Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Chimera Scale Fragment Core
Lyra Potter stood in the Entrance Hall, waiting on Kasper. She was dressed in a lovely white dress with her hair in waves. He had invited her to the dance, and she had agreed immediately. Lyra liked Kasper. He made her days less lonely, and he was something new. The Hufflepuff boy was separate in her mind from Felix and her mother, which made it easier to not talk or think about those things when she was with him. So, Lyra waited, not so patiently, at the bottom of the stairs for her date.

Once he was done inspecting himself in the mirror, the Hufflepuff left the common room and headed towards the Great Hall. It had been a while ago since he last invited someone to go with him to the Valentines dance, and couldn't help to feel a little nervous about it. He spotted his date once he had arrived and approached her, quickly fixing his hair one more time. A smile grew on his face whilst looking at the girl in her white dress. ''You look absolutely stunning,'' he told Lyra.

"Thank you." Lyra said with a grin as Kasper complemented her. She was glad her dress had the desired effect on her date. Her green eyes glanced over him, taking in his appearance. Lyra slipped her hand into the crook of his arm as she looked up at him. "And, you're gorgeous." the Gryffindor said, matter-of-factly. She loved a man in a suit. "Come on. I want to dance." she said, pulling him towards the great hall.
<i></i>

He smiled at the compliment and walked with her into the Great Hall. He hadn't danced in a while so hoped that he wouldn't as stiff as a board. The decorations weren't much different than the previous years the school hosted the dance, and while it looked rather nice, the Hufflepuff liked the way the room looked during the Yule Ball better. Kasper turned to face his date once they stood on the dance floor and started moving his body around to the beat. He looked silly, he knew that but didn't really care since this dance wasn't as formal as the ball.

Lyra went with Kasper into the great hall, looking around at the decorations. She loved the big events that they had at the school. They were one of the few things she would miss when she graduated. There was a fast song playing when the couple stepped out on to the dance floor. Lyra was actually a pretty good dancer. The music was loud and fast paced, but the Gryffindor girl liked it. They danced for two songs before the music turned slow. Lyra remembered that the Valentine's dance often had a disproportionate amount of slow songs. The blonde looked at the Hufflepuff, taking a step towards him. She put her arms around his neck, moving close enough to him that she could feel his breath. "Is this okay?" Lyra asked, uncertain. She didn't know Kasper that well. She didn't know if he was interested in her like that.
<i></i>

It hadn't been long after they started dancing that a slow-paced song started playing and much to his surprise, Lyra stepped closer towards him and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Of course it is," Kasper replied, nodding his head vigorously, perhaps a little too eager to be this close to the Gryffindor girl but how could she blame him? She was kind and funny and seriously attractive. Throughout the dance he had been occasionally looking down at her chest while they danced around even though he tried not to. He hoped that she didn't notice him looking down as he would certainly be embarrassed if she caught him staring. "You're a pretty good dancer." the seventeen-year-old eventually stated to get a conversation going again. "Did you have dance classes or did it just come naturally?" he asked.

Lyra tried to hide her smile at his enthusiasm, not wanting him to think she was laughing at him, but pleased that he seemed to be interested in her. "Actually, I did take ballet as a child, gymnastics too, but it's been such a long time since then. My mom isn't--wasn't a muggle-born, but she was raised by my muggle grandfather, and she still liked to do muggle things." Lyra said, painfully stumbling over switching from talking about her mother in present tense to past tense. It hurt. She quickly moved on, not wanting to answer any questions about Kiera. "I do usually come to all the dances. I'm not sure I've missed one, but I'm glad I came with you tonight, Kasper." the Gryffindor girl said, looking up at her date with wide green eyes, desperate for a distraction. Without a conscious decision to do so, Lyra pulled his face down to hers and kissed him.
<i></i>

He listened attentively as she answered his question and frowned when Lyra corrected herself when she mentioned her mother. Because the Hufflepuff didn't want to ruin the night by asking the girl about her mother whilst she might have tried to avoid it seeing as the subject was changed to something else rather quickly, he decided to keep his mouth shut. ''I've been to most of the dances, I think,'' Kasper said. He never really cared about them and normally skipped them to do work on either homework or his comic book, but tonight he was glad that he had asked Lyra to accompany him to the dance. His dark brown eyes met hers while the two continued to slow dance and he smiled at her. What happened next was something the boy didn't think would happen at all but he did not mind it. He returned the kiss and pulled her a little closer to him.

Marcella had been enjoying the dance so far, saying hello to friends and just generally enjoying he lovely atmosphere. She thought the dances were the most amazing part of being at a magic school and she couldn't wait to be able to be out in the world going to all sorts of dances. Grinning to herself as she danced around, Marcella accidentally bumped into someone and turned to apologise. "Lyra! Oh, hello! I've missed you, how are you? And Fe, how are -" She realised at the last moment that Lyra and the boy she was locking lips with was not the Hufflepuff she knew, but a Hufflepuff she didn't. "I... don't... what's going on?"

Lyra pressed up against Kasper as he pulled her closer, wrapped up in his arms. She put her fingers in his hair at the nape of his neck. The Gryffindor girl found that she liked kissing the Hufflepuff boy, even though a small part of her felt as if she was betraying Felix. Lyra kissed him again, only to break away from her date when she felt someone knocking into her. The blonde turned to see who it was and let out a sigh of relief when it was Marcella, and not Falon. That would have been uncomfortable. Lyra turned to face Marcella while keeping her arm around Kasper. "Oh, hi Marcella!" Lyra started to answer the Ravenclaw when mistook Kasper for Felix. Lyra looked awkwardly up at Kasper, feeling rather uncomfortable. She hadn't seen Marcella in a while, but they had been best friends since first year-along with Felix. She knew Marce loved Felix and had pushed hard for the two of them to date in the first place. Lyra hoped she would understand. "Um..well..Marcella, this is Kasper Snowhill. Kasper, this is my best friend, Marcella. He's my date." the Gryffindor said, hoping that would be enough of an explanation for now but already knowing that it probably wasn't.
<i></i>

He didn't notice that someone had bumped into his date until she pulled away from the kiss. He looked at the Gryffindor girl and looked at her questioningly before he saw the reason why they had stopped kissing. He felt a little awkward standing there with her arm still around his neck. For a brief moment, he wondered why the other girl mistook him for Felix - were they still together? If so than he had to explain to Felix that it was all a misunderstanding. Kasper smiled weakly at Marcella and extended his arm. ''Hello,'' he felt a bit more comfortable when Lyra introduced him as his date but thought that perhaps it was best if he didn't say anything.

Marcella looked between her best friend and the boy she was with. Now that she thought about it, she'd seen him around before, but as she was never really a participant in classes, she didn't know him well. She cleared her throat. She'd made a mistake and she needed to rectify it, though she didn't understand what she was missing. Being off school like she had been obviously made her miss out on some really important milestones. Why hadn't Felix written her about this? Why hadn't Lyra?"Hi, um, I'm Marcella. It's nice to meet you." At least he seemed nice? "Sorry, Lyra, I'm confused." She said turning back to her. She didn't want to be rude, but she needed to understand. "Did something happen to you and Felix?"

This was awkward and uncomfortable. She could see it in Kasper's face that he was confused. Marcella asked the obvious question, and Lyra shifted uncomfortably. She had better come out with it. She liked Kasper, and she didn't want to upset him. In fact, she'd like to go back to kissing him. That was fun. "We broke up before the start of the term. It just wasn't working." Lyra lied, hoping Marcella wouldn't call her bluff right now. "I'd really rather not talk about it right now." she said, looking from Marcella to Kasper. There was a helpless look in her eyes, desperate for a change of subject. She'd talk to Marcella later in more detail. Lyra just couldn't handle it right now. She didn't want to think about Felix Urie tonight.
<i></i>

He thought that it was a little weird for the other girl to want to talk about Lyra and Felix right there and then since the Gryffindor had clearly introduced him as her date to the Valentine's dance and not his roommate. She had also made it a lot more awkward for him to be around now because she hadn't even been so friendly enough to shake the extended hand. Kasper clearly didn't know what was going on and wasn't sure if he even wanted to hear all of it - at least the fact that Lyra said that they had broken up before the start of the term made him feel a little better, he wasn't kissing someone else's girlfriend. ''Look, Lyra, I can go if you would rather want to catch up with your friend,'' the Hufflepuff boy told his date with a smile. ''I don't mind,'' He did, though, but figured that if she wouldn't talk about it right now, she'd be thinking about it all night long which would probably not be fun of either of them.

Marcella nodded at Lyra, she was going to ask about this later, but she realised this wasn't the time. She looked back at Kasper and shook her head. "No, it's okay, I'm sorry for interrupting." She told him, giving him a decently warm smile. She didn't dislike him, she didn't know him. She was just suddenly very confused. "Sorry for being rude, please don't let me bother you any longer." She said nodding before giving Lyra a small peck on the cheek. "Uh, I should go and see what's going on with my brother anyway, so, yeah. Bye." She said, heading off into the crowd.

Lyra hugged Marcella quickly as she leaned in to give her a peck on the cheek. "Thank you. I'll meet you tomorrow. I promise." she said to her best friend, feeling a little guilty. She shouldn't have let it go on so long without talking to Marcella about everything she was currently dealing with, but she was tired of talking about it, especially after what Maddie had said to her. Lyra looked up at her date, wrapping her arms around Kasper, pulling herself closer to him."I'm sorry. I'd really much rather be with you tonight. I'll see her tomorrow." she said, hoping Kasper would forgive her for the intrusion. "Now, where were we?" she asked, leaning back in so that he could continue kissing her if he liked.
<i></i>

A part of him was relieved that his date didn't went off to talk to her friend somewhere as he had been quite enjoying his time at the dance with the Gryffindor."No need to apologise, though I would have understand if you would rather have wanted to talk to her. It seems like you two haven't spoken to one another for a while." Kasper stopped talking when she pulled herself closer to him once again and grinned slightly. He didn't think that she would want to continue kissing him after they got interrupted, so was surprised to see that see leaned back in. He brought his head closer to Lyra's and pressed his lips against hers once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back