone anyway," mused Valera as she went over to the couch and plopped down. One thing she knew was that Jarrett would love to terrorize Amara over her middle name, Cinnamon. Even Valera would laugh at that, but then again she also made fun of Jarrett's middle name, Wade. No one except the family knew about his middle name though. He kept it that much a secret. Valera did not tell anyone her middle name either, it was just not necessary. Valera reached for the remote on the coffee table and she flipped on some music in the background, something along the lines of hard rock but nothing too heavy. Valera didn't like anything she could not understand. Valera tossed the remote onto the table, and she took another long drink of her soda, before she smirked slightly, and said, "Don't mind the bad host, if you want something, make yourself at home. Just don't get into my spray paints, Jarrett will kill me if they get all over the place, again." Valera never really offered anyone anything while they were over at her house, she figured that they had legs, they could get the things themselves. It was not like they were stingy or anything. Valera leaned back against the sofa, falling into a silence because it was hard to keep Valera talking if she did not have to.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Amara noticed the look on Valara's face and rolled her own eyes. Sometimes things were said that Amara clearly didn't mean. It got her into trouble from time to time. With Valera being her best friend though, Amara got away with more than than she usually did around other people. Amara didn't take Valera's sarcasm to heart or anything, but it did give her an idea for a wicked comeback. "If it makes you feel better I can wear a little bell around my neck or something?" Amara figured her wearing a bell would just drive people nuts. The family cat used to have a little bell around it's neck some years ago. It wasn't a permanent thing though. Eventually Amara grew tired of hearing the jingling every time the damn thing moved. It came down to either getting rid of the cat...or the bell. Amara chose the bell. At least the cat was fun to cuddle. Amara smirked at Valera almost in apology. She had to remember, this wasn't a fancy hotel. Which also meant that Valera was not a porter. Yet. Amara was good at convincing people to do things so one never knew until the time came. Amara was hoping to get Valera's old room. But it would appear as if she wasn't going to get it. Amara frowned and look at Valera with blank eyes. Jarrett had a guest room for her. Well that was nice that they got the room already for her and everything. But that wasn't the right room. Not at all. Amara opened her mouth to inquire why she couldn't have Taralynn's room, but Valera beat her to the punch by explaining it for her. Unfortunately Amara didn't quite understand what her friend meant by what she said. Well she got that the room was taken. But she was confused by this Astoria person. Amara cocked her head to the side and raised an eyebrow. "Huh?" Amara relayed the message in her head over and over again. It still managed to confuse her too. "How can a person be someone's future wife but the other person doesn't know it yet? Are they dating or sleeping together or something like that? Because if they go at it like animals or something I swear to god- you know what....nevermind. I won't go there. Will either of them be home anytime soon?" Jarrett was pretty cool. Amara thought so at least. He was pretty funny sometimes because he had a mouth on him. Growing up in a household where people were always trying to be proper and whatnot made Amara desire rebellion even more. Too bad Amara was too much of a chicken to truly defy them like she wanted to. Having a sip of wine at one of her father's parties didn't make her a badass. No matter how much she wanted it to. One day though, Amara would break out of this shell.

"Me too, actually! But you know what, I think you and I should go out tonight." Amara knew that Valera could be a rebel. Maybe if she hung out with her in a different setting, Amara would loosen up a little bit and have more fun. Amara didn't know how some people were able to do it. Amara wasn't raised like that. What if it broke her mother's heart or something? Amara shook her head and considered burying her head into the sofa. Who cared what her parents thought? One way or another she was going to grow up and have to live without them and whatnot. Why was it so hard for her to just go out and be like Valera for one night? "Because you suck. You're the little princess. Stay that way before you embarrass yourself.' Her mind began to remind her why she never tried it before. Normally Amara was very confident in herself. But when it involved her being someone she wasn't used to being, she became pretty harsh on herself. Amara knew she wasn't that kind of person. She wanted to be. But what was the point of being someone she wasn't? There was no point. Amara turned to Valera and analyzed her behavior carefully. Strangely enough, a lot of people seemed to miss this part of Amara. True, she was pretty girly and vain when she wanted to be. But Amara was far more intelligent than people gave her credit for. "Oh don't worry, I will! What did you do with the spray paints though?" Amara grew interested. Paint equaled art in her brain and anything that had to do with art, was interesting in her books. If only Amara was good at it, she wouldn't have to admire it from afar. Amara wanted to use the spray paints now. Even if it wasn't allowed. Amara would be careful if that was what the issue was. Unlike Valera, she didn't think rebellion and art always mixed.​
<i>
</i>

Valera thought about Amara having a bell around her neck before she shrugged and she thought that it would drive the fashionista nuts because it would not match anything she was wearing. Both of them seemed so different, like Amara was this little golden ball of sunshine, and Valera was a violent storm, an explosion ready to happen. Valera shrugged once more before she commented, "Bell or not, I still wouldn't hear you from inside the house. But I doubt you'd last long with one, since it won't match your clothing." Valera gave her best friend a playful smirk before she wondered where in the world did she have the idea about the bell because it would not have mattered either way. Now Valera could only imagine bells on animals, like a cat or something. Didn't Amara have a cat? It was hard for her to remember correctly. Valera almost wanted a pet, but she knew that Jarrett would have a sh*t fest if he found out that she would have gotten an animal. Hell, she had done more than that, and gotten away with a ton more. Valera had heard people tell her that she would more than likely end up either running the United States, or in jail for tagging something on the wall. She did that a lot, but she shared her views of everything with everyone she could find. Valera heard the question, before being asked another question and another. There was only so much she could explain to her friend. After all, to Valera, she was naive. Extremely naive. Valera let out a sigh, and she said, "So, Taralynn and I believe that, no, we know that Jarrett and this girl will get married and have babies, but they haven't realized it yet. All they need is a push in the right direction, which is why all of her money keeps going missing because I've been hiding it. So she will stay. They are not dating or sleeping together. Yet anyway. And I have no idea actually, and don't really care if they come home anytime soon." Valera shrugged once more, her skinny shoulders getting tired of shrugging as she took her seat. Sometimes Valera acted like she could not give a rat's ass about a lot of things, and that was true. She really did not care about things. Valera did care about her family, and that was about it. Jarrett was the one that raised them all, but she did miss Camden. What happened between Camden and Jarrett was definitely not what she knew about, and she wanted to know because she did miss her big brother that looked a little more like Taralynn than the rest of them. Valera finished off her soda, before she debated on snagging a bottle of firewhiskey from the top of the cabinet. However she was not sure on what Amara thought about drinkers, but Valera liked to be adventurous.

"I'm sorry I'm not into girls, sober," smirked Valera as she said it before she laughed softly. "Yeah, sure, we can. As long as you don't freak out about being out after curfew every ten minutes." The last thing that Valera wanted to hear was someone that didn't know the art of sneaking out complaining every now and again. She didn't know if Amara was like that, but she had a feeling. Valera was extremely rebellious. She had no regard for the rules, she hated being bounded by the law, and she felt like she could do what she wanted, when she wanted. Valera did not have parents to guide her, no mother to pretty her up, no father to discipline her. All she had was a brother taking care of her, but Valera was at that age when even her brother's words of laws meant little to nothing to her. Valera hated the government too, everything about them was corrupt. She despised the teachers, yet they still thought that she was a model student. She wasn't. Valera loved being the naughty girl. The only thing that Valera had not broken in the rules under Jarrett's house was bring men in and throw a huge party. Valera wanted to do that before she moved out, just so she could have her brother's reaction. It would not end well, but she could not help it when she thought about it. When Amara asked her that question, Valera started laughing, and she could not stop. Didn't she tell her what she did? Perhaps not if she was asking. "I spray painted my brother's bedroom with pink flowers and sh*t. He was so mad, it was hilarious. He got rid of all of my spray paints for a month." Valera was a young, aspiring artist. All of her work had a million words, how much expression she could put into them. She spray painted most of the time, she could draw, color, paint. Valera could only improve from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back