Hunger

Kale found it hard not to crack a smile when Courtney put on a 'stern face'. "Well, speaking of detention...isn't it off limits down here in the basements?" he asked with a laugh.

"Oh I did not hear that rule...." Hilary said with a smile. "Anyways Courtney started it..." she said pointing but still laughing...

Courtney grabbed the bag of actual sugar and dumped it's entire contents into the bowl, which was getting to be quite full. "There we go, that should counter the taste of the salt!"

Courtney shrugged at Kale's comment. "Limits, schimits!"

"Courtney! Oh my, that is going to be very very sweet!" Lily said laughing, almost to the point of tears. "Kale you get to be our taster when these come out of the oven!"

Kale raised a brow as Courtney added loads of sugar in the brownies, trying to hide the salt that Hilary accidentally put in. "Ah, Courtney! Those are going to be disgusting now!" he said unable to hold back laughter. "These brownies are going to be toxic!"

Hilary looked down at the now empty sugar bag, it had been almost full and held about 4 cups of sugar....twice as much as they needed...woops, well might as well move on "Okay baking soda, and only 1 1/2 teaspoons of it" Hilary smiled these brownies really were turning into an interesting time.

"Toxic? Kale. Don't worry, you can trust me. They will be scrumptious!" Courtney retorted, even though she knew otherwise.

Hilary grabbed the little container twisted off the lid and put in 3 teaspoons of baking soda. Atleast she could do something right. She tried to think of what came next in the recipe and then remembered "We forgot to pre-heat the oven!" She ran over to the oven and put it on 350 degrees F. "Okay looks good...now, 1/4 cup vegetable oil."

Kales eyes widened, "Trust you, Courtney? I've trusted you oodles of times before and I ended up in a bikini!" he laughed. Sniffing the air casually, he looked down into the brownie batter, "At least the batter smells alright." Kale snorted and stuck his finger in it, getting a scoop of batter and putting it in his mouth.

Hilary laughed a little as Kale tried to scoop up a piece of the dry ingredients, and ended up getting mostly salt. "We havn't added any wet stuff yet silly :p" she smiled.

Hilary grabbed the oil that seemed abbandoned and added 1/2 a cup because she had forgotten to double the amount before. She poured it into the rather dry batter and decided to start mixing because noone had yet....

Kale stuck out his tongue with disgust, "Yuck! I knew there was something extremely wrong with that!" he wiped his hands on his slacks and looked at the girls, " :blink: ...that was really gross. Add in the goods!"

Courtney made a face at Kale. "There is nothing wrong with this genius mix!" She then stuck her hand in and grabbed a handful of the mix and shoved it in her mouth. Her first reaction would have been to spit out the foul tasting substance, but she decided to lie.

"Delicious!" She muttered, in between chomps.

Hilary smiled at Courtney's attempts to be *the bigger person* , "Okay well this is stirred,I'm going to add a cup of water..." she walked over to the sink and poured one. "Okay I hope this works a little better." She poured it in the mixture. "Courtney, why don't you go warm up two thirds of a cup of honey, I think there's a microwave in the corner, for just this purpose..."

Courtney didn't pay much attention to the amount of honey needed. She grabbed a large black mug, filled it with honey and placed it in the microwave.

"How does this damn contraption work?" Courtney mutterred to herself. She pressed some buttons, but nothing seemed to work. She pulled the mug out of the microwave, figuring that the honey didn't necessarily need to be heated.

Courtney walked back to the bowl, and slowly poured the honey into the mix.

"Good thing you're studying here to be a witch and not an actress, Courtney. 'Cause I'm not buying it!" Kale laughed at her foul face from testing the substance the girls have made. "I'm starting to think cookies would have been an easier recipe for you guys!..." he raised his brow and began to snoop around in the cabinets all over the kitchen.

"Kale, I think we are perfectly capable of making brownies. :p" Hilary said with a smile. She noticed that the honey wasn't flowing very well but decided not to mention it. Instead she poured two teaspoons of vanilla into the bowl, deciding to only give Courtney really easy tasks from now on. Well she couldn't totally mess up vinager as long as she had the right bottle. She found white vinnegar and told Courtney "Okay pour in 3 teapoons, of this vinnegar in."

Lily laughed as she was sitting on the other counter. She jumped down and crossed the kitchen to where they were mixing.

"Hil are you really going to trust Courtney with the VINEGAR?" she said laughing. "If she gets that wrong these will really be nasty! No offense Courtney, but have you ever tasted vinegar?"

"Right Lily...what was I thinking, you can help Courtney with that vinnegar if you like, I made sure it was white vinnegar so as long as only 3 teaspoons get put in we'll be all good" Hilay was rethinking it now and really there was no real worse thing she could have had Courtney doing. "Courtney you can add the chocolate chips, try to keep it too a cup but a few extra, probably won't make these any worse than they already will be." Hilary smiled she was starting to think Kale was right about the cookie thing...

Courtney scrunched up her nose at the mention of vinegar, "Why don't we just pretend the brownies don't need vinegar? That stuff is dreadful."

Deciding it was time to stick to the measurements, Courtney grabbed a measuring cup that was already covered in goo and measured 1 cup of chocolate chips. She dumped the chips into the mixture, and grinned.

"I vote Kale cleans the dishes!" She yelled, eyeing the gross measuring cup.

Hilary smiled "Agreed!, but here Courtney there are more measuring cups here" She pointed to the random sets of them hanging from the bottom of the cupboard. Hilary took the bottle that Courtney had abbandonned and poured a tiny splash of the vinnegar in....she didn't want these being TOTALLY messed up. "Okay can someone mix that gooey stuff we can brownie batter? I'm going to grease the pan." Hilary decided that such things that seemd totally easy to her would be VERY confusing to a witch like Courtney, who obviously hadn't done much baking by hand before.

"I don't even know how to clean dishes!" Kale lied with a laugh. "There's no way I'm cleaning all of your messes, I'll pitch in a hand or two to help though." he looked at the gooey mess that coated the dishes and counter top, "This stuff looks gross!" Kale held his nose in disgust, and smiled playfully, "C'mon, these are brownies. Add so'more chocolate!" he exclaimed.

Courtney grabbed a spoon and stirred the mix, with difficulty. The mix didn't look quite right. "Uh guys, our brownies look rather white. Maybe we should add some more chocolate chips.."

Kale eyed the difficulty that Courtney was having and smickered, "Yeah, really...melting the choclate chips forst would be a good idea. It'll make it easier to stir." he scractched his chin and added, "I think.."

"Are you a wizard or not Kale?" Hilary smiled at the thought of bubbles and water everywhere too. "We're at school....we can use magic!!....you know Scourgify, that spell we learnt for just this purpose...."

At the thought of more chocolate Hilary just smiled, it's not like it would make them any worse...maybe sweeter but not worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back